Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, all that stuff was good. Button wasn't sticking. Just failing to fire here and there unless i pushed it a second time.

Hasn't done it again since the couple times this morning though. Still a reminder i guess that having a second on hand probably wouldn't hurt. I only vape Kanthal, and the TC there is pretty much a must use with my various ice cream based DIYs.

I'd be interested in knowing if the issue persist, worsens or resolves.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been enjoying the 26650 capacity and the chip pushes a quick powerful vape. But, TC just wasn't all that.:gaah:

There's a learning curve to it and I get it, I'm a quick study, but it wasn't consistent and sometimes if it's sat for a minute it would be a super weak 1st hit. Then 2nd hit has power behind it.

I finally found the lock resistance on this thing and there you go... fantastic TC with any wire or coil style. You don't need punch or high preheat setting or whatever, just set it to 101w and adjust temp. Fast reaction time and quick heat up that levels at your set temp whether the coil is a basic 26g 316L 0.5ohm spaced coil or a fatty 0.2ohm 26*2 fused clapton... 101w :bliss:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I've been enjoying the 26650 capacity and the chip pushes a quick powerful vape. But, TC just wasn't all that.:gaah:

There's a learning curve to it and I get it, I'm a quick study, but it wasn't consistent and sometimes if it's sat for a minute it would be a super weak 1st hit. Then 2nd hit has power behind it.

I finally found the lock resistance on this thing and there you go... fantastic TC with any wire or coil style. You don't need punch or high preheat setting or whatever, just set it to 101w and adjust temp. Fast reaction time and quick heat up that levels at your set temp whether the coil is a basic 26g 316L 0.5ohm spaced coil or a fatty 0.2ohm 26*2 fused clapton... 101w :bliss:
Are you clearing the resistance when you switch tanks by pressing the fire button till it says no atomizer. Even till this day I catch myself not doing it every once in a while.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, my firmware even has a confirmation of new coil yes or no I have to select and the weak hit wasn't all the time either. Weak 1st hit aside, sometimes it did ok at TC, sometimes it didn't.
Locked resistance and it's doing a fantastic job at TC.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, same as the newest but with a function they decided not to add because it is kind of redundant. I was at hohmtech a day after I got the slice for a hohm grown that was missing from vaporcube and they updated it while we were chatting.
Nothing special and I'd probably go to the standard firmware but the firmware file gets blocked when I try to pull it into the program to update. So, the prototype firmware with the new coil confirmation stays in it.

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had my slice for 3-4 weeks, and I love the chip in it, but the reports of crap paint is still true, I am very gentle with my mods, and this slice has never left the house.

But love the way it vapes so much, I won't stop using, just wish I had got black now, as would have more choice of wraps to go on it, instead going to have to look for a wrap that won't look strange with some parts of blue still showing at edges.

qugnEbN.jpg
GNgwxCK.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I threw a wrap on mine within a couple weeks of getting it. It was $10 shipped, figured the slice would probably get ugly so I'll beat it to the punch

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just opened my new black Slice from Vaporworld & having the issue with it not reading resistance. Assuming a bad ground at the 510. Haven't opened it up yet, just wondering if anyone had the issue before and was able to solve it?

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, all that stuff was good. Button wasn't sticking. Just failing to fire here and there unless i pushed it a second time.

Hasn't done it again since the couple times this morning though. Still a reminder i guess that having a second on hand probably wouldn't hurt. I only vape Kanthal, and the TC there is pretty much a must use with my various ice cream based DIYs.
Is it still new? Usually after some usage it comes right. I have the slice as my daily driver. The Hohm Slice is the best bang for your buck. It's one of the only mods I feel that I get more than I pay for.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it still new? Usually after some usage it comes right. I have the slice as my daily driver. The Hohm Slice is the best bang for your buck. It's one of the only mods I feel that I get more than I pay for.

Nah, 6 months or so in.

Still hasn't done it since though. Chalking it up to an unknown issue the tank must of been having that day. I switch flavors pretty much every 2 days, so I'm constantly taking them apart to clean.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just opened my new black Slice from Vaporworld & having the issue with it not reading resistance. Assuming a bad ground at the 510. Haven't opened it up yet, just wondering if anyone had the issue before and was able to solve it?
I have only had that problem with my first G2, it went away after a couple of days use. To this day I am not sure what the problem was, I was thinking maybe a bad solder joint that worked it's way loose. I hope that is what solves it for you, if not vaporworld customer service is top notch in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only had that problem with my first G2, it went away after a couple of days use. To this day I am not sure what the problem was, I was thinking maybe a bad solder joint that worked it's way loose. I hope that is what solves it for you, if not vaporworld customer service is top notch in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Got it working after a few days. No idea what was going on. Would not sense any atty or resistance over 10 tanks in use for days. Left one tank on unit overnight & next morning it works on all of them with no rhyme or reason. Very odd, but its working now.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone using Basen 4500mah care to comment on battery life? I was using some MNKE 3500mah before and I don't seem to be getting much more life out of the Basens. Vaping the same build, tank, and settings. Weird, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anyone using Basen 4500mah care to comment on battery life? I was using some MNKE 3500mah before and I don't seem to be getting much more life out of the Basens. Vaping the same build, tank, and settings. Weird, right?

I only used the basens in mine and got great life out of it? and that was mine lol SO i'm not sure why you aren't getting better life from it? I usually vaped on it in the 60-80 watt range or 101 watts and TC mode. I would get a solid 5-6 hours chain vaping then have a spare battery ready to go

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I tried both Basen and Hohhtech's bats in mine, and didn't notice any difference. I could leave the house with either fresh off the charger and still be at 80% or less while vaping at 40w by the time i got to work 20 min latter.

It's just an issue of the 26650 battery not being very efficient in general imo. I see people posting the technical #'s of what the mah battery life "should be", but real life and everyday use on my end has never backed that data up. At best I'm still getting less then half the battery life compared to 2 good 3000mah batteries.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried both Basen and Hohhtech's bats in mine, and didn't notice any difference. I could leave the house with either fresh off the charger and still be at 80% or less while vaping at 40w by the time i got to work 20 min latter.

It's just an issue of the 26650 battery not being very efficient in general imo. I see people posting the technical #'s of what the mah battery life "should be", but real life and everyday use on my end has never backed that data up. At best I'm still getting less then half the battery life out of 2 good 3000mah batteries.
^^^This^^^ but looks like they are starting to make some improvements in the 26650 arena. The Ijoys are supposed to be the best right now, according to Mooch.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Running my new Bachelor Nano on the Slice with the stock NiCr coil in NiCr mode. Absolutely fantastic vape.
2e21e26cb512236c9cb3b3599d3dc529.jpg

-William Cowper
I just got a Bachelor Nano in today mostly for the wife, but I really like it as well. That's one nice little RTA.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got a Bachelor Nano in today mostly for the wife, but I really like it as well. That's one nice little RTA.
Solid little flavor tank with a single coil postless deck. Love everything about it except for the DT. DT is a total fail IMO.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Solid little flavor tank with a single coil postless deck. Love everything about it except for the DT. DT is a total fail IMO.

I might have to try the full size Bachelor since 2ml capacity is really small on the Nano.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only used the basens in mine and got great life out of it? and that was mine lol SO i'm not sure why you aren't getting better life from it? I usually vaped on it in the 60-80 watt range or 101 watts and TC mode. I would get a solid 5-6 hours chain vaping then have a spare battery ready to go

I bought three Basens so I always have backup :)

I guess I'm comparing the battery life to a dual 18650 setup and that may be why I think it's an issue... most regulated dual 18650 mods are in series so you're only getting th equivalent of one of the batteries, which in 18650 form are 3000mah at best.

So I figured I'd get better life out of a 4500mah 26650. Make sense? It's all good if I'm wrong. It has been known to happen from time to time!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^This^^^ but looks like they are starting to make some improvements in the 26650 arena. The Ijoys are supposed to be the best right now, according to Mooch.

I got 2 OTW as of yesterday :)

Part of my New Year's resolution. Put the cheapness aside and replace my old bats with new ones every few months going forward. Especially now that I'm 2A charging.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I might have to try the full size Bachelor since 2ml capacity is really small on the Nano.
Yeah that one is on my back burner. If I see it on sale at a stupid price I'll pick it up. The original Serpent is another good single coiler. Vaporworld.biz has it for like $9. @ SirRichardRear raves about the Ohmega Alpha One. Pretty big tank for a single coil.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I guess I'm comparing the battery life to a dual 18650 setup and that may be why I think it's an issue... most regulated dual 18650 mods are in series so you're only getting th equivalent of one of the batteries, which in 18650 form are 3000mah at best.

So I figured I'd get better life out of a 4500mah 26650. Make sense? It's all good if I'm wrong. It has been known to happen from time to time!

Yeah that's really not a fair comparison. A 26650 would be closer to an 18650 and a half if that makes any sense.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Actually not really. You measure life in KW/H not mah so it's basically voltage times mah to get life. A dual 18650 mod in series with 30q batts would be 7.4*3000/1000 = 22.2 a single 26650 battery for the basen would be 3.7*4500/1000 = 16.65 so you get about 25% less from the single 26650 config.

Series or parallel is the same battery life. It's a common misconception.

3.7*6000/1000 = 22.2
Same as you get from series cause math and science stuff lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It's just an issue of the 26650 battery not being very efficient in general imo. I see people posting the technical #'s of what the mah battery life "should be", but real life and everyday use on my end has never backed that data up. At best I'm still getting less then half the battery life compared to 2 good 3000mah batteries.
I agree, I see people post all the time about chain vaping the slices for hours on end without recharging or swapping batteries n I can just casually vape mine for 4-5 hours and the battery is gone. Single battery 26650 rigs are fine for 40 watt vapers or casual higher watt vapers but none of them have what I would call "good" battery life by any stretch of the word

I just joined the Hohm Tech family with a few Slice's. Thanks to you guys, I got these for half price using the "SlicePrice" coupon. After a few days of waiting for them to ship, I didn't think they were going to honor the coupon. Day three rolls around and out they went. Sweet!

I had already done lots of reading and research before they arrived. With driver installed, the upgrade process was fast and easy. I'm amazed at how small the mod is. I was expecting it to be bigger. They are just about the same size as the IPV6x. The doors are a bit janky. I'll use the tape trick in a bit. The fire button doesn't always hit using my thumb. It seems you have to depress the button dead center and deep to get it to hit consistently.

I'm powering these using the Basen Black's. I threw on a few Serpent Mini 25's with 24/36 Kanthal Clapton's (.45 ohms). I set the mods to xXx, left the FSK at 3.2%, set the wattage to 32 and adjusted the temp to 420 degrees. Test fire! Oh my! Dense and flavorful! I'm a Yihi fan and felt their chips performed differently than most of the mainstream chips. In such a way that I grew fond of the chip. The FSK chip is another breed altogether. Right off the bat, the Slice's felt powerful and very consistent.

I have lots of experimenting to do. I must say, I was immediately impressed. Thanks again to you all for enticing me to try that coupon. My introduction to this mod/chip has been a pleasant one.

Attachments

• IMG_20170123_161235.jpg
    IMG_20170123_161235.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just joined the Hohm Tech family with a few Slice's. Thanks to you guys, I got these for half price using the "SlicePrice" coupon. After a few days of waiting for them to ship, I didn't think they were going to honor the coupon. Day three rolls around and out they went. Sweet!

I had already done lots of reading and research before they arrived. With driver installed, the upgrade process was fast and easy. I'm amazed at how small the mod is. I was expecting it to be bigger. They are just about the same size as the IPV6x. The doors are a bit janky. I'll use the tape trick in a bit. The fire button doesn't always hit using my thumb. It seems you have to depress the button dead center and deep to get it to hit consistently.

I'm powering these using the Basen Black's. I threw on a few Serpent Mini 25's with 24/36 Kanthal Clapton's (.45 ohms). I set the mods to xXx, left the FSK at 3.2%, set the wattage to 32 and adjusted the temp to 420 degrees. Test fire! Oh my! Dense and flavorful! I'm a Yihi fan and felt their chips performed differently than most of the mainstream chips. In such a way that I grew fond of the chip. The FSK chip is another breed altogether. Right off the bat, the Slice's felt powerful and very consistent.

I have lots of experimenting to do. I must say, I was immediately impressed. Thanks again to you all for enticing me to try that coupon. My introduction to this mod has been a pleasant one.
welcome aboard!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I have lots of experimenting to do. I must say, I was immediately impressed. Thanks again to you all for enticing me to try that coupon. My introduction to this mod has been a pleasant one.

Welcome to the FSK family!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I have lots of experimenting to do. I must say, I was immediately impressed. Thanks again to you all for enticing me to try that coupon. My introduction to this mod/chip has been a pleasant one.
The Slice life, welcome.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So yeah I broke down and ordered one of these, and two batteries to go with it. After all these years I'm finally going to try a 26650 mod

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Your gonna love it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors