Become a Patron!

HIC's TIRAMISU CHEESECAKE (simple)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC's Tiramisu Cheesecake recipe: cheesecake with dark chocolate-espresso flavor

3% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust (must be this, not their plain Cheesecake flavor)
0.5-1% FA Tiramisu

Very simple, very tasty! FA Tiramisu is strong flavoring. Just 0.5% will give you smooth, creamy, dark-chocolate-espresso cheesecake. 1% Tiramisu will produce a bolder, smooth, but less sweet version.

Do not use TFA's plain Cheesecake flavor here. It's entirely different and doesn't go well in this recipe.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is this a shake n vape or does it need to steep?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This was in my daily rotation for MONTHS!! I always liked it right away, but it's also good after it sits a while. What I mean, is, I always made this one in 30mls. It was always good right away, would last a couple weeks, and was really good at that point, too. If you make it, give it a vape after, then decide. I really liked this one a lot. I should make more soon. I'm kinda stuck on another of HIC's, lately, lol.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perfect! I will certainly try it out for sure. What other HIC's are you stuck on lately maybe I will try those out as well :)

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have been vaping this daily for a week now and i gotta say i love it
simple and awesome
thanks HiC , will mix a bigger patch today since the 30ml i made almost gone

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This recipe is the very reason I purchased a 30ml bottle of tiramisu!
Wow. What a powerful bold flavor! A little goes a long long way!
I can see this getting used in a lot of my recipes to come.
HIC, This particular recipe tastes great. Shake and vape for me!

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So 3.5% flavoring will really taste good seems super low? I'm new to diy so I'll take your word on it HIC maybe it's just the brand of flavors I bought

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok fair enough I'll give it a shot...hurry up post office need my fa flavors

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So 3.5% flavoring will really taste good seems super low? I'm new to diy so I'll take your word on it HIC maybe it's just the brand of flavors I bought
3.5 is plenty. Even at 1% that tiramisu pulls through hard. It's a. Very strong flavor
Will probably be better after a steep for all the tiramisu complexities to come out

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U guys putting this in a 50/50 pg/vg mix?

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really...cause I prefer 80/20 that's awesome I hear every one say max vg won't hold flavor unless u steep for a couple weeks so if u two use high vg then that makes me feel better

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

FlavourArt's Tiramisu is one of their strongest flavors! It doesn't matter if you use high PG, high VG, clean nic, spicy nic, no nic - Tiramisu is strong. If you haven't tried it, give the bottle a whiff and see what you're in for. It's really good, but takes a light touch.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FlavourArt's Tiramisu is one of their strongest flavors! It doesn't matter if you use high PG, high VG, clean nic, spicy nic, no nic - Tiramisu is strong. If you haven't tried it, give the bottle a whiff and see what you're in for. It's really good, but takes a light touch.

I can vouch for this, based on my first Hic recipe where I added 0.5% too much Tiramisu. a Tiramisu party, for sure.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
mixed this up last night. i used .5 tiramisu. what a great flavor. had it in my hand all day so far. have to make up some more when i get home

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK..mixed 30 mls and had 5 drops Tiramisu..it ended up with an espresso taste with only a hint of sweetness on the inhale, and the actual tiramisu taste is distant. I don't like my liquid to be overly sweet, so I'm happy with that, but I'd like to have more tiramisu..I'll go down to 3 drops in my next batch.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
.. but I'd like to have more tiramisu..I'll go down to 3 drops in my next batch.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you said, but if you want more tiramisu flavor, add another few drops of Tiramisu. You don't have to wait until the next batch; you could just add it in right now.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I'm not understanding what you said, but if you want more tiramisu flavor, add another few drops of Tiramisu. You don't have to wait until the next batch; you could just add it in right now.

I read somewhere in here that with Tiramisu it will get more bitter as you add more..or did I misunderstand the post?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I read somewhere in here that with Tiramisu it will get more bitter as you add more..or did I misunderstand the post?

If you have 5 drops in 30ml of base, I don't think you're anywhere near the amount that will taste overbearing or bitter. You have about 0.5% there if your dropper is one of the blunt-tipped type - and even less than 0.5% if it's one of the thin plastic tips on FA's latest factory-packaged bottles.

Jackson93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mixed it today. Is it normal that the nicotine is more powerfull with this mix? I mean.. I made it at 3MG which I always do with the same nicotine, but I get much more throathit than normal.

The recipe is nice tho. A nice balanced tiramisu with espresso. The cheesecake is just there to give a solid foundation for the tiramisu. For me it is very, VERY, similar to dragons scape from NJOY artist collection.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I added a few drops to the concoction and HIC was right..the new FA bottles give much smaller drops. It's much better now :) tastes great and it's great with my morning coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Drops per mil from the new bottles, I'd be interested to hear what others are getting.
I'm getting 53-54 per ml from plastic and glass syringes.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just tried it with Temperature control for the first time
ipv4 + lemo 2 = 26 gauge ni200 - 10 wraps on 3mm screwdriver 0.11 ohm 30 joules 400 Fahrenheit
boy this is totally different
way way better for my taste

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
ipv4 + lemo 2 = 26 gauge ni200 - 10 wraps on 3mm screwdriver 0.11 ohm 30 joules 400 Fahrenheit

I have a feeling temperature control will quickly become HUGELY popular for flavor-chasers. It makes sense to me that control over temp would give better control over flavor than just blasting more power (sub-ohming) at it. Thanks very much for listing the numbers that unlocked the best flavor for you!

kevkabby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Can you taste the nickel wire? To me, nickel tastes funny. I cant wait to see kanthol with temp control

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you taste the nickel wire? To me, nickel tastes funny. I cant wait to see kanthol with temp control
Nope
I tried TC before on hb40 and subtank mini and I didn't like it no nickel taste but was not satisfied with the flavor liked kanthal more
On this current setup I am very pleased with the flavor and can no longer enjoy kanthal builds

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
3% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust (must be this, not their plain Cheesecake flavor)
0.5-1% FA Tiramisu
I has just packed up my mixing supplies for the day and then I saw this. Looks easy peasy, I could whip this out in no time and besides I still needed to make a coffee type mix. Of course I have TFA's Tiramisu and the correct cheesecake. What the heck? A quick check at a couple of sites says to use the Tiramisu from 3-5%. Hmmm. So I tried 1%. Whoa, too much. I should have started at 0.5%. I added a couple more drops of the cheesecake and changed the calculator to start at 0.5%. The Tiramisu is now tamed, but I didn't taste any of the cheesecake. I stuck a label on it and put it away for a couple of days.
Now what? Half my stuff is out. One more based on this recipe.
Cheesecake Graham Crust TFA - 4%
Tiramisu TFA - 1% (now I have other flavors going in, so 1% should be good)
Cinnamon FA - 1.5%
Chocolate FA - 3%
Cocoa FA - 1.5%
Catalan Cream FA - 2%
The test vape was just ok. I placed with the other one to give it some time. At least it looks yummy. haha

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I has just packed up my mixing supplies for the day and then I saw this. Looks easy peasy, I could whip this out in no time and besides I still needed to make a coffee type mix. Of course I have TFA's Tiramisu and the correct cheesecake. What the heck? A quick check at a couple of sites says to use the Tiramisu from 3-5%. Hmmm. So I tried 1%. Whoa, too much. I should have started at 0.5%. I added a couple more drops of the cheesecake and changed the calculator to start at 0.5%. The Tiramisu is now tamed, but I didn't taste any of the cheesecake. I stuck a label on it and put it away for a couple of days.
Now what? Half my stuff is out. One more based on this recipe.
Cheesecake Graham Crust TFA - 4%
Tiramisu TFA - 1% (now I have other flavors going in, so 1% should be good)
Cinnamon FA - 1.5%
Chocolate FA - 3%
Cocoa FA - 1.5%
Catalan Cream FA - 2%
The test vape was just ok. I placed with the other one to give it some time. At least it looks yummy. haha
I am not sure but cinnamon is too much at 1.5%
As far as I know if you vape it much you will lose feeling of your tongue
That's what I have heard

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When you run out of TFA's version, I hope you'll give FA's a try to compare. I think you'll prefer it!
In my early months of flavor shopping I did go hog wild with TFA, FW and too many goofy INW flavors. :oops:
I have learned so much since joining VU and studying you (hey that rhymes, hehe). I once just had a few FA flavors, now they have taken over 1 rack out of 4 of my most used flavors, plus a few more in a bag because the bottles don't fit in the racks.
Some sort of squat tubby bottles I got with an order from Mama J's. I don't care that they don't fit in my racks as they are flavors that won't last very long and will be replaced with full size bottles which will fit in the racks. Generally 10 ml or less fits. The 5 ml Tasty Puff bottles do not fit.:(
I also have a box for Tasty Puff, Capella, Mt Baker Vapor's 15 ml flavors and little used flavors that are basically one step away from being tossed.The box will soon be for flavors pushed out by more FA flavors claiming more rack space.

The TFA's Tiramisu seems to work better as a coffee boost then a real Tiramisu flavor.I will add FA's Tiramisu to my growing list.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just trying this after around a 3 week steep and it's not bad at all considering I'm not partial to coffee or chocolate juice the least bit. I tried tiramisu as a stand alone and couldn't vape it. I bought FA tiramisu because of all the great reviews even though I could never vape this type of flavor before. I'll have to try some of HIC's other tiramisu recipes that include more creams just to tone down the strong flavor. I mixed at .5% and this stuff is strong. Thanks HIC for bringing a new flavor profile into my vaping experience. Now I can see that this flavor will get some good use. If I hadn't tried this simple recipe my bottle of tiramisu would just collect dust.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finally decided to take the DIY plunge for the heck of it. I just mixed this one up 80/20, and gave it a good shake. Holy crap is it tasty! Now I need to order a bunch more flavors to try some some others. Thanks for the share, I think I'm hooked on DIY!

HIC's Tiramisu Cheesecake recipe: cheesecake with dark chocolate-espresso flavor

0.5-1% FA Tiramisu

Very simple, very tasty! FA Tiramisu is strong flavoring. Just 0.5% will give you smooth, creamy, dark-chocolate-espresso cheesecake. 1% Tiramisu will produce a bolder, smooth, but less sweet version.

Do not use TFA's plain Cheesecake flavor here. It's entirely different and doesn't go well in this recipe.
I have CAP NY Cheesecake and CAP Graham Cracker V2, as well as FA Tiramisu. Can you suggest percentages to substitute the Capella flavours for the TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust? I'd like to use flavours 'on hand' before replacing them...if possible. Thanks.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have CAP NY Cheesecake and CAP Graham Cracker V2, as well as FA Tiramisu. Can you suggest percentages to substitute the Capella flavours for the TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust? I'd like to use flavours 'on hand' before replacing them...if possible. Thanks.

I'd start with 2% NY Cheesecake + 1% Graham + 0.5% Tiramisu.
Or 1% NY Cheesecake + 2% Graham +0.5% Tiramisu
At least until you find your "sweet spot" for these 3.

VU Sponsors