Become a Patron!

High Nicotine

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Recently I was told about the danger of using High Nicotine juices. I am aware its not entirely safe. Its a health risk. My buddy told me that smoking 25 mg nicotine isn't safe at all. I picked it up cheap and at a smoke shop. They usually only sell 0 or 25mg.
Any thoughts or opinions?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some vape 36 MG.

A heavy smoker usually starts off at 24 or higher nic.

Above 36 is getting unsafe, IMO. But that is dependent on you nic intake before.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It depends on what you're vaping. If you drip at sub ohm you probably only want to use 6mg or less, but if you're using some type of cigalike with very little vapor coming out of it, I have some White Cloud minis still sitting around that go as high as 52mg. I've been vaping 24mg for over a year and am cutting back now to 18mg. Thought I'd try a couple of bottles of 12mg and I'm like "Where's the beef?"

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Big fan of 12mg plus. Its not bad.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I started on 18mg and it wasn't enough. I went to 24mg but couldn't handle it longer than a week. You'd think if it was horribly dangerous, a vendor wouldn't put themselves in that position and sell it. It made me too jittery and I didn't sleep well at all. But I didn't sleep well with 18mg, either. I'm now between 10 and 13, depending on the mix. I make a base at 13mg, so depending on how much flavoring it has is how many mg I'm on.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, I started out @ 48mg back when I started ... that was quite a while ago though. I'm not sure many vendors even offer juice at that level anymore.

As others have mentioned, 25mg is not that big a deal especially when you consider your body isn't even coming close to absorbing that as a whole; vaping is not a particularly efficient delivery device.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started with 36 and 48 mg.
The njoy bastards you get at the stop and robs are 46mg.

Now using 3 mg debating bumping it up to 6 since I am getting a headache.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would think it also depends on your body mass. I would imagine a 90lb person couldn't handle the amount of nicotine a 300lb person can handle.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do not confuse booze with nic and even that does not hold true.
Yes it does. Body mass most definitely affects how much booze you can consume. The legal alcohol consumption limit is measured by the number of grams of alcohol in 100ml of blood. If you have more blood because you are a larger person, it takes more alcohol to reach the legal limit of .08 grams of alcohol in 100ml of blood.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes it does. Body mass most definitely affects how much booze you can consume. The legal alcohol consumption limit is measured by the number of grams of alcohol in 100ml of blood. If you have more blood because you are a larger person, it takes more alcohol to reach the legal limit of .08 grams of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
I have had LITTLE women drink me under the table, Hell my buddy's fiance kept up with me drink for drink at the last brewers fest we went to. I capped out around 1.75 gallons

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently I was told about the danger of using High Nicotine juices. I am aware its not entirely safe. Its a health risk. My buddy told me that smoking 25 mg nicotine isn't safe at all. I picked it up cheap and at a smoke shop. They usually only sell 0 or 25mg.
Any thoughts or opinions?

I'm sorry, but your buddy doesn't know what he's talking about! Plenty of people vape high nic, just as plenty of people consume large amounts of caffeine. What does he think is the health risk?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had LITTLE women drink me under the table, Hell my buddy's fiance kept up with me drink for drink at the last brewers fest we went to. I capped out around 1.75 gallons
I didn't say body weight was the ONLY factor. There are many other factors as well. If your "little woman" is a heavy drinker then she has developed a tolerance for it. In any case, just because you know people smaller than you who can drink more than you doesn't negate the fact that body weight plays a part in alcohol tolerance. It's a widely known fact that really isn't debatable.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@AmandaD I had a small coffee shop owner try and limit my coffee purchases from her saying I was drinking to much caffeine. I just shrugged and told her I could support her small business without her arbitrary imposed limits or I could take my money else where.
She did not like that answer and I took my business else where.. I am still drinking coffee she is no longer in business.

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure. Maybe the fact that its pure nicotine. He had said (supposedly) they came out with a study saying e juices with nicotine is just as dangerous as a cigarette. Also it contains cancer causing chemicals. His words not mine.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure. Maybe the fact that its pure nicotine. He had said (supposedly) they came out with a study saying e juices with nicotine is just as dangerous as a cigarette. Also it contains cancer causing chemicals. His words not mine.

Not even his words, the words of some guy in Japan who has no idea what he's talking about. There's been no such study that proves anything of the sort

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, but your buddy doesn't know what he's talking about! Plenty of people vape high nic, just as plenty of people consume large amounts of caffeine. What does he think is the health risk?

Amanda is right, he doesn't know what he is talking about! :(

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Go ahead and punch your buddy square in the dick. Parrot to him testicle trauma does not cause pain or damage.. you read it on the internet.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine does NOT cause cancer. Your friend has been hearing all the false reports that have come out recently without looking into them further!
Not sure if it causes cancer or not (I suspect not), but it definitely hasn't been PROVEN to cause cancer.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is not a carcinogen.
Once again, I suspect you are right, but neither of us have any scientific basis for claiming that. Unless you do. Just because it hasn't been proven to be a carcinogen doesn't mean it isn't one.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Once again, I suspect you are right, but neither of us have any scientific basis for claiming that. Unless you do. Just because it hasn't been proven to be a carcinogen doesn't mean it isn't one.
It is a stimulant in small doses and just like any stimulant it is toxic in high doses.
And by your logic, tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes cause cancer.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is a stimulant in small doses and just like any stimulant it is toxic in high doses.
And by your logic, tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes cause cancer.
What do you mean "by my logic"? I'm not saying it causes cancer. I doubt very much that it causes cancer. But I can't say definitively that it doesn't cause cancer and neither can you.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What do you mean "by my logic"? I'm not saying it causes cancer. I doubt very much that it causes cancer. But I can't say definitively that it doesn't cause cancer and neither can you.
Why because the FDA says I can't?
I can tell you how much fucking faith I have in that corruption riddled payola admin. I actually rate pedophiles and used car salesmen higher than the FDA.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Because potatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes have traces of nicotine.

Tomatoes are also from the same family as tobacco, the night shade family.

Nicotine causes cancer as much as caffeine causes anal leakage....

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why because the FDA says I can't?
I can tell you how much fucking faith I have in that corruption riddled payola admin. I actually rate pedophiles and used car salesmen higher than the FDA.
No, because you have no proof that it doesn't cause cancer. Alcohol and red meat cause cancer: did you know that? Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing with you when I'm essentially agreeing with you but you just want to find some little sticking point to argue about. I do not think nicotine causes cancer, that's as far as I'm able to commit on that.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

But without my coffee in the morning I almost Elvis on the throne.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

EVERYTHING you are putting in your body, can cause cancer. Thank the FDA for that. They approves all this SHIT that is stuffed in your food, making it preserve longer.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

LOLOLOL LMFAO, You just made me spit out my Coke lololol.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOLOLOL LMFAO, You just made me spit out my Coke lololol.
Well, I'm still not saying nicotine causes cancer, but you'd have to eat something like 200 lbs of raw potato to get the same nicotine as you do from one cigarette, so there's really no comparison.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I'm still not saying nicotine causes cancer, but you'd have to eat something like 200 lbs of raw potato to get the same nicotine as you do from one cigarette, so there's really no comparison.

Yes you were. Because there was "no study showing it DOESN'T cause cancer".

So, you infer, despite talking out of both sides of your mouth, that nicotine causes cancer.

False. Were that so, other forms of smoking cessation that have nicotine in them, would be labeled as carcinogens.

Edit to add: Your argument makes as much sense as declaring toilet paper causes colon cancer. Since no studies have been done to prove otherwise.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine does NOT cause cancer. Your friend has been hearing all the false reports that have come out recently without looking into them further!
highfive_zps30aa4ce4.gif

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes you were. Because there was "no study showing it DOESN'T cause cancer".

So, you infer, despite talking out of both sides of your mouth, that nicotine causes cancer.

False. Were that so, other forms of smoking cessation that have nicotine in them, would be labeled as carcinogens.
This is why I just ignore you whenever you confront me like this (except for this time obviously) because your tone is always very nasty and you jump to oddball conclusions like that. I never inferred nicotine causes cancer. I merely said that there is no proof it doesn't cause cancer. If you want to jump all over me and twist that around to make it sound like I'm saying it does cause cancer, then that's a fault in your level of comprehension that I can't help you with. With that said, now I'm going to continue ignoring your constant unpleasant arguing.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is why I just ignore you whenever you confront me like this (except for this time obviously) because your tone is always very nasty and you jump to oddball conclusions like that. I never inferred nicotine causes cancer. I merely said that there is no proof it doesn't cause cancer. If you want to jump all over me and twist that around to make it sound like I'm saying it does cause cancer, then that's a fault in your level of comprehension that I can't help you with. With that said, now I'm going to continue ignoring your constant unpleasant arguing.

You ignore me because you can't handle a debate. And I am not the only one to take away from your diatribe, that you believe nicotine causes cancer.

The fault is on YOU for your lack of ability to communicate effectively. So instead of jumping to your own conclusion that it's someone else's fault, look in the mirror more often.

Again, maybe next you should claim toilet paper causes colon cancer. We don't have any studies yet to prove otherwise.

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What have I created?

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL I was laughing at @freemind 's comment about anal leakage. But i am sure eating 200lbs of raw potatoes will definitely give anal leakage.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And a damn good discussion, where we can say what we feel and not be banhammered for things like actual medical terms like anal leakage. Enjoy and proceed. i just got a new bag of popcorn!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You ignore me because you can't handle a debate. And I am not the only one to take away from your diatribe, that you believe nicotine causes cancer.

The fault is on YOU for your lack of ability to communicate effectively. So instead of jumping to your own conclusion that it's someone else's fault, look in the mirror more often.

Again, maybe next you should claim toilet paper causes colon cancer. We don't have any studies yet to prove otherwise.
I would put it out there.... some TOILET paper gives you cancer... or at least feels like it.
The wax paper thin single ply, ala barber shop neck paper...
The Military wood pulp and chunk sub grade asswipe... like those my first writing pads back in school.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah in the army we called it John Wayne paper rough tough and don't take shit off no body!
Nope we used our note books... was softer kinda, but it lacked splinters and woodchips that the toilet paper was sporting.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope we used our note books... was softer kinda, but it lacked splinters and woodchips that the toilet paper was sporting.

Those splinters and chips were Mil-Spec grade.
Not only did it build character in the soldiers, it kept the soldiers bung hole tidy for inspection.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those splinters and chips were Mil-Spec grade.
Not only did it build character in the soldiers, it kept the soldiers bung hole tidy for inspection.
Only thing motherfucking mil-spec about the splinter and butt hole wood chips is it was the lowest bidder winning.

VU Sponsors