Become a Patron!

high wattage parallel builds

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what are some good high wattage parallel builds using 22 24 or 26 gauge?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
basic breakdown is
more metal = high watts
lower guage = more metal
more coils = more metal
larger ID = more metal

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i tried a fused clapton build that came in at .19 and i didnt really like it. too much metal to heat up and not much vapor due to all the metal. how about like 4 wraps of 24 gauge?

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think with parallel im going to go for low resistance coils to hit higher watts with series i like more metal but with parallel it just doesnt seem to heat up enough for me i like a pretty warm vape

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i tried a fused clapton build that came in at .19 and i didnt really like it. too much metal to heat up and not much vapor due to all the metal. how about like 4 wraps of 24 gauge?
i think with parallel im going to go for low resistance coils to hit higher watts with series i like more metal but with parallel it just doesnt seem to heat up enough for me i like a pretty warm vape
what box mod and how many watts? I'm running fused claptons right now dual build .17 ohms (SS316 wire) at 115 watts and the ramp up is non existent.

if you want warmer just increase the wattage, no reason to rebuild

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it was on my custom series/parallel box mod and should have been around 90 watts in parallel mode. this was some heavy wire but im not sure of the specs

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
right now i got a 5 wrap dual 24 gauge in and i like it better

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a mech wattage is dependent on the resistance used.
150W is high wattage and 250W is also high wattage.

So tell us what wattage you're aiming for, which batteries are used, how many of them are used and if you want to use it in parallel or serial and we'll tell you which resistance to aim for.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With a mech wattage is dependent on the resistance used.
150W is high wattage and 250W is also high wattage.

So tell us what wattage you're aiming for, which batteries are used, how many of them are used and if you want to use it in parallel or serial and we'll tell you which resistance to aim for.
i understand that wattage is dependent on resistance but im using dual lg hb2's im going to be using the mod in parallel mode and im looking for around 120 watts. the wire i have is 22, 24 and 26 gauge

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Considering HG2s are 20A and calculating 2 in parallel as 20 + 20/2 = 30A you should be able to build at 0.14 which would put you at the top limit of the batteries and at 126W (with full batteries and without calculating voltage drop).
Use the following calculator to figure out the builds number of wraps and ID needed to reach that resistance with those wires.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Considering HG2s are 20A and calculating 2 in parallel as 20 + 20/2 = 30A you should be able to build at 0.14 which would put you at the top limit of the batteries and at 126W (with full batteries and without calculating voltage drop).
Use the following calculator to figure out the builds number of wraps and ID needed to reach that resistance with those wires.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp
i have hb2's not hg2's

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive never liked 24 and thicker wire myself due to ramp up time unless used with 26g or 28g fror staged heating. Try using 26g in between your 24g wraps and that should really pick up your ramp up time

VU Sponsors