Become a Patron!

HIC's IRISH LASS (creamy vanilla Irish whiskey & coffee)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Irish Lass recipe: rich, creamy, sweet vanilla with Irish whiskey and coffee

1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1% FlavourArt Vanilla Classic
1% FlavourArt Irish Cream

This is a lightly-flavored recipe that's easy to chain-vape. If you prefer bolder flavor, just use equal amounts (up to 2%) of each flavoring. FlavourArt flavorings are very concentrated, so definitely don't go higher without trying it. Note: creams taste richest when vaped at lower power.
Shake 'n vape. It gains creaminess as it sits for a day or two, but it's great right away, too.

Last edited:

Margie

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for putting your recipes on this site. It was getting to be a pain weeding through all the posts on ECF just to find one particular recipe. This format looks like it might be much easier to maneuver. Love all your recipes. marshbunny

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, good to see you here! My ECF blog has all my recipes in one place, so no need to search posts ;) (all my recipes are here on Vaping Underground now!)
I like the atmosphere here - very easy-going!

Last edited:

Margie

Member For 4 Years
I have tried quite a few of your recipes and ALL were great. I also think I'm going to enjoy adding this site to my must read list. I am always searching the net for recipes. I have been checking out the vaporjoe site everyday since he started the site, but it was the chance to win that Provari that forced me to join. I am still enjoying you Italian nougat recipe. You should post that recipe here for everyone to enjoy.

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
HIC's Irish Lass recipe: rich, creamy, sweet vanilla with Irish whiskey and coffee

This is a lightly-flavored recipe that's easy to chain-vape. If you prefer bolder flavor, just use equal amounts (up to 2%) of each flavoring. FlavourArt flavorings are very concentrated, so definitely don't go higher without trying it. Note: creams taste richest when vaped at lower power.
Shake 'n vape. It gains creaminess as it sits for a day or two, but it's great right away, too.
I was wondering if there's any coffee or espresso in this recipe.
Side note: Thank you for everything you have ever posted. I have learned so much from your posts and ended up with some top-shelf vapes.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats it , i can't take it anymore lol. I just can't read the titles anymore , need a break.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I was wondering if there's any coffee or espresso in this recipe.
Side note: Thank you for everything you have ever posted. I have learned so much from your posts and ended up with some top-shelf vapes.

Irish Cream has some coffee flavor in it, much milder than FA Espresso. Mixed like this you'll taste just a hint of very creamy, sweet coffee behind the other flavors.

I'm glad to know you've found some recipes that keep you happily vaping! This recipe was one of my first few with only FA flavoring; I still vape it :)

Last edited:

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just made this last night and I am waiting to settle down for tonight

HIC, I am fairly new to DIY and realized I had enough flavors to make this up. It came out pretty harsh at 4mg. I did 1.5% of each (I know I should have listened to you and started at 1%). Do you think it is a little harsh b/c I went 1.5%? I am going to let it sit for a few days and maybe dilute it down to 1% if it is still the same. I have used vienna cream standalone, but tomorrow I'll try mixing a little irish cream and vanilla classic separately and see if either if those is where I'm getting the harshness from. Any suggestions?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I am fairly new to DIY and realized I had enough flavors to make this up. It came out pretty harsh at 4mg. I did 1.5% of each (I know I should have listened to you and started at 1%). Do you think it is a little harsh b/c I went 1.5%? I am going to let it sit for a few days and maybe dilute it down to 1% if it is still the same. I have used vienna cream standalone, but tomorrow I'll try mixing a little irish cream and vanilla classic separately and see if either if those is where I'm getting the harshness from. Any suggestions?

A total of 4.5% flavoring isn't so much that it taste "harsh" to most people. It's possible you like very light flavoring, but I'll bet you'll find it's smoother after it ages a day. Recipes with Vienna Cream usually do. Your plan (in red) sounds exactly right to me! Post back and tell me how it is tomorrow, if you get a chance - okay?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me, a little steeping turned this into an all day vape. First impression wasn't THAT good. I upped Irish Cream to 2% and subbed Vanillla Bourbon for the 1% Vanilla Classic as well. I'm sure mine sat for more than a week. My new batches I quick steep in an Ultrasonic Cleaner. Another factor was I changed tanks in that time frame.

Last edited:
A total of 4.5% flavoring isn't so much that it taste "harsh" to most people. It's possible you like very light flavoring, but I'll bet you'll find it's smoother after it ages a day. Recipes with Vienna Cream usually do. Your plan (in red) sounds exactly right to me! Post back and tell me how it is tomorrow, if you get a chance - okay?
Ok, thanks man! I will check back in a day or so and let you know how it turns out.

Alright, I tried it this afternoon and it has "smoothed out" substantially. It is delicious! So much so that I immediately mixed up another one of your recipes that I had flavorings for (Caramel Egg Nog). It's really good too! It seems like it will be even better once the vienna cream smooths out some more. There are so many things of yours that I want to try; I only have the FA for these two right now. Time to place an(other) order. I've got my eye on your xtra smooth tiramisu; I've got the tiramisu but not the two other creams.
I got to VU by way of your recipes that daath posted on his site, and I am so glad I did! Recipes like yours make it very easy to not go back to smoking. Thank you for all that you do for this community.
Btw, I wanted to ask you what your current favorite (if you have one) desserty-creamy type recipe is, or just some "must have" FAs?

Last edited:

Ginger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This one looks good, one question, if I want to raise up my taste, how do I do that? I like strong vapes.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Alright, I tried it this afternoon and it has "smoothed out" substantially. It is delicious! So much so that I immediately mixed up another one of your recipes that I had flavorings for (Caramel Egg Nog). It's really good too! ...

Btw, I wanted to ask you what your current favorite (if you have one) desserty-creamy type recipe is, or just some "must have" FAs?

That's great to hear, nicobeak!

I'm usually vaping a dessert, creamy, candy, or fancy coffee flavor, but my favorites change all the time. At the moment, I'm vaping this one; but I think I'll have something with Tiramisu next, now that you mentioned it.

Every time I try to narrow down my "must have" flavors, I get carried away, so here's a list I made a while back: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/what-are-your-must-have-fa-flavors.13810/#post-86235

I ended up messing around with the FA tiramisu that I had and did a variation on your xtra smooth tiramisu:

1.5% Tiramisu
2% Italian cream (hangsen)
3% Bavarian cream (TFA)

It's pretty good with just a shake, I really like the marscapone vibe that I get from the HS Italian cream. Excited to see how it is in a couple of days. Thank you for the inspiration!

Edit: Couple hours later - tastes like popcorn :(

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, this is definitely one of my favorite vapes. I mix it 55/45 VG/PG

Irish Lass HIC mod
*FA Vienna Cream 2.00%
*FA Vanilla Classic 2.00%
*FA Irish Cream 2.00%
*Cap Vanilla Custard V2 1.00%

Can you suggest an addition to give it more of a throat hit? I love the flavor but would really like a bigger bite without ruining it :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Can you suggest an addition to give it more of a throat hit? I love the flavor but would really like a bigger bite without ruining it :)

How about a little FA Whiskey to boost the Irish Cream? I find that's a rough flavor when it's fresh.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC I have Irish cream coming in my order I placed yesterday. How much of a coffee flavor does this have? (I'm not sure how you would quantify it). I've tried a couple of coffee vapes & did not care for them.

However I have been known to sip a bit of Bailey's, purely as a digestif of course. I mix with Kahlua too.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC I have Irish cream coming in my order I placed yesterday. How much of a coffee flavor does this have? (I'm not sure how you would quantify it). I've tried a couple of coffee vapes & did not care for them.

However I have been known to sip a bit of Bailey's, purely as a digestif of course. I mix with Kahlua too.

FA Irish Cream does NOT have any of the flavor of FA Espresso or Cappuccino. Even people who don't like coffee would tend to agree with that. If you enjoy sipping Bailey's and Kahlua, you will probably like vaping it. It is a fantastic flavor for recipes, too.

By the way, this is an extremely good match for Kahlua liqueur: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-kahlua.1850/ Of course you could make that about half strength and add FA Irish Cream for a Kahlua 'n' Baileys. Oh, that's gooood! With any/all of these, Fresh Cream will work just like it does with the real liqueurs...but I like Vienna Cream to get the cream plus extra sweetness.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Irish Cream does NOT have any of the flavor of FA Espresso or Cappuccino. Even people who don't like coffee would tend to agree with that. If you enjoy sipping Bailey's and Kahlua, you will probably like vaping it. It is a fantastic flavor for recipes, too.

By the way, this is an extremely good match for Kahlua liqueur: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-kahlua.1850/ Of course you could make that about half strength and add FA Irish Cream for a Kahlua 'n' Baileys. Oh, that's gooood! With any/all of these, Fresh Cream will work just like it does with the real liqueurs...but I like Vienna Cream to get the cream plus extra sweetness.

A lil vodka and you've got a mudslide! I'll check that link.

Checked it.

I'll probably try that kahlua soon. I've got the flavors on hand.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed this up all at 1%! Hello, HIC? So far out of all the junk I have mixed up to make a nice vanilla vape...???? This is the best creamy vanilla I've found and I'm vaping it fresh! It's not a super strong vanilla, but it's so sweet and creamy! Maybe I'll add some more classic vanilla to see if I get more vanilla, but I don't see why other than my curiosity because this is damn fine! Oh and I hate coffee! But I love Irish cream!

Perkidan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are right about chain vaping this HIC. I am on my second 15 ml in 2 days. lol

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm picking this up, and adding 2% Jamaican Rum, 1% Banana and ,5% Coconut.

Aiming for a Banana Colada Drink :p

stasek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mixed it up.... Shake and vape day 1 - good. 2 days later - better... Week later - great! The irish cream has taken a back seat, and I'm getting a hint of lemon/citrus on exhale.... Not sure where it's coming from, but I LIKE it :)

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK HIC, some of my FA flavors are in, about to mix up a batch!

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@HeadInClouds , let me ask you, when you make your juices, do you try them on a RDA or just try them in a tank. When I tried, right after creation, I dripped a few drops on my RDA. Did it taste amazing? No. But did I taste the flavors? Oh yeah. i am guess that after steeping for a couple of days, once I put some in a tank, BOOOMMMM Yummy Vaping. Has anyone else experienced this?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@VapingBiker , I keep my hardware simple - I don't drip.
Wouldn't it be great if someone wrote a translation guide for recipes just for dripping? I know people often drop their flavoring percents along with with nic strength, but there doesn't seem to be a solid rule-of-thumb for that.

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah, Nic has to be dropped for sure or you could get nic sick. So, I guess I will let this steep for 3 days and then try.

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, after a couple of days steeping, not bad. I can see this as an all day vape. Just need to bump the flavors up to 2%

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After steeping for a little over a week, this juice is off the chain. Let a friend try, and now I got another batch to make. She said it was the best Irish Cream she has ever had. WTG HIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

Hi HIC, I think you're the person that can help me. I've been on this earth since FDR was president, and over the past few years I've lost a good share of my sense of smell and consequently my sense of taste. That's pretty much the reason I'm into DIY, I can't taste most of the juices that are available commercially. I'm finding that sometime I'm adding too much flavor and the mixture becomes flavorless. I seem to get the most flavor out of the tobacco juices. Any suggestions for adapting some of your recipes to my taste? TIA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC, I think you're the person that can help me. I've been on this earth since FDR was president, and over the past few years I've lost a good share of my sense of smell and consequently my sense of taste. That's pretty much the reason I'm into DIY, I can't taste most of the juices that are available commercially. I'm finding that sometime I'm adding too much flavor and the mixture becomes flavorless. I seem to get the most flavor out of the tobacco juices. Any suggestions for adapting some of your recipes to my taste? TIA

Here is a quick and easy way to make any recipe at varying strengths (and varying batch size):
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/ You mix flavorings just once, then add it to your base until it's the strength you like. This also works well if you use different hardware setups that each need different overall flavor strength.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got some Irish Cream in on Friday and this was the first thing I used it in. Bumped the percentages to 1.5% each and went ahead and made 10ml because I wanted to see how it changed over a day or two.

I have to say 2 things.
1 - This recipe is awesome.
2 - This recipe is my current favorite HIC mix for high wattages. I was playing a show last night and was putting this mix in my Mutation Xv2 rda. It was sitting on my Ipv3. I am currently running 7 wrap spaced 24ga duals and had it set to 70W. It was good. So I turned it up to 80W. Still really good. By the end of the night I was at 100W and still loving it.

Irish Cream has quickly become one of my favorite flavorings.

I want to add caramel and butterscotch. Am I crazy? I mean, I know I'm crazy but am I crazy for wanting to do that? More creamy decadent yumminess!

Tansi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much, drooling all over myself now ^^

Sent from my crappy
iPhone using Tapatalk ^.~

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Irish Cream has quickly become one of my favorite flavorings.

I want to add caramel and butterscotch. Am I crazy? I mean, I know I'm crazy but am I crazy for wanting to do that? More creamy decadent yumminess!

Not crazy - caramel and butterscotch would go fine with it.

I think many people figure "Irish Cream" must be a boozy whiskey flavor, but I think of it more as a sweet one. One of FA's best, imo.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Irish Cream is a favorite of mine and this is such a great recipe. I doubled the flavoring to 2% and it's still a light, smooth vape for me (in 50/50 6mg premixed ECX). Just enough flavor to make me happy, but not enough to burn me out. So, so good.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made this today. It is fabulous. I have gotten so many great recipes from VU that I no longer have a ADV. If I did I would never sleep ot be dead from nic poisoning. This is an ADV.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Just added a little Ry4 Double to my tank of Irish Lass... Mmmmmm. I didn't think this juice could get any better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so on the 13th of last month (October), I mixed up a 15 ml batch & stashed it. After 24 days now I have to say I really like this one. It's a nice, smooth, subtle vape that I don't really get tired of right away like with some of the richer, more in your face flavors that I sometimes make.

I ended up at 3% of each flavor for a 9% total, but that's how it goes for me with these particular flavors. In fact, I may try each one at 4% next time, but that's nearing the max which I enjoy any of these three normally.
Keep in mind I'm mixing max VG.

Very nice little recipe!

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I just tanked up the last of that 15 ml batch I made a month ago. So nice, even a little better than a week ago when I first tried it at 3 weeks. I don't think I will end up increasing my percentages like I thought I may a week ago. I think 3% on each flavor just like I made it this time will work just fine. I tend to steep everything that is not a straight-up fruit flavor & this definitely (IMO) benefited from 3-4 weeks sitting, so next time I think I will go 60 ml.
Another HIC recipe added to my stable. In the near future I will be trying the Bailey's Coke.

VU Sponsors