Become a Patron!

HIC's VANILLA-LIME CHEESECAKE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC's Vanilla-Lime Cheesecake recipe: smooth and creamy, with a graham-cracker crust

2% TFA The Flavor Apprentice Cheesecake Graham Crust (not their plain Cheesecake flavor!)
1% FA FlavourArt Vienna Cream
0.5-1% FA FlavourArt Lime Cold-Pressed (not their Lime Tahiti)

Shake 'n vape, or let it sit a day for maximum smooothness.

(this is going to be light flavor; if you want stronger flavoring, just double it)

Last edited:
Hi HIC, found you on this forum and have been checking out your recipes and find them quite unique, indeed! Just got into DYI about a month ago and am now a mad mixologist! Anyway, my question is: I do not have FA Cheesecake Graham Crust, but do have Capella New York Cheesecake as well as LorAnn Cheesecake and I also have Flavor West Graham Cracker. Do you think I can mix either of these cheesecake flavors and the graham cracker to achieve something close to FA Cheesecake Graham Crust? If so, what percentage of each do you think would be a good starting point? Thanks for any advice...still learning the art of DYI.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi Jako,

FA (FlavourArt) doesn't make a cheesecake flavor, so here I use TFA's (The Flavor Apprentice) Cheesecake Graham Crust. It works great in this recipe because of the little hint of coconut in it. FA Vienna Cream and lime flavors are stronger concentrates, and they make the main flavor here.

I think Capella's NY Cheesecake could sub right in for TFA's and would try the same percentage. That Capella's flavor likely includes some diacetyl (at least until they release a reformulated 'v2' version), just fyi.

If you like Flavor West's Graham Cracker, just get the rest right before you add any. Even though it's kind of weak, I'd start low adding it, unless you like heaps of crust with cheesecake. Personally, I'd leave it out - both because of how it tastes and because I suspect it has a lot of diacetyl.

I haven't tried LorAnn Cheesecake, so no advice or opinion there.

One other cheesecake idea is to make your own custom cheesecake flavoring 'from scratch' and use 2% of that here. You could mix it with gingersnap cookies for a cookie crust that would be great with lime. That would take some big effort, though. OR you could take the easy route, like I did.

(I just edited the recipe here to add the abbreviations for manufacturers)

Last edited:
Thanks, HIC. I have the V2 of the Capella Cheesecake flavoring...so I understand that there is no diacetyl contained in this one. But I do thank you for your concern regarding the potential danger of flavorings that contain diacetyl. Going to try mixing up a batch of the base you recommended and then proceed from there. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for the tips!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just tried this recipie (thanks Hic)..

I found it to be pretty light. Faint taste of the flavors, but they are all there.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jako, I find that I don't get enough graham cracker with the capella's. If you are using it I would suggest using maybe .5 of TFA or Cap graham cracker if you have it, in addition to the other flavors.

@HeadInClouds - I have Flavor West Graham Cracker so I will give a go with that one at .5%. I tried this in another recipe and found it to be pretty strong so I think going small on this at first is my best bet. Thanks so much for all your tips...it's a bit overwhelming at first when you are starting out...hard to determine what percentages work well with each other, but I guess that will come with experience as I get familiar with the flavors I have to work with. Only been at this a month and I already have well over 50 flavors to work with! This is so addicting...LOL!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to stop mixing up juice very fast and dripping it on a fresh piece of cotton and testing it and then making my mind up at that very moment. I just tried this juice again and it is incredible.

I have been vaping this since yesterday afternoon and the balance is perfect. The taste is so great. Thanks again for another fantastic juice. I have mixed up 120 mill batch of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arnie H

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC is there a central repository for your recipes on a recipe or calculator site or in a text file? I'd like to view them all quickly without having to do a forum search or similiar. Thanks, keep up the good work.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC is there a central repository for your recipes on a recipe or calculator site or in a text file? I'd like to view them all quickly without having to do a forum search or similiar. Thanks, keep up the good work.

I keep all of my stuff here on Vapingunderground, Arnie. That way all changes, people's comments/suggestions/variations, and explanations are all in one place. The 'Search' feature here works a lot better than other sites I've used. You can specify words in titles or posts, and optionally limit it to one or more member names.

Of course I keep a (local) copy of my stuff for backup. And I have a separate text file for other people's recipes I like or want to try. I just copy/paste right into my local text file.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How did I not mix this up? Too many notes of recipes, and it got lost LOL Going to try this one today!
This has been my ADV for a couple days. It even gets "gooder" over a little time. Even after a 4 hr jacuzzi ...

My sample mix fell on the floor and I forgot about It.... After a few days I picked it up and re vaped it.

I was blown away yesterday and remixed some bigger bottles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a winner! :D

I upped the cheesecake to 3% but left the rest as is. Yummy!
I can't wait to find out how much better it gets in a day or 2.... if it lasts that long.
Thanks HIC!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi...can I substitute FA to TFA? Can't get FA where im from.

TFA Key Lime is a fine substitute for FA Lime Cold-Press
They don't have anything just like Vienna Cream, but you could try TFA Bavarian Cream.
You'll get the same general flavor.

Where are you? FlavourArt ships all over the world if you buy direct, and their shipping to countries I've checked on has been quite reasonable. Load a few things in the cart and check their shipping to your location: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=15

Thanks a lot HIC!! Will try to find the flavors here.

I'm from Malaysia. There are few distributors for TFA here. Couldn't find FA. Cost wise, TFA wins. Thanks again HIC!

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FWIW, I mixed this up with TFA Key Lime and really like it. I also upped the Cheesecake Graham:

4% TFA Key Lime
3% TFA The Flavor Apprentice Cheesecake Graham Crust (not their plain Cheesecake flavor!)
1% FA FlavourArt Vienna Cream

The lime seems to fade after a day or so, or perhaps it's my taste buds shutting out the lime flavor. Either way, it's still a pretty tasty flavor!

torminous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you exchange Cap NY Cheesecakefor TFA Cheesecake graham cracker.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I would guess you can, I find these two flavors pretty similar. My theory is, use what you got.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I think any cheesecake, lime, and creamy vanilla flavors you like can make a fine combination. Of course it'll taste different! Each brand has its own flavor, especially with cheesecake. I chose the TFA version (I do have that CAP version) for this recipe for two reasons: the slight coconut background goes so well with lime, and that great graham bit adds a good deep note.

torminous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This might be a little off topic, but how do you refine your taste to recognize hints of coconut?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This might be a little off topic, but how do you refine your taste to recognize hints of coconut?

I taste coconut in TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust when vaping it standalone. If you vape it at your preferred strength (maybe more than my 8% standalone percent), you can probably taste a little coconut. If you then add a tiny hint of any lime flavor (TFA Key Lime will work fine), the coconut stands out a little more. You can kind of work up on the lime and see where coconut gets strongest.

It's a really cool flavor for other "special effects," too. It does great things with FA's Cocoa, Chocolate, and Irish Cream flavors.
My Irish Mocha recipe uses it to turn those FA flavors (and Vienna Cream) into hot chocolate. It's the only cheesecake flavor I know that can do that - yet not add any cheese-y flavor.

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just mixed this one up finally. From the initial flavor on fresh cotton, I think I am *really* going to like this one in a few days. @HeadInClouds, what would you think of adding 1% vanilla bourbon and say .5% cookie to get a key lime pie a la mode?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just mixed this one up finally. From the initial flavor on fresh cotton, I think I am *really* going to like this one in a few days. @HeadInClouds, what would you think of adding 1% vanilla bourbon and say .5% cookie to get a key lime pie a la mode?

Sure, why not. If you have FA Vanilla Tahiti, its cherry-almond note and extra sweetness might be good instead.

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sure, why not. If you have FA Vanilla Tahiti, its cherry-almond note and extra sweetness might be good instead.
Speak of the devil, I just ordered Vanilla Tahiti today from ECX. Eliquidmart and Bull City didn't have it in stock when I ordered from them.

Any other thoughts? I do like the taste of cookie standalone so I thought it might be tasty in this for a little baked crust flavor.

I know this is an old thread but I don't have Lime in my collection and was wondering if using FA Lemon Sicily would work and make it a Vanilla-Lemon Cheesecake ? :

FA COFFEE ESPRESSO 2ML
TFA RIPE STRAWBERRY 15ML
TFA VANILLA CUSTARD 7ML
TFA CITRUS PUNCH 3ML
TFA GRAHAM CHEESECAKE GRAHAM CRUST 15ML
FA GRAPE CONCORDE 10ML
FA MANGO 5ML
CAPELLA CINNAMON DANISH SWIRL 5ML
FA LYCHEE 1/2ML
FA BLUEBERRY 10ML
FA CUSTARD PI 1/2ML
FA CHERRY BEE 10ML
FA PEACH 7/8ML
FA UBER MENTHOL 9ML
FA VANILLA BOURBON 4ML
FA RY4 LEGEND 6ML
FA COCOA 2/3ML
FA WHITE PEACH 10ML
FA CUSTARD 1.5ML
FA VANILLA CLASSIC 4ML
FA IRISH CREAM 9ML
FA ORANGE 9ML
FA PINEAPPLE 9ML
FA TUTTI FRUTTI 9ML
FA HONEY 9ML
FA LEMON SICILIY 5ML
FA CATALAN CREAM 4/5ML
FA HAZELNUT 2ML
FA PEAR 9ML
FA COCONUT 5ML
FA CINNAMON CEYLON 9ML
FA STRAWBERRY 1ML
FA ALMOND 8ML
FA CANDYFLOSS 5ML
FA MANDARIN 4ML
FA VIENNA CREAM 3ML
FA KINGSTON KICK 4ML
FA BANNANA 5ML
FA CHERRY 8ML
FA JAMAICAN RUM 3ML

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's my concentrate collection by the way, didnt mean to post it but any suggestions on substitutes ?

Many Many thanks :)

Not sure but I think the Citrus Punch is a Lemon/Lime mixture?

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a lime cheesecake recently [not key lime pie, because i didn't have key lime :D ] - and use Lime tahity, turned out pretty good. What's the main difference between that and cold pressed?

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can download the (massively updated) current version in pdf form, free here: http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html.

Thanks a mill! :) I took your advice from the notes on lemon Sicilly and lime tahity earlier and made a Strawberry lemonade, first sniff tests and tasters were promising. Will definitely grab this.

Oh, and also going by the notes I'm grabbing some FA blackcurrant next order, been looking for a nice one, TFA's wasn't right for me.

theozricle

Member For 4 Years
Hi HIC
Just found the forum and just about to start making my own juice. It's my first ever post here so take it easy on me :)
I am loving the look of a number your recipes but would love to give this a shot .
I've not been able to source the FA flavours though. I am planning on using TFA key lime and Bavarian cream as a substitute. I have read above that FA is strong, so just wondering if you could suggest what amounts of TFA would be a good replacement. Cheers

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi HIC
Just found the forum and just about to start making my own juice. It's my first ever post here so take it easy on me :)
I am loving the look of a number your recipes but would love to give this a shot .
I've not been able to source the FA flavours though. I am planning on using TFA key lime and Bavarian cream as a substitute. I have read above that FA is strong, so just wondering if you could suggest what amounts of TFA would be a good replacement. Cheers
If you live in the US there are plenty of sources. Two I use are:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/ discount code Underground10 for 10% off
http://www.bullcityvapor.com/ discount code VU6 for 6% off

Another I use is https://www.nicotineriver.com/ they have larger sizes so would be more for flavors you use a lot of..

If you live in Canada or the UK there are threads in the DIY General Discussion forum with sources for those countries. Or you can try ordering direct from FlavourArt in Italy.

Edit: How impolite of me. Welcome to VU! Lots of folks here to help you get going on your new hobby... :D

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This sounds so good. I'll have to mix some up later this evening.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

When I used TFA I enjoyed those 2 flavors together. With TFA in general I aimed at 10-15% total flavoring. How about 6% Bavarian Cream with 3% Key Lime for a first shot? It won't taste much like FA, but I think it would be a decent creamy, zippy lime.

theozricle

Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I made up just a 10ml bottle to sample at 4% Lime and 4% cream. As you say very zingy lime and not creamy enough so it seems your estimate is probably on the money. Cheers

VU Sponsors