Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Earlier today I sent an email to all who bought HIC's Dulce de Leche Churros through my store.
In that email is a link to get this reformulated recipe free.

If you bought that recipe but opted out of updates or used a temporary email address, you won't get my email. In that case (check your spam folder and then) PM me here or email me at the store & I'll get you straightened out!

HIC's Churros
p Churros.jpg
"Two recipes are included. Cinnamon Churros are popular Mexican treats - fluffy, fried sweet dough sprinkled in cinnamon sugar - similar to cinnamon donuts. Dulce de Leche Churros dips them in a rich caramel sauce. Note: these recipes replace one previously listed as "Dulce de Leche Churros"; these two recipes are complete reformulations to take advantage of FlavourArt's new Zeppola flavoring. These recipes use only diketone-free FlavourArt flavorings, including Zeppola."

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds do you have a predominantly coconut recipe?

I looked on your site but didn't see anything. I'd like to make something with FA coconut with possibly some cream or vanilla. The last couple tries have been epic failures. Seems like the coconut flavor gets lost in my attempts.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds do you have a predominantly coconut recipe?

I looked on your site but didn't see anything. I'd like to make something with FA coconut with possibly some cream or vanilla. The last couple tries have been epic failures. Seems like the coconut flavor gets lost in my attempts.

Gooey Coconut Cookies (under Candy & Cookies) and Bora-Bora Collection (under Tobacco) are both strongly coconut. It's one of my favorite FA flavors, so it's a supporting or accent flavor in lots of others. Oh - and COVA Custard (under Creamy)! Look up a recipe for 1970-something "impossible coconut pie" - that's what it tastes like.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gooey Coconut Cookies (under Candy & Cookies) and Bora-Bora Collection (under Tobacco) are both strongly coconut. It's one of my favorite FA flavors, so it's a supporting or accent flavor in lots of others. Oh - and COVA Custard (under Creamy)! Look up a recipe for 1970-something "impossible coconut pie" - that's what it tastes like.
Got it, thanks again....HIC....!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeap the Dulce de Leche Churros with the addiction of Zeppola is delicious!!!! Much closer to actual Churros. If you have it I would highly suggest you trying with Flavorah Rich Cinnamon (at a much lower percentage, maybe 1/3 of the original).
Cool I get to try mine today! I don't have the Flavorah Rich Cinnamon though.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeap the Dulce de Leche Churros with the addiction of Zeppola is delicious!!!! Much closer to actual Churros. If you have it I would highly suggest you trying with Flavorah Rich Cinnamon (at a much lower percentage, maybe 1/3 of the original).

Is the Flavorah spicier than FA? I ask because I also made this recipe at the original % and I got very little cinnamon. I then added more to double it up and still get little. It could be because my ADV for the last 5 days has been a Cinnabun I made using CAP CDS, so maybe I've developed a tolerance towards cinnamon.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is the Flavorah spicier than FA? I ask because I also made this recipe at the original % and I got very little cinnamon. I then added more to double it up and still get little. It could be because my ADV for the last 5 days has been a Cinnabun I made using CAP CDS, so maybe I've developed a tolerance towards cinnamon.

It definitely is way more potent, sweeter and very well suited for bakery mixes.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Earlier today I sent an email to all who bought HIC's Dulce de Leche Churros through my store.
In that email is a link to get this reformulated recipe free.

If you bought that recipe but opted out of updates or used a temporary email address, you won't get my email. In that case (check your spam folder and then) PM me here or email me at the store & I'll get you straightened out!

HIC's Churros
View attachment 77068
"Two recipes are included. Cinnamon Churros are popular Mexican treats - fluffy, fried sweet dough sprinkled in cinnamon sugar - similar to cinnamon donuts. Dulce de Leche Churros dips them in a rich caramel sauce. Note: these recipes replace one previously listed as "Dulce de Leche Churros"; these two recipes are complete reformulations to take advantage of FlavourArt's new Zeppola flavoring. These recipes use only diketone-free FlavourArt flavorings, including Zeppola."
Nicely done HIC!! I mixed up a bottle of your Cinnamon Churros! And I even waited 2 entire long days! I was amazed due to the fact of trying Zeppola standalone and not truly caring much for it. I haven't tried all of your recipes, but many and this along with your lemon pudding cake are my favorites. Thank You so much!!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicely done HIC!! I mixed up a bottle of your Cinnamon Churros! And I even waited 2 entire long days! I was amazed due to the fact of trying Zeppola standalone and not truly caring much for it. I haven't tried all of your recipes, but many and this along with your lemon pudding cake are my favorites. Thank You so much!!

The Lemon Pudding Cake is also my favorite. I can vape that all day.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't get much cinnamon taste, even after doubling it. I need to crank it to 11.

One of my first successful DIYs was TFA Cinnamon Red Hot as a single flavor. I'd use a lip-blistering 12-15%, loved it like that. I can't vape it that strong without hacking up a lung now, but I still use it. A couple years ago I wrote about using it along with FA Cinn Ceylon. Maybe I should expand this old article to include Flavorah. For ease of use, making a bottle of flavoring diluted to a similar strength as your other flavorings is a good idea, like the 10% dilution I keep handy for FA Honey. Anyway...this was my cinnamon article 2 years ago:

Attachments

• Mamaj Mag - Cinn.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 18

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get much cinnamon taste, even after doubling it. I need to crank it to 11.
From FA Cinnamon Ceylon? Are you shaking the flavor bottle real good before you add the flavor? There have been times I've forgotten and need to shake it and add more. I can't recall the amount in the Dulce de Leche, but I tasted it well in the Cinnamon Churro recipe. People say Flavorah rich cinnamon is more potent, which I agree, but I use more than most. Some say a drop in 30 ml of Flavorah rich Cinnamon is plenty. I can easily use 2 drops in 9 or 12 ml. In a recipe.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a million for that. I'll add TFA Cinnamon Red Hot to my shopping list.

The Master Tip pleased me. I've been working on a Cinnabun recipe for some time and last week I added .5 Joy and .5 Almond, bringing the total up to 13.75%. That brought it all together and I'm so very happy with it. I've been vaping it all day for 5 days now, something I've never done before. My initial reaction to Joy was very negative, but now that I understand what it does it's fantastic.

Over the past 4 months of DIY, I feel like I"m making progress. I have a better understanding of what I really do and don't like. I'm still making a shitload of recipes out of curiosity, but I find myself coming back to the same profiles over and over.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From FA Cinnamon Ceylon? Are you shaking the flavor bottle real good before you add the flavor? There have been times I've forgotten and need to shake it and add more. I can't recall the amount in the Dulce de Leche, but I tasted it well in the Cinnamon Churro recipe. People say Flavorah rich cinnamon is more potent, which I agree, but I use more than most. Some say a drop in 30 ml of Flavorah rich Cinnamon is plenty. I can easily use 2 drops in 9 or 12 ml. In a recipe.

Yep, I shake the hell out of everything. In the Churro recipe I get mainly sweet with very little spice. I like the bite of cinnamon.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my first successful DIYs was TFA Cinnamon Red Hot as a single flavor. I'd use a lip-blistering 12-15%, loved it like that. I can't vape it that strong without hacking up a lung now, but I still use it. A couple years ago I wrote about using it along with FA Cinn Ceylon. Maybe I should expand this old article to include Flavorah. For ease of use, making a bottle of flavoring diluted to a similar strength as your other flavorings is a good idea, like the 10% dilution I keep handy for FA Honey. Anyway...this was my cinnamon article 2 years ago:
Oh, TY HIC!! That is nice to know about Joy!!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I shake the hell out of everything. In the Churro recipe I get mainly sweet with very little spice. I like the bite of cinnamon.
Then you are going to seriously love the red hots. When I first started vaping over analogue cigarettes I think I vaped at least 7-10% TFA red hots sometimes adding something sweet with it. You will definitely get your bite with it!!

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC do you have any experience with FA's floral flavours? I've recently tried TFA Honeysuckle, which everyone is talking about and it's as good as they say it is!
I'm keen to try FA's floral flavours as well as CAP hibiscus, which is apparently really good. Floral flavours seem to be good on their own with a little cream or as an accent to fruit mixes. Definitely good ADVs since they're light and aromatic.
They should pair really well with FA's upcoming releases (2 oranges and a lime), which apparently are also a big hit like Zeppola :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC do you have any experience with FA's floral flavours? I've recently tried TFA Honeysuckle, which everyone is talking about and it's as good as they say it is!
I'm keen to try FA's floral flavours as well as CAP hibiscus, which is apparently really good. Floral flavours seem to be good on their own with a little cream or as an accent to fruit mixes. Definitely good ADVs since they're light and aromatic.
They should pair really well with FA's upcoming releases (2 oranges and a lime), which apparently are also a big hit like Zeppola :D

I like FA Jasmine, usually with Black Tea. It's in one of my store recipes (Valencia Cooler).

Now and then I can vape FA Lavender with tea and lemon, but only because I tried a real tea I liked that included lavender. Before that, I pretty much gagged vaping it. lol

FA Rose is sweet, with a little citrus bit to it, and I've found a very occasional use for that.

FA Violet is one I actually like a lot, just because I like those violet-flavored candies.

It took me a long time to work up to floral flavors. FA did great renditions of them all; I'm just not a huge fan of strongly floral vapes.

I don't know if you'd include Bergamot as a floral, but that's one I definitely enjoy & use often. Of course it's the right one for Earl Grey tea, but I like it with other citrus flavors for an aromatic citrus with a little bitter bite.

Oh - FA Ylang-ylang... erggghh - I can't vape incense flavors. That one's in my reject bin.

(P.S. I thought those upcoming releases were supposed to be secret.;))

P.P.S. TFA Honeysuckle & TFA Hibiscus both turn my stomach. Hats off to you for finding a way to enjoy those.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
3 new FA flavors are coming soon.

You can put your name on Bull City's "notify" list to get an email when they're in.
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/blood-orange-red-fa/
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/florida-key-lime-fa/
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/royal-orange-premium-fa/

I also see this vendor waiting to get theirs in:
https://www.paragonflavours.com/collections/flavour-art
(Anyone have any experience with this one in British Columbia?)

FA Italy doesn't list them yet at all, so that's different than usual!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can put your name on Bull City's "notify" list to get an email when they're in.

Those sound awesome! I've CRAVED orange juices lately, just polished off 60ml of orange cardamom bundt in less than a week....lol!
I also heard a rumor that they're releasing a yellow cake?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks again, @HeadInClouds .....:wave:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds recipes to follow? What would I do with them without you?

Orange (in general, not necessarily FA Orange specifically) is one of my favorite flavors to vape across all the basic categories (bakery, candy, fruity/juicy blends, boozy...) That's why my avatar is orange! They already have Orange, Mandarin, Bergamot -- but with 2 more, I figure FA will have the market cornered on orange-y flavorings. :) (Of course I'll make more orange-y recipes!)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Orange (in general, not necessarily FA Orange specifically) is one of my favorite flavors to vape across all the basic categories (bakery, candy, fruity/juicy blends, boozy...) That's why my avatar is orange! They already have Orange, Mandarin, Bergamot -- but with 2 more, I figure FA will have the market cornered on orange-y flavorings. :) (Of course I'll make more orange-y recipes!)
:bliss:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
May I ask, which orange you do prefer?

It depends on what I'm making, but I often combine FA Orange/Mandarin and/or Bergamot to get the kind of orange I'm after. Little bits of other fruit flavors can contribute, too - like Lemon Sicily when Mandarin is involved, or a little FA Peach to sweeten a very orange-y recipe, or TFA Sweet and Tart for the impression of kiddy-candy. I don't vape just 1 plain orange flavor, if that's what you mean.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hic - I remember the orange tic tac recipe.. awesome! and FA's Bergamot for the Amaretto .. amazingly good stuff! And all the others!

You do do orange like voodoo! :vino:

Thanks for the heads up re the new flavors .. will be keeping an eye out for them!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic - I remember the orange tic tac recipe.. awesome! and FA's Bergamot for the Amaretto .. amazingly good stuff! And all the others!

You do do orange like voodoo! :vino:

Thanks for the heads up re the new flavors .. will be keeping an eye out for them!

FA's orange flavors combine so well. I think you mean Bergamot for Grand Marnier: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-grand-marnier-mousse.10296/. Ohh, I think I'll make a batch of that; I like to vape it with my morning coffee.
:coffee2:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do any of you who like real pineapple find pineapple vapes revolting? If you do, have you ever used Inawera Cherimoya?

I successfully used it as a sub for pineapple (it tastes mostly like sweet pineapple) for someone who says FA and TFA Pineapple taste like <censored, lol>. I made this recipe http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pom-pom.101581/ with Cherimoya in place of FA Pineapple and got thumbs-up. I'm wondering if others who can't stand vaping pineapple will have the same reaction. (I can't judge, because I like FA Pineapple - and Cherimoya, too!)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do any of you who like real pineapple find pineapple vapes revolting? If you do, have you ever used Inawera Cherimoya?

I successfully used it as a sub for pineapple (it tastes mostly like sweet pineapple) for someone who says FA and TFA Pineapple taste like <censored, lol>. I made this recipe http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pom-pom.101581/ with Cherimoya in place of FA Pineapple and got thumbs-up. I'm wondering if others who can't stand vaping pineapple will have the same reaction. (I can't judge, because I like FA Pineapple - and Cherimoya, too!)

I'm finding that I don't like most fruits in ejuice, though I enjoy eating them, particularly pineapple. I'll put it on my shopping list.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yup, i did it to one of your mango blends. swapped for pineapple and left out the catcus!!!!

VU Sponsors