Become a Patron!

Higher wattage juice

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Anyone have any suggestions for a higher wattage juice? Seems like my first batch of GOC likes it around 50 watts. I really like to be around 70 watts. Started off great but something is off now.

I might not have gotten flavorings throughly mixed. It was amazing at first but flavor seems way different on the last 20ml or so. I shook the hell out of it a half dozen times or so but there wasn’t much headroom in the bottle. It only steeped for 24 hours, perhaps a little more.

Anyone have anything similar happen?

Last edited:

dm450

Member For 1 Year
what exactly is "off" about it? Tastes burnt?

Yeah I guess that’s how I’d describe it. Was like that all yesterday so I rewicked and cleaned coils last night and it’s still that way.

Maybe it needs a fresh set of coils but I see ppl getting months out of coils and these are only few weeks old?

Lots of things to try. But I’m out of my first batch GOC so I’ll have to make more.

Second thing I’ve tried is the Best Damn Pink Lemonade. So far I think something up with it as well. Mixes smell AMAZING but flavor soooo muted. Maybe max VG isn’t the way to go??

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
well, if it's max VG, it might not be wicking correctly because VG is thicker. What tank are you using? Also, mixing "max" VG does require a longer steep time, so it could be a couple of things...

You might need new coils also

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Using an Aromamizer Plus. Wicks are wet and not getting that burned cotton taste/throat hit, so I’m comfortable ruling that out.

Coils is an easy thing to test because I can swap them out without emptying tank and vape the exact same as what I was vaping before.

Something that just struck me. I was vaping Peanut Butter Bond from Lightning Vapes at 0mg and I freaking loved that stuff! That’s about the time I decided that I was missing the throat hit from few years back when I vaped so I went to 3mg. To me that was to harsh and the flavor went to absolute shit. Perhaps for my palate I’m using to much nic and muting the flavors??

So many variables lol.

dm450

Member For 1 Year
What I have noticed, with the little I can change while at work, is that if I take the wattage down to 45 the flavor becomes more prominent again. Still not great but usable.

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Ugh it has gotten so bad I can’t even vape it. I’m gonna try it in another atty when I get home and completely rebuild the Aromamizer. Not just a rewick this time.

It would be the first time but maybe it’s not wicking well. I didn’t comb out the ends and spend much time with them like I normally do.

Last edited:

dm450

Member For 1 Year
well, if it's max VG, it might not be wicking correctly because VG is thicker. What tank are you using? Also, mixing "max" VG does require a longer steep time, so it could be a couple of things...

You might need new coils also

I think you nailed it with the wicking! Combed out tails like normal along with fresh coils and the juice actually has flavor. I think one side was to tight in "well" and wasn't wicking properly.

Looking back that should have stood out more to me. I wasn't getting the popping and snapping of the juice on the coils like usual.

Thanks for advice!!

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's awesome that you figured it out! I've noticed that too, if the tails aren't 'right' it still wicks, but not very well, causing dry hits.

VU Sponsors