Become a Patron!

HIC's PICK-YOUR-FRUIT SCONES

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds thank you for this tasty recipe! I just got done mixing the strawberry/orange combo. It is great! The flavors come in as a slightly sweet buttery scone, then i get a nice strawberry orange-ish flavor, all tied together with FA custard. well done sir.

Can't wait to try this one! I don't have Fresh Cream, but I do have FA Meringue...I wonder if a substitution would work?

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was a tasty vape. I did mine with billberry and a touch of orange. The flavor was good at day 4...amazing at two weeks.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Can't wait to try this one! I don't have Fresh Cream, but I do have FA Meringue...I wonder if a substitution would work?

Fresh Cream is perfect for scones; Meringue wouldn't be a good sub. I promise you'll find lots of other uses for FA Fresh Cream - it's well worth having for any DIYer.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would for sure agree. The more recpie searching you do the more times you will find fresh cream in a fair number of mixes.

Well then, I should have picked some up...I'll let you all know how they turn out with meringue as a sub. Day one and they smell* amazing.

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Scones recipe: fluffy, rich, lightly sweet, Devonshire cream scones include your choice of berries or other fruit and your favorite glaze/topping. This is a great way to vape your strongest fruit flavors without the fruit overwhelming the rest.

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Custard
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% TFA Cranberry, FA Bilberry, Raspberry, 1% FA Forest Mix, 1% FA Blackcurrant, or 2% FA Strawberry *
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily, Orange, Mandarin, or Lime Cold-Pressed **

* These are the fruits baked into the scones. Keep reading for more suggestions.

** These are glaze/accent flavors.

I've liked every combination I've tried from the flavors listed above. My favorites are cranberry-orange, bilberry-lemon, and blackcurrant-lime. Honorable mention goes to Raspberry-Mandarin.

You can change the last two ingredients for other combinations: Pear-Almond, Fuji-Cinnamon, or Raspberry-Hazelnut, for example. If your main flavor is not a very strong one, use 1% or more of it and keep the last ingredient at just 0.5%: Fig-Cardamom, Lemon-Ginger, and White-Chocolate-Cranberry are a few I'd suggest making like that.

I hope you'll have fun with it! Please let us all know what flavor combinations you try!

Thank you so much for helping me learn about FA! I swear I find myself going back to your notes on a daily basis... What would HIC do LOL

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YES I can FInally fully make an HIC recipe I am excited to try this one lol I thought for sure there would be something I dont have but ITS SO VERSATILE!!! THANKS HIC

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Delicious! glad I finally could try one without the subs....definitely convinced I will be ordering a bunch of FA flavors next time only have about 10 atm...:oops:

MeetYourVapers

Member For 4 Years
Hello, I'm a 1 month old vaper and a 1 week old DIYer.

So I got excited with your recipes, ordered a bunch of flavours and got into it.

I made a 20ml bottle, using 50pg/50vg 9mg nic and 66 drops in total flavors

1.5% FA Cookie 18 drops
1% FA Custard 12 drops
1% FA Vienna Cream 12 drops
0.5% FA Fresh Cream 6 drops
1% FA Forest Mix 12 drops
0.5% FA Hazelnut 6 drops

The problem is that I can't taste the fruits at all and the cookie flavor seems a little too strong for me, almost like plastic. A friend that took a few puffs noticed the fruit flavours immediately though and only after a few more puffs he noticed the cookie.

Did I use too high percentages (I assumed 60drops/ml since these bottles have pretty tight holes)? Is using drops too inaccurate?

Should I drop the Cookie percentage and raise the fruit one?

Should I let it steep more?

Could it be vaper's fatigue? Before making this recipe I did a single flavor one with FA Strawberry and before that I had a 15ml bottle of Cosmic Fog Nutz which at first tasted so strong but after a while I couldn't taste the strawberry..

Looks like I just don't like Forest Mix.

Anyway thanks for this great recipe!

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, I'm a 1 month old vaper and a 1 week old DIYer.

So I got excited with your recipes, ordered a bunch of flavours and got into it.

I made a 20ml bottle, using 50pg/50vg 9mg nic and 66 drops in total flavors

1.5% FA Cookie 18 drops
1% FA Custard 12 drops
1% FA Vienna Cream 12 drops
0.5% FA Fresh Cream 6 drops
1% FA Forest Mix 12 drops
0.5% FA Hazelnut 6 drops

The problem is that I can't taste the fruits at all and the cookie flavor seems a little too strong for me, almost like plastic. A friend that took a few puffs noticed the fruit flavours immediately though and only after a few more puffs he noticed the cookie.

Did I use too high percentages (I assumed 60drops/ml since these bottles have pretty tight holes)? Is using drops too inaccurate?

Should I drop the Cookie percentage and raise the fruit one?

Should I let it steep more?

Could it be vaper's fatigue? Before making this recipe I did a single flavor one with FA Strawberry and before that I had a 15ml bottle of Cosmic Fog Nutz which at first tasted so strong but after a while I couldn't taste the strawberry..

This is the great thing about diy... You can adjust to your liking.

It may be worth splitting your 20ml into 2 10ml - add an extra 0.5% forest fruits to one, 1% to another.

Also try some other flavour combos. I regularly mix up the lemon/bilberry combo here. It's delicious!

MeetYourVapers

Member For 4 Years
This is the great thing about diy... You can adjust to your liking.

It may be worth splitting your 20ml into 2 10ml - add an extra 0.5% forest fruits to one, 1% to another.

Also try some other flavour combos. I regularly mix up the lemon/bilberry combo here. It's delicious!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm out of more fruit flavors right now, but I will surely order a bunch of them next time because this recipe would be awesome if I could taste the fruits on it!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm out of more fruit flavors right now, but I will surely order a bunch of them next time because this recipe would be awesome if I could taste the fruits on it!
you should definitely invest in a scale that does hundreds....Well worth the 10-20$ I spent on it and then some, measuring by drops is not too accurate. Hope you have a mix calculator of some type to help, I use eliquidrecipes.com but you can save mixes and edit them etc. You can find a bunch of do's and dont's in the DIY section here I learned a bunch!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Already on the 2nd bottle of this;)......Just made another with lemon Sicily and summer clouds.....really light peach flavor its delicious!! Thanks!!

MeetYourVapers

Member For 4 Years
you should definitely invest in a scale that does hundreds....Well worth the 10-20$ I spent on it and then some, measuring by drops is not too accurate. Hope you have a mix calculator of some type to help, I use eliquidrecipes.com but you can save mixes and edit them etc. You can find a bunch of do's and dont's in the DIY section here I learned a bunch!
Sure, thanks for your suggestions and help. Actually after some extensive reading and youtubing, I'm pretty convinced to buy a scale since it seems to be more precise and convenient.

My attempt at the scones recipe turned out to be pretty decent after some steeping at around 5 days!

I followed this to a "T" and while I found it balanced, I felt like it was missing a bold punch of flavor. My second attempt, I decided to double the %'s. Had a little more flavor of everything shining through but still falls flat IMO.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I followed this to a "T" and while I found it balanced, I felt like it was missing a bold punch of flavor. My second attempt, I decided to double the %'s. Had a little more flavor of everything shining through but still falls flat IMO.
Hmmm. I found that I really liked this one after a 2-3 week steep. I mix mine with orange FA on top and and alittle bit of billberry on the bottom.

I really didn't find be it impressive at the first week steep. So I just put it back in the drawer. I forgot about. Pulled it out. After the steep it had a orange yellow tint...vaped it...and said oh yeah just fantastic. So now I make it every more of so and enjoy it every time it's ready.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,
Looks like I just don't like Forest Mix.
I totally had a post written about how summer clouds ended up not working for me and it may have been the fruits used....Even at low percentages I found summer clouds to mute other flavors in a mix. If you need a flavor to tone down strong fruits use a drop or two of that stuff, you can smell it immediately be much lighter.....I personally didnt care for its floral notes and most the time now I just turn offenders down instead of trying to fade the flavors using another flavor or additive.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I totally had a post written about how summer clouds ended up not working for me and it may have been the fruits used....Even at low percentages I found summer clouds to mute other flavors in a mix. If you need a flavor to tone down strong fruits use a drop or two of that stuff, you can smell it immediately be much lighter.....I personally didnt care for its floral notes and most the time now I just turn offenders down instead of trying to fade the flavors using another flavor or additive.
Reminded me of Grandma's rose bath soap when I was a bad boy :giggle:

VU Sponsors