Become a Patron!

HIC's VANILLA-NUT COFFEE

jant

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Vanilla Nut Coffee recipe: creamy, mildly sweet, vanilla-nut coffee

1% FlavourArt Espresso
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1% FlavourArt Fresh Cream
0.5% FlavourArt Hazelnut or Nut Mix
0.5% FlavourArt Vanilla Classic (other FA vanillas will also work)

This is a mild coffee flavor, one I can vape for a long time before needing to switch flavors. It does not need to age or steep, and doesn't change flavor much as it ages.
Shake 'n vape!
I like all your recipes but this is one of my favorites keep going back to all day long...........Thanks Hic for all you do for us newbies..........

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi HIC I made this today for the wife tastes a little dry to me is that normal with these nutty/coffee flavours? Also it tastes a little burnt in flavour? I have a really sweet tooth when it comes to vaping so it might be I went from vaping mine to this I'll give it another go later...do you reckon FA caramel would be ok in here to add sweetness?

Also just to check I ordered FA coffee espresso that is the one isn't it? (Couldn't see just "espresso")

recipee is as you said at my normal 75/25 (pg/vg) 2%nic

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC I made this today for the wife tastes a little dry to me is that normal with these nutty/coffee flavours? Also it tastes a little burnt in flavour? I have a really sweet tooth when it comes to vaping so it might be I went from vaping mine to this I'll give it another go later...do you reckon FA caramel would be ok in here to add sweetness?

Also just to check I ordered FA coffee espresso that is the one isn't it? (Couldn't see just "espresso")

recipee is as you said at my normal 75/25 (pg/vg) 2%nic

Yes, it is called "Coffee Espresso". I fixed that now.
You're right that FA's nut flavors are not sweet - especially Nut Mix, if that's the one you used. IMO Hazelnut has a little natural sweetness, but this recipe is more creamy than sweet even with Hazelnut.
Of course you can add Caramel (or Butterscotch, or Marshmallow, or some combo...) to sweeten.
If something tastes "burnt" to you and you're sure it's not your coil, you might try using less than 1% Coffee Espresso. It's a very strong flavoring to most people, and the more PG you use (and the "spicier" your nic), the stronger FA Coffee Espresso will taste. With 75% PG, you might want just 0.5%.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks HIC I used hazelnut will try adding 0.5 caramel to it

My coil is fine reckon I need to lower the coffee as you say gonna stick with this recipee till I get it right cause I know it'll taste damn fine ill report back my findings ;)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Caramel did the trick at 0.5%! And reduced coffee to 0.75% gonna make my next batch with higher vg say 80 or 85 I think to make it slightly smoother I normally go for 75) but flavour is lovely thanks HIC! This is a really nice vape

Oh by the I know sounds stupid but I reduced my wattage by 10 stupid oversight on my part I normally smoke my V8-T8 coil on 115w this on 105 isnt giving me that burnt taste now doh! Was like it was over stewing the coffee or something

Awesome flavour gonna put this in my ADV mix now mate thanks so much

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well after editing the coffee % to my liking I gave it to my wife after, she said what is this put it back like it was LoL oh well happy wife happy life went back to the original recipe but kept in the caramel at 0.5%

She really likes this in her ADV rotation now HIC many thanks mate you're awesome

I just made this and it was really good but which flavor should I increase in percentages to make it a little bit sweeter? I also added 0.5% caramel to this mix too.

Thank you!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just made this and it was really good but which flavor should I increase in percentages to make it a little bit sweeter? I also added 0.5% caramel to this mix too.

Thank you!

A really great sweetener for coffee blends is FA Jamaican Rum. It's totally compatible with all the flavors here. Try just 0.5% to sweeten or more for a dessert-like version where you'll taste it clearly.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
Hi HIC, I'm just getting into diy and I'm so glad that I came across your recipes! I was totally clueless about what to get but at least now you've given me some direction.

Well, I have R1000 gift voucher to spend at one of our local E-Liquid concentrate vendors and I was actually focusing mostly on FA flavors and I love that you mostly use those. So thanks for all the great recipes and all the schooling!

I'm really learning a lot from you, like you can't believe! Not kidding or exaggerating. Honest truth mate.

Quick question...

I'm really into these cool vapes with the koolada in them, like the Malaysian juices, fantasi and nasty juice. I love those!

Well, I only really got into fruity vapes quite recently, but was always more of a desert guy. So what I wana do is make some icy desert flavours, like ice coffee, ice mocha, ice choc milkshake, ice cream, stuff like that.

So I was curious...

What will happen if I add some koolada to this recipe? Would it work? If so, what percentage should I use?

Could I add koolada to your other recipes too, like the Ferrero one?

Also curious, which menthol would you recommend, as opposed to koolada? Or is koolada a good way to go?

Sorry for rambling and for asking so many questions. I'm just really excited about this stuff, hehe. Well, and I trust your opinion. You're definitely quite the legend in the diy game, from what I can see.

Any advice you offer will be highly appreciated.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What will happen if I add some koolada to this recipe? Would it work? If so, what percentage should I use?

You can add Koolada to any recipe you want! There's no need to change a recipe - just add it in. 0.5% or 1% is good to try first. Some people like it lots stronger; few use less than 0.5% in a recipe.

I used to love Koolada, but by the time I'd been off cigs for 6 months or a year, I noticed Koolada made me cough. I have no idea why. I can use FA Polar Blast without coughing (so far anyway; it's a new flavoring, so I haven't vaped tons of it). it's the same cool effect as Koolada - coolness without menthol flavor. If you want real menthol flavor (not just a cooling effect), Flavor West Extreme Ice is super cold and tastes like menthol. All the other menthols seem the same to me, including FA's Menthol (aka Arctic Winter or Menthol Arctic, depending on the seller).

Have fun with it! If I were you I'd get either TFA Koolada or FA Polar Blast - and also a bottle of FW Extreme Ice.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
You can add Koolada to any recipe you want! There's no need to change a recipe - just add it in. 0.5% or 1% is good to try first. Some people like it lots stronger; few use less than 0.5% in a recipe.

I used to love Koolada, but by the time I'd been off cigs for 6 months or a year, I noticed Koolada made me cough. I have no idea why. I can use FA Polar Blast without coughing (so far anyway; it's a new flavoring, so I haven't vaped tons of it). it's the same cool effect as Koolada - coolness without menthol flavor. If you want real menthol flavor (not just a cooling effect), Flavor West Extreme Ice is super cold and tastes like menthol. All the other menthols seem the same to me, including FA's Menthol (aka Arctic Winter or Menthol Arctic, depending on the seller).

Have fun with it! If I were you I'd get either TFA Koolada or FA Polar Blast - and also a bottle of FW Extreme Ice.

Awesome!

Thanks a lot HIC!

I really appreciate the advice. Thanks mate.

VU Sponsors