Become a Patron!

HIC's PICK-YOUR-FRUIT SCONES

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's say i didn't have fresh cream. Do you think I could get away with 1.5% Vienna cream or just keep it as is with out it? Thanks for all that you do here!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Let's say i didn't have fresh cream. Do you think I could get away with 1.5% Vienna cream or just keep it as is with out it? Thanks for all that you do here!!!

Fresh Cream is there to fluff up the custard and vienna flavors. I wouldn't add more of either of those. There isn't any other flavor quite like fresh cream, so the best option is to leave it out. :( (Fresh Cream is such a useful flavor, you really ought to get some)

Just got my first BCV order in today with about 30 FA flavors. I have been going nuts, made some Lemon Meringue Pie, Creamy Strawberry Malt, White Coconut Cake, RP's RY4, and now I see this and I'm looking at the list and I have everything I need to try this too lol. Your recipes are the best HIC, thx for sharing with everyone. It's all sitting in the dark right now. Can't wait to start trying everything.

I only have FA Strawberry, TFA Blueberry Wild, CAP Strawberry Sweet and CAP Strawberries and Cream I could use for the main note.
I have FA Cold Lime or Lemon Sicilly for the secondary, I have some Orange and Mandarin from DIYflavorshack are those crappy or would they work also? what would you recommend?

Do you heat or steep the fruity recipes like LMP and CSM and this one?

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just got my first BCV order in today with about 30 FA flavors. I have been going nuts, made some Lemon Meringue Pie, Creamy Strawberry Malt, White Coconut Cake, RP's RY4, and now I see this and I'm looking at the list and I have everything I need to try this too lol. Your recipes are the best HIC, thx for sharing with everyone. It's all sitting in the dark right now. Can't wait to start trying everything.

I only have FA Strawberry, TFA Blueberry Wild, CAP Strawberry Sweet and CAP Strawberries and Cream I could use for the main note.
I have FA Cold Lime or Lemon Sicilly for the secondary, I have some Orange and Mandarin from DIYflavorshack are those crappy or would they work also? what would you recommend?

Do you heat or steep the fruity recipes like LMP and CSM and this one?

I'd pick 2% FA Strawberry, 0.5% Lemon Sicily - I really like that combo.
I shake it and vape it. If there's some left the next day or two, see if you notice much change and which way tastes best to you.

P.S. - shake that strawberry flavoring before you measure it!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One mix came out heavy on the cookie and will need adjusting. Don't talk at me when I'm mixing!!!!! :(
Another one came out pretty tasty. Did a Mandarin/Nectarine. Might do strawberry/lemon sic. next (did 4 scone bases while I was mixing). Doing shake and vape. I don't have the patience to steep :oops:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OooOo I just saw the Raspberry/Mandarin suggestion. Will have to make that one too! My raspberry is TFA, but. . .

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Made raspberry/guava that was lighter on the guava than the raspberry (since the guava is a strong flavor) and as a shake and vape was kinda yecky. After steeping for 3 days, though, it's actually okay. The guava has tamed down quite a bit. Still not on the top of my list, but if you like guava. . . Dunno why I even bought guava *laf*

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good gravy! I just made up a batch of this using Fuji and cinnamon! Wowser! This is great I may back off the Fuji a bit next time. I used 1% next the gonna use .5% the way I'm vaping it won't be long! Thanks for the recipe! Gotta get me some fresh cream though!

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
So it turns out I have one flavour missing from every combination! I tried Raspberry Orange, but the orange seemed too strong (maybe a mixing mistake). Was still good, but I think I'll wait until I can try Bilberry Lemon, Blackcurrent Lime, or (read: and) Raspberry Mandarin.

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So are you guys using 1% bilberry .5% lemon? Or .5 for both?

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got TFA Sweet Raspberry? I think that would be good, if you like the flavor. I'd pick (so to speak) Strawberry Ripe over Blueberry Extra.
I do like strawberry ripe, haven't tasted fa strawberry yet, its on order, what percentage would i add strawberry ripe to this mixture? Strawberry ripe usually comes out week for me at any percentage. I would like it to be there, maybe little less than smelling it in the bottle as a flavor

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I do like strawberry ripe, haven't tasted fa strawberry yet, its on order, what percentage would i add strawberry ripe to this mixture? Strawberry ripe usually comes out week for me at any percentage. I would like it to be there, maybe little less than smelling it in the bottle as a flavor
Try the TFA at 2%. FA's isn't super strong, either.

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try the TFA at 2%. FA's isn't super strong, either.
I've never used strawberry ripe lowe're than 5% and went up to 15% in a mix and it got worse as i went up in precentage. I have read and heard that less is more and too much is worse. Just don't understand how that could be lol. Thank you for responding and all your hard work, great recipes!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've never used strawberry ripe lowe're than 5% and went up to 15% in a mix and it got worse as i went up in precentage. I have read and heard that less is more and too much is worse. Just don't understand how that could be lol. Thank you for responding and all your hard work, great recipes!

I hope you'll let us know how much TFA you like here, if you try it.

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sure will. I'm a new DIY myself. Only a few months into this and with reading forums waiting for supplies, it isn't much experience. I have been experimenting with cheesecake fruits bakery stuff. I liked ny cheesecake from Capella from the beginning, smelled great in the bottle but tasted like plastic when vaped. That bottle smell was never there. I went from 3% to 20% and taste was not there. TPA cheesecake Graham is a lot better, the graham part is a little too tart for me. I love raspberry and will try that first, Raspberry-Mandarin. Mandarin should bring out the sour in raspberry. Raspberry - hazelnut sounds great too lol. Maybe even raspberry-strawberry-mandarin or instead of Mandarin hazelnut. Don't know about percentages on the fruit there lol

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just to clarify i want to make this with raspberry/hazelnut so this would be the recipe correct?

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Custard
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Raspberry
0.5% FA Hazelnut
I'm going to mix this one up today. I have yet to use my hazelnut and raspberry and think this would be the perfect proven recipe to get a feel for these two flavors and how they play, other than stand alone. Thanks for this recipe HIC because it incorporates multiple flavor combination options. This is one that I feel in invaluable to anyone getting into DIY or anyone trying to get a feel for flavors they haven't tried, yet understand the base scone flavors.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although I loved the bilberry lemon...tdf! I seen a recipe for a maple black pepper scone. I'm not keen on maple, could try a strawberry black pepper, lemon black pepper, apricot black pepper. I think you know I'm on a black pepper roll.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Although I loved the bilberry lemon...tdf! I seen a recipe for a maple black pepper scone. I'm not keen on maple, could try a strawberry black pepper, lemon black pepper, apricot black pepper. I think you know I'm on a black pepper roll.
Apricot. Do that one. There's a tea vape swimming around the recipes somewhere that used both. Nice.

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been mixing scones for the past week lol. All are delicious. One that stood out and can be classified as shake and vape is strawberry ripe (TPA)-lime cold pressed (FA). I raised the strawberry ripe to 3% as it is a weak flavor in my opinion. Have not tried it with FA strawberry yet. To me this combo tastes like rice pudding with a hint of lime, best i can describe it.
Cookie (FA)1.5%
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.5%
Custard (FA) 1%
Lime Tahity Cold Pressed (FA) 0.5%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 3%
Vienna Cream (FA) 1%

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How can I bring out the strawberry it's such a light flavor ..what strawberry flavors do you recamend and how to bring it out shining ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pretty dang good! Thank you, HIC.

Only have FA strawberry, blackcurrant and lemon sicily in the fruits. I had plenty of the other flavors. Made the strawberry with lemon sicily version and it's delicious. Might try blackcurrant next. Gotta get some lime... and raspberry.....and bilberry.....

Always happens when I stumble upon a good looking recipe here, I end up spending more money on flavors. I'm going to have quite an arsenal eventually.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any suggestions on helping me try a 15 ml first. On either billbery and lemon
And cranberry with orange both Fa mostly for all.
Also have black current to try with another flavor.
Much help appreciated

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow! Thank again! Another delicious recipe. I have made bilberry-lemon. I am amazed at how you tame cookie to be so adaptable - scones, tarts, pies, pastry's, buscuits! It seems to work really well here with the lemon, the glaze effect feels to me like its reinforced by cookie!

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So yours came out tasting great
Can you tell me all you put in yours . See what I did . I comprimized to smaller amount bottle first .

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So yours came out tasting great
Can you tell me all you put in yours . See what I did . I comprimized to smaller amount bottle first .

Hi Karen,

I used :

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Custard
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Bilberry
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily

It really is delicious. To me it tastes like a cross between a scone and a lemon slice. Smells more like a lemon slice. I think its because the lemon glaze effect works so well! :)

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Karen,

I used :

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Custard
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Bilberry
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily

It really is delicious. To me it tastes like a cross between a scone and a lemon slice. Smells more like a lemon slice. I think its because the lemon glaze effect works so well! :)

Thank you so much, will follow for 30 Mls now.
I greatly appreciate your help...
Karen

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have only lemon Sicily cap and lemon from Inaw.. Can you give idea as which I can use and best in %..

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes I did , with knowing inaw is very strong . But thank you
It's now steeping.

Hi great looking recipe!
I don't have any FA custard, what % would you recommend if I used CAP V1? I imagine it would be more as FA are strong flavours, or do you have to stick to FA to get it right?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi great looking recipe!
I don't have any FA custard, what % would you recommend if I used CAP V1? I imagine it would be more as FA are strong flavours, or do you have to stick to FA to get it right?

FA Custard is NOT similar to Capella custard, and the two are not interchangeable. FA Custard is lemony vanilla, not heavy or buttery at all. The lemon bit of custard is what makes the fruits here taste right, so that sub really won't work. Sorry :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
That's okay, thanks for replying to the comment!

Will have to add it to the list, lemony tang might be interesting!

Yeah, FA Custard is really worth having around if you like fruity vapes at all. It's like adding lightly-sweetened, lemony-vanilla half-and-half, and that goes well with most fresh fruit flavors (FA's fruits are all fresh tasting, as opposed to candy-type fruits).

Hi, I liked this recipe after I made it, but the flavour isn't strong enough for me. How would I go about increasing the percentages? As I'm guessing you need to ensure the ratios are kept the same? Or could I just double each number or say times each number by 1.5?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi, I liked this recipe after I made it, but the flavour isn't strong enough for me. How would I go about increasing the percentages? As I'm guessing you need to ensure the ratios are kept the same? Or could I just double each number or say times each number by 1.5?
When you multiply each ingredient by the same number, you ARE keeping the ratios the same. So YES, that's how you can adjust the strength of any recipe without changing the overall flavor.

Medved

Member For 4 Years
I got Bilberry Lemon in regular rotation, along with some other HICs mixes from gumroad, so thank you for the great taste and work that you do HIC ;)

and today I'm trying out the Blackberry Coconut scone, since im in love with these flavours in general so I'll give it a go... Both at 0.5% seems right, any suggestions?

Tried my Fuji Apple & Cinnamon Ceylon today, mixed it on the 8th Jan
Fair play the description is very accurate, this recipe is perfect way to vape strong fruit flavors without it being overpowering

I've found Fuji apple basically overpowers everything, but in this mix it's subtle and blend perfect with the cinnamon

Got Raspberry - Hazelnut & Blueberry - Lemon in waiting to try also will report back

EDIT

Raspberry & Hazelnut - Loved this, first time using either FA flavors and the raspberry is fantastic, very interested in using this flavor in other mixes such as a custard maybe?

Blueberry & Lemon - I used FA Bilberry for this which I'm yet to be convinced about. Doesn't taste like a true blueberry, does anyone know if FA Blueberry is any better? May just have to accept that I don't like blueberry vapes as never got along with TFA Blueberry Wild

Last edited:

ajd40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made 15mls of this yesterday and it tastes great. I went with the bilberry with the lemon icing. Everyone that was in my vapor trail was commenting on how nice it smelled. I will be making a 30ml batch this weekend but will be upping the flavor percentages by 25%. Thanks HIC your recipes are so good I felt compelled to buy some from your web store. Keep up the great work! You have one more fan.

VU Sponsors