HIC's SWEET SPICED APPLE CIDER

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Sweet Spiced Apple Cider recipe: sweet cider from the barrel, with all the traditional spices. Vape it while you carve the Jack-o-lanterns or wander the corn maze. Notes at the end discuss the ingredients.

1.5% FA Apple
0.75% FA Fuji
0.5% FA Amber
0.5% FA Oakwood
0.5% FA Cinnamon
0.5% TFA Holiday Spice
0.25% NF Ginger
0.25% FA Clove
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Orange

(FA=FlavourArt NF=Nature's Flavors Organic TFA=The Flavor Apprentice)

Shake it and LET IT SIT at least one day before vaping! (Try a little drop on your finger, though - yum!) Those spices need a little time to mature. I'd avoid using speed-heat steeping; just give it a day to sit (bottle closed).

FA Apple and Amber combine to make the ideal base for cider, very realistic. Fuji is a nice crisp touch if you have it, but just add more Apple if you don't. Fuji simply doesn't do cider flavor as as well as Apple does. Several brands of different apple flavors were tested in various combinations, and this combination won hands-down. Amber is the key to make apple juice into cider, so it can't be skipped. Oakwood adds a nice touch of oak barrel flavor and coincidentally makes the mixed recipe look like actual apple cider.

Spices: You'll taste mostly cinnamon, with ginger and clove clearly present, and just a hint of nutmeg from Holiday Spice. If you want to taste nutmeg clearly, use more Holiday Spice; if you can't stand nutmeg, just leave it out. If you can't stand clove, leave it out - but add extra Ginger for an excellent gingered-apple cider. TFA Pumpkin Spice can be used in place of FA Clove for a similar flavor - use the same percentage. Flavor West Ginger can be used if you don't have NF Organic Ginger, but be aware it's a less strong flavoring. If you are a fan of TFA Cinnamon Spice, you can use it in place of FA Cinnamon; use the same percentage. In my opinion, FA's is the most realistic, complete cinnamon flavor.

Jamaican Rum and Brown Sugar Extra sweeten and add deeper notes to balance the apples and spices. If you don't have Brown Sugar Extra, you can skip it and add extra Rum.

Orange isn't totally required, but I sure do recommend it. It complements the Ginger and Rum very well.

I hope you enjoy this cider flavor as much as I do!

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have everything - except Holiday Spice - and they don't have it at EcigExpress, where I have a loaded cart waiting for checkout.....LOL (I love nutmeg, so I'll have to hunt this down).

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gonna be a bit before I can try this unless there is a good place to buy the NF and the Holiday Spice. Two separate orders required.
Do you have a recipe for straight up Sweet Cider that is not spiced?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Gonna be a bit before I can try this unless there is a good place to buy the NF and the Holiday Spice. Two separate orders required.
Do you have a recipe for straight up Sweet Cider that is not spiced?

Dang, thought high desert vapes sold both, but they don't. Looks like there was a run on Ginger at ecigexpress, too. Well - we still have 6 week til Halloween, so at least everything should be in stock somewhere by then!

IMPORTANT!! Don't buy FA Ginger! It uses a vegetable-oil base (as opposed to PG or alcohol) - NOT for vaping: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=926

AyeJay, you could make a non-spiced version! 3 parts Apple, 1 part Fuji (or extra Apple), 1 part Amber is the base plain cider flavor. Every other ingredient you have will make it more interesting, though. 1 part Oakwood for the barrel flavor. 1 part Jamaican Rum and 1 part Brown Sugar Extra for the sweetness. Either of those last two could be replaced with TFA Molasses. Leaving out all the spices will obviously taste much different, but if you start with Apple and Amber, you'll taste cider!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you really work for FA and you come up with these crazy recipes just to make us order more flavors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if so, should get really nice commission checks! If not, FA should at least put HIC on the payroll as a spokesperson for all the great publicity.

This recipe sounds really good so will have to hunt down these missing flavors. I'd love to vape this along side a jar of apple pie, in front of a bonfire.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
no nf ginger no holiday spice lol...... dang it HIC .... lol.... putting in an order tonight

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have two carts going now - one at EcigExpress and one at BullCity where they have the stuff they don't have at Ecig LOL
same here, but one day soon bullcity will have everything all the time lol. I'm sure of it............. damn out of stock on the ginger at ecig. I bet vendors love when HIC post a new recipe. hahaha.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
same here, but one day soon bullcity will have everything all the time lol. I'm sure of it............. damn out of stock on the ginger at ecig. I bet vendors love when HIC post a new recipe. hahaha.

I'm always torn whether to pay 2.99 at Ecig or 3.25 at Bull City for original bottles - sometimes I just get cheap, even though I really like it in the original bottles!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm always torn whether to pay 2.99 at Ecig or 3.25 at Bull City for original bottles - sometimes I just get cheap, even though I really like it in the original bottles!
Don't know why but I love those original bottles too! I'm always checking BC first these days because of that, they're close by, and ship so fast.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ill pay the extra just to be certain. other than FA and VT im a cheapskate. show me some deals !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've been vaping this in one tank, and chocolate cigars in another all day. @wllmc maybe I'll work up the courage to try It's Dark in Fuji. Alternating between a great cider and very chocolate tobacco is so good...

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping this in one tank, and chocolate cigars in another all day. @wllmc maybe I'll work up the courage to try It's Dark in Fuji. Alternating between a great cider and very chocolate tobacco is so good...
that sounds like a great combo. man. wish I was back home already. lol

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to order the flavors that I'm missing and try this one out next weekend. I was talking about an apple cider in another group this morning... yum. Thanks, HIC.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm going to order the flavors that I'm missing and try this one out next weekend. I was talking about an apple cider in another group this morning... yum. Thanks, HIC.

I hope you love it, Mommay! Sure reminds me of autumn.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK. It's mixed. Now the waiting a day part. Mine smells like I added too much orange, or is that normal? It was tough for me to get my ratio's just right for a small batch since the bottles have different sized dropper tips. Apple, Fuji Apple, Orange and Brown Sugar have the needle type (about 45 drops per ml) while the others have the larger type (about 33 drops per ml). I ended up making 12ml all the 0.5% flavors in needle tip I did 3 drops and all the regular tip I used 2. I'll post my results this time tomorrow!! :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Damn, I WANT/NEED a quart of this!

Talk about a favorite flavor profile!!

First on my list after the first of the year when I seriously start to get into to DIY.

To bad there is not an emoticon for drooling available:(

misterD

Member For 4 Years
ECX now has the NF Ginger that I dont have but I was thinking about subbing it with FW ginger or FA cardamon

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OK. It's mixed. Now the waiting a day part. Mine smells like I added too much orange, or is that normal? It was tough for me to get my ratio's just right for a small batch since the bottles have different sized dropper tips. Apple, Fuji Apple, Orange and Brown Sugar have the needle type (about 45 drops per ml) while the others have the larger type (about 33 drops per ml). I ended up making 12ml all the 0.5% flavors in needle tip I did 3 drops and all the regular tip I used 2. I'll post my results this time tomorrow!! :)

Orange settles down quickly, and this recipes changes a lot that first day. Like with real cider, I think the proportions are a little flexible. Unless the proportions are hugely off, a little extra Apple (not Fuji) will tend to make it right, anyway.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Orange settles down quickly, and this recipes changes a lot that first day. Like with real cider, I think the proportions are a little flexible. Unless the proportions are hugely off, a little extra Apple (not Fuji) will tend to make it right, anyway.
I figured it might! I'm gonna give it a full day before I taste. Excited to have it after dinner tomorrow!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
ECX now has the NF Ginger that I dont have but I was thinking about subbing it with FW ginger or FA cardamon

I'd definitely use FW Ginger before I'd stick FA Cardamom in here. (and that's coming from a huge Cardamom fan...)
In fact, if you have no ginger flavor, better off to skip that ingredient than to add Cardamom. It sure wrecked it when I tried!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A real masterpiece HIC!! This is truly vaping excellence! This creative and well thought out mix is just amazing! The experience while vaping it is nothing short of the real thing. You really are a master of complexity and sophistication. My brother is also a huge spiced cider fan and he was very pleased with this as well. Stocking stuffer for sure. My family and I thank for this seasonal favorite!! :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
A real masterpiece HIC!! This is truly vaping excellence! This creative and well thought out mix is just amazing! The experience while vaping it is nothing short of the real thing. You really are a master of complexity and sophistication. My brother is also a huge spiced cider fan and he was very pleased with this as well. Stocking stuffer for sure. My family and I thank for this seasonal favorite!! :)

Thank you for trying it so quickly, Sully! It really is worth collecting all those spices to vape this on those crisp, fall days.
I'd rate this in my top 3 best recipes, and I'm so glad you like it!

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dying to try this. What sources have all of these falflavours please? Anyone? I have none of them.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Dying to try this. What sources have all of these falflavours please? Anyone? I have none of them.

purevapes.com has most of the FA flavors (I don't see Clove listed) but not the other brands.

eliquidmart.com looks like they have all those FA in stock, but they don't carry TFA or NF.

Bullcityvapor.com has all those FA flavors AND the TFA -- but not NF Ginger.

Ecigexpress.com has all the FA flavors AND NF Ginger in stock now. Their 'Signature' Brown Sugar would work, but they don't have Holiday Spice.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC gave a good list. I only needed 3 of the flavors, but no one site had more than 1 of them. 3 orders it was...well worth the extra few $$ to round up the spices, I also picked up some other flavors and supplies while I was at it.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMG I wanted to make this an a couple other things so I placed a nice size order of the sample sizes at Pure Vapes and I forgot the amber. :mad::confused:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMG I wanted to make this an a couple other things so I placed a nice size order of the sample sizes at Pure Vapes and I forgot the amber. :mad::confused:
Contact them on their site or reply to your order confirmation to see if they'll add it. They're easy to work with, generally.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Contact them on their site or reply to your order confirmation to see if they'll add it. They're easy to work with, generally.

Great idea! I just ordered yesterday so it didn't ship yet. Thanks!!

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh my! My tastebuds are doing a happy dance!
This is a very tasty vape!
I made this yesterday (without the ginger, sorry) and I absolutely love it! I keep a pitcher of spiced apple cider made during the holidays and I have to say you really did an awesome job on this.
Thank you for sharing - you are truly an artisan!
Ok, I'll stop gushing now.... :rolleyes:

misterD

Member For 4 Years
so I made a flavors only premix thats missing the orange. only one I have is VZ gourmet sweet orange and I never tasted it on a mix so I'll leave it on the side and add it to the final mix if I retain fitting. have 11 ml of these that is my first complex mix and Im hoping to get something close to JC Apple Cider's that was my very first juice order back on 2009. you're awesome, HIC! thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
so I made a flavors only premix thats missing the orange. only one I have is VZ gourmet sweet orange and I never tasted it on a mix so I'll leave it on the side and add it to the final mix if I retain fitting. have 11 ml of these that is my first complex mix and Im hoping to get something close to JC Apple Cider's that was my very first juice order back on 2009. you're awesome, HIC! thanks!

Don't add that VZ Orange! Even if you use half as much, that flavoring just won't flavor-blend right. Just leave out orange if that's the only one you have.
I never heard of JC's, but I hope you like this one!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't like the look of the original bottles. I can't hardly read what it is. I have to label mine to be able to see what I have at a glance.

I like the color scheme of ecig express the best for reading with weary old eyes

E liquid mart comes in second for me fir easy reading at a couple three feet away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah not a huge fan of the original bottles from a reading the flavor standpoint but they drop so perfectly and so consistently it makes it amazing for mixing by weight!

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally got the shipping update on my NF Ginger, should be here Friday (ordered 4oz directly from them since I couldn't find it in stock anywhere else at the time) lol. Looking forward to making this correctly finally!

MzBadger

Member For 4 Years
I had to order 9 flavors from 2 separate sites to mix this one up but wow... Absolutely worth it!!! Mixed it up a few days back and finally got to tasting it this morning. I don't think I've put it down all day. Thanks HIC!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I had to order 9 flavors from 2 separate sites to mix this one up but wow... Absolutely worth it!!! Mixed it up a few days back and finally got to tasting it this morning. I don't think I've put it down all day. Thanks HIC!!

I'm glad to hear it was worth going on the flavor-hunt! Thanks for letting us know!

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got all the extras I thought* I needed(clove, ginger, amber) was going to start mixing this up and.... WTH!, I don't have FA Apple:mad:

I have Fuji, Apple Pie, TFA Apple and TFA Candy Apple. @HeadInClouds any thoughts on TFA Apple?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I got all the extras I thought* I needed(clove, ginger, amber) was going to start mixing this up and.... WTH!, I don't have FA Apple:mad:

I have Fuji, Apple Pie, TFA Apple and TFA Candy Apple. @HeadInClouds any thoughts on TFA Apple?

I have 8 apple flavors, but TFA Apple isn't one of them. Their description ("Fresh and crisp apple - more sweet than tart") sounds like it could work well here. It has to be a sweet apple; FA Apple is like a Golden Delicious, also more sweet than tart.

Try a tiny batch of TFA Apple at your preferred (full) strength with 0.5% FA Amber added. It should taste like very basic cider just like that. If so, you're good to go. Whatever your standalone percent is for TFA Apple, use half that much here (in place of 1.5% FA Apple). That sounds like it should work. Let us know, okay?

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 8 apple flavors, but TFA Apple isn't one of them. Their description ("Fresh and crisp apple - more sweet than tart") sounds like it could work well here. It has to be a sweet apple; FA Apple is like a Golden Delicious, also more sweet than tart.

Try a tiny batch of TFA Apple at your preferred (full) strength with 0.5% FA Amber added. It should taste like very basic cider just like that. If so, you're good to go. Whatever your standalone percent is for TFA Apple, use half that much here (in place of 1.5% FA Apple). That sounds like it should work. Let us know, okay?

I'll try it out, not sure what it's like either. I think I've only ever used it once and I mixed it with something else. Many thanks, I'll report back.

VU Sponsors