Become a Patron!

Hobbies

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
George was a bit off on the date, but otherwise....

the slime oozing from your TV set.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda fun
b8e39faa25bdbf9dbc5f90c85dcff303.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Why do most of my hobbies feel work-focused?

Anyhow, I like tinkering and dabbling with electronics, welding, soldering, and of course - gaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Do you game at work, though?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why do most of my hobbies feel work-focused?

Anyhow, I like tinkering and dabbling with electronics, welding, soldering, and of course - gaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad; my newest hobby is sorta work-ish too -- sewing! So far just altering my clothes since I lost some weight, but I keep threatening to get into quilting. :)

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Carving is beyond my woodcraft skills, as is drawing and painting, Just dont have an eye for it ...
It's only been a little more than a week for me. I watched a lot of videos before I got started. They definitely help. It's more step by step on some of them.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Music, always been music. Golf, fishing, and bowling pre-wife n kids. Now, home hobbies so music n vaping. I do things like pandora and spotify, but I enjoy collecting and listening to CD's. Own somewhere between 12 and 14 thousand CD's, and still check out the artwork and listen to them daily. :)

Oh and I can drink really good too. Like really, really good. But I'm working on that... :rolleyes:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That’s beautiful, AJ. Really pretty opal. You should sell them here, I’d buy one. With a different stone.
Thank you , I did that one about 10 yrs ago, problem is good opal rough has gotten too expensive to gamble on getting anything usable..this one has a slightly fogged face and if I grind it more I might just lose the color. there lools to be some super bright blue green fire under the layer that is visible, I will spend a couple of hours with a microscope deciding on whether or not to keep polishing...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you , I did that one about 10 yrs ago, problem is good opal rough has gotten too expensive to gamble on getting anything usable..this one has a slightly fogged face and if I grind it more I might just lose the color. there lools to be some super bright blue green fire under the layer that is visible, I will spend a couple of hours with a microscope deciding on whether or not to keep polishing...

Can you get easier material to work with? Isn’t opal one of the trickiest stones like that?

You could prolly polish and set other stones. What can I say, I used to collect crystals and minerals. (Semi precious gemstones.)

However, the Chinese have screwed up the market here. We used to be able to get gorgeous stones from Brazil here, and now the Chinese sell slag as “crystals”!!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can you get easier material to work with? Isn’t opal one of the trickiest stones like that?

You could prolly polish and set other stones. What can I say, I used to collect crystals and minerals. (Semi precious gemstones.)

However, the Chinese have screwed up the market here. We used to be able to get gorgeous stones from Brazil here, and now the Chinese sell slag as “crystals”!!

China and India buy out the market and then can undersell everyone else. I have done many other stones other than opal, but opalitis is much stronger than shinyitis...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
China and India buy out the market and then can undersell everyone else. I have done many other stones other than opal, but opalitis is much stronger than shinyitis...

They’re amazing stones, I’m not surprised you got obsessed. About 12 years ago, I remember looking at opals from Oz and that part of the world. Beautiful, but expensive.
I stopped buying stones because it became a really expensive hobby. Plus the Brazilian guy I was buying from, who had a few mines there, went back there and closed his shop. :cry:

I like Labradorite a lot, too. It’s a beautiful stone.

VU Sponsors