Become a Patron!

high vg

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the high vg kick that has been going on for awhile got me interested. For 3 weeks I vaped 15/85 juice.

I was working a lot and had some joint pain and just felt overall very worn out.

I switched back to 70/30 and presto 1 day latter no pain and my energy was back.

Anyone else experience this?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would say depends on where you get your vg from, some has some major impurities and or derived from soy.

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
was bought at vapers tek

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
interesting.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No I have never experienced anything like that.. But each person is different so do what works for you.

The only PG in any of my juices is the flavor. to 1 to 3% of my juice has PG in it… Other wise its all VG and it works great for me, I just personally do not like PG. Its fine in my toothpaste though. ;)

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The most vg I can do is 50/50 otherwise I wheeze.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything higher than 25 PG makes my acne and eczema flare up BAD, so.....
I need 75 (preferably above, even) VG.

Guess we're all a buncha beautiful and unique snowflakes, despite what Tyler Durden mighta wanted us to believe.

m_cdb54889a85d41148ee8c91a5d55603d.gif

Last edited:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The most vg I can do is 50/50 otherwise I wheeze.
Weird, I'm the opposite. If I use more than 10% PG then I get sore throat and wheeze. LOL. Fascinating how we are all so different! :)

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow, thanks all for your responses, tried a buddies juice today (high vg mix again). It came from a different shop, same thing happened, so must be something about high vg that I can't tolerate.

Exchaner

Member For 5 Years
bwent, this is very very strange. I am having the exact opposite problem as you. A high percentage of pg results in some bad joint pain around my ankle and arch. Switched to 75% vg, and the pain eased a lot .... I was told joint pain was the result of dehydration. Although pg and vg are both dehydrating agents, vg is less so. Have you tried drinking more water? It helps me a lot !!! In my particular case another possibility is a newly developed allergy to nicotine. I say so because each time I cheat with an analog, the pain shoots up three-fold. Nicotine absorbs a lot faster when smoking. Keep us posted about your use of water.

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the vg in question was Vegetable Glycerin USP C3H8O3, which is as far as I am able to determine was palm based. So no soy.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just starrted getting horrible headaches like I have right now since I started making 20/80 approx for dripping hmmmmm now I dont know if its a flu bug or a VG bug dear god

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not a alarmist thread, just looking for input from other folks on high vg mixes. I have been vaping for over 1 1/2 years this is the first time I experienced anything bad, and the nice thing is that going back to a higher pg juice cleared all the issues.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@bwent Yeah I think I am going to try this as well I am going to cut my sub-ohming to .8 ohms with my magma for now and go back to 50/50

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
could be just a headache, everyone gets them from time to time

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just to let everybody know I will be buying the same vg from the same company on my next order. The vg in question is a the same available from many stores around the web. I don't think my problem is with the vg, I think the problem I experienced was with the concentration of the mix. This may not be a problem for most or possibly all of you. Just my experience.

VU Sponsors