HIC's PEAR-APPLE FRANGIPANE (fruit almond torte)

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Recipes' started by HeadInClouds, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Amour juice

Amour juice Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    The brandy was flavor apprentice from rts vapes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    If you like the way it tastes, give it a shot. So to speak. ;)

Amour juice likes this.
  3. Amour juice

Amour juice Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What persentage verses yours Fa. For almond torte

4. HeadInClouds

Blog Posts:
    I don't use that TFA flavor, so I can't say for sure. I would recommend using the same amount. You can always add more later if it's not enough, but it's a minor ingredient, so a little variation shouldn't wreck it.

Amour juice likes this.
  5. SirErick

SirErick New Member

Blog Posts:
    Friend is looking for a Peach Cobbler and found this:) I have everything but Brandy, I have Jamaican Rum, would that work or should I skip Brandy all together. Cant wait to try this!

6. HeadInClouds

Blog Posts:
    I don't consider Rum and Brandy at all interchangeable. If you leave it out, maybe increase some other flavor to compensate, or increase all by 50%. But it's better if you use the Brandy.

7. SirErick

SirErick New Member

Blog Posts:
    I omit for now and order some Brandy next time I order. Thanks again! I will post my thoughts after a few weeks of steeping.:)

8. KatyaDiDGroove

KatyaDiDGroove New Member

Blog Posts:
    if exchanging .5% of fa brandy for LA brandy how much would be appropriate?

9. HeadInClouds

Blog Posts:
    I haven't used Lorann's Brandy flavor. FA's is pretty darned strong, especially when it's fresh. I'm sure 0.5% of Lorann's is not too much, so if nobody pops in with a better answer, just start there & add more if you want it boozier.

inspects likes this.
  10. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Damn, I'm glad someone brought this thread to the top, I have all the components, which is nothing short of a miracle......Thanks again, @HeadInClouds

misswish and HeadInClouds like this.
  11. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is my first time commenting ever on VU, and I am just blown away with HIC's recipe's! I've been using them for months now, and there hasn't been a single recipe that let me down, so hat's off! I'm very happy with them. I have a question, I was wondering if there was a substitute for the apricot. I have everything but that.

bobnat and HeadInClouds like this.
  12. HeadInClouds

Blog Posts:
    How about FA Peach - plain Peach, not White. I used Apricot here because I like it so much with Brandy, but Peach is pretty similar.

P.S. Welcome to VU!

cdohner likes this.
  13. bobnat

bobnat Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I agree, though I must say I don't like all the flavor profiles. But the ones I like are fantastic. In my opinion, the fact that most are ready to vape in a day or two just raises them a few levels as well.

PS, give Joy 7-10 days.

misswish and cdohner like this.
  14. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks! Great to be here, this is where I come to learn DIY, and has been very handy. Every time I make something and share it with friends, they are just blown away. All from tips I've learned here.

BTW, I've had the best remarks from your PB recipe. But I've added .5% FA honey to it, remarkable! I've played around with other flavors like adding banana (you know, like a banana with PB on it), but it's kinda hard to get a distinct banana flavor in this recipe. Any suggestions?

Anyway, I have White Peach, the other FA Peach is on its way. That might actually work, but at like .25%? And why wouldn't White Peach work? Because of its complexity and strength?

15. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just got Joy in a few days ago! I got so much going on in my flavor box haha! But I forgot why I got it. Maybe I got it for a stand alone? IDFK LOL

16. bobnat

Blog Posts:
    Go to HIC's website. Under the free section there is a PDF in which he gives detailed explanations of the FA Flavours. Also, if you were to buy some of his recipes, he provides even more information as to how the flavors interact and effect each other. It's invaluable information that will allow you to understand how it all works. Just last week I finally nailed a Cinnamon Bun recipe I've been working on for months. It was because I finally understood what the flavors were adding to the recipe.

cdohner likes this.
  17. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I was looking at it, and it talks about the complexity of White Peach, but that can mean a lot of things really. I think it's because FA Peach isn't as intense, therefore blends together better rather than overpowering the other flavors. But asking would confirm my thinking, instead of guessing and wasting a lot through experimenting.

I look at it this way, it's similar to fixing a car right the first time. If I can fix it right the first time, rather than crossing my fingers and hoping for the best on a crappy repair, I become more efficient lol

18. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh, and congrats on the Cinnamon Bun recipe, do you try to use FA flavors only as well?

19. bobnat

Blog Posts:
    No, I'll use anything, I don't discriminate. But I do like FA very much. However, there are some flavors that just can't be beat such as Capella's Vanilla Custard or Inawera Biscuit.

cdohner likes this.
  20. HeadInClouds

Blog Posts:
    It's not really the strength, but White Peach just stands out more in recipes, and it doesn't taste as "ripe" as plain Peach. Since it doesn't taste as ripe, it's not as convincing for a baked fruit flavor.

inspects and cdohner like this.
  21. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    IKR?!
    I got biscuit simply because it had so many good reviews! I don't even know what I'm going to use it in lol
    But I'll find something soon enough, you wait and see >;-)

22. bobnat

Blog Posts:
    There are tons of recipes that use it. I once made the mistake of putting in 8% of it. Didn't know until I vaped it. I still grimace when I think about it.

inspects and cdohner like this.
  23. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah? Sounds similar to the mistake I made putting 2 drops of FA Condensed Milk into my tank of HIC's Peanut Butter. Talk about a flavor that never disappears! Man, I tasted that for hrs and smelled it in my room for 3 days. It has got to be the worst flavor ever. I seen HIC say that it's "a tough flavor"? What an understatement, it's just flat out ugh! The thought of it to this day makes me sick.

Anyway, tell me a couple of good names of recipe's that use Biscuit. I'll find the recipe somewhere.

24. RonJS

RonJS Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I've always thought Squonk does a fine job naming recipes. :yes:

Especially those that contain INW Biscuit.

It's a snap. Type... cookie ... in the Search box on this page. Look for Squonk in the results.

Ron
    ---
    "Plunge Deep enough in order to see something that is hidden and glimmering."- Matsuo Basho

gopher_byrd and inspects like this.
  25. Heabob

Heabob Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    2% INW Shisha Strawberry
    1% INW Biscuit
    1% INW Shisha Vanilla (or sub with another brand vanilla)

cdohner likes this.
  26. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    Wow, very low %'s!
    But I only have FA Strawberry, TFA Ripe, and Cap Sweet :gaah:

Heabob likes this.
  27. Heabob

Heabob Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Kinda normal for DIY to be always missing some flavors:(.

But you could try using 4% TFA Ripe + 4% CAP Sweet
    Or 3-4% FA Strawberry
    If you don't have the Shisha Vanilla just use 1-2% of another brand Vanilla

Adding 1% INW Biscuit to most any fruit recipe adds something unique IMO.
    2-3% FA Cookie is a close second choice...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    cdohner likes this.
  28. cdohner

cdohner New Member

Blog Posts:
    You just reminded me, and I mixed 4% TFA Ripe, and FA Vanilla Tahiti. Vaped, and lovin it!

I gotta tell you, I made the most amazing Unicorn Milk!
    I haven't been able to put it down! It's definitely the best juice I've ever vaped! And it's my own too (well, for the most part) I owe it to HIC for the Home Vape Cheesecake Base for the idea. But I made up my own Graham Cracker Crust Base, similar to how you make the Cheesecake Base. I think I made a winner.

But now that I tried your Strawberry Biscuit, I can take a moment to let the Unicorn Milk steep a few more days lol