Become a Patron!

HIC's STRAWBERRY COTTON CANDY (easy)

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just put in another BCV order. Thank goodness I ordered Joy. I know this in sort of an old thread, but I'm looking forward to trying this one out. I ordered a couple strawberries, joy, custard and the like. Oh - cotton candy too. Hopefully I can do a good strawberry joy shake n vape, while some vanilla custard steeps.

GulfVapor

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used TFA Strawberry..it didn't work out as planned.

:D I ordered a bunch of stuff and got it in today and I forgot to order FA strawberry.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried my mix. I mixed by weight on Saturday with 70vg30pg (I get a less scratchy throat). As per many recommendations I went to 4% and strawberry and joy. Unfortunately I did not get a lot of flavor, almost nothing. Still pretty odd result I thought. I am using an ipvd2 with a 0.5 coil in an Atlantis 2 tank. Is this one of those thing that If I drip I should have been good but in a sub ohm tank I should have an 8 to 15 %?

I've seen a lot of other "non HIC" recipes up to 15-25% (of course not all FA so I know it may not be as potent). Is there a rule.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used TFA Strawberry..it didn't work out as planned.

:D I ordered a bunch of stuff and got it in today and I forgot to order FA strawberry.

TFA Strawberry needs to steep for a couple of weeks. I've found it to be really harsh if vaped within the first couple of weeks it's used in a mix. But it starts to level out, the longer it steeps.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This might be one my favorites of the recipes you've posted. I added a smidge of Koolada for fun. Do you think adding a little more of either flavor will hurt the recipe? I know some favors can get a little "flat" in higher quantities. I'm just curious if strawberry or joy would do the same.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you think adding a little more of either flavor will hurt the recipe? I know some favors can get a little "flat" in higher quantities. I'm just curious if strawberry or joy would do the same.

You could easily increase Strawberry to 3-4%, but I'd sneak up on Joy more gradually.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tried 3% of each and 1 drop of Koolada per 10ml. I'm really digging it so far. Next batch I might bump the strawberry up to 4% just for the heck of it. Thanks again!

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did 4% strawberry and 2% Joy with 2 drops of koolada per 30ml. The koolada definitely seems to "brighten it up" a tad. It almost reminds me of the milk leftover after eating Frankenberry cereal. I wonder if a small amount of a cream flavor may pair well here, probably minus the koolada though. Any suggestions for cream, or does it sound like a bad idea? I only have some catalan right now, but I don't know if that would work too well. Vienna or fresh cream, or maybe even some marshmallow? Thanks!!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did 4% strawberry and 2% Joy with 2 drops of koolada per 30ml. The koolada definitely seems to "brighten it up" a tad. It almost reminds me of the milk leftover after eating Frankenberry cereal. I wonder if a small amount of a cream flavor may pair well here, probably minus the koolada though. Any suggestions for cream, or does it sound like a bad idea? I only have some catalan right now, but I don't know if that would work too well. Vienna or fresh cream, or maybe even some marshmallow? Thanks!!

Adding Creams and/or Marshmallow to fruits is pretty common.
You could probably use all 3 in fact.
Don't know if the Catalan would work tho as it's a bit of a different animal and several here don't care for it much, including me.
Quite a few better Creams out there IMO, but most of the good ones have some bad stuff.
Vanillas work with fruits too.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah definitely made 60ml of ry4 nutzilla last night that stuff is so nice lol
Edit: thats at 30/70 though so i gota try work out to try make it 50:50 ;/

happy vaping

I've hunted for RY4 Nutzilla recipe and can't find it. Can you post? Thanks.

JuicyJade

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This sounds great @HeadInClouds

I'm looking to make a basic Strawberry flavor with a splash or two of (i'm thinking maybe?) Vanilla Tahity. I do have all 3 of FA's Vanilla so whatever would work best.. What percentages should I go with? I need the Strawberry to be the Main flavor however. Anyone? Thank you :)

I have many different strawberry flavors as well. Maybe adding a couple different strawberries?

Shanedixon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
shake your flavorings before you measure:

2% FA Strawberry
2% FA Joy

shake and vape

Very, very sweet and very berry, too. These two flavors kind of reverberate off each other. Be aware the vapor smells like a carnival!

(edit Nov 2015: I posted this as a suggested first mix with FA Joy, which was a mysterious new flavor at the time. It still serves as a good taste test if Joy is new to you.)

Hey hic i made this recipe and i cant vape it iv left it for ages to see if that helped im starting to think something is wrong with my concentrates i got from FA i no everyones taste is subjective but it isnt no where near vapeable what are your thoughts ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey hic i made this recipe and i cant vape it iv left it for ages to see if that helped im starting to think something is wrong with my concentrates i got from FA i no everyones taste is subjective but it isnt no where near vapeable what are your thoughts ?

Do you like FA Joy standalone or in other recipes? If it's a flavor you simply don't like, and it's half the recipe, well... Check out the comments above; there's a really wide range of opinions on Joy.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'll add, play with the numbers. I can't vape FA Strawberry any higher than .5% your mileage may vary.

Sometimes, less is more.

Oh boi you just sold this recipe to me in an instant very very sweet and beware smells like a carnival . But am i right to believe it's only 4% flavourings? I'm kinda new to diy so want to make sure. Because 4% seems low to me as mixing 20% mostly with all my ready mixed flavours. Although my black jack i was using only 8%. I did 20% with that stuff on my 1st mix and boi did i choke. If 4% is right then sounds like a cheap as chips vape

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh boi you just sold this recipe to me in an instant very very sweet and beware smells like a carnival . But am i right to believe it's only 4% flavourings? I'm kinda new to diy so want to make sure. Because 4% seems low to me as mixing 20% mostly with all my ready mixed flavours. Although my black jack i was using only 8%. I did 20% with that stuff on my 1st mix and boi did i choke. If 4% is right then sounds like a cheap as chips vape

Yup 4% is all it takes on this one. With FA flavors less is more in most cases.

Sorry think i commented on wrong bit my bad. Meant to post to HIC

shake your flavorings before you measure:

2% FA Strawberry
2% FA Joy

shake and vape

Very, very sweet and very berry, too. These two flavors kind of reverberate off each other. Be aware the vapor smells like a carnival!

(edit Nov 2015: I posted this as a suggested first mix with FA Joy, which was a mysterious new flavor at the time. It still serves as a good taste test if Joy is new to you.)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds good to me. Nice one thanks for the reply

Just so you know, some folks get the taste of stale beer with FA Joy. Luckily not me! Best to buy a small bottle of Joy and just make a small bottle of this recipe to start.

Just so you know, some folks get the taste of stale beer with FA Joy. Luckily not me! Best to buy a small bottle of Joy and just make a small bottle of this recipe to start.
Thanks man. I did see a few negative feedback off it actually. But gotta love what was put by HIC the carnival

I'm hearing a lot about these FA flavours. I really need to get ordering so i can start making this stuff myself.
Got a little shopping list going though

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really wish FA would give a tiny bit better description on their flavours. Some of them are described by a riddle that makes no sense to me! Example (not a factual one either): FlavourArts Black Rose - "A mysterious walk through a fortress leaves you with the taste of supernova". That's the kind of stuff they do lol. Same thing with joy. I bought some to make Wayne Walkers Bronuts recipe. I made one batch with it and one without. I liked the one with no joy honestly. I might try HIC's mix and see if it's better.

Yeah supernova is such a bad description haha gives no taste description at all. But i found joy to have a biscuit taste as described by FA. Just getting loads of biscuit and no strawberry @HeadInClouds. Gonna up the strawberry in my 5ml taster by a % then may try a 1% biscuit next try. I haven't steeped though as it's a shake n vape isn't it?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I really wish FA would give a tiny bit better description on their flavours. Some of them are described by a riddle that makes no sense to me!

Mysterious flavor names & descriptions are my pet peeve! That's why I wrote my own descriptions and tips for mixing FA flavors. It's a 30-page .pdf you can download here: http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html. (Enter a plain 0 (zero) for the price to get it free.) I do get overly-analytical and long-winded, but I figure that's more useful than those FA "unleash your inner child"-type descriptions.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats awesome! I'll definitely check that out! Thanks for taking the time to do all of that and sharing with the community. I know it had to be a long ass process.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't seen this till now. But Ima make it soon. I should try one of each: red touch , and the new juicy.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just wondering how joy would work with juicy strawberry. I’ll be mixing up a bottle his evening.

I know it's an old post, but just made this yesterday. It's so good! To me, it's more crunch berries than cotton candy, but that's just a difference in taste buds. I bought Joy so long ago and it never worked for me, but this is outstanding. A little harsh, but that's what I want for throat hit. Seems to be mellowing after a couple days. FYI Kayfun Lite, 70VG/30PG, 3mg, .8 ohm coil. Thanks so much @HeadInClouds! I'm also excited to get my Juicy Strawberry tomorrow to try your Pink Milk remix!

HoneyGram57

Member For 4 Years
I know this is an old thread but I've been gone a few years. :facepalm:

This is one of those times I wish I'd listened to the wise advice about taste being subjective. After HIC first reviewed JOY it was bought up so quickly there was not a bottle to be found for months! The first supplier to restock it only stocked a 4 oz. bottle which I would never buy without trying a trial size first, But these where desperate times as I've got quite the sweet tooth I REALLY wanted to try this new "sweet" flavoring.
Joy smells like rotten potatoes to me & has the yeasty flavor similar to Vegemite:confused:.
I'm not one to waste money so I refrigerated the flavor & began testing to find something it would shine in.:idea:I've found a use for JOY in donut e liquids; it adds that taste of a freshly fried, slightly greasy, yeast donut which is quite tasty. It would probably work in funnel cakes or pizza recipes also but I haven't gone there yet. To me the flavor fades after 2-3 weeks so in recipes that require a long steeping period I don't add it until the last week of steeping, just as I do with nicotine. ;)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I know this is an old thread but I've been gone a few years. :facepalm:

This is one of those times I wish I'd listened to the wise advice about taste being subjective. After HIC first reviewed JOY it was bought up so quickly there was not a bottle to be found for months! The first supplier to restock it only stocked a 4 oz. bottle which I would never buy without trying a trial size first, But these where desperate times as I've got quite the sweet tooth I REALLY wanted to try this new "sweet" flavoring.
Joy smells like rotten potatoes to me & has the yeasty flavor similar to Vegemite:confused:.
I'm not one to waste money so I refrigerated the flavor & began testing to find something it would shine in.:idea:I've found a use for JOY in donut e liquids; it adds that taste of a freshly fried, slightly greasy, yeast donut which is quite tasty. It would probably work in funnel cakes or pizza recipes also but I haven't gone there yet. To me the flavor fades after 2-3 weeks so in recipes that require a long steeping period I don't add it until the last week of steeping, just as I do with nicotine. ;)
I'm still working (if time allows), on a fried banana recipe.

VU Sponsors