HIC's HERB DROPS (like Ricola Original)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Herb Drops recipe: This is a distinctive, bold flavor for oddballs (like me) who like cough drops as candy. It was first inspired by these Italian candies,
logo_3_91.jpg
which include licorice and peppermint extracts with anise, tea, and some other herbs. They are quite similar to Ricola's Natural Herb Cough Drops, but the Italian candies do not include menthol. If you want Ricola-like flavor, be sure to include the menthol. If you leave it out, you get the candies in the picture. Both are a lot of fun to vape!

3% FA Licorice
1% FA Peppermint
1% FA Anise
1% FA Black Tea
1% FA Lemon Sicily
(optional) 1% FA Menthol Arctic or any other menthol you like (for Ricola-like)

Shake and vape!

related trivia...
Licorice+peppermint flavor isn't just popular in cough drops and candies. It's found in many herbal teas. Here it is in an alternative to toothbrushes, apparently widely used in Africa. I've seen references to those African chew sticks as a stop-smoking aid, too. Interesting!

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks delicious! I only have menthol (made from menthol crystals). Is there a difference between this and the FA menthol arctic, do you know?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Looks delicious! I only have menthol (made from menthol crystals). Is there a difference between this and the FA menthol arctic, do you know?

I can't stand menthol cigs and rarely vape menthol, but for some reason I have a bunch of menthol flavors. They all taste and smell the same to me. FA's Menthol Arctic is just plain menthol, no other mints or unexpected flavors, not unusually strong. I'm sure your own from crystals would be fine!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My dad loves Halls cough drops so you're not alone. I don't know how he feels about Ricolla though. I'll have to ask. The recipe looks good.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes me wonder why they took the soda flavor drops off the market.

HIC you need to score some swedish candy, they are batshit about anise, and salt.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This looks really good! I am on White Tic-Tacs right now - I might have to mix this up next! :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Makes me wonder why they took the soda flavor drops off the market.

HIC you need to score some swedish candy, they are batshit about anise, and salt.

Ricola had soda pop flavors? A quick google and I found nothing. Can you tell me more about whatever I missed out on?

Yep, I love those Scandinavian licorice and anise candies. Cost Plus World Market is the best source I know.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hic check out Northerner for the scandicandies.

It was halls and ludens I think that had 7-up and a&w rootberr cough drops.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
It was halls and ludens I think that had 7-up and a&w rootberr cough drops.

Ah-ha! I found mention of Dad's Old-Fashioned Root Beer Menthol throat drops, "soothing menthol vapors with the great taste of America's premium root beer." They may be discontinued, but I have menthol and Tasty Puff's Rasta Root Beer, so I can vape it anyway. I have a cold, so it sounds good.

Thanks, BN!

VU Sponsors