Become a Patron!

HIC's HOMEVAPE PEANUT BUTTER (no custard note ingredients)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've had this bottle of AP for quite a while now, though it smells just like I remember it smelling when it was new. Does it go bad or turn rancid?
Cavediver, different people seem to prefer different amounts of AP - maybe mix with less? I've never had AP go bad but couldn't tell you if it's possible. I doubt that's the issue. This should be fairly similar to TFA mixed over 10% (but sweeter), so if you'd use less TFA than that, you might want to dilute this some. Can't think of any more tips other than letting it sit a while to mellow.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
AP over 1.5% to me gets that frito like smell/taste. Maybe he used a more highly concentrated AP? I noticed that TFA made some adjustments to their Sour flavor not terribly long ago (turned there 10% MA solution into a 20%). Maybe something similar happened here.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
AP over 1.5% to me gets that frito like smell/taste. Maybe he used a more highly concentrated AP? I noticed that TFA made some adjustments to their Sour flavor not terribly long ago (turned there 10% MA solution into a 20%). Maybe something similar happened here.

This is a somewhat novel use of ap that requires more than usual. Look at this one for another special effect that uses surprising amounts of ap: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-swiss-bliss-premium-chocolate-candy-bar.5201/

You have a great point about TFA's dilutions! My bottle says 5%. If someone has a 10% dilution, that would be horrible in this quantity!

Ill have too look at what I got thanks. yeah supposley at 5 percent going to drop it to 1.5 percent then try her again. I loved Louranss peanut butter but its not the best to be vaped

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked that and mine is the (normal?) 5% solution.

I'll try to remix this later in the week, maybe I'll figure out where it all went wrong :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you're not using vapers tek nic, that could be why. I have WL nic and have the same issue.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
You know, I honestly forget that not everyone is using VT nic. Yes, that's what I used. I don't know about the others (earlier in this thread) who also loved this pb - they don't mention what nic they're using.

You can eliminate nic as a problem (in any recipe) by making a batch 0 nic.

Looks like some preferred this after it sat a day or two. One mentioned liking it a lot combined with a cocoa recipe.

My only complaint is that it's really, really sweet. I love it but can't vape it for extended sessions without getting a cavity.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
will try 0 and im assuming that vt nic is good

it is really clean nic, so you just get the pure flavor of the flavorings.... much like using no nic, as far as the final flavor is concerned.
You might want to start lower on the AP; it's always easier to add than to take out.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Cavediver did you remix this and get good results?
I ask because I had the same experience.
I worked on it for awhile but gave it up . I am thinking of pulling this one back out for another try.
BTW, I use VT nic but I also have screwy tastebuds. :confused:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This approach might work best if you're tasting the acetyl pyrazine:

(from the recipe) "If you want to experiment to taste the effect of AP, make the recipe without it, test-vape a little (it will taste less sweet and much like hazelnut), then add the AP to taste the transformation." But add it gradually, in .25% or .5% increments -- just until that hazelnut morphs into peanuts. If you get it to work for you like that, tell us what percent you ended up with. (It's always 3% for me.)

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Cavediver did you remix this and get good results?
I ask because I had the same experience.
I worked on it for awhile but gave it up . I am thinking of pulling this one back out for another try.
BTW, I use VT nic but I also have screwy tastebuds. :confused:

Not a chance. I've had next to zero playtime these last two weeks, and my schedule isn't likely to ease up for another few days to a week. I'm hanging at the house this morning for a little while so my wife and I can spend a bit of time over a nice breakfast, but then it's back to the office for another long day :(

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am getting closer!! For some reason I have a hard time tasting certain flavors even stand alone. That might be the problem here because when first mixed I only tasted AP. I increased the other flavors slowly and this is getting closer for me. Others that aren't getting it either might want to give this a try. Play with the percentages a bit, you might be surprised. This was my latest attempt.

3% AP
3% FA Caramel
1.5% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Hazelnut
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
1% FA Coconut

I think I am going to drop the coconut to .75% my next mix and see if that does it. It is so close....

I'm gonna have to give your percentages a go because I'm also not getting PB from the initial recipe. And its been sitting for a little over a week now. One thing about your percentages, in HIC's original recipe notes he says not to go over 1% Hazelnut. Do you find it working better at 1.5%?

I gotta get this working because I love peanut butter. :)

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm gonna have to give your percentages a go because I'm also not getting PB from the initial recipe. And its been sitting for a little over a week now. One thing about your percentages, in HIC's original recipe notes he says not to go over 1% Hazelnut. Do you find it working better at 1.5%?

I gotta get this working because I love peanut butter. :)

I plan to work on this more tonight. I never did get it either.
I plan to try it like HIC's last suggestion.
I am going to mix all ingred. except AP and then add it slowly to see what I can come up with. I will post back here when I do.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not a chance. I've had next to zero playtime these last two weeks, and my schedule isn't likely to ease up for another few days to a week. I'm hanging at the house this morning for a little while so my wife and I can spend a bit of time over a nice breakfast, but then it's back to the office for another long day :(

I hear ya on that. That's my story too. Hopefully tonight I can get on this.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
HIC explains it at sweet like peter pan. I get kinda different peanut butter flavor. it is sweet but it reminds me of this peanut butter my mom used to make when I was a kid. I vaped some of this with some banana with pretty decent results.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am determined to get that too @wllmc . All my previous efforts I could only taste AP.
Hopefully later..

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is what I did...

2% FA Caramel
1% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Hazelnut
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Coconut

then in 6mls of base I dipped 1/2 a toothpick in AP and mixed that in the mix. This is close but I am going to do one more swirl of AP.
I guess I have a low tolerance to AP. I can taste it and smell it in these low doses which is weird because there are many flavors I don't taste much of. As I said early on... I have screwy tastebuds.

Edit: I did one more swirl of AP. I can taste the AP but still not quite nutty enough. I didn't want to add more Hazelnut so I added 1% FA Nut Mix. I can convince myself this is peanut butter. We will see how it does in a couple of days.

Thanks HIC for all of your help! :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't want to add more Hazelnut so I added 1% FA Nut Mix.

added 1% TFA Toasted Almond. It may not be as peanut-y but I do like that toasted flavor in there.

Adding other nut flavors, there's an idea!

FA Nut Mix has some hazelnut flavor, so it might even work as a replacement for FA Hazelnut.

TFA Toasted Almond used to include custard note ingredients, but the current info shows none of them! http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=343480 (I don't know when that changed)

Thanks, both of you!

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
This is the recipe that brought me to this forum and I've stuck around ever since, and I've made a point to try anything I can by HIC and many other members as a result. If you're like me and have been looking for a peanut butter, but have found something lacking in the premade flavors available, definitely try this. It's great on it's own, but could also be a strong starting point to tweak more to your taste. As some others have stated, you might not taste peanut butter from it right off the bat, your brain may have difficulty placing it's flavor to something familiar but once you "see" it, it'll make sense.

I've also found that it can be a little harsh on the throat if I use my usual nic level (5-6) with it, so I back it off to 3 or so. I see this as a good thing, as I can still get that noticeable throat-hit with less nic. I also like it with a little strawberry, as vaping something so savory all day can be a little much. A touch of fruit gives a nice pb&j taste and adds another dimension if you're like me and get burnt out on any particular flavor pretty quickly.

Anyway, 2 thumbs up from this guy. Well done!

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question about the use of AP: when you call for 3% AP, is that 3% straight from the bottle? Or is that 3% from a dilution? I had previously read that it should be diluted to.... I think it was one drop into 5mL PG ( or something like that), and that resulting mixture is what you use.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

This was made for peanut butter fans who want to avoid vaping diacetyl/subs. Peanut butter flavorings all have those ingredients - until now. The ingredients may surprise anyone who has used them before, but the resulting rich, sweet, peanut butter vape will surprise you even more. Expect a sweet peanut butter like Peter Pan, not a health-food-store version.

HIC's Homevape Peanut Butter
3% Acetyl Pyrazine: https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
2% FA Caramel
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Hazelnut - measure carefully; don't go over 1%
0.75% TFA Brown Sugar Extra (optional, highly recommended to complete the peanut butter effect)
0.75% FA Coconut (optional for extra creamy richness and bigger vapor clouds)

Shake it really well, but no need to 'steep'

The 8.5% total flavoring is the flavor intensity of TFA Peanut Butter used around 12%.

Don't go over 1% Hazelnut, even if you raise other percentages. Too much Hazelnut will ruin the peanut butter effect.

Vienna Cream adds the needed vanilla background and creaminess.

Acetyl Pyrazine is key for making FA Hazelnut into peanut butter - and adds sweetness. I was really surprised how much, because it never struck me as sweet flavor. If you want to experiment to taste the effect of AP, make the recipe without it, test-vape a little (it will taste less sweet and much like hazelnut), then add the AP to taste the transformation. Cool!

Caramel and Brown Sugar add roasted-sweetness to eliminate the raw/wild nut flavor of Hazelnut. Brown sugar adds 'dark' notes, sort of a molasses touch, to complete the peanut flavor.

Coconut - if you vape TFA Peanut Butter next to this recipe, you'll probably taste coconut in the TFA. I kept Coconut low enough here that you won't taste it, but it adds a rich 'fatty' effect that just belongs in peanut butter.

If you want to amp up the sweetness, try adding 0.5% Marshmallow. If you like maple or honey with real peanut butter, you'll like it here, too - but try it as written first, because it's already pretty sweet.

If you're going to use this as peanut butter flavoring in more complex recipes (explained here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/ ), using just the first 4 ingredients will do the job fine. If you'll be vaping peanut butter by itself, include both of the optional ingredients if possible.
Hey there HIC, I have all of these ingredients except the hazelnut. I know you say the AP makes the hazelnut into PB but do you think nut mix will have a similar effect? Running a little low on VG base atm and I'm hesitant to waste any right now! LoL

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey there HIC, I have all of these ingredients except the hazelnut. I know you say the AP makes the hazelnut into PB but do you think nut mix will have a similar effect? Running a little low on VG base atm and I'm hesitant to waste any right now! LoL

I'd wait to mix this until/unless you have FA Hazelnut. Nut Mix has some, but it has other nut flavors that "get in the way".

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd wait to mix this until/unless you have FA Hazelnut. Nut Mix has some, but it has other nut flavors that "get in the way".
Yea I figured that one out the hard way! Thankfully I only mixed up 10ml so I just ditched it. Thank You for your reply, I use many of your recipes and have learned alot about mixing with FA from your posts.

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Blast! I just ordered a bunch of flavors and coconut was not one of them. And THEN I see this recipe!
Always happens.
I'm still going to try it when they arrive because boy do I love peanut butter but I don't love the bad-for-you stuff that TFA has in theirs.

HIC you said it adds an extra "fattiness" that peanut butter has.
So, how about I throw a drop or two of chicken fat in it instead?
Think that'd work?

:D

I'm kidding of course, I'd never try to vape chicken fat.

But it would be neat to try a chicken/peanut butter flavor.
In theory.

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's just a minor ingredient here for the fatty effect - you can use TFA!
For vaping coconut standalone or as a major ingredient, FA is more true coconut flavor, but either brand would be fine here.
How about marzipan FA? I don't have coconut but I have all of the other ingredients. I am thinking since it is a minor ingredient marzipan should work good here too. I am guessing that omitting the Marshmallow and adding maripan instead of the coconut will be similar to using both coconut and the ,5 Marshmallow for added sweetness. Will post back as to my findings. Thanks a bunch HIC!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How about marzipan FA? I don't have coconut but I have all of the other ingredients. I am thinking since it is a minor ingredient marzipan should work good here too. I am guessing that omitting the Marshmallow and adding maripan instead of the coconut will be similar to using both coconut and the ,5 Marshmallow for added sweetness. Will post back as to my findings. Thanks a bunch HIC!

The almond flavor in Marzipan screams "Amaretto" to me. If I vaped that in here, I'd definitely taste almond-amaretto, but I'm sure curious if it works for you!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good Day Fellow vapers
This recipe looks delicious and as an avid PB fan I would love to try it out. The only AP flavoring I have is from Signature found on Ecig express. Will this brand work in this recipie?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good Day Fellow vapers
This recipe looks delicious and as an avid PB fan I would love to try it out. The only AP flavoring I have is from Signature found on Ecig express. Will this brand work in this recipie?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions...

Yes, Signature is TFA/TPA brand.

You may want to start with lower amount as some of us here get the "Fritos Curse" from the AP.
Can add a little bit at a time to test.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thank you Heabob for you comment and confirmation that I have the right stuff hahahah.
I was reading through the tread and did pick up on the Fritos comments. Although I dont mind Fritos, they are not exactly what I would like to Vape, especially if I am expecting PB... If it was chili then thats cool, but not for my fav PB... Thanks again.

Edit: If you are looking for FA Coconut, ecigexpress has it but I had to buy 120ml as that was the smallest I could get. ugh... I see myself looking for a lot of coconut recipes in the near future...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you Heabob for you comment and confirmation that I have the right stuff hahahah.
I was reading through the tread and did pick up on the Fritos comments. Although I dont mind Fritos, they are not exactly what I would like to Vape, especially if I am expecting PB... If it was chili then thats cool, but not for my fav PB... Thanks again.

Edit: If you are looking for FA Coconut, ecigexpress has it but I had to buy 120ml as that was the smallest I could get. ugh... I see myself looking for a lot of coconut recipes in the near future...

No problem,

If you like PB Vapes I'd suggest you look up @Thunderball Chick-O-Stick recipe here.
It's got PB & Custard, etc, seems like it's gonna be good, (just made some yesterday).
Tastes yummy on finger drip taste, I used the lower amount, but may raise it next time.
But it does have the baddies in it, so...

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
That's cool as I love PB and adding custard to m I st my vapes is wonderful to my taste buds. Will Def have to check it out

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

You'll get a lot of use from that one. I love FA Coconut.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made this tonight, first ever diy. I think it's the hazelnut that's a bit strong, my fault. But overall I really like it. Thank you.

You'll find Hazelnut gets a little less bossy as a mix with ap in it like this sits around a couple days, so don't assume you measured badly.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I just need a celery flavor :)

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

This was made for peanut butter fans who want to avoid vaping diacetyl/subs. Peanut butter flavorings all have those ingredients - until now. The ingredients may surprise anyone who has used them before, but the resulting rich, sweet, peanut butter vape will surprise you even more. Expect a sweet peanut butter like Peter Pan, not a health-food-store version.

HIC's Homevape Peanut Butter
3% Acetyl Pyrazine: https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
2% FA Caramel
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Hazelnut - measure carefully; don't go over 1%
0.75% TFA Brown Sugar Extra (optional, highly recommended to complete the peanut butter effect)
0.75% FA Coconut (optional for extra creamy richness and bigger vapor clouds)

Shake it really well, but no need to 'steep'

The 8.5% total flavoring is the flavor intensity of TFA Peanut Butter used around 12%.

Don't go over 1% Hazelnut, even if you raise other percentages. Too much Hazelnut will ruin the peanut butter effect.

Vienna Cream adds the needed vanilla background and creaminess.

Acetyl Pyrazine is key for making FA Hazelnut into peanut butter - and adds sweetness. I was really surprised how much, because it never struck me as sweet flavor. If you want to experiment to taste the effect of AP, make the recipe without it, test-vape a little (it will taste less sweet and much like hazelnut), then add the AP to taste the transformation. Cool!

Caramel and Brown Sugar add roasted-sweetness to eliminate the raw/wild nut flavor of Hazelnut. Brown sugar adds 'dark' notes, sort of a molasses touch, to complete the peanut flavor.

Coconut - if you vape TFA Peanut Butter next to this recipe, you'll probably taste coconut in the TFA. I kept Coconut low enough here that you won't taste it, but it adds a rich 'fatty' effect that just belongs in peanut butter.

If you want to amp up the sweetness, try adding 0.5% Marshmallow. If you like maple or honey with real peanut butter, you'll like it here, too - but try it as written first, because it's already pretty sweet.

If you're going to use this as peanut butter flavoring in more complex recipes (explained here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/ ), using just the first 4 ingredients will do the job fine. If you'll be vaping peanut butter by itself, include both of the optional ingredients if possible.
Hey hic is fa flavour art or flavor apprentice??

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have brown sugar yet. Any substitutes you can recommend for me to give this a shot before my next vape mail arrives?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have brown sugar yet. Any substitutes you can recommend for me to give this a shot before my next vape mail arrives?

0.5% TFA Molasses (contains acetyl propionyl) - just like some pb brands use it. It's a little sweeter than brown sugar, too.

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0.5% TFA Molasses (contains acetyl propionyl) - just like some pb brands use it. It's a little sweeter than brown sugar, too.

If I had Molasses, I probably would have made that leap myself. Any other suggestions? These are my flavors:

CAPS Cranberry
CAPS Vanilla Custard v2
FA apple pie
FA bilberry
FA blackberry
FA blackcurrant
FA caramel
FA cardamon
FA catalan crème
FA cherry
FA chocolate
FA cinnamon