HIC's HOMEVAPE CHEESECAKE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Homevape Cheesecake recipe: plain cheesecake filling (no crust and no 'custard note' ingredients)

2% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
2% FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1% FlavourArt Custard
0.75% The Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine ( https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx )
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel

This is the flavor of plain cheesecake filling - no crust, no toppings, and no diacetyl or substitutes you might not want to vape. It's very tasty all by itself, but I usually use it as an ingredient to create custom cheesecake flavors (like lemon-ginger cheesecake with gingersnap crust.) If you want to make your own, keep reading...

To make your own roughly 6ml bottle of Homevape Cheesecake flavoring:
2 ml FlavourArt Vienna Cream
2 ml FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1 ml FlavourArt Custard
0.75 ml The Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine (can get it here: https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
0.5 ml FlavourArt Caramel

Use this in place of any other cheesecake flavoring. Remember it is just the filling flavor. It would be used as a single-flavor at 6%, so you'd use about 3-4% of this with 2%-5% of your crust and/or topping flavors. Totally custom cheesecake vapes, yeah!

Last edited:

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is a win all the way....thank you a ton for that recipe, I was wanting to work out a cheesecake without all the diacetyl, you just saved me likely a lot of time and money on recipes I would probably have messed up. Cheesecake with vanilla wafer crust FTW! Maybe a keylime cheese cake, a chef of mine makes a real one that is so good, it is just not fair..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
That is a win all the way....thank you a ton for that recipe, I was wanting to work out a cheesecake without all the diacetyl, you just saved me likely a lot of time and money on recipes I would probably have messed up. Cheesecake with vanilla wafer crust FTW! Maybe a keylime cheese cake, a chef of mine makes a real one that is so good, it is just not fair..

Mr J, the Key lime part is easy; just add your favorite lime. You could use this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-vanilla-lime-cheesecake.1872/ (using this cheesecake instead of the vendor's version - btw, TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust has no diacetyl. But their plain cheesecake does.)

The crust though, it's best to have a separate ready-to-vape bottles of your crust and your cheesecake, and add those together to get the balance to your liking. Graham cracker is sort of boring. Maybe a gingersnap cookie crust? http://vapingunderground.com/thread...sses-crinkles-lebkuchen-more.1960/#post-11427

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the advice there, I have the TFA cheesecake crust, I would not have thought to mix them separately though. That gingersnap cookie crust is winning for the crust....would rock with the keylime cheesecake. I have a keylime flavor, I forget what brand though.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mr J, the Key lime part is easy; just add your favorite lime. You could use this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-vanilla-lime-cheesecake.1872/ (using this cheesecake instead of the vendor's version - btw, TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust has no diacetyl. But their plain cheesecake does.)

The crust though, it's best to have a separate ready-to-vape bottles of your crust and your cheesecake, and add those together to get the balance to your liking. Graham cracker is sort of boring. Maybe a gingersnap cookie crust? http://vapingunderground.com/thread...sses-crinkles-lebkuchen-more.1960/#post-11427
Ginger snap crust? Hmmm, this would go GREAT with a pumpkin cheesecake, yes? Hmmm, and 2 parts meringue to 1 part FRESH cream = whip cream. Thinking...clouds of smoke conmmng from my brain...or is that my vape smoke? So wondering how to modify your homemade CHEESECAKE recipe? Perhaps not at all.. just use maybe at 3% instead of 6% …maybe 1-2% whip cream...ginger snap crust at ? % ....and flavors of flavourart classic vanilla, tfa PUMPKIN SPICE, FA cinnamon, a touch of holiday spice & that na ginger u r so found of. Time to order more flavors!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ginger snap crust? Hmmm, this would go GREAT with a pumpkin cheesecake, yes? Hmmm, and 2 parts meringue to 1 part FRESH cream = whip cream. Thinking...clouds of smoke conmmng from my brain...or is that my vape smoke? So wondering how to modify your homemade CHEESECAKE recipe? Perhaps not at all.. just use maybe at 3% instead of 6% …maybe 1-2% whip cream...ginger snap crust at ? % ....and flavors of flavourart classic vanilla, tfa PUMPKIN SPICE, FA cinnamon, a touch of holiday spice & that na ginger u r so found of. Time to order more flavors!
And more bottles to separate cheesecake flavor, crust flavor, filling flavor like u suggested early on. Good ideas

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
Used this 2 nights ago in a mix to match one of my favorite desserts ever, Dutch Apple Cream Cheese. Basically a small layer of cheesecake mixed with apple pie and caramel dripped over the top. I added a small amount of caramel to the existing mix, and used apple pie and cookie to add in the apple pie portion of the recipe. It's a VERY nice vape :D

4% of the Above listed Homevape Cheesecake 6ML mix
.25% FA Caramel
1.5% FA Applie Pie
.5% FA Cookie

It probably needed a day to mellow and really let the flavor of the cheesecake come through the bakery/apple portion. It really does end up as a nice mix!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Used this 2 nights ago in a mix to match one of my favorite desserts ever, Dutch Apple Cream Cheese. Basically a small layer of cheesecake mixed with apple pie and caramel dripped over the top. I added a small amount of caramel to the existing mix, and used apple pie and cookie to add in the apple pie portion of the recipe. It's a VERY nice vape :D

4% of the Above listed Homevape Cheesecake 6ML mix
.25% FA Caramel
1.5% FA Applie Pie
.5% FA Cookie

It probably needed a day to mellow and really let the flavor of the cheesecake come through the bakery/apple portion. It really does end up as a nice mix!
Nice!!! Do you taste Apple in this?

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
Nice!!! Do you taste Apple in this?
Yeah it comes out pretty good, normally if I was just going for pie crust I do 1% apple pie to .5% cookie, the extra half a percent of pie brings it out :) You can always just add more straight Apple to taste if you want it to be a stronger flavor, but I think it'd overpower the cheesecake pretty quick.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Disgusting. Just disgusting.

No, not the recipe! The recipe is delicious! What's disgusting is the way I scarf this juice up!

Can't believe how much rich, creamy, sweet flavor is packed into a juice with only 6% flavoring! This is a "learning experience" in DIY - more flavoring doesn't necessarily mean more flavor. I'll make this recipe again and again! I'll no doubt make it with fruit flavors, but I enjoy it so much the way it is too.

Thanks for sharing this recipe HIC!!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
This sounds so delicious. Thinking of putting in some pumpkin for an awesome pumpkin cheesecake. Any suggestions on the Pumpkin brand flavoring I should pick up and percentages to start with. I havent tried any pumpkin flavoring yet so this will be a new trial and error experience. Also some Pineapple in there is screaming at me. A pineapple cheesecake sounds yummy too...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This sounds so delicious. Thinking of putting in some pumpkin for an awesome pumpkin cheesecake. Any suggestions on the Pumpkin brand flavoring I should pick up and percentages to start with. I havent tried any pumpkin flavoring yet so this will be a new trial and error experience. Also some Pineapple in there is screaming at me. A pineapple cheesecake sounds yummy too...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pumpkin-cheesecake-help.34331/

Or try some tfa PUMPKIN SPICE...for some reason people have not been able to make tfa PUMPKIN work with anything.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Def have to get this one to work. May try the TFA version first since it's one buy vs several flavorings. Hope it works out lol

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Def have to get this one to work. May try the TFA version first since it's one buy vs several flavorings. Hope it works out lol
The tfa PUMPKIN SPICE tastes like cinnamon and strong CLOVE, fyi. But I use it as a CLOVE substitute. You'll definitely want to add either fa or tfa cinnamon here also imo. The tfa PUMPKIN would be the flavor I wouldn't bother buying. I have a shipment coming in today....was out of Vienna. Will play with it when it arrives and let you know what happens. Don't heat steep spices. I think it takes 1-2 days for the Vienna to get creamier.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
There goes that idea of pumpkin spice. Than k so for saving me the Hassel of a wrong buy. OK do now to make pumpkin to go into the cheesecake filling

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The tfa PUMPKIN SPICE tastes like cinnamon and strong CLOVE, fyi. But I use it as a CLOVE substitute. You'll definitely want to add either fa or tfa cinnamon here also imo. The tfa PUMPKIN would be the flavor I wouldn't bother buying. I have a shipment coming in today....was out of Vienna. Will play with it when it arrives and let you know what happens. Don't heat steep spices. I think it takes 1-2 days for the Vienna to get creamier.

Yup, I get strong Clove & Nutmeg I think, yuk, cough cough, lol.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a very interesting read regarding pumpkin spice. I shall try that and report back on my findings. hahaha Another vape mail order in the works for me
Crazy how flavors can work. I just thought it might help you in your quest. I had that quest, but I am a scatter brain, and go from one thing to the next w/o finishing sometimes. I have an order conning today and need to make another...I'm with you on the vape mail.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok since I had the base cheesecake flavors I went with that. Then I'm not so sure as I added 8% TFA blueberry extra. Tastes pretty shitty but going to let it sit for a while and test again tomorrow

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok since I had the base cheesecake flavors I went with that. Then I'm not so sure as I added 8% TFA blueberry extra. Tastes pretty shitty but going to let it sit for a while and test again tomorrow
Aww, did Heabob scare you out of trying PUMPKIN SPICE? I have the blueberry extra. Does it taste weak on blueberry to you?

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Catalan Cream is pretty unique @VapingBiker but you could try swapping it with FA Cream Fresh plus a touch of FA Cinnamon Ceylon, that might be a decent approximation. HIC probably has a better idea though.

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I guess I will hold off until my next order. Just spent close to two hundred bucks lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@VapingBiker - Catalan adds the underlying tangy flavor for this recipe and really can't be copied with other flavorings. Yep, I'd skip this if you don't have it. But it sounds like you'll be prepared to make lots of others!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I started out just wanting to save some bucks by DIY for my wife and my flavors. But I feel like a freeking junkie now lol. Is there a 12 step program for HIC's recipes?

Welcome to the flavor junkie world, @VapingBiker . If there's a 12 step program to quit enjoying flavors, I don't even want to know about it. :D

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Aww, did Heabob scare you out of trying PUMPKIN SPICE? I have the blueberry extra. Does it taste weak on blueberry to you?
hahahah @Daintanee , I dont scare that easily. I did mix this up with the TFA Blueberry extra at 8% and boy did it taste crappy. But then again, I was in a bad mood and was rushed. I have had an opportunity to taste the mix (via finger dipping haha ) and it is yummy. Hopefully I will be able to give it a good vape tonight to see. Worst comes to worst, I will remix the cheesecake portion and try some TFA Pineapple I just got (was not a fan of the FA Pineapple - very strong and bitty even at 1%)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Golden-Honeydew-Melon-Torte-18.JPG
Hi HIC! Doesn't this look divine? I mixed up your cheesecake last night and tried it and it's delightfully divine. The recipe above is a golden honeydew melon torte I've been working on and trying various things. Although it is not exactly what the recipe calls for I put 6 ml. Of your home vape cheesecake and added 6 ml. Of a mix of .25% FA Cookie, 1% FA Lemon silicy, 1% FA Custard, and 1% caps honeydew melon and this is pretty tasty. I would never have been able to do anything I mix up without reading all of your flavor notes as well as recipes with notes as well as all of the help you've given answering questions and helping me and everyone else. I just want to say a big thank you to you! I thought of removing the caramel and trying a dilution of honey in here, thoughts.?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC! Doesn't this look divine? I mixed up your cheesecake last night and tried it and it's delightfully divine. The recipe above is a golden honeydew melon torte I've been working on and trying various things. Although it is not exactly what the recipe calls for I put 6 ml. Of your home vape cheesecake and added 6 ml. Of a mix of .25% FA Cookie, 1% FA Lemon silicy, 1% FA Custard, and 1% caps honeydew melon and this is pretty tasty. .. I thought of removing the caramel and trying a dilution of honey in here, thoughts.?

It does look great! Especially if you pick out the honeydew. lol
I don't know about leaving out caramel. You just don't want the flavor there? It's sweetening, but I the Honeydew has that covered. What the heck, give it a try. Instead of a honey dilution, maybe FA Torrone would be good - like a nutty cookie crust, a hint of citrus you wouldn't taste over Lemon Sicily, mild honey, and it's sweet. You could just add it 0.5% (0.25% if you're nervous about the almond). Almond-melon... hm. Only if it sounds good to you.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does look great! Especially if you pick out the honeydew. lol
I don't know about leaving out caramel. You just don't want the flavor there? It's sweetening, but I the Honeydew has that covered. What the heck, give it a try. Instead of a honey dilution, maybe FA Torrone would be good - like a nutty cookie crust, a hint of citrus you wouldn't taste over Lemon Sicily, mild honey, and it's sweet. You could just add it 0.5% (0.25% if you're nervous about the almond). Almond-melon... hm. Only if it sounds good to you.
No, I love it as is, I was just trying to get the recipe right. But man that honeydew is very sweet. Ahh, I forgot, you don't like melon vapes. The 1st one I tried was wllmc's cantaloupe crossing and I found I love melon vapes. But I hate most coffee or tobacco vapes....however, that strawberry mocha frappuccino was amazing. Oh and I loved pirate truffles. But seriously, if it wasn't for all your notes and help, I'd never be able to make tasty things. I really can not thank you enough.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds , how could you not like melon vapes yet create something as scrumptious as Kaktus Melons??? Lol!
There was mention of key lime earlier in the thread. What makes the lime "key"? I ask because I have plain lime flavoring, but want to make a key lime pie or cheesecake. What's the difference?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds , how could you not like melon vapes yet create something as scrumptious as Kaktus Melons??? Lol!
There was mention of key lime earlier in the thread. What makes the lime "key"? I ask because I have plain lime flavoring, but want to make a key lime pie or cheesecake. What's the difference?

I can vape that Kaktus Melons, knew melon fans would enjoy it, but the flavor of melons reminds me of slimy seeds. Keep the melons, pass me my Irish Cream, thank you.

Key lime is a lime with an Attitude. It has sharper flavor, a bit of bitterness, more sour. What's your plain lime flavoring? If it tastes like lime juice, add a little bit of FA Lime Tahiti for a zestier lime that mimics Key lime pretty well. In a cheesecake, all citrus gets smoothed out some, so if you have any lime flavor you like, it might work just fine as-is. I used plain lime juice flavor in this one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-vanilla-lime-cheesecake.1872/ for intentionally mild flavor, and it still tastes good. I like both of FA's limes, but TFA Key Lime is also a great one.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can vape that Kaktus Melons, knew melon fans would enjoy it, but the flavor of melons reminds me of slimy seeds. Keep the melons, pass me my Irish Cream, thank you.

Key lime is a lime with an Attitude. It has sharper flavor, a bit of bitterness, more sour. What's your plain lime flavoring? If it tastes like lime juice, add a little bit of FA Lime Tahiti for a zestier lime that mimics Key lime pretty well. In a cheesecake, all citrus gets smoothed out some, so if you have any lime flavor you like, it might work just fine as-is. I used plain lime juice flavor in this one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-vanilla-lime-cheesecake.1872/ for intentionally mild flavor, and it still tastes good. I like both of FA's limes, but TFA Key Lime is also a great one.
The only lime I have right now is a Top Vapor brand from MadVapes. It is pretty tart and tastes pretty true to lime juice. Their flavors are hit and miss (got them when I first started and didn't know FA from shinola...), their lemon is really good, but their green apple is downright nauseating, and I really like their caramel. Just the other day ordered lime cold pressed and lime distilled, but overlooked tahiti. Back to Mama J's!
Thank you very much, I'm gonna go check out that cheesecake....:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just the other day ordered lime cold pressed and lime distilled, but overlooked tahiti.

If you have 2 different FA lime flavors, you have them both. The one with 'cold-pressed' in the name is the juice flavor. The other one gets different names on different sits; even FA changed its name.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now that's tricky....lol!
It had me all confused the other day, too. Just remember if it's referring to FA lime and doesn't say cold pressed (whether in the recipe or on the bottle), it's the distilled.

VU Sponsors