Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So who's got one already? I know some people have them in them in hand. If you were lucky enough to not order the blue or red one. I would love to hear some thoughts and see some hand checks of the ones that are out there already. My black one is on the way and I should have it Saturday. My red one has been delayed a week. I especially would like to see some pics with some different tanks on it. So lets go, lets see them.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So who's got one already? I know some people have them in them in hand. If you were lucky enough to not order the blue or red one. I would love to hear some thoughts and see some hand checks of the ones that are out there already. My black one is on the way and I should have it Saturday. My red one has been delayed a week. I especially would like to see some pics with some different tanks on it. So lets go, lets see them. Can a mod please move this. I posted it in the wrong place
I pre-ordered a silver mod. However, I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where did you pre order from? I pre ordered from The Cloudy Vapor. First time using them but they seem to be on top of things.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Where did you pre order from? I pre ordered from The Cloudy Vapor. First time using them but they seem to be on top of things.
Same here! The only place I could find, to place an order for this mod.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here! The only place I could find, to place an order for this mod.
Yeah I should have ordered from Vapor Cube. I think they have some sort of affiliation with Hohmtech because their Slices went out like 3 days ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I should have ordered from Vapor Cube. I think they have some sort of affiliation with Hohmtech because their Slices went out like 3 days ago.

I just checked my order on their website. Turns out, the mod has been shipped yesterday, and might arrive tomorrow.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad to hear that. As far as I know all the colors are out except for the red and blue. Be sure to let us know what you think.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad to hear that. As far as I know all the colors are out except for the red and blue. Be sure to let us know what you think.

Will do! Guess it's time to dig out my Kanthal A1 wire, in order to check out the TC for that kind of wire.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're new to FSK which stands for Fucking Sexy Kick Ass..........or maybe Flagship Killer :D There are 2 modes you need to know, XXX and Power, never mind all the other modes. Most of us run our G2's in XXX mode and adjust FSK from there. XXX is the all metals mode, no need to select kanthal, ss, ti.....etc. The FSK on kanthal for me is usually between 2 and 6% and SS about 10 to 17%, you adjust FSK up for a hotter vape and down for a cooler vape.

The cloudy vaper said they would ship my black slice out today, haven't got a shipping confirmation though. The red slice will hopefully be next week. I can't wait, been using a VF Stout for the road and it is great but the slice might replace it.

reminds me, going to send another email to the cloudy vaper to make sure they didn't forget about me like vapor cube did when I asked about will calling a slice, I guess those fuckers don't need my money.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're new to FSK which stands for Fucking Sexy Kick Ass..........or maybe Flagship Killer :D There are 2 modes you need to know, XXX and Power, never mind all the other modes. Most of us run our G2's in XXX mode and adjust FSK from there. XXX is the all metals mode, no need to select kanthal, ss, ti.....etc. The FSK on kanthal for me is usually between 2 and 6% and SS about 10 to 17%, you adjust FSK up for a hotter vape and down for a cooler vape.

The cloudy vaper said they would ship my black slice out today, haven't got a shipping confirmation though. The red slice will hopefully be next week. I can't wait, been using a VF Stout for the road and it is great but the slice might replace it.

reminds me, going to send another email to the cloudy vaper to make sure they didn't forget about me like vapor cube did when I asked about will calling a slice, I guess those fuckers don't need my money.
Tracking says my black one should be here Saturday from TCV. I only use xxx mode as well. I was hoping to keep the black one new in the box as a Vapocalypse mod but due to the delays on the red one that just ain't gonna happen.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They said they would get mine out today but I didn't get a tracking # so looks like I am SOL. Pre-orders suck, I am waiting for the Fuchai 213 as well, just like you I am sure......we have a sickness my friend and it feels so good!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They said they would get mine out today but I didn't get a tracking # so looks like I am SOL. Pre-orders suck, I am waiting for the Fuchai 213 as well, just like you I am sure......we have a sickness my friend and it feels so good!
Ecig.com on the Fuchai 213? If so Erik told me they ship on the 20th.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I heard the same thing. Vape Royalty said they expect it tomorrow but my order is in with ecig.com, got 2 coming as well, I am a mule for my friend who has to hide it from his wife.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, I heard the same thing. Vape Royalty said they expect it tomorrow but my order is in with ecig.com, got 2 coming as well, I am a mule for my friend who has to hide it from his wife.
Yep I got blue and orange coming. Knicks colors, I know they suck but I can't help it. Born and raised in NYC. lol. I'm waiting to see the reviews on that ipv6. She looks like a winner. No more pre orders for me.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tracking says my black one should be here Saturday from TCV. I only use xxx mode as well. I was hoping to keep the black one new in the box as a Vapocalypse mod but due to the delays on the red one that just ain't gonna happen.

I was reading your post and it got me to thinking. I wouldn't keep a mod new in the box. What I'm trying to say is I would definitely test it and make sure everything is functioning correctly. Then maybe box it back up. It would suck to got to use a mod say a year from now and find out you got a bad one and have it already be out of warranty.

PS If you already do this, just ignore my post.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was reading your post and it got me to thinking. I wouldn't keep a mod new in the box. What I'm trying to say is I would definitely test it and make sure everything is functioning correctly. Then maybe box it back up. It would suck to got to use a mod say a year from now and find out you got a bad one and have it already be out of warranty.

PS If you already do this, just ignore my post.

Cheers,
Steve
Lol, good point. No I haven't done it yet but I was going to try to do it with this one. Probably, wishful thinking because if I liked it a lot I would have broke that bad boy open. Jury is still out, we'll see.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya huck, I do to. I think I just need to check into Impatient Anonymous. That way no one knows who the guy yelling "Where is my vape gear dammit" is :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never get one from ecig.com, it just shows up within a few days. They've shipped fast, I hate to complain, but I like having a tracking #.
I always get a tracking # from ecig.com. You just have to follow the link on the email and log into your account to get it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I always get a tracking # from ecig.com.

Seriously? Man I didn't even get confirmation for my last order til the next day. I mean, I have no problem with them as a vendor, not at all. They've been fast and reliable IME, but never a tracking # yet LOL.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seriously? Man I didn't even get confirmation for my last order til the next day. I mean, I have no problem with them as a vendor, not at all. They've been fast and reliable IME, but never a tracking # yet LOL.
Lol, seriously Huck. I wouldn't mess with you. They send a confirmation email. You log into your account and there's always a tracking # there. You can even see all the tracking #'s from you past orders.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, ecig.com has always been reliable with tracking #'s except one time. I was referring to thecloudyvapor.com who I ordered the 2 slice from. I am so calm now that huck chimed in though....... look at those cheeks, who can be angry after that :yes:

F

fckaugust8th

@Deucesjack , I ordered from Vaporcube, but I'm gonna have to wait on the red and the blue slice:gaah::cuss2:. I just ordered a Presa 100w and I'm not sure if I want to order a black or a silver/white slice. I figured red, white and blue, but maybe I'll wait till around July 4th for a sale. Hopefully ecig.com will have the slice by then, I bought 3 G2s from them on Memorial Day week-end sale. The G2 was cheaper than the Slice pre-order!

F

fckaugust8th

Not meaning to derail the thread, but anyone pre-ordered the Sig 213 Fuchai? ecig.com has one hell of a price on them, and btw, thanks a whole heep of a lot @Deucesjack for pointing me in their direction:cuss2:I'll have to "win" a whole bunch of "giveaways" this month:wait:

F

fckaugust8th

Oh, yeah, one more thing! The Sig 213 Fuchai is the same price as the Slice (not the LE), so, which one?

pghman

Member For 4 Years
My blue slice arrived from vaporcube last night. It has some quality control issues as the fire button slides in under the casing causing it to auto fire. I also have a misaligned battery door. Assuming those issues didn't exist, build quality is sub par as compared to my g2 but that is to be excpected with the price point. Overall it's nice looking and feels good in my hand but I have some real concerns as the only other person that I know that received one also has the fire button problem.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My blue slice arrived from vaporcube last night. It has some quality control issues as the fire button slides in under the casing causing it to auto fire. I also have a misaligned battery door. Assuming those issues didn't exist, build quality is sub par as compared to my g2 but that is to be excpected with the price point. Overall it's nice looking and feels good in my hand but I have some real concerns as the only other person that I know that received one also has the fire button problem.
Wow! I really hate to hear that. It's starting to look like Hohmtech is coming apart at the seams. Wtf is with these guys that they can't seem to properly release a new product. Great mods but what a shitty management team. The whole premise of the weeks of delays was they wanted to get it right. Lol, guess that didn't work out to well.

pghman

Member For 4 Years
Wow! I really hate to hear that. It's starting to look like Hohmtech is coming apart at the seams. Wtf is with these guys that they can't seem to properly release a new product. Great mods but what a shitty management team. The whole premise of the weeks of delays was they wanted to get it right. Lol, guess that didn't work out to well.

I want to be fair to them, they don't do the manufacturing. I'll report back after vaporcube and hometech work this out for me. I'm hoping that this is just a coincidence and not the norm and for that reason I almost didn't post it but if others have the issue then I think it also needs to be known. Let's see how the others report back.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to be fair to them, they don't do the manufacturing. I'll report back after vaporcube and hometech work this out for me. I'm hoping that this is just a coincidence and not the norm and for that reason I almost didn't post it but if others have the issue then I think it also needs to be known. Let's see how the others report back.
Well, my tracking updated and suprise, suprise USPS is going to be a day early. Looks like my black Slice will be here today. I'll let you know how mine looks. I also intend to snap a few pics with different attys. Which blue one did you get the tiffany or the dark?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lets not absolve them because they don't manufacture it in house. They hire the company that does the manufacturing. They are responsible for checking the work to make sure it's up to par (they should be checking the mods to make sure they are right before sending them out). Lastly it's their name that's on it.

I get that if it's just yours people shouldn't overreact. But who can you blame if that's not the case, other than them?

Cheers,
Steve

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I received my silver Slice LE today. The fire button doesn't get stuck. I'm currently charging the battery. Therefore, I won't be able to test it right away.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine today too. Was supposed to be here tomorrow. Yay!!! Vape Mail. Ok I'm going inside to put a battery in it now. Lmao

P.S. And they put some candy in the box too. Pop rocks, blow pop, and 2 pixie sticks!!!!

Last edited:

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Works exactly as the G2. The fire button has a little rattle. I set it to the same settings as my G2. It's heavier than I thought it would be. Feels really nice in the hand considering its size and I wear xxxl gloves. I got the Tiffany blue because it's for my wife. I like it. I think I'll get another for shits and grins. I got the limited edition. I hate to hear others are having problems but when you put out a new product that happens. Hell look at the Sigelie 213 or the Realeaux RX200S I think it's called. Their other products are good but they've had a few problems. I've yet to see any new product that doesn't have at least a few problems. Look at all the recalls on cars.

pghman

Member For 4 Years
Lets not absolve them because they don't manufacture it in house. They hire the company that does the manufacturing. They are responsible for checking the work to make sure it's up to par (they should be checking the mods to make sure they are right before sending them out). Lastly it's their name that's on it.

I get that if it's just yours people shouldn't overreact. But who can you blame if that's not the case, other than them?

Cheers,
Steve
Definitely don't want to absolve them but don't want the pitch forks either until it's time of course. Vaporcube responded saying that hometech stated there is a known issue on a limited runs of the mod regarding the button

pghman

Member For 4 Years
Those that have them try this. While pushing the button in slide your finger off of it rather than lifting it and see if it sticks. I am able to duplicate the issue that way.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Just got the black one in the mail today. Attached my Merlin put in my Basen and vaped. Fucking firing button sticks. Damn it. Every 3 to 5 times I hit the button it sticks. Just emailed TCV looks like she's going back. A big fuck you to Hohmtech.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Just got the black one in the mail today. Attached my Merlin put in my Basen and vaped. Fucking firing button sticks. Damn it. Every 3 to 5 times I hit the button it sticks. Just emailed TCV looks like she's going back. A big fuck you to Hohmtech.
Sorry to hear that buddy. You know I usually like your posts, but I can't bring myself to click on like for that. Good luck! I hope they get you sorted soon.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear that buddy. You know I usually like your posts, but I can't bring myself to click on like for that. Good luck! I hope they get you sorted soon.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks bud. It's a nice looking mod and it feels great but they really skimped on the buttons. They look cheap and feel cheap. The problem is they're using a pushed in concave type firing button. It seems real skimpy and not beefy like the G2 button which also has a concave button but its much bigger. When you hit the button if your thumb or finger slides up in the least bit the button gets stuck. It also rattles like a son of a bitch if you shake it but I really don't care about that because I don't use my mods as Maracas. I'm sure the button rattle has something to do with the sticking issue. Not a very happy camper right now. Just emailed Hohmtech and they are sending me a label to send it back.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just an FYI. Anyone else that has a sticky firing button should contact Hohmtech and they will send you a prepaid shipping label to get it fixed. They asked me to let people know who have this issue as well.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was at a local vape shop yesterday and they had the black, grey and blue Fuchai 213, weight wise it feels the same as the carbon fiber version. They were asking $80, uhm No. From what I heard most things come in from China from the West Coast ports so that is usually why west coast dealers have them first. I am pretty confident ecig.com will ship out our Fuchai 213's next week.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was at a local vape shop yesterday and they had the black, grey and blue Fuchai 213, weight wise it feels the same as the carbon fiber version. They were asking $80, uhm No. From what I heard most things come in from China from the West Coast ports so that is usually why west coast dealers have them first. I am pretty confident ecig.com will ship out our Fuchai 213's next week.
Daniel from Djlsb Vapes just ripped the 213.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes he did deuces. I love his videos... especially when something isn't right. He doesn't care what he says and it's awesome. Makes me laugh hystericaly

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel from Djlsb Vapes just ripped the 213.

Yeah, I just saw it.

I am OK with 155 watts though, realistically none of these 2 battery mods do over 200 watts without pulsing anyway, it is the limitations of the batteries.

For me I only use the G2 for TC and all my other mods are run in power mode, I can understand how it won't work for you though jack, I know you exclusively use TC. They were supposed to make a change in TC for the Fuchai 213 (155 lol) DJ was reviewing the original so hopefully it is fixed.

Really I am just after the form factor and to vape in power mode. Looks like the pro's outweigh the cons for me and at the price from the ecig.com memorial day sale I am happy, would be pissed if I paid $100 though.

I really do like Djlsb Vapes videos the best as well, really informative and he doesn't hold back.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I just saw it.

I am OK with 155 watts though, realistically none of these 2 battery mods do over 200 watts without pulsing anyway, it is the limitations of the batteries.

For me I only use the G2 for TC and all my other mods are run in power mode, I can understand how it won't work for you though jack, I know you exclusively use TC. They were supposed to make a change in TC for the Fuchai 213 (155 lol) DJ was reviewing the original so hopefully it is fixed.

Really I am just after the form factor and to vape in power mode. Looks like the pro's outweigh the cons for me and at the price from the ecig.com memorial day sale I am happy, would be pissed if I paid $100 though.

I really do like Djlsb Vapes videos the best as well, really informative and he doesn't hold back.

Most dual 18650 mods pulse over 150 watts. Most single 18650 mods are capped at 75 watts. To me, dual 18650 mods should be capped at no more than 150 watts. I think most of these mods advertised power is pure bullshit. It's the thing in this industry that most irritates and infuriates me. Even if you are going to take input current limits off, then you are left with one of two scenarios:
1. It's going to be dangerous because you will drawing more current than is safe from the battery and risk thermal runaway.
2. Runtimes would be absolutely horrendous (mainly 1 though)

Rant over, now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I just saw it.

Yeah really not to worried about it. I bought 2 Fuchai 213's, one for me and one for a lady friend. If I don't like it I guess I'll toss it on ebay or put it back in the box as a Vapocalypse mod. I would be so pissed if I paid over $100 for this. What about all the people running around saying the pre set tc is fine. Looks like they're full of shit or they just don't know what a good tc vape is.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not worries about the 155w thing but through Tc on the sig 213 was horrible. And it didn't seem to lock resistance

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Deucesjack Your talking about a 4 July sale. My wife is gonna be pissed if I jump on this bandwagon. She added up everything I bought in the last two months. You don't want to know. I did tell her flavors don't count. She didn't buy it
That's a bad day indeed. Your only counter is too add up all the shoes, purses, dresses, etc that she bought during the same time frame. Wives are even better at hiding expenditures that husbands are. OK I'm just messing around (sort of) so ladies, please no hate mail. :p:D:giggle:

PS Plus she doesn't have the looming regs hanging over her head (I'll mitigate the damage for you one way or the other lmao)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a bad day indeed. Your only counter is too add up all the shoes, purses, dresses, etc that she bought during the same time frame. Wives are even better at hiding expenditures that husbands are. OK I'm just messing around (sort of) so ladies, please no hate mail. :p:D:giggle:

PS Plus she doesn't have the looming regs hanging over her head (I'll mitigate the damage for you one way or the other lmao)

Cheers,
Steve

Plus
I tried to explain that....both points. Funny thing is the same night she talked mt spending a package for her came to the door. Funny girl.

VU Sponsors