Become a Patron!

HIC's SWEET SPICED APPLE CIDER

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, TFA Apple is really sweet to my taste. ~7% was my max, I just couldn't take any more of that kind of sweetness, the flavor isn't too bad just a little over sweetened IMO. So.. I mixed the cider up using 3% and I'll let it rest for a day before judging. I think it'll be fine with all the other goodies.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed mine up last night. It smells heavenly! If it vapes half as good as it smells (and tastes on my finger), it should be awesome!

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Second batch and steeped it for three days is HeadinClouds' Sweet Spiced Apple Cider. Thanks so much for an amazing recipe. This is by far one of the best eLiquid that I have tried. Many years ago I tried Johnsons' Creek Apple Juice (it was delicious) but I had to throw away the atomizer because their flavors were too overpowering (everything else after that tasted like Apple Juice). Your flavor has great taste and aroma and it is not overpowering.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Second batch and steeped it for three days is HeadinClouds' Sweet Spiced Apple Cider. Thanks so much for an amazing recipe. This is by far one of the best eLiquid that I have tried. Many years ago I tried Johnsons' Creek Apple Juice (it was delicious) but I had to throw away the atomizer because their flavors were too overpowering (everything else after that tasted like Apple Juice). Your flavor has great taste and aroma and it is not overpowering.

Thanks very much, Ozzy! I've never tried Johnsons' Creek, but I'll bet some others here have.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I 'tasted' my brew yesterday and haven't put it down since. It just keeps getting better.... once It's had a chance to steep (afraid it will have to be the next batch - this one will never make it that long), It will rival any apple vape that I've ever tried.BTW- I omitted the rum, since I'm not much on alcohol-like drinks/vapes. As is, it tastes like fresh apple cider. Thanks, HIC.

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
So, questions.. I don't have holiday spice or ginger, but I do have pumpkin spice, which is cinnamon nutmeg AND ginger. Thoughts?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So, questions.. I don't have holiday spice or ginger, but I do have pumpkin spice, which is cinnamon nutmeg AND ginger. Thoughts?

Why not put a drop of each spice flavor you intend to use in a shotglass, add a little bit of water, give it a sniff and a taste. If it's right to you for cider, you're good to go. I test out flavor combinations like that when I don't want to waste nic supplies. You would just want your total spice flavors to add up to the total spice flavors in the recipe. All the FA and TFA spices are about equally strong. (NF Ginger seems stronger than most other spices). Does that help?

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC - I really enjoy it. I have shipped it across the US to a friend in the NW (who said she'd never like it) and she's finished off her bottle, too. That's some mighty good vape-juice. Many thanks!

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I finally made this and it is great thanks HiC. And colleagues at work are keen for some too. I have to do that on the sly because it is illegal give it to them here ( unless thy add their own nic). I did not get Holiday spice, so substituted NF spice. It is very good, but I will always wonder how different it is to yours. I am keen to try your double rainbow soon too.

I did seem to get worse heart burn after this today, and wonder if Apple flavours are the culprit, because I have a vague memory of heartburn after vaping the very first juice I bought, which was also apple. And apple cider and white wine are other culprits that cause it for me too.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I finally made this and it is great thanks HiC. And colleagues at work are keen for some too. I have to do that on the sly because it is illegal give it to them here ( unless thy add their own nic). I did not get Holiday spice, so substituted NF spice. It is very good, but I will always wonder how different it is to yours. I am keen to try your double rainbow soon too.

I did seem to get worse heart burn after this today, and wonder if Apple flavours are the culprit, because I have a vague memory of heartburn after vaping the very first juice I bought, which was also apple. And apple cider and white wine are other culprits that cause it for me too.

@LimeB , would you point me to the NF spice flavor you used? I'm always looking for more spice flavors and don't know that one.

Heartburn...some people DO get heartburn vaping certain flavors. Do real apples and white wine do that to you, too?

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@LimeB , would you point me to the NF spice flavor you used? I'm always looking for more spice flavors and don't know that one.

Heartburn...some people DO get heartburn vaping certain flavors. Do real apples and white wine do that to you, too?
Not real apples. but white wine and champagne can give me or worsen indigestion.

The flavour I used was
Organic Spice by Nature's Flavors 10ml
.Which I got in an order from ECigExpress, but I cannot see it on their site now. There are some spice options on the natures flavors site, so maybe they changed the name? Or discontinued it?

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is a blend , but quite like dutch cinnamon or cassia bark. I just added a squirt to some water and tasted it. It is a litle bit sweet too. The other thin, it may not be so water soluable. It went zipping about on the top of the water like crazy when I added it.

I've been looking for inspiration on a good apple flavor. I'm about to bottle 6 gallons of an apple pie cyser (mead with both apples and honey along with allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon) and this flavor looks like it will complement it really nice. I can't wait to try this, but I'm in need of some of these flavors. I have TFA's Jamaican Rum, but how does it compare to Flavor Art's version? Will it still be suitable for the blend and should I use more/less of it? Or, if it's not recommended, I might as well just add the FA version to my cart.

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been looking for inspiration on a good apple flavor. I'm about to bottle 6 gallons of an apple pie cyser (mead with both apples and honey along with allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon) and this flavor looks like it will complement it really nice. I can't wait to try this, but I'm in need of some of these flavors. I have TFA's Jamaican Rum, but how does it compare to Flavor Art's version? Will it still be suitable for the blend and should I use more/less of it? Or, if it's not recommended, I might as well just add the FA version to my cart.

Seanageddon,

If you're drinking apple mead along with vaping this flavor, the apple tastebuds might become resistant to the flavor. You might want to raise the amount of flavor to 1.5x and maybe even 2x the concentration of it. This is a delicious flavor and if you pair it correctly you can complement it with your cyser.

I just vape mine with Blueberry Mead instead :)

Seanageddon,

If you're drinking apple mead along with vaping this flavor, the apple tastebuds might become resistant to the flavor. You might want to raise the amount of flavor to 1.5x and maybe even 2x the concentration of it. This is a delicious flavor and if you pair it correctly you can complement it with your cyser.

I just vape mine with Blueberry Mead instead :)
Thanks for the advice. I was curious about the overlapping apple flavors, but I'm curious to see how it will play out against fermented apples.
They don't compare. Better to leave out rum entirely than use TFA's instead.
Looks like I'm ordering FA Jamaican Rum. I haven't mixed with TFA's yet, hopefully I can find something for it (unless it's outright bad). Thanks for the info.

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know mead, but I've never had it made with blueberries. I'm intrigued.
I'm glad to contribute as well HeadInClouds, it is actually a Blueberry Melomel Mead.
Ingredients

1 gallon of Distilled or Chlorine free water
5 lbs of Blueberries
2 gallons of Clove Honey
1 Campden Tablet
3 tsp Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp Pectic Enzyme
1 packet of Wine Yeast

Procedure
  1. Sanitize the water by heating to 180°F (bubbling but not boiling). Add the Campden tablet and maintain temperature for 10 minutes. Keep moving the solution constantly to prevent boilover.
  2. Cool water until 70°F or less.Mix in the Pectic Enzyme and Yeast Nutrient.
  3. Move to water to a Sanitized 5 gallon bucket. Add the Honey and the Blueberries and the Yeast.
  4. Seal the bucket and place sanitized airlock.
  5. Forget about it for a month.
  6. Rack (transfer) into another bucket for a month leaving the sedimentation behind. Repeat the racking the next month and leave it for three months.
  7. Bottle, cork and enjoy. If you have enough patience wait three months before opening the bottles.
Makes 19... almost 20 bottles of Mead.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm glad to contribute as well HeadInClouds, it is actually a Blueberry Melomel Mead.
Ingredients

5 lbs of Blueberries
2 gallons of Clove Honey
1 Campden Tablet
3 tsp Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp Pectic Enzyme
1 packet of Wine Yeast

Procedure
  1. Sanitize the water by heating to 180°F (bubbling but not boiling). Add the Campden tablet and maintain temperature for 10 minutes. Keep moving the solution constantly to prevent boilover.
  3. Move to water to a Sanitized 5 gallon bucket. Add the Honey and the Blueberries and the Yeast.
  6. Rack (transfer) into another bucket for a month leaving the sedimentation behind. Repeat the racking the next month and leave it for three months.
  7. Bottle, cork and enjoy. If you have enough patience wait three months before opening the bottles.

Wow! I've never fermented anything other than leftover orange juice, lol. That's an impressive project.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ingredients

5 lbs of Blueberries
2 gallons of Clove Honey
1 Campden Tablet
3 tsp Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp Pectic Enzyme
1 packet of Wine Yeast

Procedure
That sounds awesome Ozzy! How sweet is the finished product?

Sorry HIC, don't mean to derail the thread...

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That sounds awesome Ozzy! How sweet is the finished product?

Sorry HIC, don't mean to derail the thread...

havok333,

It is dry and semi-sweet. I filled ten bottles and put the rest in my 5 gallon keg on Octoberfest. I left the keg to carbonate with 3oz of Sugar for carbonation. On thanksgiving, we enjoyed about two bottles worth of the carbonated one and it came out nice and bubbly with only a slight cloudiness (I racked it three times, unfiltered). On April next year I'll definitely make some more.

Ingredients

5 lbs of Blueberries
2 gallons of Clove Honey
1 Campden Tablet
3 tsp Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp Pectic Enzyme
1 packet of Wine Yeast

Procedure
I've been a lurker here for a while, but glad my first post allowed me to meet a fellow mead maker. My plan is to make a vape flavor per mead. I borrowed a recipe for the mead and looks like I will for the juice to go along with it as well. After this batch, I want to start on my own mead recipes (and already have a growing list of ideas). Providing the juice I make to go along with them turns out well, I'll be posting them here. (However, in a small apartment and the few months it takes for mead, this might take some time).
I took a few sips as I racked my mead tonight, I can't wait. Apparently it's very drinkable after 2-3 weeks in the bottle, but really shines after 6 months. Hell, it was already tasty before bottling - but I do think you're right Ozzy, the apple flavors might clash on the palate. If anything, this recipe will be a great starting place to find something complimentary.

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey HIC, or anyone, is fa cinnamon the cinnamon Ceylon or is that different? I'm rather new to diy, excuse my ignorance please !

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey HIC, or anyone, is fa cinnamon the cinnamon Ceylon or is that different? I'm rather new to diy, excuse my ignorance please !

I believe Flavour Art only has Cinnamon Ceylon, so if you see "Cinnamon (FA)" they probably mean "Cinnamon Ceylon (FA)" :) That's what I assumed anyway. I searched FA to be sure!

I read and follow this Recepy with great pleasure, i will have a try :) except that i can't find Amber, does someone has a link???

Thank you so much, i did email them in Italt if they had Amber and not oil soluble ginger , but they answered that they where not making them.

Its steeping now, and the cider so far is missing out on Fuji, amber and Clove, they probably will arrive after the new year, but i goodn't wait hehehehe
It already smells great and intriguing, its the most complex DIY experiment so far that i have made thank you so much HeadinClouds :)
I will keep you informed, to be continued........

Happy New Year!! And again, thank you so much for this recipe.
With the last three ingredients and a week of steeping, I'm pretty happy with the result :)
I think its better then Oak Barrel Cider, and Nick's Blissfull Cider!!!
I will continue to fiddle and hopefully improving the Cider......

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Happy New Year!! And again, thank you so much for this recipe.
With the last three ingredients and a week of steeping, I'm pretty happy with the result :)
I think its better then Oak Barrel Cider, and Nick's Blissfull Cider!!!
I will continue to fiddle and hopefully improving the Cider......

@Mayeke55 , thank you for posting like you did, updating as you collected flavors. It's like "the continuing saga of Meyeke's cider." I enjoyed following it, and your posts will be useful to someone who looks at the ingredient list and debates whether to collect them all. I hope you'll post about your changes as you make them. I've never tried the cider flavors you mention, but I know they have a following, so thank you!

The next batch i added an extra 0,5 ml Champagne and 0,5 ml green apple.
I want a bit more sparkle and fruityness :)
So far it smells and even more important tastes delicieus !!!! :), Vapes brilliant Big Clouds of my Favorite Apple Cider.
( base is 50/50-ish)
Has anyone have some more idears, like to hear it .....

SpiderMonkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed this up- minus holiday spice and ginger(dont have either)- and finger taste was spot on...YUMMY. Put it away for the night,well maybe I dripped one and SWEET JESUS what a vape. This will be righteous in the morning. Thanks HIC

Ksarrow

Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up second batch, 2oz this time using my new found VT nic. I dropped down from usual 10mg to 8ish as well . I can taste so many new little things in there. Its fresh 80 VG so still need to meld a bit but so many layers here. Also I have fugi in this one instead of TPA Apple.
Off to make up some gingered peaches, just got a pink bubble mailer with new fruits in it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, I mixed this up and vaped it back in May, and I forgot to comment. I was at a family wedding and my mother in law, sister in law, and I enjoyed the Heck out of it. It's an excellent Vape:)

VU Sponsors