Become a Patron!

HOG clone

Hi guys new member here,

Before we get too far into - you shouldn't have bought a clone etc.. I've been vaping for a long time now, and have always bought authentic gear, and top notch batteries.

I'd heard about the HOG mods before and have done a bit of reading in to them. I jumped at one that came up for sale for something different.

I put 4 new/charged up 25r's in it combined with a goon 528 atty with a pretty basic dual .60ohm clapton build on it to keep it somewhat ~tame.

The volt meter on the side was registering the correct reading but after a few hits I started feeling an electric charge, almost light zapp sensation with my mouth on the goon atty.

Anyone have any decent experience with the HOG that may be able to shed some light on what is causing that to happen or why that is happening?

I stopped using the mod when I noticed the electric charge feeling.
I haven't opened the HOG up internally yet. Just want to know if anyone has experienced similar?

Thanks for reading and inputs

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would open it up and check to see if the metal tab that touches the 510 is touching anything else, check the wiring and see if anything else is making a connection. A .6 is pretty high in resistance for a HOG but I could see the advantage for battery life using it...

The only thing I can think of is the RDA is becoming part of the circuit...which it already is in a sense but your getting feedback where the positive charge should not be...like a Cherry Bomber Mod

Ahh yes, good point raymo2u, thank you.

I've checked the rda, the connection there is safe and properly insulated.
I'll open the HOG internals and have a look. I'll post a photo of what I find

Cheers.

Could this be part of the issue - The flat face is not aligned with the firing button?

The wiring in the otherside is fine and connections are good

Attachments

• 1469491000035-116115617.jpg
    1469491000035-116115617.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 25

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That wouldnt make a real difference as there is enough contact area for it to work well....what clone is that BTW?? It looks alot better then mine did in the beginning

Everything looks as it should be...what type of RDA are you using?

The mod is the v2 hammer of god
Rda is an authentic goon 528

So far, I noticed the firing button was a tad dicky, fixed that up and adjusted the push throw to ~suit.

The flat section pictured I believe is meant to be lined up with the firing pin on the button.
The way it was before, the firing pin had no safety gap when the button was locked. That part is adjusted now so its safe to lock and the gap remains open, where as it wasnt before.

Also added in a insulating o ring in the 510 pin/delron (?). Not sure if I needed to as it didnt have one before, maybe it was missing. Might not actually do anything, but I'll give it a try

Interestingly enough, I've just put it all back together and tested it. Working all fine.

The electric tingle feeling on thr atty is still present, but nowhere near as strong as it was before. Might be because the batteries arent 100%

I'll trial an authentic temple rda on it to rule out if the atty is the cause

The tingle feeling can be likened to placing a weaker 9v battery on your tongue.. :/

VU Sponsors