Become a Patron!

HIC's LIMONCELLO TORRONE PARFAIT (lemon liqueur mousse)

JimScotty0

Member For 4 Years
You're very welcome! I think this one's a good example of FlavourArt's Italian flair. I don't like real torrone, but what a great vape it makes.
Growing up in a Sicilian family, I can remember many a feast with torrone being there and still remember the distinct flavors. I can't wait to mix this one up myself as I haven't had real torrone since a child.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For all those of us who are FlavourArt users and fans, Phil Busardo just posted his 1st of 2 videos of his tour last week of the FlavourArt facility in Italy. I haven't seen it yet but I am sure it will interesting to watch. He is expected to post the 2nd one tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=x01Sn7kUMdw
It was an awesome video. So neat to be able to get the insiders view of their facilities and production. Their passion really shines through. I didn't realize they were started and geared towards the eliquid trade, I assumed they were a food flavoring company that also branched into selling to the ecig market. I love that about them!

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Growing up in a Sicilian family, I can remember many a feast with torrone being there and still remember the distinct flavors. I can't wait to mix this one up myself as I haven't had real torrone since a child.
Ohhhh, don't wait. This is my first experience with torrone, never had the real thing either. I will try it now at the first opportunity. However, as HIC said though, he doesn't like the real thing, so I might not either. But still going to try it!

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
HIC........Love your sense of humor.........As luck would have it.....I have Mandarin......but not the Brandy for that mix....HOWEVER....I am gonna make both anyway, even if I skip the brandy...........Since NO steep is needed, will its' taste change over time?........I am mixing 75/25 pg/vg.....any effect or differences in taste with that ratio?.........Someone here also mentioned Walnut, Mandarin, Torrone.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC........Love your sense of humor.........As luck would have it.....I have Mandarin......but not the Brandy for that mix....HOWEVER....I am gonna make both anyway, even if I skip the brandy...........Since NO steep is needed, will its' taste change over time?........I am mixing 75/25 pg/vg.....any effect or differences in taste with that ratio?.........Someone here also mentioned Walnut, Mandarin, Torrone.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........:)

I made this for my partner's constant supply for nearly 2 years (the lemon version) - never could really tell fresh versus aged. Time really won't change it much EXCEPT if you use Brandy. Brandy is really boozy at first and mellows within days. With your high PG, citrus flavors will taste sharper, Brandy more potent, and Torrone less sweet (versus max-VG) - it'll be fine. ;)

Walnut, Mandarin, Torrone - this one? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mandarin-nut-torrone-orange-nut-nougat-candy.1825/ that's a good one for experimenting with the nut flavors.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
I made this for my partner's constant supply for nearly 2 years (the lemon version) - never could really tell fresh versus aged. Time really won't change it much EXCEPT if you use Brandy. Brandy is really boozy at first and mellows within days. With your high PG, citrus flavors will taste sharper, Brandy more potent, and Torrone less sweet (versus max-VG) - it'll be fine. ;)

Walnut, Mandarin, Torrone - this one? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mandarin-nut-torrone-orange-nut-nougat-candy.1825/ that's a good one for experimenting with the nut flavors.
Interesting that you mentioned that the higher PG value increases sharpness......I had a Fruit of the forest that was very sharp.....and a TFA Strawberry Ripe that was sharp....and I screwed it up.....So...I dropped a bit of TFA French Vanilla into the Strawberry........Wow how it smoothed it out......but it really took away some of the Strawberry flavor away.......and that was with 1/4 ml French Vanilla into a 30 ml bottle.......I will finish the bottle but looking for ways to improve my workmanship..........(got several FA flavors).....Perhaps a few drops of a FA vanilla, without going too much would ameliorate the high pg........or would dropping to a different PG/VG ratio be the secret......I am using a Tesla Sidewinder2S variable voltage with Aspire and Kanger tanks......with the bottom of tank atomizer.........Being a recovering Pot head and bong enthusiast, I seek not to do the High Voltage/Low Ohm bong type hit...and really enjoy the draw I am getting from my current set up.........50/50 ......60/40....?........Seeking throat hit and flavor.......You appear to have the pulse.........What do you think........?

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
... really enjoy the draw I am getting from my current set up.........50/50 ......60/40....?........Seeking throat hit and flavor.......You appear to have the pulse.........What do you think........?

If I admit I'm not sure what "have the pulse" means, does it mean I don't have the pulse? lol

I'm a flavor fiend for sure, but I don't enjoy throat hit (more like "nose sting" to me) at all. If you're looking for throat hit, do everything the opposite way I do. I use the cleanest nic I can buy (VapersTek) in VG. I vape max-VG, often at half the flavoring strength I list in recipes. Oh - I DO like boozy flavors (FA has some great one) for the "edge" they have fresh, but that's not what most people mean by "throat hit".

I'd recommend you find a recipe you really enjoy, then make small batches of it, identical in every way except PG/VG ratio. See which you enjoy most. While you're at it, try some with no nicotine to see how that affects your flavor (can be really surprising).

You mentioned adding French Vanilla to smooth out Strawberry, and finding it faded the berry. Many people find strawberry flavors are easily covered, or it's never strong enough for their tastes. Adding a tiny bit of raspberry can help it taste stronger. So can a tiny bit of other strong berry flavors. A little lemon can sharpen it. Vanilla accents it well. (FA Custard is lemony-vanilla, creamy-sweet, so it works really well with lots of fruits.) Coconut and/or dragonfruit type flavors add a contrast that makes strawberry more apparent. If you get frustrated with strawberry, switch to a different fruit flavor for a while.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like throat hit, using Vaperstek with TH (which is actually mild compared to others but SOOO clean tasting), and between 80p/20v and 70p/30v. This recipe was great for me. Don't know if that helps you at all, but thought I'd share from a throat hit stand point.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
Yes.....I am using Vaperstek nic as well........between 16-18 mg/ml blend.......Essential Depot PG/VG.......My first attempts measurements were in drops, which I am certain are not accurate.....since, have gotten some graduated cylinders.........so I am refining my approach........HIC.....since you recommend I do everything opposite what you do.....I can't imagine buying "dirty" nicotine.........:).........I guess I have to develop a little patience and follow both you guys directives and experiment more, rather than hoping that a 30ml bottle will work out the first time.......I am curious also about steeping......HIC you recommend a lot of Shake and Vape.........How does this compare to all the Steeping information I have come across in my research?..........and will steeping improve things?...........Someone on another thread mentioned that FA Lemon Sicily has "flavor fade"........what does he mean by this?.....will the flavor disintegrate over time and must steeping that flavor be avoided? or is that a mistaken representation of the Lemon Sicily?.........I do have a plethora of FA flavors about 30........and a dozen TFA......so time permitting this weekend, I am looking forward to getting into my Alchemy Lab........Got about 8 tanks and look to create several flavors to interchange during time to keep things fresh........Its' weird, I smoked cigs for 30 years and xxxxxx for a solid 25..........here I am getting into this vaping world.....what a culture it is......I am blown away.......Off the reef for 15 years, and cigs about 2 months......even with the nasty vape batches I have concocted....have not had a craving for a cig......Got about $400.00 invested in Flavors, equipment and such.......So I do look forward to some good things to happen......Thank you both for the generous time you are affording me......:)...........Pulse is good........whether you know what it means or not...........:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I am curious also about steeping......HIC you recommend a lot of Shake and Vape.........How does this compare to all the Steeping information I have come across in my research?..........and will steeping improve things?

You seem like someone willing to experiment, so my best advice is to ignore all advice about steeping, mine included. When you make a recipe, takes notes on how you like it, attach them to the bottle, and set it aside to steep. Then try it steeped so you can decide how you'll make it in the future.

You'll never get all DIYers to agree on whether steeping is "best" or not. And then there are the possible methods of steeping (all roads lead to Rome?)
And - you may like one recipe only after it ages, another right away, and it won't matter at all with a third one. You can either trust that the recipe writer has the same tastes as you do (just not always going to be true), or experiment to get the ideal results for your tastes.

When I say "shake and vape" on a recipe, I mean it tastes the way I intend it to without steeping rituals. I often expand on that with a "but as it ages...." note, especially if it changes much over time. When I say "let it sit a while", it's one that I feel improves notably over time.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
OK.......So I made several 10 ml samples of FA Forest Fruit Standalone at 3%......as Follows PG/VG ratios 70/30.....65/35......60/40.....55/45..........50/50......2 bottles each at 18mg/ml Nic........1 I will steep for about a week, and the other I will start vaping in a couple of days......gotta clean out some tanks that have "bad news" mixes I made earlier......For me, I find that 80/20 is a bit sharp and there is no bouquet to the flavor or mouth feel, so to speak, so I started with these ratios, figuring that they should start to show signs of the flavor "opening up"......but then again, I am very new to the art of this........and it's a hell of a lot of fun........and again, for me, quite a departure from the cigs, ashtrays and butts.........Thank you for all you guys' input.....:)

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HIC's Limoncello Torrone Parfait recipe
I revisited this recipe again today only to find I could make both versions using FA Mandarin for the orange version. I really like the lemon version. I am going to give the Mandarin version more time before I tweak it, maybe with a tad of Lemon Sicily. Thanks again HIC.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
Out of respect for HIC thread: HICs LimoncelloTorrone Parfait, I will not hijack it with my Forest Fruit experiments, and will start a separate thread for that Flavor ( in DIY E Liquid Recipes and DIY E Liquid General Discussion.....not certain where to post ) ......However, wish to continue participation on this one, as the Limoncello will be a recipe I look forward to mixing this weekend......I hope for your participation, as I have proceeded with my first vapes..................:)

Last edited:
Gotta say, I'm in love with this stuff. The lemon is vibrant, but doesn't have a sharp throat sting, even in a mouth to lung device. The torrone is great. It's this soft sweet almond that infuses the whole vape. And the massive hit of custard and sweet meringue that sucker punches the taste buds as you switch from inhale to exhale...this is one amazing vape. I killed the 10ml sample I put together in about 5 days in a 17 watt mtl device. It's a new record for me.

Amazing stuff, man. Can't wait to get my mitts on the brandy and orange and try it the other way.

VU Sponsors