Become a Patron!

HIC's MENDIS ($1 million per bottle coconut brandy)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

In 2007 Mendis was launched as the world's first clear coconut brandy. The first bottle sold for $1 million. The second was given away in a publicity contest. Apparently it's now deeply discounted - only $100,000 a bottle. Obviously I'll never taste the real brandy, but we can all vape something similar. (Of course, if you want to donate a bottle to me, I'll make sure this recipe is a perfect match for the real thing, lol!)

Mendis is distilled from the essence of coconut flowers (or coconut milk, depending on who you ask). It's aged in wood barrels 2 years or more. It is claimed they use Hamilla wood casks, but I found they import oak barrels. It's described as very smooth brandy, a bit sweet, and coconutty. This matches that description and makes a very nice change-of-pace vape.

HIC's Mendis Coconut Brandy
3% FA Brandy
1.5% FA Coconut
0.5% FA Oakwood

I recommend letting it sit overnight - it does smooth as it ages, perhaps like the real brandy.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Dang now I need oakwood. Time to make another list.

You'd get the basic idea without the Oakwood, but it add smoothness and a woody hint I imagine Mendis must have. Oakwood is great with Coconut - you taste them together when you exhale, and the combo is better than either flavor alone.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh that sounds good HIC , the way you make it sound lol. will try this for sure

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn. I think I give up. I just need to order 1 of everything to save my sanity. I've started an fa order 5 times but then something else pops up to add, then the cart times out, then I do it again. Oh and a pallet of bottles too, might as well just go for broke...or go broke whatever.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Damn. I think I give up. I just need to order 1 of everything to save my sanity. I've started an fa order 5 times but then something else pops up to add, then the cart times out, then I do it again. Oh and a pallet of bottles too, might as well just go for broke...or go broke whatever.
it always comes down to this

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trying it or sure! I love oakwood, I have been adding tiny amounts (.25-.5) to green teas and fruits. Still sort of experimenting with coaxing out the woody/green notes in TFA green tea, I know it is in there. I just have not found the combo yet to open it up.

That bandy recipe sound great by itself, and seems like a good base for a lot of flavors, like peach and pear, or some tobaccos. Damn, I can't leave flavors alone...I need to learn less is more sometimes lol :confused:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Trying it or sure! I love oakwood, I have been adding tiny amounts (.25-.5) to green teas and fruits. Still sort of experimenting with coaxing out the woody/green notes in TFA green tea, I know it is in there. I just have not found the combo yet to open it up.

That bandy recipe sound great by itself, and seems like a good base for a lot of flavors, like peach and pear, or some tobaccos. Damn, I can't leave flavors alone...I need to learn less is more sometimes lol :confused:

...or peach-tobacco with Mendis. That sounds good! Like something you'd vape on the yacht at sunset, lol.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...or peach-tobacco with Mendis. That sounds good! Like something you'd vape on the yacht at sunset, lol.
Yep! Aloha! Now if I could only get the yacht, oh and the hawaiian sunset..lol

GlycerinHack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In 2007 Mendis was launched as the world's first clear coconut brandy. The first bottle sold for $1 million. The second was given away in a publicity contest. Apparently it's now deeply discounted - only $100,000 a bottle. Obviously I'll never taste the real brandy, but we can all vape something similar. (Of course, if you want to donate a bottle to me, I'll make sure this recipe is a perfect match for the real thing, lol!)

Mendis is distilled from the essence of coconut flowers (or coconut milk, depending on who you ask). It's aged in wood barrels 2 years or more. It is claimed they use Hamilla wood casks, but I found they import oak barrels. It's described as very smooth brandy, a bit sweet, and coconutty. This matches that description and makes a very nice change-of-pace vape.

HIC's Mendis Coconut Brandy
3% FA Brandy
1.5% FA Coconut
0.5% FA Oakwood

I recommend letting it sit overnight - it does smooth as it ages, perhaps like the real brandy.

Thanks for recipe I used Tfa brandy and red oak had fa coconut used same %ages .Pretty g damn Good like this. Have fa brandy and fa oak wood coming. Thanks again for recipe :)

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made this up on friday night, and gave it a taste last night. Deeelicious

Then I tried on one side/coil/wick of my dripper whit this ... and the other side/coil/wick I put you Apricot Brandy Brulé version. NOW THIS WAS REALLY OFF THE HOOK ! THe mix of both .... WOW !

DOn't know if it would takse the same making 1 recipe with anll the ingrdients found in both. or I should keep wicking them as seperate juices..

ADV_search

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i drank the the 3rd bottle playing quarter bounce.........:rolleyes: i need some oakwood and i will relive the game of quarters and let you know.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made this up on friday night, and gave it a taste last night. Deeelicious

Then I tried on one side/coil/wick of my dripper whit this ... and the other side/coil/wick I put you Apricot Brandy Brulé version. NOW THIS WAS REALLY OFF THE HOOK ! THe mix of both .... WOW !

DOn't know if it would takse the same making 1 recipe with anll the ingrdients found in both. or I should keep wicking them as seperate juices..

I'd mix them together to keep it easy. Apricot and Coconut are excellent together (I use them both in Rum a lot).

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i drank the the 3rd bottle playing quarter bounce.........:rolleyes: i need some oakwood and i will relive the game of quarters and let you know.
ROFL !

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay HIC, I know you said we could vape so many recipes per year, was it 175? My problem, well one of many, is that I mix up a good one and keep making it because it is soooo good. So far, hold on I'm counting.... 48-51 of your recipes in say, oh, about the last 7-8 months. This is the best I can do as so many need to be vaped repeatedly and frequently for my maximum pleasure.

This one here...another multiple & must frequently vape for my maximum pleasure recipe! A Thank You! THANK YOU!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Okay HIC, I know you said we could vape so many recipes per year, was it 175? ... So far, hold on I'm counting.... 48-51 of your recipes in say, oh, about the last 7-8 months. This is the best I can do as so many need to be vaped repeatedly and frequently for my maximum pleasure.

Now you just need to keep 3 setups going with different flavors at all times, and you'll make it to 175 in a year easily. Nobody will be able to find you through the billows of vapor, but that's okay. hahaha

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I should have been keeping count. I usually keep 2 tanks and 3-5 drippers running a total of 3-7 recipes. It's crazy town over here.

I'm going to make this one tonight. I had seen it awhile back and didn't have brandy or oak. Now I do! I don't think I've ever used that much FA Coconut. I'm excited.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm making this one today but it will be a struggle to wait to try it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm making this one today but it will be a struggle to wait to try it.

You really ought to try it right after mixing it. Brandy is really strong at first, but it mellows very quickly. If you like it with a strong kick, vape it the same day - otherwise, you won't have to wait long at all for it to taste smooooth.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two batches - one for now and one for later....lol! I have to do that with Amanda's tribeca, keep one in the desk drawer while vaping another.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah. I don't have any Oakwood. I do have some Red Oak from TFA, but it probably isn't close enough.
I don't know red oak but at least with oakwood $3 worth will last a long time. It's pretty strong.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It is on my list to get.
The Red Oak has lasted me a long time too, from lack of use. Another flavor I bought before I was skilled enough to use it correctly.
Haha I think that goes for about 90 of the flavors I have! I think I have less than 100 total. :oops:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mmmmm, this is yummy! If I close my eyes, I'm sitting by the fire in my silk jammies in a cabin up in the mountains and there's snow outside and.....oh.....back to reality.....:D

southern_heat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey HIC, is there a way to make this recipe a bit sweeter? Upon steeping for a week the flavor seems muted.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC, is there a way to make this recipe a bit sweeter? Upon steeping for a week the flavor seems muted.

I don't know what sweet stuff a bartender might mix with a coconut brandy. Any bartenders in the house?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a bartender, nor a drinker, but that is weird as I find both brandy and coconut sweet. However I vaped this all up in 2 days, no idea what a steep does to it. Sry, no help. My only thoughts would be to try some e.m. or sweetener perhaps, but not sure how anything would unmute a recipe. Did you taste it fresh mixed? Asking out of curiosity to note if this changed during a week.

southern_heat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know what sweet stuff a bartender might mix with a coconut brandy. Any bartenders in the house?

It could be my taste buds are burnt out.(im still smoking the stinky's only 4 a day compared to a pack a day). lol. I will up the flavors times 2. Would it be 6x3x1?

southern_heat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:(
Not a bartender, nor a drinker, but that is weird as I find both brandy and coconut sweet. However I vaped this all up in 2 days, no idea what a steep does to it. Sry, no help. My only thoughts would be to try some e.m. or sweetener perhaps, but not sure how anything would unmute a recipe. Did you taste it fresh mixed? Asking out of curiosity to note if this changed during a week.

Yes I did and it was awesome as shake & vape. 3 days later, that sweet smooth vape wasn't there anymore

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yes I did and it was awesome as shake & vape.

You're in the minority there, and so am I! I like Brandy best while it's boozy and strong. Most find it obnoxious when it's fresh and prefer it mellowed a day or two. It's a pretty simple recipe. If I wanted to vape it for days on end, I'd just mix a new batch every few days.

southern_heat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Indeed @HIC!!! This mix was so awesome fresh. I loved it! I'll take your advice and keep vaping fresh instead of trying to make it last for weeks. Thanks for this simple mix. Hope to see more from you soon. Switching to FA flavors has been a joy compared to the other flavor company I was using.

VU Sponsors