Member For 5 Years
That sounds fabulous. I have none of those flavors. lol

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have all of these flavors....should I make it?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I see Amaretti I think of Amaretto! But no you are saying Amaretti ...like the amaretti cookie, yes? Oh I get it now! From the marzipan mixed with cookie. I am going to make both this as well as Pear-apple Frangipane! I am not sure yet but that inside of the orange tic tac looks so down my alley...love sweet tart fruits! Im thinking Mad Fruit may end up being to me what Rum is to Wllmc!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
When I see Amaretti I think of Amaretto! But no you are saying Amaretti ...like the amaretti cookie, yes? Oh I get it now! From the marzipan mixed with cookie. I am going to make both this as well as Pear-apple Frangipane! I am not sure yet but that inside of the orange tic tac looks so down my alley...love sweet tart fruits! Im thinking Mad Fruit may end up being to me what Rum is to Wllmc!

Yes, amaretti cookies, amaretto liqueur.

Some cool trivia. One of the main brands of amaretto liqueur in Italy is actually an infusion of amaretti cookies.

"Less known outside of Italy, Disaronno's main competitor is the "Lazzaroni Amaretto" (24% vol.) by Paolo Lazzaroni & Figli (PLF), officially produced since 1851. PLF's Amaretto owes its "delicate almond/apricot flavor" to an infusion of crushed amaretti cookies, which were made according to the Lazzaroni family's recipe. "

If you track down info on Lazzaroni's cookies, it's all done with apricot kernels, no almonds whatsoever.

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixed this last night, I cut the Cinamon to .25% as the Ceylon is not what I'm looking for in bakery vapes, and I made the 50/50 whitepeach/peach version for a total of 2% peach mix.

I'm enjoying this alot, hope the taste doesn't fade after a few days because it's very good right now.

Thanks.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the original recipe is 4.75% total flavoring (I used 1.5% white peach), which sounded low so I scaled the overall from there to 6%, HIC you're probably laughing... tasted really exciting on day 2 but after a week, the flavor was so strong it was giving me instant vapetongue in my dripper. Planning on adding some unflavored 3mg base, I set it on the shelf for later...

Later never came but I put the 6% mix in my new cloud chaser rig and I love it. As usual some dark and low notes are muted, it doesn't pop like my dripper, but for clouds the taste is very very nice. As a flavor junkie and new to wide open RTA's like the Goliath by UD, I really like customizing mixes to taste good in that beast. Still a newb only had it a few days. A flat 15% increase for example in flavoring is not really sufficient for cloud conversion, some bold simple flavors can be muted without tasting different like HIC's soda flavors.

My accidental "flavor clouds bro" version. Not vapeable imo unless you know your setup mutes flavors, in which case this compensates well.

If you've never tried distilled h2o in your max vg mix, give it a shot - less gloop, better steeping/passive mixing, better wicking... slight "steam" feel, barely noticeable at 2%, obvious at 5%. Doesn't "help" clouds but I like the feel. Water doesn't mute flavor IME, it just doesn't atomize into visible vapor.

>>scaled original (w/1.5% peach) to 6%<<
Max VG
Distilled Water 3.00%
White Peach (FA) 1.89%
Brown Sugar (TFA) 0.95%
Cinnamon Ceylon (FA) 0.63%
Cream, Catalan (FA) 0.63%
Caramel (FA) 0.63%
Marzipan (FA) 0.63%
Cookie (FA) 0.63%
>>DROP NIC IN HALF AT LEAST! If your build is cloudy enough for this to taste proper, you're consuming a ton of juice. My usual 3-4mg gives me the jitters here<<

Having a use for flavors at varying concentrations is another great reason to mix recipe concentrates independent of the base :) I should take my own advice... seems like always in test mode...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors