Become a Patron!

HIC's LIMONCELLO TORRONE PARFAIT (lemon liqueur mousse)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC's Limoncello Torrone Parfait recipe: sweet, strong, lemon liqueur mousse

2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
1.5% FA Custard (FA Vienna Cream will do in a pinch, but adds vanilla flavor)
0.75% FA Meringue

The easy drops method (assumes around 33 drops per ml)
3 drops FA Lemon Sicily
2 drops FA Torrone
2 drops FA Custard (FA Vienna Cream will do in a pinch, but adds vanilla flavor)
1 drop Meringue
4 ml of your nic base.

Torrone parfait is a traditional Italian mousse with layers of nougat-meringue and sweet citrus-liqueur custard. It traditionally uses orange liqueur, but FA’s Lemon Sicily makes a perfect Limoncello liqueur version.

For traditional orange, use FA Orange or Mandarin instead of Lemon Sicily, and add 0.25% of FA Brandy.

Last edited:

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
0.75% FA Meringue

3 drops FA Lemon Sicily
2 drops FA Torrone
2 drops FA Custard (FA Vienna Cream will do in a pinch, but adds vanilla flavor)
1 drop Meringue
4 ml of your nic base.

Torrone parfait is a traditional Italian mousse with layers of nougat-meringue and sweet citrus-liqueur custard. It traditionally uses orange liqueur, but FA’s Lemon Sicily makes a perfect Limoncello liqueur version.

For traditional orange, use FA Orange or Mandarin instead of Lemon Sicily, and add 0.25% of FA Brandy.
Ok I don't diy juice...but all your recipes look so damn good!!! Right up my alley!

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't even know where to start!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Tell us what you vape

Tell us what your favorite vapes are, your preferred PG/VG ratio, and nic strength, and how much juice you typically use (per day, month, whatever). Then I can better tell how much you'd need.
I'll happily help you track down needed supplies at the best prices I know of. Sort of a hobby of mine.
You would need nic base, PG/VG, bottles, a syringe or dropper, and flavorings.
If you'd just like to dabble and try, we can figure that out, too. Let me know!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my absolute favorite HIC recipe. In fact, it's my favorite DIY recipe! I always have it in a Reo - other Reos get varying flavors, but this one is amazing! I make all mine at 50/50, but I know HIC uses max VG. VapersTek nic also makes a difference, although I make it with both VT and WL and they're both good.

cheetodog, DIY is just like cooking: take a recipe (particularly HICs where he uses drops from the Pure Vapes bottles), put your desired nic strength in ejuicemeup calculator - and voila - great juice!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This recipe looks so yummy it makes me mad that I have put a freeze on buying anymore flavors until I can clear out quite a few, or until I need refills of my most used ones. While getting refills I always like to get something new. I'll have to check back later for this one.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This recipe looks so yummy it makes me mad that I have put a freeze on buying anymore flavors until I can clear out quite a few, or until I need refills of my most used ones. While getting refills I always like to get something new. I'll have to check back later for this one.

But it's better to have as many different flavors as possible. Then you make more of a variety, and that's what keeps you vaping instead of smoking, right? You can rationalize it. I always do. :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
DIY is totally better, so much cheaper and way easier than one thinks. lots of us are more than willing to help and share ideas :)

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can rationalize it. I always do. :D

You got me thinking that my creamy flavors could be improved. I have to go flavor shopping, thanks. ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried this with strawberry instead of lemon yesterday - it's particularly strange (not in a good way)!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL you misunderstand - with the lemon it's my adv, in fact I have it in both a Reo AND a Kayfun. I make 30mls at a time, but that's not enough, so I'm going to start making 60mls!

I was just trying to change it up to see what else might be as good:p

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
LOL you misunderstand - with the lemon it's my adv, in fact I have it in both a Reo AND a Kayfun. I make 30mls at a time, but that's not enough, so I'm going to start making 60mls!
I was just trying to change it up to see what else might be as good:p

See last line of the recipe for the 'authentic Italian' version. There's an annual Torrone festival in Italy, and that's the popular flavor in their contests:
http://www.italianways.com/festa-del-torrone-in-cremona-from-sweets-to-violins/

I wonder if torrone vapes are available, made with Italian flavorings by FA, of course.

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC's Limoncello Torone Parfait recipe: sweet, strong, lemon liqueur mousse

2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
0.75% FA Meringue

3 drops FA Lemon Sicily
2 drops FA Torrone
1 drop Meringue
4 ml of your nic base.

Mmm....mandarin. reminds me of your mandarin walnut torrone...which is also good.

Istand

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
0.75% FA Meringue

3 drops FA Lemon Sicily
2 drops FA Torrone
1 drop Meringue
4 ml of your nic base.

HIC, I am using eliquidrecipes.com and I can change the drops per ML.
If I am using the same FA bottles as droppers, it will be the same?, 33 drops per ml? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If I am using the same FA bottles as droppers, it will be the same?, 33 drops per ml? Thx

I listed this recipe both ways; I don't understand your question.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give it a try! Should work out tasty for you, if they're the standard size dropper?

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the lemon & torrone in the latest flavor delivery. I mixed some up this evening and will vape tomorrow. :D

Watching Peter Pan. C Walken as Capt Hook is rather strange.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC this is real good! Your Limoncello torrone parfait and your lemon meringue pie are GRANDE vapes! Yesterday I made the mandarins torrone with brandy & oh my gosh! I am in heaven! Thank you so much for sharing!!! This is my FAVORITE yet! Keep warm...freezing here!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC this is real good! Your Limoncello torrone parfait and your lemon meringue pie are GRANDE vapes! Yesterday I made the mandarins torrone with brandy & oh my gosh! I am in heaven! Thank you so much for sharing!!! This is my FAVORITE yet! Keep warm...freezing here!

Ahhh, you have Italian taste buds, D! If you ever get the chance to try the real thing, leap at it - delicious dessert!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh, you have Italian taste buds, D! If you ever get the chance to try the real thing, leap at it - delicious dessert!
I guess I do! I'm loving liquor as well! Loving that ky bourbon and your brandy recipes! If I mix something up and I don't like it I just cover it up with ky bourbon and brandy!

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tried this. It's had a days steeping so far.
So far from my diy journey I have to say this is my favourite. I'll be mixing up a 30ml bottle soon.
I found my sweet spot for flavour on my setup to be 18w. I have a 3ml diameter, 24 awg kanthal coil rated at .7 ohms.
Well done again with this HiC, it's brilliant.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just tried this. It's had a days steeping so far.
So far from my diy journey I have to say this is my favourite. I'll be mixing up a 30ml bottle soon.
I found my sweet spot for flavour on my setup to be 18w. I have a 3ml diameter, 24 awg kanthal coil rated at .7 ohms.
Well done again with this HiC, it's brilliant.

This is still my partner's favorite all day vape (using cheap tanks and eGos), so it's one of the few I make by the bucketload. To me, 30-60ml is a bucketload. It tastes the same fresh as it does weeks later, so I don't have to mix it often.

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good to hear the flavours don't mellow any during steeping.
It's strange because the 1st flavour I get vaping this was lemon, then the nuttiness of the Torrone. I let my better half have a try, she loved it but didn't get the lemon flavour at all! Funny how everyone's taste buds can be so different.
Our taste buds are pretty much spot on again now to, we've been vaping since 2012.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HIC's Limoncello Torrone Parfait recipe:
I'm vaping this right now, well my crappie version of it. I was mistaken that TFA's Lemon would be good enough and adding 0.5%
of TFA Key Lime would help.Wrong.
Now I can taste why I need Lemon Sicily and maybe have to spring for the Custard too.
I did use the Vienna Cream since I have that along with the Torrone and Meringue.

In the mean time, maybe I can fix this with another flavor and push the lemon into the background. As is, it's not horribly bad, it's just not a real HIC tasty recipe.
I like the mousse part.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am happy to say I'm now vaping the HIC's FA recipe and it is nicer then my wing it version. Then I had to mess with it. I thought with my 40+ years of muted smoking tongue it could use a tad more Lemon Sicily. I bump it up to 3%
That added a tad more lemon taste at the loss of some of the creamy nougat-meringue. It may settle back after a couple days of steeping, but also made a note not to go over 2.75% and set the recipe card back to 2.25%.
I'll wait a couple of days and see if the lemon settles or if I have to tweak the creamy side back in. Messing it up a bit was a learning experience for me, so it was worth it.

Serenity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did it! I did it! I finally made one of HIC's recipes using all of the flavors as listed. I didn't have to find a substitute for anything. Ok, I'll be a grown up now. I made the traditional version with the Mandarin and Brandy option. I also made the lemon version, but haven't tried that one yet. I literally just mixed it up a few minutes ago, I shaked and vaped.

This is really good. I can definitely see why there is so much hype surrounding HICs recipes. To me, it tastes a lot like one of those Terry's chocolate oranges that you buy at the store (minus the chocolate). I usually buy them around Christmas. It pairs quite nicely with Blue Moon Honey Wheat Ale...just throwing that out there.

Edit: Oh can someone point me in the direction of a good nicotine that won't leave behind a peppery taste to my flavors?

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had this recipe on my "make soon" list for a while now and I finally got around to trying it. This is the first recipe I've made with FA Torrone and Wow!... I really like this! I plan to try the orange/mandarin version when I get some FA Brandy and I'm sure I'll like it just as much.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made this the other day. I really like it. One of my favorites, but I seem to say that EVERY time. My son, who is my DIY tester, thinks it tastes like cream cheese icing. I don't get that flavor but really likes it and wouldn't give my vapor back to me unless it needed more.

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mixed this up a few minutes ago, vaped it a bit. And made 10ml more right after (using 50/50 base, 6mg nic).

This is amazing, not a sickening creamy juice but a fresh juice with a hint of a creamy undertone. HiC, you know your aromas for sure! :)
Can't wait to try it with mandarin and rum*. :D

Edit: If you arent a nougat fan, don't hesistate to try this one. I'm not much of a nougat fan, but this one

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed this up a few minutes ago, vaped it a bit. And made 10ml more right after (using 50/50 base, 6mg nic).

This is amazing, not a sickening creamy juice but a fresh juice with a hint of a creamy undertone. HiC, you know your aromas for sure! :)
Can't wait to try it with mandarin and rum*. :D

Edit: If you arent a nougat fan, don't hesistate to try this one. I'm not much of a nougat fan, but this one
If your anything like me, you will really, Really like it with Mandarin.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I'll second that! I do not like real torrone at all, but it's a fantastic flavor in vapes. Same with marzipan.

JimScotty0

Member For 4 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
0.75% FA Meringue

3 drops FA Lemon Sicily
2 drops FA Torrone
1 drop Meringue
4 ml of your nic base.

@HeadInClouds I would like to try this recipe with some slight variations and would like any feedback before I mix it. I am thinking the following:

1% FA Lemon Sicily from 2.25%
.75% FA Mandarin addition
1% FA Orange
1% FA Walnut

I am looking to try the Orange variation but with a little nut flavor added.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I would like to try this recipe with some slight variations and would like any feedback before I mix it. I am thinking the following:

1% FA Lemon Sicily from 2.25%
.75% FA Mandarin addition
1% FA Orange
1% FA Walnut

I am looking to try the Orange variation but with a little nut flavor added.

Torrone IS nutty - it's almond nougat. Walnut isn't sweet like torrone.
Plus 1.5% or so Custard? As you posted it, I think it would taste like slightly nutty orange juice, if that's what you're after.

JimScotty0

Member For 4 Years
Torrone IS nutty - it's almond nougat. Walnut isn't sweet like torrone.
Plus 1.5% or so Custard? As you posted it, I think it would taste like slightly nutty orange juice, if that's what you're after.
If the Torone has a nutty taste anyway I can drop the Walnut as that is what I am after. I don't want Orange juice flavor but just a hint of orange instead of a stronger lemony taste.

Maybe then cut down on the Orange to .75% and leave the Mandarin to .50%? Will that give me what I am after? I don't have the Brandy.

This would then be the mix:
1.00% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
1.5% FA Custard
0.75% FA Meringue
.075% FA Orange (or just leave this out)?
.050% FA Mandarin

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm addicted! My first deep inhale of this made my eyes pop in surprise and brought a huge smile to my face. This is an amazing recipe, sweet yet a hint of tart. Fresh, uplifting lemon smoothed into creaminess with a luscious rich yet subtle nougat exhale. I'm addicted, thank you HIC!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm addicted! My first deep inhale of this made my eyes pop in surprise and brought a huge smile to my face. This is an amazing recipe, sweet yet a hint of tart. Fresh, uplifting lemon smoothed into creaminess with a luscious rich yet subtle nougat exhale. I'm addicted, thank you HIC!

You're very welcome! I think this one's a good example of FlavourArt's Italian flair. I don't like real torrone, but what a great vape it makes.

VU Sponsors