Become a Patron!

HOG v3 help! issue with juice inside battery compartment

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well IDK if you got the help you needed yet but a few thoughts
(disclaimer, to do this, you should feel comfortable disassembling the whole mech, beaing able to clean it, and putting it back together)
1) you have to identify where the juice is getting in. so if it were me, I'd remove the batteries and the RDA and everything. and do a leak test. drips some soapy water. Mechanics run similar tests to find pinhole leaks. it would work best from the inside out but should be able to put it on top.
2) once you identify where the leak is coming from, then you can try to fix it. most likely an oring could work but some other options are clear silicon sealant like plumbers use

If i had to guess I'd say it's probably leaking through your 510 pin assembly.
Thank you very much! Best answer so far!

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just gonna leave it the way it is. I don't have the right tools and the juice isn't conductive so as long as I keep it clean every time I change batteries it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the help guys. And thanks for nothing ej

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It'll hit harder if you keep it clean. You only need a small Phillips.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone taken the v3 apart ? Pictures anyone?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
If the contacts and 510 pin are all in good order, it's going to hit as hard as your batteries and build allow it to hit. Juice getting inside isn't going to cause a fire or anything so don't worry. The only bad that could happen would come from you completing the circuit (hit the firing button) while liquid is present in the path of the electrons in the current. Either that or somehow a highly conductive, ionizing liquid ends up contacting the positive and negative of the cell(s). Even then, you might not. Depends on the impurities of the Eliquid, as most liquids in a pure state won't conduct electricity at all, what makes water conductive is the salt content. So I would say you have little to worry over, just keep it clean and try to avoid over dripping on RDA's and using leaky RTA's.

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone taken the v3 apart ? Pictures anyone?
i did a rundown in one of the other hog v3 threads. theres four screws inside that release the top plate, then three more holding the two parts of the button under that.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i did a rundown in one of the other hog v3 threads. theres four screws inside that release the top plate, then three more holding the two parts of the button under that.
Got a link bro?

VU Sponsors