Become a Patron!

higher % of PG or VG?

so i was reading online about e-liquids and came across a section which talked about PG and VG

i have tried a few liquids and prefered the sweetness and taste of the one with a higher PG.

does this mean ill prefer any liquid with a higher % of PG over a liquid with higher VG?

sorry the grammar was terrible lol

btw the liquid i have now is 80% PG - 20% VG. 0 nic

thank's

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've not noticed a flavor difference with lower PG ratios, just a reduced throat hit (which I've never been a fan of). The biggest thing is to just be mindful of the device you intend to use. I don't recommend dropping below 50%PG on standard tanks as you'll get wicking problems. 80%VG+ will even have wicking problems on some sub-ohm tanks. I've found 70% PG to work best on most standard tanks, and 30%PG to be the most versatile on the sub-ohm tanks.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pg is a flavor saver. Also creates throat hit. More pg more flavor and more throat hit but less clouds. Vg makes clouds. More vg less flavor less throat hit More clouds. I have a reaction to a lot of pg like some people do. Lowest I go is 70vg to 30 pg. Mostly max vg. Vg clogs tanks of they are not subohm

andyl

Member For 4 Years
Pg is a flavor saver. Also creates throat hit. More pg more flavor and more throat hit but less clouds. Vg makes clouds. More vg less flavor less throat hit More clouds. I have a reaction to a lot of pg like some people do. Lowest I go is 70vg to 30 pg. Mostly max vg. Vg clogs tanks of they are not subohm
What he said ^^^^^^^

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
so i was reading online about e-liquids and came across a section which talked about PG and VG

i have tried a few liquids and prefered the sweetness and taste of the one with a higher PG.

does this mean ill prefer any liquid with a higher % of PG over a liquid with higher VG?

sorry the grammar was terrible lol

btw the liquid i have now is 80% PG - 20% VG. 0 nic

thank's

So it's been some time since your last post.
Any updates on your current preference of PG/VG ratios?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To much vg gives me a heaviness in the lungs, what lungs I have left after 48 yrs of the stinkies, I generally use 80% pg but sometimes mix it up.

Ibdaniel69_vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your using a box mod or mech you might be better off going with Max vg, overall I feel that vg just better in my opinion more Vaper taste is still there probably not as much as pg but I dislike the throat hit from the pg. if your talking tank wise it would depend on the coil head because if it isn't hot enough Vape vg will not go well with it so your only choice would be at least 50/50

VU Sponsors