HIC's VANILLA CHAI LATTE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Vanilla Chai Latte recipe: rich, smooth, sweet, creamy vanilla chai latte, lightly-spiced. Flavorings are all FlavourArt.

1% - 2% FA Black Tea (from barely there to definite tea)
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti (other FA vanillas will also work)
0.5% FA Cardamom
0.5% FA Cinnamon
0.5% FA Anise
0.5% FA Clove
** 0.15% FA Honey - measure carefully, but definitely include it! **

** Easy way to measure FA Honey: make a small batch of 10% FA Honey with your usual nic base; use that at 1.5% in this recipe. FA Honey is exceptionally strong, but excellent when used very lightly. Keep that 10% FA Honey bottle with your flavorings to use whenever you need a little honey flavor.

You get a hint of sweet honey with lots of creamy, sweet vanilla. The spices and tea blend to create a great chai background flavor. Rich, sweet, yum!

Shake 'n vape!

note regarding your nic base: the smoother your nic base, the MORE Black Tea flavoring you should use! If you're using VT nic, I suggest 2-3% Black Tea in this recipe.

Last edited:

torminous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Honey is one of the few flavors I do not have. Any recommendations on replacing it with something else?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oooh, finally a use for my black tea - definitely on my list for today!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
hey @AmandaD you're definitely going to want this one doubled or 50% higher, if Ginger Lemon Cream seems light to you.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FA Honey is one of the few flavors I do not have. Any recommendations on replacing it with something else?

Do you have any other honey flavor? If so, keep it just a super-tiny bit, and it should work fine.

torminous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't :/ I've just read to many horror stories on "honey" flavors to purchase them. I'll definitely have to put it on my list to buy.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't :/ I've just read to many horror stories on "honey" flavors to purchase them. I'll definitely have to put it on my list to buy.

They all tend to be very strong flavors and unpleasant when overdone. If you don't have wide use for a honey flavor, I wouldn't get it for just one recipe. Try it with no honey?

torminous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm slowly buying all the FA flavors at around 80%. Still pretty new at DIY, but really enjoy your recipes. I intend to make it without for the time being.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was to double the recipe should I take the tea to 4% or is the 2 you already put down the double?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If I was to double the recipe should I take the tea to 4% or is the 2 you already put down the double?

I would double the 1% to 2%. Black Tea at 4% is probably more than most people could enjoy - it's strong!

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cannot find the FA Cardamom on ecigexpress is there somewhere else I can find it or a substitute they carry that I could use for this recipe?

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
which vendors do you prefer to purchase from primarily, I will get them bookmarked so I do not have to post on all the posts where I can not find stuff, I have a friend who makes nearly all of your recipes and I can not say that I have tried a bad one yet so decided I should start making them myself :) I have a few favorites....well like 10 lol but trying to find all the goods now to get me an order placed so that I can start experimenting :). Also I saw a post somewhere where you sell your recipes? are all your recipes here or do some of them have to be purchased? If some have to be purchased I do not mind at all purchasing some of them as you have contributed so much to the DIYers it would be the least that I could do.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
which vendors do you prefer to purchase from primarily, I will get them bookmarked so I do not have to post on all the posts where I can not find stuff, I have a friend who makes nearly all of your recipes and I can not say that I have tried a bad one yet so decided I should start making them myself :) I have a few favorites....well like 10 lol but trying to find all the goods now to get me an order placed so that I can start experimenting :). Also I saw a post somewhere where you sell your recipes? are all your recipes here or do some of them have to be purchased? If some have to be purchased I do not mind at all purchasing some of them as you have contributed so much to the DIYers it would be the least that I could do.

If I needed any FA flavors, mamaj's would be my first stop. I'd happily hit Bullcityvapor for anything out of stock, or eliquidmart. Ecigexpress has great sales, and purevapes often has stock when others are out. rtsvapes, too.

Since you asked, I'm allowed to say my store is here: https://gumroad.com/hic . Since January or so all my recipes go only there, except an occasional one I post here instead. My public recipes are all in these VU threads with names beginning "HIC's..." There's lots to keep you busy if you've only had 10! :)

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whats the best vanills to use other then tahiti

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In your opinion HIC, how much would this recipe suffer without the Cardamom, Cinnamon, and Clove? A lot maybe? Also, would FA Catalan Cream be a suitable replacement for the Vienna Cream?

I'm wondering if a small amount of a spicy tobacco flavoring might adequately stand in place for the three "spicy" flavors mentioned above.

Also, the requisite muchos gracias for all of the flavor recipes and recipes you've posted to this forum. I just received a decent-sized order of FA flavors based largely on your reviews, which made the shopping experience sooo much easier.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
In your opinion HIC, how much would this recipe suffer without the Cardamom, Cinnamon, and Clove? A lot maybe? Also, would FA Catalan Cream be a suitable replacement for the Vienna Cream?

I'm wondering if a small amount of a spicy tobacco flavoring might adequately stand in place for the three "spicy" flavors mentioned above.

Also, the requisite muchos gracias for all of the flavor recipes and recipes you've posted to this forum. I just received a decent-sized order of FA flavors based largely on your reviews, which made the shopping experience sooo much easier.

Catalan Cream would definitely work fine in place of Vienna. It'll add a little citrus, a little vanilla, a little caramel and a tiny bit of spice.
But I think it wouldn't be a chai at least Cardamom and probably Cinnamon. You could leave out Clove, for sure, and even Anise if you don't like it.
In my opinion, it's Cardamom that turns tea into chai - every real Indian chai I've tasted has some, and the rest of the spices vary. Got Black Pepper? lol

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha black pepper. Is adding "found in the kitchen" ingredients something that mix masters really do? Either answer wouldn't surprise me. lol

Thanks for the break down! Makes sense. Rechecking your review of Cardamom, now I remember wanting to pick up Cardamom but that ecigexpress didn't have it in stock when I placed my order. It's pretty pricey from mamaj's though, so not sure I would have bit anyways. Plenty of other mixes to try out in the meantime.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
haha black pepper. Is adding "found in the kitchen" ingredients something that mix masters really do? Either answer wouldn't surprise me. lol

Thanks for the break down! Makes sense. Rechecking your review of Cardamom, now I remember wanting to pick up Cardamom but that ecigexpress didn't have it in stock when I placed my order. It's pretty pricey from mamaj's though, so not sure I would have bit anyways. Plenty of other mixes to try out in the meantime.

Cardamom is $1.50 there: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/search.php?search_query=cardamom&Search=
Real Indian chai does often include black pepper. It's a warm flavor that tastes better than you'd think in vapes, too. It's not at all harsh. It sounded weird to me until I tried it.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cardamom is $1.50 there: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/search.php?search_query=cardamom&Search=
Real Indian chai does often include black pepper. It's a warm flavor that tastes better than you'd think in vapes, too. It's not at all harsh. It sounded weird to me until I tried it.

Ahhh, I'm in Mexico and didn't realize that site was showing the price in pesos. I was like, "$23.07 for 3 ml of flavoring??? WTF?!" lol

Well, I'll definitely add it to my list. I'm especially excited by the recommendation in your notes thread to try adding it to different fruit mixes. I tend to get tired of straight fruit flavors pretty quickly, so cardamon sounds like a good way to add some complexity.

Hey HeadinClouds, Im going to take your advice and mix up the honey at 10% to use for the .15 honey. So if I make a 5ml bottle of 10% honey. What would the honey in the eliquid equal as a percent? (How many drops of the honey mixed up in the eliquid form would I use to make a 30ml bottle?)

Thanks So Much For your Help!!
I'm not the best at math :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HeadinClouds, Im going to take your advice and mix up the honey at 10% to use for the .15 honey. So if I make a 5ml bottle of 10% honey. What would the honey in the eliquid equal as a percent? (How many drops of the honey mixed up in the eliquid form would I use to make a 30ml bottle?)

Thanks So Much For your Help!!
I'm not the best at math :)

You just move the decimal point.
To get 0.15% Honey, use 1.5% of your diluted honey.

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Really enjoyed this recipe. Next time around I'm going to try it with some NF Ginger and FA Black Pepper to spice it up a bit more.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Really enjoyed this recipe. Next time around I'm going to try it with some NF Ginger and FA Black Pepper to spice it up a bit more.

Yessss! Someone else willing to vape Black Pepper! I'd use it at 0.5% and Ginger maybe just .25% in this recipe. That'd be really authentic Indian flavor.

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Yessss! Someone else willing to vape Black Pepper! I'd use it at 0.5% and Ginger maybe just .25% in this recipe. That'd be really authentic Indian flavor.
Absolutely! I had a very spicy chai vape once that I loved- the pepper and ginger ought to kick it up a notch!

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years

Just tried this with Black Pepper and Ginger at these recommended percentages. Even at 0.5%, the black pepper overpowers the mix- I'm thinking 0.1% or 0.2% would be more appropriate so the other flavors still come through.

VU Sponsors