HIC's HAWAIIAN UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Hawaiian Upside-Down Cake recipe: pineapple upside-down cake meets coconut-banana muffins, inspired by my sweet tooth and current fixation on tropical fruit + bakery flavors.

3% TFA Banana Nut Bread
1% FA Coconut
.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
.5% FA Caramel
.5% FA Jamaican Rum
.5% FA Pineapple
.5% FA Vienna Cream

It can be a challenge to coax toasted notes and sweetness out of FA Coconut. I'm so happy with it here! I can't decide whether I prefer this recipe fruitier (fresh) or more cake-like (after a couple days), so try it fresh-mixed and save some to try again after a couple of days.

Last edited:

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Safe to assume that's Banana Nut Bread by TFA (don't think there's a muffin)?

Looks tasty!

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC: Your Upside Down Cake looks very good. I will have to store it back for a time when I am not quite as busy.Both my wife and I are having health issues.

I said I was not going to post over here any more, but you were not one to throw stones and you said you had had your head pounding moments working on a pumpkin spice coffee recipe. Well, it took 3 months, but I finally nailed it and I wanted to share it with you. My recipe is done with other than FA concentrates, but I am certain you will be able to work with the ratios and convert it to a good FA recipe. This is more of a latte than a coffee and you may prefer increasing the percentage of Colombian Coffee. The trick with the Pumpkin Spice, is to dilute the concentrate down so that 0.0055ml becomes a volume that can be easily measured. I think, I diluted mine,100:1 in PG, so that 0.0055 became 0.55ml. That stuff is potent. Holiday Spice is another one that you have to dilute to make it manageable.

50/50 PG/VG 1.92ml/5.5ml Nic = 0mg 11ml Batch Quantities
Colombian Coffee (TW) 4% 0.44ml
Cappuccino (IW) 12% 1.32ml
Pie Crust (MTB) 4% 0.44ml
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 2% 0.22ml
Clove (TFA) 1.5% 0.165ml
Cinnamon (spice) (VZ) 3% 0.33ml
Vanilla Oleoresin (Sig) 2% 0.22ml
Cinnamon Danish (TFA) 4% 0.44ml
Pumpkin Spice (TFA) 0.05% 0.0055ml
MTS 2 drops/6ml

The MTS helps tame this recipe down, but, it really needs to steep 7 to 10 days to develop it's real flavor. Knowing everyone's taster is different and the FA concentrates maybe of different formulation, I hope you don't have to tweak it too much. I sincerely hope you can convert it, enjoy it, and share it with the others in the FA group.

Eric

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Clove (TFA) 1.5% 0.165ml
MTS 2 drops/6ml
This sounds delicious!! I don't recognize a couple of your vendors though. Who is TW and MTB?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Safe to assume that's Banana Nut Bread by TFA (don't think there's a muffin)?

Haha! I DO think of it as muffins instead of bread, but I went ahead and fixed that name in the recipe. Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC: Your Upside Down Cake looks very good. I will have to store it back for a time when I am not quite as busy.Both my wife and I are having health issues.

I said I was not going to post over here any more, but you were not one to throw stones and you said you had had your head pounding moments working on a pumpkin spice coffee recipe. Well, it took 3 months, but I finally nailed it and I wanted to share it with you. My recipe is done with other than FA concentrates, but I am certain you will be able to work with the ratios and convert it to a good FA recipe. This is more of a latte than a coffee and you may prefer increasing the percentage of Colombian Coffee. The trick with the Pumpkin Spice, is to dilute the concentrate down so that 0.0055ml becomes a volume that can be easily measured. I think, I diluted mine,100:1 in PG, so that 0.0055 became 0.55ml. That stuff is potent. Holiday Spice is another one that you have to dilute to make it manageable.

Clove (TFA) 1.5% 0.165ml
MTS 2 drops/6ml

The MTS helps tame this recipe down, but, it really needs to steep 7 to 10 days to develop it's real flavor. Knowing everyone's taster is different and the FA concentrates maybe of different formulation, I hope you don't have to tweak it too much. I sincerely hope you can convert it, enjoy it, and share it with the others in the FA group.

Eric

Eric, I'm glad to "see" you post and hope you and your wife are both A-okay soon!

Thanks for remembering my project! You and I went the same direction in avoiding that plain Pumpkin flavor and leaning toward latte. Who needs Starbucks when you DIY, lol. Who's your source for Totally Wicked? There are a few of those I'd like to try, and Columbian Coffee sounds up my alley. I've never bought any TW; wouldn't mind knowing their best, if you have an opinion on them.

My pumpkin spice ended up like this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pumpkin-spice-latte-and-pumpkin-spice-eggnog.22231/ You'd definitely want to scale that up to your strength preference.

Feel better, and don't be a stranger around here!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
HIC's Hawaiian Upside-Down Cake recipe: pineapple upside-down cake meets coconut-banana muffins, inspired by my sweet tooth and current fixation on tropical fruit + bakery flavors.

3% TFA Banana Nut Bread
1% FA Coconut
.5% FA Caramel
.5% FA Jamaican Rum
.5% FA Pineapple
.5% FA Vienna Cream

It can be a challenge to coax toasted notes and sweetness out of FA Coconut. I'm so happy with it here! I can't decide whether I prefer this recipe fruitier (fresh) or more cake-like (after a couple days), so try it fresh-mixed and save some to try again after a couple of days.
oh this looks good !! I'll put this at the top of the list for tomorrow. Ive done similar things but I have never thought of throwing pineapple in it !!!!! now i can already taste it !!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
oh this looks good !! I'll put this at the top of the list for tomorrow. Ive done similar things but I have never thought of throwing pineapple in it !!!!! now i can already taste it !!!!

I hope you like it; pineapple-coconut-banana is a combo I've always liked in real food. FA Pineapple can be a powerful sweetener for other fruits. Even though it's pretty potent, it allows other minor flavors to still shine through. Everything I made today has some pineapple in it, lol.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sounds delicious!! I don't recognize a couple of your vendors though. Who is TW and MTB?
Talon: TW is Totally Wicked and MTB is Mount Baker Vaping in the state of Washington. TW is a British company with retail stores and distribution points in the U.S. Google Totally Wicked. They were among the first to get into the vaping retail business and are now international. MTB is a U.S. company that has grown to one of the larger retailers and is growing. That Pumpkin Spice dilution is 0.055ml in 10ml PG. You put .55ml of that dilution in the coffee mix.

Eric
Eric, I'm glad to "see" you post and hope you and your wife are both A-okay soon!

Thanks for remembering my project! You and I went the same direction in avoiding that plain Pumpkin flavor and leaning toward latte. Who needs Starbucks when you DIY, lol. Who's your source for Totally Wicked? There are a few of those I'd like to try, and Columbian Coffee sounds up my alley. I've never bought any TW; wouldn't mind knowing their best, if you have an opinion on them.

My pumpkin spice ended up like this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pumpkin-spice-latte-and-pumpkin-spice-eggnog.22231/ You'd definitely want to scale that up to your strength preference.

Feel better, and don't be a stranger around here!

HIC: It is good to be talking to you again. I have missed it.

TW has a U.S. division now and quite a few retail location. I am in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and there are 3 retail stores here and the Sarasota location does distribution for this area and probably more. Their Colombian (Colombian for legal reasons) Coffee is one of the best. Now as to the best, that is hard to nail down one person to another. Their Gold Standard line is their top line of concentrates, but those of us that have been using their stuff for awhile, believe their older line The Red Label line has the better concentrates. You will have to test the concentrates, because they, along with everyone else seems to be correcting the content of their concentrates to require less concentrate to achieve the desired flavor profile. The German rating lists list TW's GS concentrates for use between 3% and 8%. That might be a good place to start. As far as their tobaccos are concerned, the Red Label line is the one most favored It is all over the lot as far as preference goes.

Hope I was able to shed some light on TW.

Eric

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, shake and vape is absolutely delicious!! Have another bottle steeping for 2 days, hopefully I'll leave it alone for that amount of time

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info Eric. I knew TW well when we first started vaping. My wife loved their menthol juices. I had no idea they made flavor concentrates as well. I will definitely have to check them out. Thanks!!

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info Eric. I knew TW well when we first started vaping. My wife loved their menthol juices. I had no idea they made flavor concentrates as well. I will definitely have to check them out. Thanks!!

Talon: I kinda answered you and HIC together on this. Thank goodness you saw the answer I worte to him, cause I forgot to tell you what I was doing and make sure you continue reading his reply box. They have a forum and most of the people on it are from the UK, so some of the suppliers they mention we don't even recognize. And what is kind of weird is, on that forum you are not allowed to mention any other juice manufacture. Talk about having your in the sand.

Eric

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes this is a delicious shake and vape, the pineapple really shines. Looking forward to this after some shelf time too.

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

3% TFA Banana Nut Bread
1% FA Coconut
.5% FA Caramel
.5% FA Jamaican Rum
.5% FA Pineapple
.5% FA Vienna Cream

Hi again matey, have you tried the new five pawns range ?, they just released a new cheaper high VG range and they have a pineapple upside down cake, my brother bought it and I have to say it was spot on pineapple upside down cake lol, plenty of flavour as well in a squape rs, I think there other range is absolutely ridiculous price wise, but this range is uk is £13 per 30ml and cheaper in USA probably, so it's better value than many others and it's a nice juice, I wonder how hard it would be to put together actually and if u have tried it or going to I would love to hear your thoughts on possible ingredients, hope your well :)

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

3% TFA Banana Nut Bread
1% FA Coconut
.5% FA Caramel
.5% FA Jamaican Rum
.5% FA Pineapple
.5% FA Vienna Cream

Do you taste the banana in this recipe ?, not wanting to lol, like the idea of pineapple cake a lot after five pawns the other day lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you taste the banana in this recipe ?, not wanting to lol, like the idea of pineapple cake a lot after five pawns the other day lol

I don't get much, if any, Banana taste from the TFA BNB even at higher amounts.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
HIC, do you have a straight up PUSDC recipe? I have been failing repeatedly on that one.

I'm going to try your Hawaiian version though once I get the flavorings I'm missing.

wazu

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
HIC, I love you, man. Every recipe of yours I've tried was awesome. I have no luck mixing my own concoctions.

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope - never tried anything by them and probably never will. DIY has spoiled me. :)

I'm with you on that score ha, the only juice I buy now is Philip rocke grand reserve, and Wooties #21 custard, as that custard is so different to any other, it doesn't taste like the regular creamy vanilla custard, it has way more going on lol, and grand reserve is just amazing IMO, so I get giving a lot of juice off brother when he does not like them in exchange for me making him peanut butter e juice lol,
I have a few batches of custards steeping hoping to get close to Wooties and grand reserve I'm working on too, but that is going to take a lot longer lol, I don't think he uses a lot of coffee in it, I'm guessing around 0.2% of FA espresso, but I will get something close soon enough hahaha.

On a good note the kayfun 5 looks promising ha

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well made this around 18 days ago and decided to try it tonight lol, at first the flavor wasent to my liking lol, ( using vapour giant on sxj mod ) so I turned watts upto 12.5 watts ( I know febel in sub ohm times right lol, but sub homing limits what u can vape ie no chocolate, Tabacco, bla bla ) so anyway ha, at 12.5watts it started to really appeal to me, you get all the flavora including pineapple, and it's a very moorish kinda vape that is growing on me big time lol, ( 1st time vaping rum too lol ) I'm looking forward to cranking this up a bit more come bed time and may even push the boat out to 15 watts lol.
I'm a flavor chaser and always will be, and I'm pretty much only vaping what I make now, because why pay a fortune for what can be bought cheap, thanks for another great recipe that has opened my eyes a little more ha

VU Sponsors