Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Has that happened to you Jack and/or done the replacement thing yourself?
Yeah when I first got mine on preorder my black one had a sticky firing button. HT claims it only affected like 2% but I think they under estimated that number based on the amount of people here that had the issue. I sent mine back but if I had to do it again I'd do it myself.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
now it says coupon disabled for the 50% off, oh well, not like I need to spend more money...lol

Got my Crius Plus today. Vaping away wicked up with dual .3 Clapton on the Slice now.

Not a bad tank but I don't think you are missing out. Lots of airflow. Definitely a step down in the flavor department from my standard Aromimizer Supreme though. Wish i could close 2 of these 4 holes on the bottom.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my Crius Plus today. Vaping away wicked up with dual .3 Clapton on the Slice now.

Not a bad tank but I don't think you are missing out. Lots of airflow. Definitely a step down in the flavor department from my standard Aromimizer Supreme though. Wish i could close 2 of these 4 holes on the bottom.
Interesting, got mine yesterday also, I run big coils in all my tanks and didnt have high hopes for the box of Crius pluses I ordered but I must say, I like it more that the aromamizer supreme and the only reason I like my griffins more is because of the Griffin build quality.20161229_174759.jpg 20161229_174939.jpgNot a bad tank at all

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting, got mine yesterday also, I run big coils in all my tanks and didnt have high hopes for the box of Crius pluses I ordered but I must say, I like it more that the aromamizer supreme and the only reason I like my griffins more is because of the Griffin build quality.View attachment 70242 View attachment 70243Not a bad tank at all

Interesting.

Never tried a Griffin. In fact I'm pretty behind the times in tanks since I got my Supreme and haven't looked around since. This place the end of your wicking in the 4 slots thing is new to me.

Noticing today that I only see air bubbles coming out of one of those juice control holes. Tank seems to be having no problem keeping up, but maybe that is effecting the flavor?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Interesting.

Never tried a Griffin. In fact I'm pretty behind the times in tanks since I got my Supreme and haven't looked around since. This place the end of your wicking in the 4 slots thing is new to me.

Noticing today that I only see air bubbles coming out of one of those juice control holes. Tank seems to be having no problem keeping up, but maybe that is effecting the flavor?
i just got a griffin 25 plus. it's a great tank but i don't think it's better then a supreme. it's worth a try though. you make like it better.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just got a griffin 25 plus. it's a great tank but i don't think it's better then a supreme. it's worth a try though. you make like it better.

I've watched here and there to see if I ever saw it on a steal sale (like under $15 :)) but never did.

Although my earlier comment was a lie. I did look back once to try the Geekvape Avocado 24 when that came out. Wasn't really a good match for me though. Been meaning to put it up for trade for months now lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've watched here and there to see if I ever saw it on a steal sale (like under $15 :)) but never did.

Although my earlier comment was a lie. I did look back once to try the Geekvape Avocado 24 when that came out. Wasn't really a good match for me though. Been meaning to put it up for trade for months now lol.
I'm sure you could trade it easily. I'm not a huge RDTA style person myself. I traded my avacado 24 for a alpha BFT on here and gave away my limitless plus to a friend. I only have the azeroth and 2 30mm ones calypso and iron maiden. i paid 26 for my griffin 25+ they really haven't come down in price at all.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting.

The bubbles coming out of one side happens on every tank I have that wicks like that. Totally normal on that style of tank. It shouldn't affect the flavor at all. I'm sure there's a reason they all do that but I don't know it. Lol.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The bubbles coming out of one side happens on every tank I have that wicks like that. Totally normal on that style of tank. It shouldn't affect the flavor at all. I'm sure there's a reason they all do that but I don't know it. Lol.

-William Cowper
lol yeah i noticed the same on my girffin 25+ only one side bubbles but it wicks like a champ

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting.

The bubbles are fine, they only come out 1 spot because well its air and is all going to exit with the spot of least resistance. All 3 are great tanks I just dont put the aromamizer at the top. Just because they are wicking doesnt mean they are wicking correctly, its a fine line between too much wick and muted flavor, too little and a leak, and the perfect amount thats in the middle.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, appreciate the clarification info guys.

Guess I'll play around with the wicking method tonight on the others I got and see what works for me. Some videos i watched had a fair amount going in and touching the bottom (which is what i tried first). Others had it just barely going into the slots.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, appreciate the clarification info guys.

Guess I'll play around with the wicking method tonight on the others I got and see what works for me. Some videos i watched had it going in and touching the bottom (which is what i tried first). Others had it just barely going into the slots.
Whenever I wick a deck with a ring on it or where the wick has to hang down in a slot I like to cut my wicks in the shape of a point. For me it seems to wick better. When I wick the coil and the cotton looks like a bow I just cut the corners off. Seems to work for me.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Whenever I wick a deck with a ring on it or where the wick has to hang down in a slot I like to cut my wicks in the shape of a point. For me it seems to wick better. When I wick the coil and the cotton looks like a bow I just cut the corners off. Seems to work for me.

-William Cowper
thats the best way IMO

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got one of those bargains on the Slice LE and at first thought they had sent me an SE, but if you hold it just right in a certain kind of light you can see the Hohmtech graphic and the ohm signs, as the pics I looked at showed pretty pronounced graphics, wondering if that is normal?. The box also indicates an LE. For all practical purposes it is just a nice (Dodger or NRA blue, latter for me) shade of blue that I'm really liking. It is working just fine right out of the box, and is on firmware 1.2.3. After having a lot of trouble updating one of my G2's, I'm feeling like just leave really good alone and not have a hassle with trying to get the latest and greatest...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got one of those bargains on the Slice LE and at first thought they had sent me an SE, but if you hold it just right in a certain kind of light you can see the Hohmtech graphic and the ohm signs, as the pics I looked at showed pretty pronounced graphics, wondering if that is normal?. The box also indicates an LE. For all practical purposes it is just a nice (Dodger or NRA blue, latter for me) shade of blue that I'm really liking. It is working just fine right out of the box, and is on firmware 1.2.3. After having a lot of trouble updating one of my G2's, I'm feeling like just leave really good alone and not have a hassle with trying to get the latest and greatest...
Certain colors show the HT symbols better than others. The blue ones are tough to see. Silver, Tiffany blue and Black are the easiest to see. Red and Blue, they don't show up to well.

-William Cowper

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How are you guys doing with battery life? I'm running some big coils in a Limitless rta and kind of fogging the room a bit, but it is going thru the Basen and Mnke's pretty quickly. Running in xxx and auto tc is disabled.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are you guys doing with battery life? I'm running some big coils in a Limitless rta and kind of fogging the room a bit, but it is going thru the Basen and Mnke's pretty quickly. Running in xxx and auto tc is disabled.

For me the Slice is in the middle of the pack as far as my 26650 mods go for battery life. The worst is the VT75 unless I only use .35 ohm builds and up and the best is the VF Stout but that is because I hardly go over 50 watts, more around the 45 watt range most of the time. The new Nebula I got seems to do well with battery life, might be better than the Stout but I have not used it enough to say for sure.

Right now I have a Altus T1 tank on my Blue Slice with 0.46 ohm chip thing it uses. Have it in xxx mode at 15% FSK 101 watts 450F and went through a whole tank and my battery is as 88%. Generally though if I am using a TFV8 on it and go through a whole tank the battery would be even less. I don't use the TFV8 or any other high wattage tanks on my other single 26650 mods though, just doesn't hit like the Slice and battery life would be worse.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, not yet and frankly, I'm not so sure I will. I made a "hillbilly airflow restrictor" and it actually works but I'm not in a hurry to find another problem child.
I was definitely apprehensive about it but it looks like they got this one right. So far I've run thorough about four tanks with 3 different builds and airflow combos. Tomorrow I'm gonna wick up the dual deck. So far the flavor is on point and no seeping.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remembered having the Merlin mini in the cart at one of the chinese stores, it seems I took it out. I have a Serpent mini and a Digiflavor Siren on the way.....maybe before Easter????

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what's a decent price for the Merlin Mini? I might get one since they're including the 1.5 mm restrictor.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If youre running dual fused claptons or more then your battery life is going to suck on any single battery mod. I like the idea of my slice but my go to builds are dual 2×24/40 fused or dual 3×26/36 aliens and both are not practical builds for the slice but are both excellent on the G2. Stainless aliens, latest fw 316L setting, 171 watts and 430 is great on the G2, slice would be dead in 3 hrs with that build and the ramp up would be miserable at 101 watts

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So what's a decent price for the Merlin Mini? I might get one since they're including the 1.5 mm restrictor.
Here anything under $30 is good. China you're looking at $19 maybe a little better on a New Year's sale. You should be able to find a good deal on it this weekend. If something jumps out at me I'll pm ya.

-William Cowper

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking to get me a Hohm Slice. Does anyone know how long the sale is going for on Vaporcube? I'm trying to wait until Monday to order but I don't want to miss the crazy price on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking to get me a Hohm Slice. Does anyone know how long the sale is going for on Vaporcube? I'm trying to wait until Monday to order but I don't want to miss the crazy price on it.

You will be alright

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The kids at Vapor Cube are rather forgetful! The sale code might still be good at Easter, after all the 4th of July code was still working about a month ago.

Fingers crossed! What a freaking deal. It would be nice if I could unload one or two of my unregulated mods in the Trading Post so I would 't feel the hit in my bank account! Haha

Thanks for the reply!

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Of course Vaporworld has the Limited Edition right now (until 11:59pm 12/31) for $29. (Vaporcube sale is the Standard Edition) :wave:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course Vaporworld has the Limited Edition right now (until 11:59pm 12/31) for $29. (Vaporcube sale is the Standard Edition) :wave:

Believe it or not I like the standard edition better. Looks cleaner to me. There's nothing performance difference between them, right?

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Believe it or not I like the standard edition better. Looks cleaner to me. There's nothing performance difference between them, right?

Vaping no, but the LE has 2A onboard charging if one uses that. I too thought the Slice LE was going to look like the G2 LE with inscribed symbols but they are very subtle, barely perceptible.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I always charge externally but the quick charging in the LE has come in handy on more than one occasion.

-William Cowper

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just throwing it out there... just picked up two slice LEfor $30 each at vaporworld.biz! Bought one, used it... bought another! Love this mod!

WTF?? Did they switch things up on their site in the last hour or two? Just checked out their site, and the Slice LE is no longer on their 50% Off page, and so the coupon code doesn't work for it. :(

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, looks like. Too many $29 Slices going out I guess, glad i scored a couple.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WTF?? Did they switch things up on their site in the last hour or two? Just checked out their site, and the Slice LE is no longer on their 50% Off page, and so the coupon code doesn't work for it. :(

Winter50. Get some!!!!!!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm kicking myself for getting the Lavabox mini instead of a Slice LE on my last order. I had already ordered an SMY DNA75, why did I think I needed/wanted two DNA75 devices?? :gaah::tantrum:

You should! I love my lavabox but the dna75 is a big fat booooooo!

Go to vaporworld.biz an use winter50 coupon code and get a slice for $30! I waited forever am now mad I did. I bought one and tried it and bought a second!

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, that's what @rchmx was pointing out, the Slice has been pulled on the sale and winter50 doesn't apply, it carts out at $58 now.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should! I love my lavabox but the dna75 is a big fat booooooo!

Go to vaporworld.biz an use winter50 coupon code and get a slice for $30! I waited forever am now mad I did. I bought one and tried it and bought a second!

Seriously, the dna 75 board is good but inefficient, best left for higher ohm builds. I still like my SMY SDNA75 and vt75 but I reserve my lower ohm builds for the Slice when I need a portable setup.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously, the dna 75 board is good but inefficient, best left for higher ohm builds. I still like my SMY SDNA75 and vt75 but I reserve my lower ohm builds for the Slice when I need a portable setup.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I had the vt75 nano and just could not get any live from it. I did some low ohm builds and some up to 1ohm and I just never really got a great vape. I really wanted to because of how small the mod was, disappeared into the pocket. Super happy with the slice though! Instant great vape with builds in already using!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If youre running dual fused claptons or more then your battery life is going to suck on any single battery mod. I like the idea of my slice but my go to builds are dual 2×24/40 fused or dual 3×26/36 aliens and both are not practical builds for the slice but are both excellent on the G2. Stainless aliens, latest fw 316L setting, 171 watts and 430 is great on the G2, slice would be dead in 3 hrs with that build and the ramp up would be miserable at 101 watts

Ahh, so what you are saying is that instead of running these dual framed staples at .1 in a Goon, if I went to say, a Narda, with a single wire/single coil at perhaps 1.5 ohms that the battery would last longer? ;)

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Slice started acting up today in that I'm getting random dead spots when I pick it up to fire. Bleh. I had another in my Vaporworld cart (while the code was still working) before I went cheap and took it out at the last minute too.

If anybody sees the LE on new year's sale for $30'ish, from somebody other then Vaporcube, please post it up :)

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm??? Simple stuff ok, battery good, contacts clean?

Yeah, all that stuff was good. Button wasn't sticking. Just failing to fire here and there unless i pushed it a second time.

Hasn't done it again since the couple times this morning though. Still a reminder i guess that having a second on hand probably wouldn't hurt. I only vape Kanthal, and the TC there is pretty much a must use with my various ice cream based DIYs.

VU Sponsors