HIC's PRESIDENTIAL PRICKLY PEAR MARGARITA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Presidential Prickly Pear Margarita: This stars Inawera's awesome Kaktus flavor, the sweet flavor of those red prickly pear cactus fruits. A presidential margarita includes brandy. See the discussion below regarding tequila. Sweet cactus fruit, tart lime juice (Florida Key or Cold Press), sweet orange, a hint of aromatic bitterness (bergamot) and zippy lime zest all combine to make this a really tasty, citrusy vape.

1% Inawera Kaktus (Cactus)
1% FA Florida Key Lime (FA Lime Cold Press is an ok sub)
0.5% FA Lime Tahiti
1% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Royal Orange
0.5 FA Bergamot (can use FA Blood Orange if you prefer)

Shake and vape -- you won't have leftovers!

Brandy, Royal Orange, and Bergamot create the flavor of Grand Marnier orange liqueur. If you don't have Bergamot, Blood Orange is also tasty more like a triple sec than my favorite orange liqueur.

Regarding tequila: The only Tequila flavoring I know is Flavor West Tequila, and it's just not a very good flavor. The real marg that inspired this includes brandy, and FA Brandy makes this taste boozy enough, especially when it's fresh. I shake and vape this recipe for exactly that reason.

(updated Oct 2017 for FA's new citrus flavors)

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
looks good HIC thanks for sharing. il think ill try the mandarin triple sec option

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow...vaping this now and it's simply delicious. I made it in 4ml, rather than 6ml, in case it was not flavored enough for me, but it's a little strong, so back to your original recipe. In a bigger bottle - YUM:D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wanted to mention that this is even better the next day. The fist day the bergamot eventually seemed a little strong after a while, but the next day it was nicely blended!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull city and ecig express are both out if bergamot.... There's a lot of lookers at this recipie to have a run on a flavor like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Bull city and ecig express are both out if bergamot.... There's a lot of lookers at this recipie to have a run on a flavor like that.
Ahhh, bummer! My bottle of Bergamot sat untouched for nearly a year, until I discovered that's the distinctive flavor in Grand Marnier liqueur. I made a mousse from it, too. That absolutely requires FA Bergamot to taste right, but this marg will be fine with FA Mandarin instead. It's the Kaktus that's so knockout here.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh, bummer! My bottle of Bergamot sat untouched for nearly a year, until I discovered that's the distinctive flavor in Grand Marnier liqueur. I made a mousse from it, too. That absolutely requires FA Bergamot to taste right, but this marg will be fine with FA Mandarin instead. It's the Kaktus that's so knockout here.
Well good. The brandy is on it's way and the bergamot is in my wish list. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well done! 1st time tasting kactus. It's even tasty after vaping fa wine champagne...a bit fizzy till the wine leaves the coil. I'm so excited! I mixed a tone tonight! But that Irish lass is my pearl, my diamond!

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Presidential Prickly Pear Margarita: This stars Inawera's awesome Kaktus flavor, the sweet flavor of those red prickly pear cactus fruits. A presidential margarita includes brandy. See the discussion below regarding tequila. Sweet cactus fruit, tart lime juice (Lime Cold Press), sweet orange, a little hint of aromatic bitterness (bergamot) and zippy lime zest (Lime Tahiti) all combine to make this -- WOW, an exceptionally addictive vape!

1% Inawera Kaktus
1% FA Lime Cold Press
0.5% FA Lime Tahiti (or just use more Lime Cold Press if you don't have Tahiti)
1% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Orange
0.5 FA Bergamot (can use FA Mandarin if you don't have Bergamot)

Shake and vape -- you won't have leftovers!

Brandy, Orange, and Bergamot create the flavor of Grand Marnier orange liqueur. If you don't have Bergamot, use FA Mandarin instead for more of a triple sec flavor.

Regarding tequila: The only Tequila flavoring I know is Flavor West Tequila. It adds a lot of throat-hit and nose-sting but the actual flavor is pretty weak and, in my opinion, just not very good. If you want to try it, begin by adding 8% FW Tequila to this recipe. Be prepared to add even more to get clear tequila flavor. I did NOT like it here, but if you like FW Tequila, you will love it with Kaktus. If you want a boozier flavor without using FW Tequila, I highly recommend using extra FA Brandy. It becomes less of a margarita flavor, but it's so delicious, it doesn't matter!
I'm confused about lime cold pressed and Lime Tahiti. I've got Lime Tahiti cold pressed and I can find Lime Tahiti distilled but I can't find lime cold pressed anywhere that doesn't have Tahiti in the name.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm confused about lime cold pressed and Lime Tahiti. I've got Lime Tahiti cold pressed and I can find Lime Tahiti distilled but I can't find lime cold pressed anywhere that doesn't have Tahiti in the name.

The vendor naming system for those two is inconsistent; even FA changed those names at one point.

One thing has remained the same: the one with "cold press" or "cold pressed" in its name is the one that tastes like fresh-squeezed lime juice: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=735 It's a flavoring that literally looks like it contains lime juice - not entirely clear, a little bit yellow/green. If you can get only one lime flavor, this is probably what you want.

The other one: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=734 . Different vendors call this different names, which makes it confusing! But this is never called "cold pressed" that I've seen. This one looks clear and colorless, like water. I think of this one as lime zest.

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The vendor naming system for those two is inconsistent; even FA changed those names at one point.

One thing has remained the same: the one with "cold press" or "cold pressed" in its name is the one that tastes like fresh-squeezed lime juice: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=735 It's a flavoring that literally looks like it contains lime juice - not entirely clear, a little bit yellow/green. If you can get only one lime flavor, this is probably what you want.

The other one: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=734 . Different vendors call this different names, which makes it confusing! But this is never called "cold pressed" that I've seen. This one looks clear and colorless, like water. I think of this one as lime zest.
Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate it. I've got cold pressed but not the distilled. I need to make an order and try this one out.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate it. I've got cold pressed but not the distilled. I need to make an order and try this one out.

You really can use all cold-pressed here. The difference is not enormous; the .5 of the other lime is just a good touch.

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You really can use all cold-pressed here. The difference is not enormous; the .5 of the other lime is just a good touch.
Well I've gotta get kaktus and bergamot anyway. Every time I think I've got a well rounded stockpile of flavors I find something else I've just gotta have.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed this up and Vaped it the same night. It is a very very good mix. Vaped so much I had it running out my nose (there has to be a term for this - vapers nose?).

I accidentally dropped one drop to much of the lime (.03) in a 15ml mix. It was still very good, but I believe it would have been better without he extra lime.

I'm going to hit this mix again after it steeps a few days. I noticed the kaktus mellows out a little after a few days in my kaktus cream.

Great mix HIC!

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I just remembered. When I swapped this out with sunrise cream, the kaktus really hung in the coil of my nautilus. At one point, as it was almost faded away, I could have sworn I could taste watermelon like attributes, maybe even some green apple.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn, now I have to buy two more flavors. This looks too good.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally got around to making this. Didn't have the bergamot or Tahiti and I raised the cold press an additional.5%. That kaktus is so juicy. It just seems to make the vape moist, if that makes sense. it's a very strong flavor but it's perfect in this recipe. Another one for the daily rotation.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I updated this to use FA's new lime and orange flavors. Florida Key Lime works even better with Kaktus than Cold-Pressed did, and the extra sweetness & real juice flavor of Royal Orange (even this tiny bit) makes a big enough difference, it's worth mentioning.

Yep, still using low percents on this one, specifically so it's tasty as a shake-and-vape. If you've never liked Inawera Kaktus fresh before, try this!

VU Sponsors