Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Pink Grapefruit Sweets
View attachment 18074

"This recipe erases all bitterness from FlavourArt Grapefruit and sweetens it into candy. Several sweet variations are listed to make a variety of different grapefruit candies."

The picture shows some of the candies I used for taste-tests while making this recipe and the variations. mm! It's challenging to find grapefruit candy in stores, but it's easy to mix and vape!

Wonderful. Will give it a go. I love grapefruit but have had no luck so far with my own recipes. Thanks. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...adding grapefruit to my next order list. Any clues on what other flavors I might need for your upcoming creations?

I've dusted off all my fruit and summery flavors with drinks in mind. Gin is such a good 'brisk' touch, as is Cardamom, and they appear in a lot of (actual) cool, summery drinks. 7Leaves is classified as a tobacco, but I'm finding it has hidden talents in non-tobacco recipes. Those are the most unusual ones I've been playing a lot with lately, pretty likely to appear in upcoming recipes, and really great for summery vapes in any case. Oh - got Cola? It's not unusual, but it sure is nice to vape a Coke on a hot day.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Awesome! I'll add those to my list. Haven't ever purchased any tobacco flavors. Are there any others that would good to have on hand?

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I'm late to the party on some the older recipes. Made some cranberry orange scones last night and it is amazing. So many goodies to choose from, so little time to mix and vape them all. I used to carry 1 tank with me to work or when I'm out and about. Now I carry 2, sometimes 3 at all times. Some of my co-workers have told me they love to walk in my wake because the love the smell of the vaper. Since learning how to make my own juice I've lost all desire to smoke again. It feels so good to be able to whip up something tasty when I'm low on juice. Following you guys has been like going to college again...welcome to the University of Vaping Mixology!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome! I'll add those to my list. Haven't ever purchased any tobacco flavors. Are there any others that would good to have on hand?

Even though you are not a tobacco vaper, you could put some of FA's so-called tobaccos to good use in non-tobacco recipes.

Oakwood: For an oak-barrel woody flavor, which is great for apple cider and for "aging" boozy flavors. Not tobacco-y at all, in my opinion.

Liquid Amber: Like a lightly-fermented apple - adds an excellent "ripe" touch to many fruit flavors. I don't think anyone would call this tobacco-y.

7Leaves: It IS a blend of 7 tobaccos, but it's light - and useful under 1% as a sweetener (!) for some flavors, especially spiced bright fruits. More on this as I keep experimenting with it...

Maxx Blend: Try replacing 0.5% Caramel in a sweet recipe with 0.5% Maxx Blend. If your nic is very pure, you'll get a honey-dark-caramel flavor from it. If your nic is a little rough, it's more like a dark caramel without the honey. Either way, it can add a bit of dark caramel flavor you can't make using other FA flavors. It's especially interesting in bakery recipes!

With 7Leaves and MaxxBlend, you have to watch out for changes as a recipe ages or if you heat steep - especially if you're using over 0.5% or 1%. Always try it fresh, too, so you'll know how you prefer it.

Those are the first FA "tobaccos" I'd recommend. Next step up is a big one (probably including Shade and Desert Ship), which either requires working with tiny percentages to taste just the spice/caramel nuances, or tasting clear tobacco flavor.

Ksarrow

Member For 4 Years
I really kinda like 7 Leaves and it seems to have more of a herbal or green taste. So far I only have paired it with peach and a touch of vanilla bourbon to put the leaves back on my peaches.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the recs. I'll add these to my very growing list for my next order. I started vaping with tobacco juices and quickly moved on form there. I'd be nice to revisit them to see how my taste buds have evolved.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the recs. I'll add these to my very growing list for my next order. I started vaping with tobacco juices and quickly moved on form there. I'd be nice to revisit them to see how my taste buds have evolved.

Ahh, if you've vaped tobacco flavors and want to try those, my recommendations would be different! FA Cuban Supreme (dry vanilla tobacco) is my favorite mild tobacco for standalone, though when I want real tobacco flavor, I add a little FA Burley to it. To me, Burley is the smell of a fresh-opened pack of cigs - brown tobacco, a little moist. If you really want tobacco, I think those are two of FA's best. If you liked those little cig-looking brown cigars, FA Tuscano ranks high, too.

edit: If you want a realistic, smoky effect when you exhale, FA Black Fire added to any tobacco mix does that. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-light-american-cigarette-replacement.2927/

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
During VU's unannounced vacation, I added a new recipe at HIC's Mixes
Gingered Peaches n Cream
p Gingered Peaches n Cream tiny.jpg
"Juicy peaches are first caramelized in ginger syrup, then mixed with rich, sweet vanilla cream. If you like peach ice cream, you'll love this smooth, flavorful vape. This recipe uses FlavourArt flavorings plus Nature's Flavors Ginger."

Got your Ginger yet? http://mamajsjuice.com/misc-flavors/

Last edited:

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Happy Easter everyone! Glad to see VU is back up and running again...wasn't expecting the sudden absence, but oh well. Thanks for the additional recs HIC. I'm placing an order later today with Wllmc to pick up a few that I'm missing. Any chance you'll be adding Maxx Blend in the near future?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : Orange Blueberry Cheesecake
p Orange Blueberry Cheesecake tiny.jpg
"Bright tangerine-orange cheesecake with a sweet blueberry layer and chocolate-graham crust. This gourmet trio of orange-berry-chocolate makes an exceptional vape!"

This recipe was inspired by the photo! As far as I've found, this awesome flavor trio is unique in the vape world.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This recipe was inspired by the photo! As far as I've found, this awesome flavor trio is unique in the vape world.
The photo and description inspire me to get this and the gingered peaches! I haven't mixed in tooooooo long! Life is getting in the way recently, and not much to my liking. The most creative I've gotten lately, is tank mixing in a hurry, lol. I had HIC's Sweet Watermelon in a tank (yum, btw!), needed to fill and run, but grabbed the Blue Razz bottle. Those 2 mixes combined were DELICIOUS!! A sweet berried watermelon. Gave a deepness to the whole profile. Super yummy, just wanted to share that.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I had HIC's Sweet Watermelon in a tank (yum, btw!), needed to fill and run, but grabbed the Blue Razz bottle. Those 2 mixes combined were DELICIOUS!! A sweet berried watermelon. Gave a deepness to the whole profile. Super yummy, just wanted to share that.

There are some flavors in those I would have never combined, but I know @Huckleberried has good tastes, so I just mixed this. I used a 50/50 mix of those two recipes. Huck's right, it's really appealing! "Sweet berried watermelon" is a good description. Mine is max-VG, so it's max-sweet, reminds me of some kind of kiddie treat I can't quite place.

I wrote "Huck's ______ " on my label, so Huck has to tell me how to fill in the blank. Thanks Huck!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The photo and description inspire me to get this and the gingered peaches! I haven't mixed in tooooooo long! Life is getting in the way recently, and not much to my liking. The most creative I've gotten lately, is tank mixing in a hurry, lol. I had HIC's Sweet Watermelon in a tank (yum, btw!), needed to fill and run, but grabbed the Blue Razz bottle. Those 2 mixes combined were DELICIOUS!! A sweet berried watermelon. Gave a deepness to the whole profile. Super yummy, just wanted to share that.
Nice Huck!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Here's what @Huckleberried made! That's a watermelon gummy and blue raspberry gummy from Candynation.com (where I recently shopped for, uh, "research" purposes). See the missing nibbles I made? Chew on all those bits at the same time, then vape Huck's ________ , and you'll find it's a really close match! If you're as flavor-obsessed as I am and want to compare, you can find the candies online here or at their mall stores. What fun!
P1200115.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first thing to pop into my mind for that blank was "grateful".

Watermelon Splash? No. HuckleBerried Melon? No, too much like Will's. Huck's Oops?

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : English Allsorts
View attachment 15165

Vape some Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts: brightly sweet, fruity candy with coconut, mild chocolate, anise, and undertones of treacle-licorice. This one is sweet on the tongue when you start to inhale, and the sweetness carries all the way through the exhale. FA Licorice is made light, bright, and fruity - nothing heavy, dark, or too herbal here.

It took 3 bags of candies to get this right - Bassetts classic assortment, Taveners Proper Sweets, and a horrible American version I set aside for mean kids next Halloween. Figuring other people might also have their Bassetts or Taveners favorites, I made this a very flexible recipe. It explains how to leave out the flavors you don't want and add more of your favorites.
Ok, you hit this one out of the ballpark! Just wow. I know that I'll be playing around with different flavors, this can be so many different tastes - and I like all of them! You should charge more for this one, HIC, really.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Haven't gotten around to trying that one yet, but will in due time. I've been stuck on the strawberry tiramisu for 2 weeks straight. Can't get enough of this, its delightfully delicious! All of them are excellent, it's just a matter of finding what works for your taste buds. Can't go wrong here and you get a master lesson in mixing at the same time

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Congrats on the partnership with Wllmc, brilliant!

Yes, I need to make a big announcement here!

@wllmc and I have been mixing buddies since we both discovered FA flavors well over a year ago. I couldn't even guess how many thousands of mixes (successes as well as plenty of failures) the two of us have made over this time! We're both a little off-kilter with our flavor obsession, sometimes take a different approach, but we truly benefit by coordinating our efforts. There's nobody I could be more pleased to partner with, so although wllmc has already announced it on his end, I want to trumpet it here, too:

Wllmc's flavor specialty shop, http://mamajsjuice.com/ , will be carrying some of my recipes as pre-mixed flavorings. Some are already available: http://mamajsjuice.com/specialty-shop/hics-mixes/ Keep an eye out there for future surprises and flavor delights. You never know what might pop up with the two of us flavor-crazed mixers! :D

And @wllmc - thank you! It's a real honor to mix with you, buddy.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

@wllmc and I have been mixing buddies since we both discovered FA flavors well over a year ago. I couldn't even guess how many thousands of mixes (successes as well as plenty of failures) the two of us have made over this time! We're both a little off-kilter with our flavor obsession, sometimes take a different approach, but we truly benefit by coordinating our efforts. There's nobody I could be more pleased to partner with, so although wllmc has already announced it on his end, I want to trumpet it here, too:

Wllmc's flavor specialty shop, http://mamajsjuice.com/ , will be carrying some of my recipes as pre-mixed flavorings. Some are already available: http://mamajsjuice.com/specialty-shop/hics-mixes/ Keep an eye out there for future surprises and flavor delights. You never know what might pop up with the two of us flavor-crazed mixers! :D

:) woot woot ! Taking the world of flavor over one tank at a time ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fantastic news!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cool. Did the two of you meet online or in the non-virtual world? Just curious.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Cool. Did the two of you meet online or in the non-virtual world? Just curious.
lol reasonable question. we live only a few hours away from each other but we met on ECF. We have similar styles and taste buds so once we hooked up it was over ha. After that @HeadInClouds became really good friends and exchanged ideas and recipes. We both have a serious flavor and mixing addiction that adds fuel to the fire. I know HIC keeps me pushing to mix better everyday.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CongratSmiley2DLMG2.gif

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol reasonable question. we live only a few hours away from each other but we met on ECF. We have similar styles and taste buds so once we hooked up it was over ha. After that @HeadInClouds became really good friends and exchanged ideas and recipes. We both have a serious flavor and mixing addiction that adds fuel to the fire. I know HIC keeps me pushing to mix better everyday.

Aah, so you have electrons to thank for the intro. :D

I didn't know Mama J's was you. I just switched to your shop from RTS. Very happy, and I've said so here. Nice to know who's on the other end. :)

Last edited:

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I've purchased most of your recipes and will continue to do so because they are so well balanced and generally have lots of suggested variations. I'll even buy things that I'm not feeling at the time with the intent of mixing them down the road or for days when I want something totally different. It's still way cheaper than buying eliquid from a vendor and is customizable to my taste. As long as you're not selling crab, shrimp, salmon, tuna or bread crust recipes I'm down for a new experience, with or without a subscription.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
i kind of like the way you organically come up with new mixes and post then when you're inspired...more like mia cocina, less like iron chef

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, didn't you have a recipe for Gooey Butter Cake? Thought I saw it somewhere, but can't remember where now...

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed six first-time sample batches of HIC recipes: Sweet Watermelon Juice, Blue Razz, Blueberry Kiwi Margarita, Lemon Meringue Pie, Ginger Ale Sorbet Punch and Orange Soda Pop.

My dripper will be a gusher for the next few hours. :D

IMAG0399_picmonkeyed.jpg

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(got NF Ginger yet?)
New today at HIC's Mixes : Ginger Beer Ninja :D

p Ginger Beer Ninja tiny.jpg
"Recipes include mild ginger beer, bold ginger beer, a gourmet herbal-infused ginger beer (Ginger Beer Ninja!), and an ideal Dark 'n Stormy. Will you begin with light, fruity ginger ale or bold, spicy ginger beer? These recipes use FlavourArt flavorings plus Nature's Flavors Ginger. Most include FA Lime Tahiti."

Have I ever mentioned I like NF Ginger? lol This is a 4-pack of ginger beer recipes. I consider the herbal Ninja recipe the crowning jewel of all ginger vapes, so that's what I named the collection.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors