Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not to make anyone cringe, or anything, but I made HIC's Jamocha Almond Fudge a couple weeks ago. Now the weird part... I did it without the "fudginess", because I'm convinced my chocolates are bad. I liked it a lot, even without. A couple weeks later, I'm still really liking this one. I have it in another tank, lol. Wanna know what's crazy?? I'd swear I taste an ice cream cone in it.

Awesome job on that one, HIC.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Not to make anyone cringe, or anything, but I made HIC's Jamocha Almond Fudge a couple weeks ago. Now the weird part... I did it without the "fudginess", because I'm convinced my chocolates are bad. I liked it a lot, even without. A couple weeks later, I'm still really liking this one. I have it in another tank, lol. Wanna know what's crazy?? I'd swear I taste an ice cream cone in it.

Awesome job on that one, HIC.

The last ingredient listed in that recipe sometimes gives me hints of bakery, so I'll be sure to try a little batch without (my beloved) fudge stripe! Thanks Huck!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
An easy way to enjoy lots of peach - and a good example of the sweetening powers of FA Lychee.
The flavor combo is not my original idea, and neither is this graphic!

304056_cameron-ohara_super-peach-world.jpg
2% FA Peach
2% FA White Peach
2% FA Catalan Cream
1% FA Lychee
(smoother after it sits a few hours, and ok to heat steep)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : Corpse Reviver
p corpse reviver tiny.jpg
"Astringent orange citrus cocktail to perk you up! A Corpse Reviver includes orange liqueur, lemon juice, gin, orange-infused tonic-like white wine, and a dash of absinthe. It's a brisk, bright vape with intriguing complexity to keep you coming back for more. Refreshing in the heat, an ideal wake-up flavor, and a superb all-day vape for citrus fans. This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings, including White Wine or Champagne. Substitutes are listed for some of the other flavors but ideal results require a diverse collection of FA flavorings."

If you've ever had this bright cocktail, you know the flavor; if not, "astringent orange" is a good, short description. In the real cocktail, a tonic edge contrasts with sweet orange, and effect that is captured here for you to vape. I'm finding it very addictive!

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Corpse Reviver
View attachment 18721
"Astringent orange citrus cocktail to perk you up! A Corpse Reviver includes orange liqueur, lemon juice, gin, orange-infused tonic-like white wine, and a dash of absinthe. It's a brisk, bright vape with intriguing complexity to keep you coming back for more. Refreshing in the heat, an ideal wake-up flavor, and a superb all-day vape for citrus fans. This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings, including White Wine or Champagne. Substitutes are listed for some of the other flavors but ideal results require a diverse collection of FA flavorings."

If you've ever had this bright cocktail, you know the flavor; if not, "astringent orange" is a good, short description. In the real cocktail, a tonic edge contrasts with sweet orange, and effect that is captured here for you to vape. I'm finding it very addictive!
I finally made a vape unvapeable. The cranberry tropical punch with TFA Cranberry. I can't figure what killed it but it is quite possibly the worst juice I've tasted. I made 6 ginger vapes this weekend, and all of the others were excellent. I can't recall if I read some hate FA Pineapple or if its the cran.
I tested one drop on my tongue before vaping and can't even describe it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I finally made a vape unvapeable. The cranberry tropical punch with TFA Cranberry.... I can't recall if I read some hate FA Pineapple or if its the cran.
I tested one drop on my tongue before vaping and can't even describe it.

You mean this recipe? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-tropical-cranberry-punch.26492/
Given the flavors in it and your reaction, you might be among those revolted by FA Pineapple. :(

Pineapple is a very divisive flavor in the vape world! Some love TFA's version and can't stand FA's - and vice-versa.
The good news is, most people enjoy one or the other, and either one would be fine in that recipe (same percent).

You could try 3% FA Pineapple standalone, to see if that's the culprit (I'd bet on that). Or just use TFA if you have it.

TFA Cranberry is one of their strongest flavors, but I doubt that's what wrecked it for you. Your reaction wouldn't be so dramatic. It's best used lightly and with other appealing flavors. If FA Pineapple tastes like a tire fire to you, that's not gonna work!

(Oh - and be sure to shake all your flavors before measuring! I know I keep saying that, but I sure have gotten some revolting results with flavors that sat a long time if I didn't shake them well first.)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
time for something exotic and fruity!

New today on HIC's Mixes : Lychee Pudding

p Lychee Pudding 200.jpg

"A fusion of flavors from India, reminiscent of a lychee lassi or shrikhand. It is the flavor of sweet lychee pudding made with almond milk, coconut cream, your choice of mango and/or papaya accents, and optional finishing touches for authentic Indian flavor. This is a smooth, sweet, creamy fruit vape with an exotic touch."

(A lassi is like a yogurt smoothie; shrikhand is the richer pudding equivalent.)

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, you got me again! I've been kind of intrigued by the descriptions of lychee, guess I'll have to order it now, lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
time for something exotic and fruity!

New today on HIC's Mixes : Lychee Pudding

View attachment 19000

"A fusion of flavors from India, reminiscent of a lychee lassi or shrikhand. It is the flavor of sweet lychee pudding made with almond milk, coconut cream, your choice of mango and/or papaya accents, and optional finishing touches for authentic Indian flavor. This is a smooth, sweet, creamy fruit vape with an exotic touch."

(A lassi is like a yogurt smoothie; shrikhand is the richer pudding equivalent.)

This sounds amazing - I'll definitely have to check this one out!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've been hanging out at the Asian market again. What a great place to find inspiration for something different! They also carry lots of British treats so hard to find in the U.S., usually cheaper than Cost Plus World Market. Cookies and candies and (durian, NOOOO) oh, my.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got lychee the other day! Gotta go get this one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Place

would to start my DIY , and come to HIC after ready many people tell about your recipe
would to purchase the recipe
but since i`m new in DIY , need some sugestion
about 10 or 20 FA essence need to buy , can someone give some list, what flavour need to purchase

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i cant believe they make durian candy!! tried some the other day, taste good, smells like crap!!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just bought Durian and Peanut Popsicles at Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati Saturday. Tried both last night. Durian was interesting but the peanut was delicious!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd follow the above but also look through all of HICs recipes and find 3 completely different that sound great and buy those ingredients. For example a coffee, a fruit, a cookie, or an adult cocktail.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Place

would to start my DIY , and come to HIC after ready many people tell about your recipe
would to purchase the recipe
but since i`m new in DIY , need some sugestion
about 10 or 20 FA essence need to buy , can someone give some list, what flavour need to purchase

There is a really good FA thread with a lot of FA recipes. I learned alot from the thread and you can pick several recipes and order what you need for those to get started. Just start at the begining and work your way through. Good Luck

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/flavourart-club-formally-known-as-the-purevapes-thread.2501/

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been M.I.A here! Very interested in corpse reviver...too funny what people name things. Maybe I should vape this and watch the walking dead or while playing those zombie killing games my son plays!

The Lychee Pudding looks good as well. Looks like I'm back to both stores for supplies....HICs mixes and MamaJs.

Pm ing you HIC!

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Jamoca Almond Fudge
View attachment 17088
"First Baskin-Robbins invented the creamy, sweet ice cream flavor; Arby's made it a milkshake; Dunkin' Donuts made it a latte - now you can vape jamoca. This is an outstanding flavor match and a thoroughly addictive vape!"

Lots of you know I'm a coffee fiend. I consider fancy coffee vapes my specialty - but this might be the best one I've ever made. FA flavorings do an amazing job of matching the flavor Baskin-Robbins invented. If you don't know jamoca, but you like creamy, sweet, mild coffee vapes, this is designed for you.

Any feedbacks on this one ?

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see that Key Lime Ice Cream has been added to the HIC Gumroad Store. I have purchased so many of your store recipes and collected so many more from this forum it will take me years to try them all. Still, I can't seem to stop collecting them and I think I'll be buying this one, too. It looks very tasty.

Today, I am really enjoying your Italian Lemon Cream Soda. Who knows what wonderful treat it will be tomorrow. I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful recipes you have provided on this forum, at your store, and through Mama J's, too!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I see that Key Lime Ice Cream has been added to the HIC Gumroad Store. I have purchased so many of your store recipes and collected so many more from this forum it will take me years to try them all. Still, I can't seem to stop collecting them and I think I'll be buying this one, too. It looks very tasty.

Today, I am really enjoying your Italian Lemon Cream Soda. Who knows what wonderful treat it will be tomorrow. I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful recipes you have provided on this forum, at your store, and through Mama J's, too!

Nahhh - all my ever-available-anywhere recipes total <175, easily vaped in under a year.

Your sig - "No Nic Flavor Chaser" - did you work your way down, or just don't use it? (Feel free to ignore my question if you don't want to answer) I'm curious what ratio of PG/VG you use, too.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(sorry for the delay mentioning this one)

New today at HIC's Mixes : Key Lime Ice Cream

"The filling from key lime pie - the frozen type made with sweetened condensed milk and fresh juice. This is non-fading, creamy, smooth lime with pie-like sweetness and mild tanginess. The key to this simple recipe is a special effect from a popular FlavourArt tobacco flavoring (!) - which is used to modify the other flavors, yet adds no hint of tobacco whatsoever."

I would have called this Key Lime Pie, but that implies a crust - and there is none. It's the ice-cream-like filling from this kind of key lime pie:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/frozen-key-lime-pie-recipe3.html
This is one of the cool flavor tricks I mentioned working on a few weeks ago. post 309 answers one question. Another question I've gotten is whether it requires FA's ("Kitchen Magic") Condensed Milk flavoring - no! Only FA flavors without diketones are used.

Last edited:

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nahhh - all my ever-available-anywhere recipes total <175, easily vaped in under a year.

Your sig - "No Nic Flavor Chaser" - did you work your way down, or just don't use it? (Feel free to ignore my question if you don't want to answer) I'm curious what ratio of PG/VG you use, too.

I've never smoked. I took up vaping a couple of months ago so that I could enjoy the taste of some sweet treats again. I try to limit sugar to help me maintain my weight and health. But I love sugar A LOT and that's the problem. So when I heard about vaping and the great flavors people were enjoying, I spent a lot of time online time looking into it. After learning all I could about it and deciding how I would try to reduce the risks to a level I could accept, I dived in.

Shortly after I started, I found this forum and your recipes. I've never been to a vape shop or tasted a commercial juice. I just started making my own. To me, it's just like cooking and doesn't seem hard at all.

I only add VG and 5% distilled water to the flavors in each mix. I seek out the less risky ingredients and focus on recipes that sound like vape versions of the desserts, drinks, and treats I have been missing. That's why it seems like your recipes are made in heaven just for me....and why I just can't stop collecting them.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I took up vaping a couple of months ago so that I could enjoy the taste of some sweet treats again. ... I've never been to a vape shop or tasted a commercial juice. I just started making my own.

You are the first vaper I've heard from vaping exclusively to replace sweet treats. I've wondered why we don't see more vapers like you. I think a lot of us fill more than one addiction with vaping. I sure do.

Even more stunning is starting off by making your own liquids! I applaud your approach - well planned and truly impressive!

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are the first vaper I've heard from vaping exclusively to replace sweet treats. I've wondered why we don't see more vapers like you. I think a lot of us fill more than one addiction with vaping. I sure do.

Even more stunning is starting off by making your own liquids! I applaud your approach - well planned and truly impressive!

When I was researching this, I did not find many others like me, either. So I guess I'm a (crazy?) pioneer, of sorts. Anyway, it's been a great couple of months and I'm very happy with my decision.

I'm vaping your Caramel Macchiato while I am working today. I love coffee and this sweet and creamy version is just so good!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(if you like Nature Valley granola bars, vaping this will put a smile on your face!)

New today at HIC's Mixes : Apple Crisp Granola !

p Apple Crisp Granola 150.jpg
"Inspired by a popular brand's crunchy Apple Crisp granola bars, this recipe captures all the flavor nuances of sweet granola snacks in vape form.
This recipe requires FlavourArt flavorings, including Liquid Amber and Torrone - and The Flavor Apprentice's Brown Sugar or Brown Sugar Extra. Measurements used are simple, though the ingredient list is long."

My detailed review after vaping many batches with all the possible substitute flavors suggested in this recipe: Y U M ! :)

Last edited:

vabch22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Every time I place an order, you release another recipe. Ahhh. :) I just picked up the key lime ice cream recipe. I was placing an order and had to find our your secret ingredient because I don't do tobacco so I knew I wouldn't have it. Very interesting, can't wait to try it out. Do we win a prize if we own all your recipes? haha

Enjoying some blue razz and watermelon right now. Is it bad if you try and drink the juice? :)

And I've been busy the last few days, congrats on the team up w/ wllmc and selling the pre-made mixes!

xxjoexx33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok the apple crisp granola put a smile on my face. It taste really good. I didn't have 1 ingredient so I just left it out and it's still really good. I definitely taste the granola bar, Apple is a little light but I did mix it like 3 minutes ago. Can't wait to see how it taste tomorrow.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just picked up the key lime ice cream recipe. I was placing an order and had to find our your secret ingredient because I don't do tobacco so I knew I wouldn't have it. Very interesting, can't wait to try it out. Do we win a prize if we own all your recipes? haha

Enjoying some blue razz and watermelon right now. Is it bad if you try and drink the juice? :)

And I've been busy the last few days, congrats on the team up w/ wllmc and selling the pre-made mixes!

I think you need permission from @Huckleberried to chug (Hucklemelon? did I remember the name right?) BlueRazzz+SweetWatermelon lol

Can't wait to hear how you like Key Lime Ice Cream. I actually cursed in delight when tasted my first vape of that one. That's the sweet and creamy lime flavor I've always wanted to vape, and I'll carry that one around this summer for sure.

Thank you for the congrats - @wllmc and I are having a ball brainstorming flavors and ideas!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed wllmc posting a partial of the blueberry coconut smoothie recipe around page 30 of fa fan club.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't care for the blueberry, can't put my finger on it. But the key lime was good, and I made another 60ml of banana pudding and Samoas (my first and favorite of your recipes).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just noticed wllmc posting a partial of the blueberry coconut smoothie recipe around page 30 of fa fan club.

My page 30 is from around August or so, and it didn't exist then. wllmc and I have been known to come up with similar flavor ideas sometimes!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need to find another bilberry recipe to see what it is I don't like about it. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Orange Soda by HiC has found a home in my cloud tank. Using the maximum recommended % of the secret TPA ingredient "for bubbles," it came out a little too bold for my dripper but is perfect for cloud chasing (next time, min.). Cloud setups mute flavor as we know but the Orange Soda holds up surprising well without changing character much. Mix it bold if cloud chasing!

Italian Lemon Soda is cloud-mute-resistant as well! Both the sodas are kind of in the same flavor family so I wouldn't recommend putting em both in the same rotation, but if you like one you'll likely enjoy the other :)

If you're wondering what they taste like, I'd say "food-accurate." These aren't sodas I would drink all day but I love having this vape in my cabinet.
sdCErOJ.jpg
Palermo is steeping... I could wall-o-text just speculating so I'll save it

@BumbaCLot Don't give up on bilberry until you let it steep for 7-14 days, I thought my bottle was bad vaping it fresh mixed solo - thin with a bite. Ultimately it isn't incredibly blue tasting but the tart of the berry skin is very real. Also HIC's smoothie recipe tastes more like one you'd make for breakfast (minimum dairy power-smoothie) and less like an ice-cream-shop shake.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors