Become a Patron!

HIC's TIRAMISU WITH NONNA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Mmmm-yummm! You know that little bit of vanilla cake flavor in Tiramisu? If you've wished there were more of it, and you like sweet mocha flavors, try this.

3% FA Nonna's Cake
1% FA Tiramisu
1% FA Jamaican Rum

Very simple recipe, but so flavorful! Right after mixing, it's smooth and sweet tiramisu with extra vanilla. It takes a couple-few days for the cake flavor to fully develop, and man is it rich. Lots of thick creaminess here for coffee fans, and no need for sweeteners. :)

Last edited:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhoh it's pretty bad that I don't have any of those flavors. Will put in a order when nc shows up stateside.
Has anyone seen it anywhere yet?

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where is nonna available? Didn't see it at ECX when I placed an order last night. :(

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Give me a break! I just need the Nonna Cake! :) I haven't found it yet either. I hope it'll be available in the US soon.

Two things in my favour here - 1, I'm British so can get this straight away (sorry) and 2, Never had a bad HIC recipe yet. Big fan of Italian Lemon Cream Soda and Hazelnut Caramel Coffee and Hawaiian Coffee and Heart of Andes and, and...... you get the idea.

Thanks HIC for pushing the boundaries. Much appreciated.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mmmm-yummm! You know that little bit of vanilla cake flavor in Tiramisu? If you've wished there were more of it, and you like sweet mocha flavors, try this when you get FA's new Nonna Cake flavor.

3% FA Nonna Cake
1% FA Tiramisu
1% FA Jamaican Rum

Very simple recipe, but so flavorful! Right after mixing, it's smooth and sweet tiramisu with extra vanilla. It takes a couple-few days for the cake flavor to fully develop, and man is it rich. Lots of thick creaminess here for coffee fans, and no need for sweeteners. :)
I never saw this new flavor , where is it at . I just made two big orders from wizard labs , bullcity ..
Well I guess I didn't read enough it's not here yet

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For those awaiting in the States for Nonnas cake, from a man in the UK.....hahahaha, kidding. Really enjoying some of the new FA flavours, Monsoon I absolutely love as a standalone, unfortuantely for me at least it just doesnt seem to mix well with anything. I have only tried Nonnas cake on its own @ 4% so far and I get the feeling this is going to be used in a hell of a lot of recipes, as though not mixed with it yet, I think unlike the monsoon it will be really versatile. For my taste buds, there is a cake element to it but though I see FA describe it as an ideal cake base, its a super deep vanilla custard tart flavour. can see this in loads of bakery, cake, custard and cream recipes for example. Intrigued by the recipe posted by HIC here. I think Im one of the few who doesnt really get tiramisu, as I have only really got the coffee flavour out of it with very mild choclate hints. I wonder if this recipe will make tiramisu taste like tiramisu to the people like me who arent really tasting tiramisu, will have to give this one a try.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wow - their shipping is outrageous for small orders!

With the cost of the 15ml size Nonna being $4.78, with shipping my cost would come out to $10.90

OSDIY did state:

"We got this flavor in special, the price will go down once our normal supplier has it in stock for us.
This price is at cost."

As of my posting here, the site said they had 47 left in stock.

Ron
---
"With the shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crud - a coupon code? Too late, I ordered it and paid the $6 shipping LOL All because mine has been stuck in customs in Los Angeles for a week....grrr...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I was thinking too. Another forum member ordered a 100ml bottle from England. It went through customs in either Chicago or New York on the 26th and hasn't tracked since. Six bucks tonight tells me I'll likely see mine by Saturday anyway, so it doesn't seem so bad as the exorbitant shipping from the UK with the added mystery.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I was thinking too. Another forum member ordered a 100ml bottle from England. It went through customs in either Chicago or New York on the 26th and hasn't tracked since. Six bucks tonight tells me I'll likely see mine by Saturday anyway, so it doesn't seem so bad as the exorbitant shipping from the UK with the added mystery.
Yes I also have an order from FT that's been stuck in Los Angeles for a week - just 30 miles away from me, so frustrating LOL

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A mere 30 miles away would have me furious!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Six bucks tonight tells me I'll likely see mine by Saturday anyway, so it doesn't seem so bad as the exorbitant shipping from the UK with the added mystery.

I think I can solve some of the mystery!

I just learned part of the fleet (solely tasked with carrying your U.K. order) hit headwinds during the crossing and will be delayed until Tuesday.

01 - 6h9Jwc0.jpg

Glad I could help!

Ron
------
'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble. Hunter S. Thompson

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But the delayed orders are on US soil. At this point, it's our predictably inept postal system to blame.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But the delayed orders are on US soil. At this point, it's our predictably inept postal system to blame.

Yes...I guess that's true.

Sometimes the anticipation can be dreadful. With so many things I have now to mix & vape, I'm thinking I'll wait for Bull City to sort things out and offer Nonna for sale...

Maybe the FA White Truffle I've been waiting for will come in at the same time! :D

Ron
---
"To our valued customers, We will be moving into a new facility this Thursday March 3rd through Sunday March 6th. We will try to make this move with as little downtime in shipping as possible. There may be some shipping delays but we will be fully operational once again on Monday March 7th. Thanks you for your understanding and continued support. "~ The Bull City Team

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than pizza, what would one use white truffle for? Just curious...

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Other than pizza, what would one use white truffle for? Just curious...

With the FA Saffron I now have in my Risotto alla Milanese con portobello (food) recipe. It would add depth of flavor and complexity.

Risotto-alla-milanese-50689-2-682x1024.jpg

(With added mushrooms too! ;))

There's also white truffle oil I might try to duplicate. Depends on the FA flavor...I guess.

Ron
---
"I look at things around me and get all kinds of inspiration daily."- Martha Stewart

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, wasn't thinking outside the vape box....lol!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, wasn't thinking outside the vape box....lol!

Not reason to be sorry at all!

After all, I'm probably the first and only person in the universe to consider any FA flavor for use in such a mundane purpose as...food! :D

Ron
---
"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."- Kurt Vonnegut

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been known to spike my coffee. ;)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been known to spike my coffee. ;)

In order to determine utilization of a flavor for juice mixing, I believe a well rounded and intense evaluation is always a good idea. :)

Sometimes I encounter a flavor I find unsuitable for my vaping purposes and try it in food/beverage preparations. For example, such is the case with the INW Blueberry I have (AKA Czarne Jagody) Unfortunately, in this case the properties I found distasteful in vaping it carried over to my blueberry muffins also.

My next step for that flavor will be 3rd party evaluation. I'll sprinkle it on some nearby forest plants in the hope it might fool the local deer and attract them away from chomping on my home garden.

Ron
---
"The proper method for inquiring after the properties of things is to deduce them from experiments."- Isaac Newton

I'll definitely have to try this recipie out when my Nonna's Cake gets here Monday. This reminds me a lot of joesphaa's tiramisu recipie from the r/DIY_Ejuice monthly recipie thread (FEB)in which he uses FA Jamaican Rum... Easily the best tiramisu recipie that I've vaped here's a link if any of you guys want to try it https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/43r9ox/february_2016_recipe_thread/ I've only ever had actual tiramisu one time and I didn't pick up on the rum, so I never would have thought to add it to the vape version.... Now everybody is doing it!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome!

There are a lot of different actual tiramisu recipes. Some have rum...some do not. Experiencing many various tiramisu recipes is highly recommended! :D

WARNING: Excessive consumption of tiramisu may cause evil pixies to come to your home late at night and shrink all your clothes.

Ron
---
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."- Hunter S. Thompson

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Irish Cream, and Brandy, not Jamaican Rum. Can I substitute?

they are actually all pretty distinct flavors so don't think they would sub well ... either 'might' be tasty tho .. but i'd just wait till you can grab that flavor

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have Irish Cream, and Brandy, not Jamaican Rum. Can I substitute?

I wouldn't use Brandy - it's not sweet & just too boozy for this.

I'd vape it with Irish Cream instead of Rum. Why not give it a try if it sounds good to you?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh my!
Just loaded this up in an old dripper @ 33/3 rpm.
Tiramisu Cream might struggle to see the light of day for a while

So this sounds amazing. So when tou say, next time someone gets them, they post on here? I qant all 3 of those flavors

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ecigexpress should have all of em in stock. I bought my Nonn's there a few weeks ago

mecocina

Member For 4 Years
Just got mine Wednesday, 30mls and love the smell! Not a fan of tiramisu (dessert ) but I'm willing to give it a try.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ordered Jamaican Rum, can't wait to try this one.

Good move! Vanilla Bourbon is a vanilla extract type flavor, not a boozy flavor. Both are great for mixing, but not at all interchangeable in my opinion.

VU Sponsors