Become a Patron!

High-end squonk mod?

BananaSammiches

Member For 4 Years
I know next to next about squonking box mods, but I am interested in giving one a try. I'm willing to spend a good bit of money for a quality mod, I just don't know where to start. Can anyone offer insight on some of the best squonking mods available?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
a sunbox e8 kompakt dicodes bf60 it's considered high end. Do a search for it. It's around 410€ plus shipping

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No most high end squonker are around 40-60w this one is 60w

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any that are 200w capable? The only one I know of is the iJoy RDTA box.

That iJoy is not a squonk box, it's an RDTA built into a box mod. If you are looking for 200w in a squonker, your options are the Lost Vape Halcyon, which has a 900mAH 3s lipo, so bad battery life at high wattage, or getting something custom made. There's also the Lost Vape Drone, which goes to 166w.

BananaSammiches

Member For 4 Years
Damn, what a bummer. I only vape on low resistance builds (.15 and below) in my RDAs, so I need something that's at least 150w. That Kanger mod looks okay, but I'm not really a huge fan of Kanger anymore. Their stuff just seems cheap to me.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn, what a bummer. I only vape on low resistance builds (.15 and below) in my RDAs, so I need something that's at least 150w. That Kanger mod looks okay, but I'm not really a huge fan of Kanger anymore. Their stuff just seems cheap to me.
Just got this bad boy in today. .13ss316l, 75watts @525 perfect. Its the Lostvape Drone. Highly recommended!1492130621965-1289598838.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Those Sunboxes Dre mentioned :)

Custom is a great way to go if you like mechs....

If you can find one, the Drone comes in a 250W and is not cheap. @BPROSEK got his this week. Not so sure it's high end, but not chump change either

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those Sunboxes Dre mentioned :)

Custom is a great way to go if you like mechs....

If you can find one, the Drone comes in a 250W and is not cheap. @BPROSEK got his this week. Not so sure it's high end, but not chump change either

It's actually 167w. It's a DNA250 chip, but since it only runs on 2 cells, it's limited to 167. I got mine today too, and I like it for a stay at home mod (too big to comfortably pocket carry for me - I'd rather pack a couple Orcas out and about). I'd consider it high end for mass produced, readily-available stuff. High-middle end when you throw in the rad custom stuff that's out there.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There also the Halcyon DNA200 - that's a nice lookin little squonker.
Origin-Vape-Lost-Vape-Halcyon-Squonker-DNA200-Mod-01.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll happily continue using the CopperVapes mods. :) Might seem low end if you're not into mechanical mods. Also for me, high end denotes adhering to a K.I.S.S principle. Might help too I'm content to be in the .3 -1 (R) oHm range. To everyone their own though.

LOST LOST VAPE DRONE

I placed a preorder with Gearbest 1st week of March. April 4th Gearbest emailed me that they would not be able to fill my order due to "distributors inability to supply". They asked if I wanted to have them place my refund in an account for future purchases from them or issue me a refund. I took the refund. I immediately tried to place an order elsewhere only to find that some vendors apparently had received small shipments but were already out of stock. The majority of vendors hadn't yet received any stock. While searching on the internet for vendors who should pop up but Gearbest.. I checked their listing.. and sure enough they were taking orders with a projected shipping date of 24APR17 to 05MAY17! This pretty much lit me up. I immediately opened a ticket with Gearbest asking how it was possible for them to be taking orders for a product that they had told me would not be available. They responded that the product was not in stock (Duh!). I asked why they forced me to accept cancellation of my order when they were still taking orders from new customers... They dodged that question and refused to answer while apologizing profusely. Bottom line, my preorder cost was less than $140 (Preorder discount). Their current price is $165+. I lost my place in the front of the preorder line so that they could sell the item to someone else st a higher price! I asked why the listing no longer said, "Preorder" or saying something like "Coming Soon". They didn't answer that question either. Over the last couple of years I've spent over $400 with Gearbest. My complaint ticket is still open and I intend to berate them until I get an honest answer. My next step will be to ask for further communications to be between one of their sales managers and myself. When I finally get some sort of satisfaction from them, I am done dealing with Gearbest. All of my Vape buddies will hear about this blatant mistreatment. Gearbest will never get another penny will come from me! AVOID GEARBEST!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
T-mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE Tmods - but do not consider them a good first squonker and for the highly experienced with mechs only

The Custom Classic would be a great beginner squonker for the experienced or inexperienced

Most seem to love those Orcas - don't have one yet - but there is one at home waiting for me, lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Just got this bad boy in today. .13ss316l, 75watts @525 perfect. Its the Lostvape Drone. Highly recommended!View attachment 79503

BPRO does yours have a sticky button mate should get my drone next few days one of the things I was worrying about was that button problem reported lots on the Therion

Also anyone know where to source any extra 11ml bottles from for it? Mine will only come with one I think

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BPRO does yours have a sticky button mate should get my drone next few days one of the things I was worrying about was that button problem reported lots on the Therion

Also anyone know where to source any extra 11ml bottles from for it? Mine will only come with one I think
Hi KingPin,

No sticky fire button here. It is definitely better than the one on the therion.

Origin Vape was supposed to include 3 extra bottles with each mod however that didn't happen. I called them and they said they will be getting the bottles from lostvape this coming week and send them out. I would call them and inquire about purchasing a few.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi KingPin,

No sticky fire button here. It is definitely better than the one on the therion.

Origin Vape was supposed to include 3 extra bottles with each mod however that didn't happen. I called them and they said they will be getting the bottles from lostvape this coming week and send them out. I would call them and inquire about purchasing a few.

I missed the postman today dammit bank holiday here on Monday so won't be able to pick it up from the depot until Tuesday :(

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One Coppervape Mod kit and Two ShenRay Hadaly's ordered today from 2F. Total cost $49.28 U.S. (with Easter discounts ;))

That's high end enough for me...today. :)

Ron
---
"It's the way you ride the trail that counts."- Dale Evans

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
One Coppervape Mod kit and Two ShenRay Hadaly's ordered today from 2F. Total cost $49.28 U.S. (with Easter discounts ;))

That's high end enough for me...today. :)

Ron
---
"It's the way you ride the trail that counts."- Dale Evans

That should be an excellent vape!

A year ago, you did have to spend hundreds of dollars to jump on the squonk train - this is no longer the case and I'm glad :)

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know next to next about squonking box mods, but I am interested in giving one a try. I'm willing to spend a good bit of money for a quality mod, I just don't know where to start. Can anyone offer insight on some of the best squonking mods available?
You may want to check with Turbocad. He can make what you want if you pay what he wants.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Then get the lost vape 167 squonk
ef7fd04f492f0510b2fc26b9f0e69e75.jpg

Looks good and lost vape are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I LOVE Tmods - but do not consider them a good first squonker and for the highly experienced with mechs only

The Custom Classic would be a great beginner squonker for the experienced or inexperienced

Most seem to love those Orcas - don't have one yet - but there is one at home waiting for me, lol
A time when Lucy didnt have any Orca's seems like such a long time ago. :giggle: Ive been selling of alot of my vape gear and getting more into squonking. I will be getting one of these highly regarded Orca's from minimalist soon. Just have came across a color that tickles the fancy. I like one but it sold before i could buy it. I would love a white body with blue door and button. But for now i have 2 mech sqounkers on the way. A Steam Rabbit and a MNML mods alumide mech sqounker. Ive fallen into the rabbit hole of squonking and its got me selling of my old gear at a feverish pace.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A time when Lucy didnt have any Orca's seems like such a long time ago. :giggle: Ive been selling of alot of my vape gear and getting more into squonking. I will be getting one of these highly regarded Orca's from minimalist soon. Just have came across a color that tickles the fancy. I like one but it sold before i could buy it. I would love a white body with blue door and button. But for now i have 2 mech sqounkers on the way. A Steam Rabbit and a MNML mods alumide mech sqounker. Ive fallen into the rabbit hole of squonking and its got me selling of my old gear at a feverish pace.

Well, I can certainly give an informed opinion of the Little Orca - those little fuckers rock!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I can certainly give an informed opinion of the Little Orca - those little fuckers rock!
Yeah, im gonna have to pick one up soon. I just wanna wait on the sqounkers i have on order and see if i really like little mech squonkers. Dont see why i wouldnt though. I love mech and i love squonking. So will see...

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RAM SQUONKER BOX MOD BY STENTORIAN
Not sure how new or old this is but I'm loving the gold on the wood trim.

The only squonker I had was the eleaf istick pico squeek and I hated it.

Thought on the ram?

Attachments

• Ram Box Sqounk.jpg
    Ram Box Sqounk.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 45

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love my orca.

"Oh yeah? ... It seems you're not alone in this Orca love. I have read of a few here that love your Orca, or an Orca too. How's that square with the Chief? Got a good lead on that latest Orca theft, you said?" * cue Dragnet dramatic twist music *

I might need to consider long and hard on an Orca. The ones I have seen have all been door side hole boxes. I'm more cozy with the corner, or circular ergonomic holes on the edges. I do have two Reo Grand style boxes set back in case of needing them. Rather buy a $3 repair kit for a CopperVape, though.

Oh! Oooh. Ahhh. :cloud: :cloud: :D :) :ejuice: Yummy. :) Going from a Blueberry to a mildly Jasmine flavored vape this morning. I said fuck all on swapping out for fresh wick. Neither flavor is heavy, and they're both singular flavors. So yes, boys & girls, fleas and ticks of ages ... "New Day Rocks ... New ... Day ... Rocks!" :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You may want to check with Turbocad. He can make what you want if you pay what he wants.

I'll only add, check which style you'll find more comfortable ... the door side boxes or the oval~ish shaped ones with the ergonomic edge holes. This simple feature in itself might seem trivial but long haul you're better off with something that indexes well for yourself.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must have joined 40 different custom mods groups on fb looking for the best "high end" squonk value I could find. I was looking at price, features, aesthetics, and availability. I also was NOT looking for $300 mod that is impossible to get and that I could print myself and put together for $30...

Besides, I wanted a regulated mod, something small, well made, using high quality components.

What I found was a shop that's been around quite awhile already, has a good rep, and not only makes custom, high quality, high end mods to order, you can actually talk to them, order one, and get it in under a couple weeks usually, or when they have a batch coming up. I found DPM mods. As soon as I saw the LiMo, I knew I had found it.

Now remember, wattage shouldn't be everything. You can get your desired throat hit, or whatever it is that you think only 200 watts can deliver, will substantially less wattage if you make adjustments in other areas. I promise you that. For me, the DNA60 was perfect but you can also get a DNA75 in the LiMo. I got the basic version, a solid chunk of black Delrin, which not only looks fantastic, but it's tough as a rock. I've seen where people drop these six feet onto pavement and not a scratch. The silky Lukkos bottle that comes inside is in its own chamber, so if there is a leak, the chip and other vitals are protected. The best part is a mod like this anywhere else would be over $400 anyday, but they only cost half that, $200 plus shipping. There are also all kinds of upgrades, custom doors like carbon fiber, white Delrin body, resin, or stab wood or stabwood/hybrid. I'm waiting for a white one next...

6ea01fac7347b7223059c9d1005e2957.jpg
d8a0338fc54694950c055537bdc9f966.jpg
6cbdb79018984fdfbff935a9d9d81f4a.jpg
bde964d16f263ab25bffc7661a7eb580.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I Checked them out they only have DNA60 atm and was really hoping for 75. I'll have to keep my eye open.

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
What I found was a shop that's been around quite awhile already, has a good rep, and not only makes custom, high quality, high end mods to order, you can actually talk to them, order one, and get it in under a couple weeks usually, or when they have a batch coming up. I found DPM mods. As soon as I saw the LiMo, I knew I had found it.

I picked up a used Li-Mo dna60 fit and finish overall build quality is pretty damn nice for the RRP the battery life is a hell of a lot better then the 75

only two small hang ups for me are the manual adjusting center pin and the battery cover/cap I knew about both of them before I bought it

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I picked up a used Li-Mo dna60 fit and finish overall build quality is pretty damn nice for the RRP the battery life is a hell of a lot better then the 75

only two small hang ups for me are the manual adjusting center pin and the battery cover/cap I knew about both of them before I bought it
PICTURES PICTURES... or it didnt happen....:teehee:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Or settle for a Mech instead of a chip if your vaping that low...there isnt a reason to use any lower then .1 on a chip...

$135 shipped from @cvan911 on Instagram.
Custom 3D Printed with Aluminide, All Silver Contacts, and Dual Parallel 20700 Cells...IF your rocking .1 and under then this would be the best option for you...There isnt any High Wattage Squonkers out there that youll get much use out of. You will be replacing batteries more then juice. This setup allows all day vaping on low resistance and it hits like a train...
7a6050b3ccc89377271e9d1142710d6f.jpg

Last edited:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea just check back often they will likely do another dna75 batch soon, though it really is not the greatest chip compared to other DNA chips, even the 60 is way better...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
My sweet spot though on my goons, only rda I regularly use, is between 70w - 80w. Here lately I've even been going up to 90w depending on what coils I have in. I'm thinking about going mech though. Kinda have my eye on the 20700 boxer squonk. Just debating if I want to spend that kind of money on what will essentially be my beater mod. I need to fight the temptation of buying these beautiful expensive mods until I find a good all day beater that I can shamelessly throw in my pocket, vape at the bar, take fishing, use while I'm working on my bike or my truck, etc.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I love this damn thing though. It's just not necessarily pocket friendly.

20170731_134450.jpg

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or settle for a Mech instead of a chip if your vaping that low...there isnt a reason to use any lower then .1 on a chip...

$135 shipped from @cvan911 on Instagram.
Custom 3D Printed with Aluminide, All Silver Contacts, and Dual Parallel 20700 Cells...IF your rocking .1 and under then this would be the best option for you...There isnt any High Wattage Squonkers out there that youll get much use out of. You will be replacing batteries more then juice. This setup allows all day vaping on low resistance and it hits like a train...
7a6050b3ccc89377271e9d1142710d6f.jpg

I have one and absolutely love it!

b1aa41f5cd354594156485611bbfa582.jpg

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice, i have infact seen those before...

This peeks my interest.... I started following him on instagram. Is is really wide when you hold it in your hand. I would assume its wide as 3 batterys becuase you have 2 batterys and a sqounk bottle. Thats my only concern...

It’s wide, but not uncomfortably wide if that makes sense. It’s actually pretty comfortable, but I have pretty big mittens.

Here it is in hand...
3e343433046fb6ab49f2079aa5ca4429.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It’s wide, but not uncomfortably wide if that makes sense. It’s actually pretty comfortable, but I have pretty big mittens.

Here it is in hand...
3e343433046fb6ab49f2079aa5ca4429.jpg
Nice grab BTW!!

I love mine..the pics make it look intolerably wide...but if you remove the door it doesnt look AS wide...the flat plain face makes it look massive when in fact its smaller then many Dual Parallel or chipped devices...

VU Sponsors