Become a Patron!

High Nic/PG Vapers What Do You Use? Need Advice Please!

Hi everyone,

Im an 18mg Nic, PG vaper. I am having a terrrrible time flooding coils. I use Halo Tribeca e-juice and the Halo Triton 2 vape pen with a .75 ohm coil. There is something about that particular setup that has worked for me for so long, but for some reason I am starting to flood the coils like crazy. I bought the eLeaf iJust2Mini witha .75 ohm coil and Im flooding that too now. I have tried literally everything to prevent flooding, and nothing works. I dont care about clouds, I just want the throat hit, and consistency without flooding. I am just curious what the other high PG/Nic people are using. Or if they have advice for not flooding coils. If anyone has a setup that works for them I would love to know about it, including the ohms.

Thanks in advance for responding !

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you not using any VG at all? I like throat hit, too. I typically vape 80PG because much more VG than that and I feel like I have a severe chest cold. I don't get flooding with my gear, if I'm wicking it properly.

I prefer RTAs because I hate to buy coils just to, eventually, throw them away. This way, I also have control of the wicking.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have some eleaf GS Air 2 tanks in my istick basics with the .75 ohm coils. Most of the time I use 70/30 @ 16mg but I have gone as low as 50/50 and about 14mg depending on how much flavoring I add. I personally feel that if you're using more than 50% PG then there's your problem. You can use higher PG on a top wicked clearo like a CE4 but on a bottom coil tank I'd think you need at least 40% VG. I could be wrong.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape 85%-87% PG... I use a tight-draw RDA called the Achilles, but sadly, infuriatingly, they're not sold anymore.

Maybe look into an "old school" tank, like a Kayfun Lite Plus. I used 85%-87% PG with those, and it worked just fine.

In general, I think flooded coils indicates insufficient airflow -- you're pulling too much juice into the wick. Or if you insist on a tight draw with little airflow (as I do!), maybe try hitting it a little more softly and slowly. Also, check to make sure that the coil isn't touching whatever juice reservoir is in the tank you use; only the wick ends should be touching ejuice, or have ejuice drawn to them.

Andria

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@AndriaD, I think you may be on to something there. He may be just pulling on it too hard, especially if it started out fine, and suddenly started flooding.

The Triton ll tank that he was using has a coil that looks identical to the eleaf GS Air2 coils that I use. I know when my coils only have a day or so left in them, I have to drag hard on them and they end up leaving a pretty good amount of seepage on the mod because all the juice going through isn't getting vaporized.

These coils are vertical coils surrounded by cotton - just like a tfv8 coil. They're just a whole bunch smaller. The outside of the coil sits immersed in juice. There are no wick tails to do anything with.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi everyone,

Im an 18mg Nic, PG vaper. I am having a terrrrible time flooding coils. I use Halo Tribeca e-juice and the Halo Triton 2 vape pen with a .75 ohm coil. There is something about that particular setup that has worked for me for so long, but for some reason I am starting to flood the coils like crazy. I bought the eLeaf iJust2Mini witha .75 ohm coil and Im flooding that too now. I have tried literally everything to prevent flooding, and nothing works. I dont care about clouds, I just want the throat hit, and consistency without flooding. I am just curious what the other high PG/Nic people are using. Or if they have advice for not flooding coils. If anyone has a setup that works for them I would love to know about it, including the ohms.

Thanks in advance for responding !

How often do you change coils in your tanks? Does it flood with a brand new coil installed?

Thanks for all the replies!

I have also read that taking too deep of draws can cause flooding, and that would make sense because maybe I have built a tolerance to 18mg Nic. But it floods Instantly now. I have learned what it sounds like when its flooded and when its working. I just put a brand new coil into a clean tank with fresh, new E-juice. Let it sit as instructed, and first time I hit the button, without even beginning to take a draw, its flooded. It sizzles or hisses when its flooded, and crackles when its working correctly.

I used to chew, I wasnt a smoker, so I really dont think I am pulling crazy hard. in the last 2 weeks i have tried 10 coils, and only 1 has worked. And the one that worked was a champ... couldnt flood it if i tried. Worked awesome for 2 weeks straight. So what the hell is that about?? It just dont understand at all ! Unless the gear is worn out, o -rings and such.

@MWorthington When you do 50/50 PG, do you ever flood your GS2? How tight do you tighten down your coil? How much do you prime it? I feel like there may be something in the setup process for a new coil that I am doing wrong.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless the gear is worn out, o -rings and such.

I think you are identifying the cause for this sudden change - the vacuum seal that tank requires is somehow no longer intact. That would cause immediate flooding and it may be a weak, slightly damaged or out of position o-ring. It might help to tear the tank down, clean it and reassemble, making sure all the o-rings are intact and in place. Good luck!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you are identifying the cause for this sudden change - the vacuum seal that tank requires is somehow no longer intact. That would cause immediate flooding and it may be a weak, slightly damaged or out of position o-ring. It might help to tear the tank down, clean it and reassemble, making sure all the o-rings are intact and in place. Good luck!

Yes, this exactly -- when I used those Kayfuns I mentioned, about the only way that they would leak, flood/gurgle, or other misc. misbehavior with ejuice is if the o-rings weren't in good shape.

And with this setup, the coils always touching the ejuice, it sounds like a situation just ripe for coil misbehavior; anytime coils are actually touching ejuice without you needing to draw on the vape, the potential for flooding is massive. With factory-built coils, you're already down to maybe 50/50 or less that the coil will work AT ALL. Which is the PRIMARY reason I got into coil building; I was tired of throwing my money away on crap.

Andria

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all the replies!

I have also read that taking too deep of draws can cause flooding, and that would make sense because maybe I have built a tolerance to 18mg Nic. But it floods Instantly now. I have learned what it sounds like when its flooded and when its working. I just put a brand new coil into a clean tank with fresh, new E-juice. Let it sit as instructed, and first time I hit the button, without even beginning to take a draw, its flooded. It sizzles or hisses when its flooded, and crackles when its working correctly.

I used to chew, I wasnt a smoker, so I really dont think I am pulling crazy hard. in the last 2 weeks i have tried 10 coils, and only 1 has worked. And the one that worked was a champ... couldnt flood it if i tried. Worked awesome for 2 weeks straight. So what the hell is that about?? It just dont understand at all ! Unless the gear is worn out, o -rings and such.

@MWorthington When you do 50/50 PG, do you ever flood your GS2? How tight do you tighten down your coil? How much do you prime it? I feel like there may be something in the setup process for a new coil that I am doing wrong.

Ok, the Triton ll tank you're using is the exact same tank I have with a different name.

Now, let me ask you this...are you getting raw juice in your mouth when you take a draw?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This may not entirely solve your problems, flavor may change just a little but they do make tribeca in a high vg blend as well. I don't recall the vg/pg of regular tribeca, they don't advertise their ratios and it's not even printed on the box/bottle. The kayfun styles Andria mentioned would likely be the next best thing, juiceflow is adjustable for thinner juice. Maybe a v3.1, v3 mini or v4. The v3 mini has fewer parts and is a bit easier to take apart and put back together vs the v4 and the v5 in my opinion is too airy for mtl.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This may not entirely solve your problems, flavor may change just a little but they do make tribeca in a high vg blend as well. I don't recall the vg/pg of regular tribeca, they don't advertise their ratios and it's not even printed on the box/bottle. The kayfun styles Andria mentioned would likely be the next best thing, juiceflow is adjustable for thinner juice. Maybe a v3.1, v3 mini or v4. The v3 mini has fewer parts and is a bit easier to take apart and put back together vs the v4 and the v5 in my opinion is too airy for mtl.

Umm, there is no way to adjust "juiceflow" in the Kayfuns I know -- the Kayfun Lite Plus -- but I do know that very thick (high VG) juice doesn't work too well in them. I've always used thin juice (very high PG), and can't really imagine why someone would want to vape something with the viscosity of honey, but the KFL+'s work terrifically well for tight draw, though it's adjustable to a degree, and thin ejuice.

Andria

VU Sponsors