Become a Patron!

Hive coils out performing Clapton

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Does any like hive coils? I just installed a set using high guage wire, and I have to say installation of coils that are flimsy like that are a total bitch.

They do however produce way more vapor then the ribbon Clapton I had in. They don't look special at all, standard ass kenthal demon Hunter coils, I've had good luck so far.

Have coils? How are they.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They produce great vape. Kind of a hot dense vape. I'm really digging these coils. They don't look as pretty as my Claptons, or my twisted kenthal that I wrap myself but they perform great.
6d02202ed1ab05235466e6a27c18a642.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I found making "exotic" coils to be more for show and looks to be honest. I get the best flavor and cloud mix l(although I'm not really chasing clouds) using reg round wire 22g (most of the time) 6-7 wraps single coil. Also normally either 3mm or 3.5mm wrap and 4mm in my pulse 22.
Second pic for fun lol
5e9df92f94df219acad36ced535c5047.jpg
d059ad0dc57ee993a56f605c5e1eef04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's so cool to see how sometimes low builds are not what you want. I actually think I'm starting to prefer like .5ish, using less some times is more.

Ohms law never seems to keep my brain sharp. I am a thinker. Always thinking.

Smaller wire gauge means faster ramp up time at lower Watts. I would not like these little hives at 95 like I like these thick as alien Claptons.

I just bought 2 100' spools of 28 and 30. Hive is now my go to coil. Switched from 26g twisted kenthal. Been reviewing these pre mades.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Nice rda I really want to get the pulse bad as fuck im just drained on cash till school check comes.

VU Sponsors