High End RTAs

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
about to pull the trigger on a high end RTA. The 3 in mind are

Isolation RTA 26mm by Deathwish
The Sherman V2 25mm
Juggernaut by QP designs 24/28mm

Preferably black or Gold/Brass

Ive kinda been using my DJV RTA as my daily driver lately and I love it. Looking for something a little different maybe a little nicer. Seeing if anyone had any experience with the 3 I’ve listed or have any others in mind. 25mm is optimal.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I haven’t any experience with any of them but the Juggernaut is supposed to be a good flavorful RTA. I was pondering the purchase of one awhile back but decided against it. My decision was based solely on the economics of it, not due to any shortcomings of the RTA. Just in case you weren’t aware, the clones of these high end atomizers are some times on par with the original. I can completely understand wanting the real deal but just in case you didn’t know about the Chinese clones I wanted to bring it up. Another way is to buy clones of whatever atomizers you are interested in just to see how you like the basic design. Whichever you deem best, purchase and you will still have some decent clones to use or pass along to friends. Best of luck to you and I hope you find one you really like.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Of those 3, I would take the isolation tank. Juggerknot airflow sucks for a dual coil. The single coil is about right. Sherman wicks about like the Isolation tank and the deck is similar but the Isolation tank can guzzle the juice better than the Sherman.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
And by guzzle the juice, I mean keep up with vaping. You can get away with some ridiculous builds on the Isolation tank and the juice flow keeps up. Sherman not so much.

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
Of those 3, I would take the isolation tank. Juggerknot airflow sucks for a dual coil. The single coil is about right. Sherman wicks about like the Isolation tank and the deck is similar but the Isolation tank can guzzle the juice better than the Sherman.
That’s the one I’ve been leaning towards. Have some stuff up in the hardware section for trade. Think I’m just gonna order one since nobody seems to wanna trade :(

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hunt around and see if you can find one of the limited edition packages still. They came with a bunch of extra stuff that was pretty cool. Got mine from Carrack and I think they just had a price drop.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Stay away from the Sherman. It sucks out loud! I do not consider the Sherman high end. It's got absolutely nothing on any of my Steam Crave line collection.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk -The Wire Spider-

WotofoOfficial

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
I'm sad now. I checked it hundreds of time. don't have my name...:(

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
Stay away from the Sherman. It sucks out loud! I do not consider the Sherman high end. It's got absolutely nothing on any of my Steam Crave line collection.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk -The Wire Spider-
Haven’t really looked into steam crave. I’ll have to check them out

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mentioned QP Designs but not the Fatality M25. I'm very happy with mine. QP makes some good geat IMHO, I love the Kali V2 RDA as well.

@jwill you commented on the Juggerknot airflow as being poor. Any comments on the Fatality? Curious if there is a significant difference.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You mentioned QP Designs but not the Fatality M25. I'm very happy with mine. QP makes some good geat IMHO, I love the Kali V2 RDA as well.

@jwill you commented on the Juggerknot airflow as being poor. Any comments on the Fatality? Curious if there is a significant difference.

Fatality is king. It is IMO the best RTA ever made. most tweakable, best airflow and it works like a boss.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fatality is king. It is IMO the best RTA ever made. most tweakable, best airflow and it works like a boss.
I agree. Wish you had carried them, ordered my Kali from you. Hope they're not one of the vendors you mentioned in your blog. Good luck with the new direction you're taking.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I agree. Wish you had carried them, ordered my Kali from you. Hope they're not one of the vendors you mentioned in your blog. Good luck with the new direction you're taking.

They only made a few of those and then the LE ones they came out with. QP will be sticking around. They are my best seller for non custom.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Fatality M25 is the second best RTA ever made. In the flavor chasing realm of the vaping universe, IMO the Reload RTA still hasn't been dethroned.

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
Why am I just hearing this then!? Haha I wasn’t sure how I felt about the top AND bottom air flow control thing on the bottom. Looked kinda funky. But it is a pretty damn good looking RTA

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why am I just hearing this then!? Haha I wasn’t sure how I felt about the top AND bottom air flow control thing on the bottom. Looked kinda funky. But it is a pretty damn good looking RTA
I wondered why you listed the Juggerknot and not the Fatality. It's their flagship RTA and worthy of that ranking. QP does some great stuff. IMHO.

I've gone back and forth between the regular tank and the bubble. The latter looks rather bulbous but it's worth the extra capacity. Again IMHO.

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
I wondered why you listed the Juggerknot and not the Fatality. It's their flagship RTA and worthy of that ranking. QP does some great stuff. IMHO.

I've gone back and forth between the regular tank and the bubble. The latter looks rather bulbous but it's worth the extra capacity. Again IMHO.
And I thought it was the other way around with the juggernaut and the fatality. I’m not all too familiar with the QP product line but I’ve been seeing a lot of them lately. The Kali master kit looks worth investing into as well but currently I’m in the market for a RTA. The gold fatality may be a top candidate. Although the finish on the isolation is nicer in my opinion. Hmmmmmmm

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I thought it was the other way around with the juggernaut and the fatality. I’m not all too familiar with the QP product line but I’ve been seeing a lot of them lately. The Kali master kit looks worth investing into as well but currently I’m in the market for a RTA. The gold fatality may be a top candidate. Although the finish on the isolation is nicer in my opinion. Hmmmmmmm
I don't know how QP looks at that ranking, @jwill would probably be better at judging that. He's already given his opinion of the performance.

I highly recommend the Kali V2 if you drip or squonk. It's one of if not my top RDA/RSA. And the bonus of multiple caps/tips is a big plus. Keep it in mind when you're looking. As far as finish on the Fatality, I doubt if you'll have any problems. My Kali doesn't show any issues and I've had it for awhile. The Fatality is beautiful in Gun Metal.

Good luck in your search.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Candidly there is a little bias. I have yet to find a top airflow RTA that I like although the Dead Rabbit is one of the better ones (IMO).

The Fatality has big airflow and you can dial it to your liking. Wide-open it is on par with pretty much any big airflow RDA, and you have the option to close it down to a tight DL hit. The finish between the two is pretty standard for top-end RTA's. They are as you would expect for the money although the Fatality is much more versatile than advertised and reproduces flavors much more accurately than the Isolation tank. It is also very dependable once you get the hang of wicking it.

The Isolation Tank behaves very much like what the Asylum Mods product should have been. This is a cloud chasers RTA that delivers good flavor reproduction. The deck is strikingly similar to the Sherman with a few tweaks. A minor gripe but I have always disliked decks that will mill out the posts to where they are flush with the deck. This is a bad design in my opinion but its workable. I have also not been able to use the small glass section to utilize the cool design on the metal piece. It is dry hit city if you aren't checking it constantly. Personally I would like that small glass section fitted for the bottom so I could see when it is getting low.

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
Alright took advantage of today’s sales and decided on the Isolation in gold. I was back and forth between that or the Fatality. But after seeing a picture of the fatality on a vindicator I decided the isolation would better suit my mech tubes than the Fatality. It’s not as bulbous or large. I’m definitely gunna keep my eye on QP and may give the Kali RDA master kit a closer look

Ryan_AlanUSN10

Member For 2 Years
56B72593-ACE5-4DF7-866E-224CF616EE24.jpeg
Definitely what I was going for aesthetically. Very well made RTA she can keep up with the clouds for sure. Not sure how to compare this to anything as it’s very unique like the first time hitting a Kennedy. Got a .12 Nichrome Frailen build in it. Flavor is very rich but not as accurate as some builds. Cloud production is thick and dense. This is a perfect lounging around the house set up.

VU Sponsors