HIC's HOMEVAPE CHEESECAKE

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol - I googled reviews for that DQ cake and got sidetracked when I found out...<drumroll>

...there's a Smarties Blizzard Ice Cream Cake! !GASP! <falls to ground>
WANT!
Okay, I'm throwing out hints to both of ya....get to mixin', I want too!!!! LOL!!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha! Ok, fine ill work on the cheesecake one since I tasted it. The cake is obviously layered, not sure I can get that effect, but obviously it has strawberry in it as well as vanilla ice cream, a a drizzle of hard chocolate and sweet strawberry on the cake sides.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DQ discontinued Smarties Blizzards. *sob*
WTH? Still I'm sure you could whip up something tasty along with smarties and ice cream. It may even better than their original. But I know you wanted to taste it. I suggest going their with a bag of smarties and batty your eyelashes at the counter lady. I bet they'd make you one with your smarties.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
WTH? Still I'm sure you could whip up something tasty along with smarties and ice cream. It may even better than their original. But I know you wanted to taste it. I suggest going their with a bag of smarties and batty your eyelashes at the counter lady. I bet they'd make you one with your smarties.

I am not the "batty your eyelashes" type. lol
I made this just now: 2% FA Vanilla Classic, 2% FA Vienna Cream, 1.5% TFA Sweet Tart (which is actually the flavor of Smarties), and I added 0.5% Koolada, but it wouldn't be necessary. In fact, it makes me cough and I wish I'd left it out. But this is what I imagine it might have tasted like, if it's made with their usual soft-serve "dairy" goop. I like this, but no telling if it's accurate.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not the "batty your eyelashes" type. lol
I made this just now: 2% FA Vanilla Classic, 2% FA Vienna Cream, 1.5% TFA Sweet Tart (which is actually the flavor of Smarties), and I added 0.5% Koolada, but it wouldn't be necessary. In fact, it makes me cough and I wish I'd left it out. But this is what I imagine it might have tasted like, if it's made with their usual soft-serve "dairy" goop. I like this, but no telling if it's accurate.
Chicken?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Done yet? :D I got the easy one.
I tasted the ice cream cake and it has an even stronger cheesecake flavor than your Vape, plus vanilla and strawberry ice cream. I tried cutting your cheesecake to 2/3, but it wasn't enough for this one. I tried it with your 6% flavor plus .25% FA chocolate for the outside drizzle, plus .75% FA Vanilla Classic, plus 1.5% caps sweet strawberry....no, not there yet. Chocolate needs to be removed as it's not in most of the cake. I am thinking a combination of FA Strawberry and caps strawberry. Maybe even.25% cookie. So no, not done yet. I really think it needs to sit 12-24 hours with the a.p. to get the stronger cheesecake. HIC do you think using .25% FA cookie with .5% TFA a.p. would change the original? I'm starting there.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I am saying you are a chicken to not go to dairy queen with a bag of smarties and ask if the will please make you a smartie blizzard.

You are right about the cookie. Hmmmm, The closest I have gotten is...
2.25% FA Vienna cream
2% FA Catalan Cream
1.5% Caps Sweet Strawberry
1% FA Custard
.75% TFA a.p.
.75% FA Vanilla Classic
.5% FA Strawberry
.5% FA Caramel
.25% FA chocolate
.25% FA cookie

A lot of flavor there though. I am afraid to cut down on the Catalan cream or custard or caramel in fear of losing the cheesecake flavor. I may try cutting the cookie and upping the a.p. to 1% and see what happens with this.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds , what could one sub with TFA/CAP flavors instead of FA?

In this recipe, none of the FA flavors could be replaced with other brands, just like the TFA flavor used here can't be replaced with an FA or Capella flavor. There just aren't other-brand flavorings that are a similar enough flavor for the ones used here. Think of this whole recipe as "FA Cheesecake Base" - use it intact, or ignore it completely and use a different cheesecake flavoring.

In general, if all 3 brands have a flavoring with the same name, they will taste quite different and require different amounts for. Straight-up swaps that would work in all recipes without changing the measurements are few. Capella's Lemon Sicily is very similar to FA's, and I'll bet that's the only Caps that could sub for FA without changing the flavor of a recipe pretty drastically. A few TFA that can slide into recipes to sub for FA at the same percent. TFA Key Lime to replace FA Lime Cold-Pressed; TFA Cinnamon Spice for FA Cinnamon Ceylon; pineapple. If you adjust percents to account for the difference in strength, maaaybe marshmallow; peppermint and spearmint; perhaps a few others I'm not remembering. But even with these subs of the flavors that ARE most similar between the brands, if it's a main flavor in a recipe, the final flavor will taste different.

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm very new to diy juice recipes in fact this recipe is going to be a first... I understand that this cheesecake recipe is the base cheesecake flavor and I would like to make it a strawberry cheesecake for my wife as a surprise because strawberry cheesecake is her favorite of all desserts lol... The simplest thing would seem to me to just add Strawberry to this recipe... I have FA- Strawberry but I was unsure as to how much to add, if there needed to be more flavors added, and is this even the right strawberry flavor or do I need FA Strawberry Ripe? I realize that there is some testing required in these I was just hoping someone could help me get it closer to what I'm looking for...

Also I couldn't find a Strawberry Cheesecake recipe to follow... seemed kind of strange to me because it is fairly common around here but I'm not sure that I'm doing it right...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm very new to diy juice recipes in fact this recipe is going to be a first... I understand that this cheesecake recipe is the base cheesecake flavor and I would like to make it a strawberry cheesecake for my wife as a surprise because strawberry cheesecake is her favorite of all desserts lol... The simplest thing would seem to me to just add Strawberry to this recipe... I have FA- Strawberry but I was unsure as to how much to add, if there needed to be more flavors added, and is this even the right strawberry flavor or do I need FA Strawberry Ripe? I realize that there is some testing required in these I was just hoping someone could help me get it closer to what I'm looking for...

Also I couldn't find a Strawberry Cheesecake recipe to follow... seemed kind of strange to me because it is fairly common around here but I'm not sure that I'm doing it right...
@HeadInClouds ....please. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't think I've ever put strawberry with it, to be honest. I'd probably start with a tiny batch of 3% Strawberry + 4% Homevape Cheesecake, and if it's reasonable, think about crust (cookie?)

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds just wanted to update you...

I did the homevape cheesecake recipe and made 6 mls of 3% cheesecake to 4% strawberry... shook it well put it in a clean tank handed it to my wife and asked her what it was... She took one hit, immediately declared "Strawberry Cheesecake!", gave me a kiss, and told me to fill her tank up...

I'd say it's a success lol! Thanks for the help! This is one that I'll be hanging on to for awhile!

thumbs up.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds just wanted to update you...

I did the homevape cheesecake recipe and made 6 mls of 3% cheesecake to 4% strawberry... shook it well put it in a clean tank handed it to my wife and asked her what it was... She took one hit, immediately declared "Strawberry Cheesecake!", gave me a kiss, and told me to fill her tank up...

I'd say it's a success lol! Thanks for the help! This is one that I'll be hanging on to for awhile!

View attachment 25958
That's so sweet!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

You're new to DIY, *and* it uses a sub-recipe -- pat yourself on the back for a job well done! :)

Medved

Member For 4 Years
Still waiting for my Catalan to come... I so badly wanted to improvise without it, but I didn't after all. :)

HIC you're making me rediscover FA flavors again after 4 years (long time DSB lover), and I love it. Hats off for your talent and your recipes, my friend ;)

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This sounds great. Caramel is now on the wishlist for my next (looks like sooner than later) order. Thanks HIC.
I'm eagerly awaiting for some flavors to show up this week so I can try this and a couple other of HIC's tasty recipes.

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
I love cheesecake and really wanted this to be a great recipe so about a two months ago I mixed this one up. I first let it sit for a day and tried it out ... YUCK! All I could taste was the AP, a flavor I seem to be extremely sensitive too, even with my bad taste buds, and not even a hint of cheesecake. So I threw it in the roll top desk and forgot about it. I found it tonight and decided to try it out again. Same thing .... Yuck!

I vape at a high temp so I decided to kick it down some ... A cooler vape gave me instant cheesecake and no AP taste! YUM YUM YUM!

I'm sure I would of had the same results vaping it fresh, so now I know if a recipe has a good amount of AP in it to lower the temp :) I'm now going to have to retry your Homevape Peanut Butter cause sadly that one ended up going down the drain.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
A cooler vape gave me instant cheesecake and no AP taste! YUM YUM YUM!

I'm sure I would of had the same results vaping it fresh, so now I know if a recipe has a good amount of AP in it to lower the temp :) I'm now going to have to retry your Homevape Peanut Butter cause sadly that one ended up going down the drain.

I know a lot of people will benefit from your post - thank you!

tminit

Member For 4 Years
Cant say enough about this recipe. Combined the base @4% with 1.5% TFA Graham Cracker (not bored with Graham yet as still new to vapn & DIY) and 3% FA Strawberry. It is definitely a shake and vape but after it steeps, oh my!!. I have never had so many people ask me it they could taste my juice. Kudo's to HIC.
60vg/40pg & 6% nic on a Sig 150 TC with a Sig elite 2 tank, Ni200 coil, .2 ohms. The sweet spot for me is 345 degrees at 35 j.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use this in place of any other cheesecake flavoring. Remember it is just the filling flavor. It would be used as a single-flavor at 6%, so you'd use about 3-4% of this with 2%-5% of your crust and/or topping flavors. Totally custom cheesecake vapes, yeah!

I am little confused about this part. Are you talking about making the mixture of the flavorings and using that 3-4%? Also, can the original recipe be made with a fruit flavoring added to that with the same results or is the original recipe less of a total percentage than the 3-4% you suggest otherwise?

Does that make since?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am little confused about this part. Are you talking about making the mixture of the flavorings and using that 3-4%? Also, can the original recipe be made with a fruit flavoring added to that with the same results or is the original recipe less of a total percentage than the 3-4% you suggest otherwise?

Does that make since?
When you make this:
To make your own roughly 6ml bottle of Homevape Cheesecake flavoring:
2 ml FlavourArt Vienna Cream
2 ml FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1 ml FlavourArt Custard
0.75 ml The Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine (can get it here: https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
0.5 ml FlavourArt Caramel
-- you're making your own cheesecake concentrate to use like a bottle of flavoring, suggested use 6%. This flavoring just makes the cheesecake part. If you wanted to make your cheesecake with crust, just use 3-4% of the above and also use 2-5% of your crust and/or fruit flavors. If you add nothing to it, it just tastes like plain cheesecake flavor.

lalaloopsie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Homevape Cheesecake recipe: plain cheesecake filling (no crust and no 'custard note' ingredients)

2% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
2% FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1% FlavourArt Custard
0.75% The Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine ( https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx )
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel

This is the flavor of plain cheesecake filling - no crust, no toppings, and no diacetyl or substitutes you might not want to vape. It's very tasty all by itself, but I usually use it as an ingredient to create custom cheesecake flavors (like lemon-ginger cheesecake with gingersnap crust.) If you want to make your own, keep reading...

To make your own roughly 6ml bottle of Homevape Cheesecake flavoring:
2 ml FlavourArt Vienna Cream
2 ml FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1 ml FlavourArt Custard
0.75 ml The Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine (can get it here: https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
0.5 ml FlavourArt Caramel

Use this in place of any other cheesecake flavoring. Remember it is just the filling flavor. It would be used as a single-flavor at 6%, so you'd use about 3-4% of this with 2%-5% of your crust and/or topping flavors. Totally custom cheesecake vapes, yeah!

i just have to make a special THANK YOU post...this recipe is outrageously tasty!! i had only 1 ADV..up until i made this and discovered how awesome catalan cream and fa custard is. Thanks to you HIC i now have 2 favorite ADVs! this recipe is just out of this world EXCEPTIONAL and i greatly appreciate you sharing...
for the record i must disclose i dropped AP down to .5%...i was afraid it might take over 'for my' taste buds...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

lalaloopsie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This sounds great. Caramel is now on the wishlist for my next (looks like sooner than later) order. Thanks HIC.
Edit: Caramel gets me this too.:)
HIC's CARAMEL EGG NOG

since i'm here and saw this post....i must also mention this is my #3 adv! another absolutely killer recipe i've discovered from HIC! very very yummy...
Thank You again :)

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ran out of the creams I need to make it sadly. About time to pay for flavorarts employees houses again

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

VU Sponsors