Become a Patron!

Hohm Tech Skillet

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here we go with the Skillet! No, not the one in the kitchen, the one you vape. Vaporcube is selling them for $6.99 with the code SKILLET. All the reviews I've read, actually 2, were good so, I went ahead and bought 4 of them. One is going to be a Christmas gift to a soon to be ex-smoker though she doesn't know it yet.
It will take a few days before I get them, but until then, if you have one let us know what you think.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only a few mechs, tubes all. My favorite is the project sub-ohm SMPL with the "plastic" switch.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that. Great deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm glad you posted this BrewBear! Ordered a red one and an orange one. Have a Slice and G2 so good additions, especially for work. I'm a big fan of the IJust battery mods like this so I know I'll be liking and using them a lot.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not even sure why I ordered one, I got swept up in the black friday rush. I guess I can now say I have the complete Hohm tech collection of mods.

I didn't even read up on it, it is just an ego with a fancy paint job?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to throw the Modfather on it and cloud out the room

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And now all we need is a Hohm Base thread, then we can change the name of the forum to "Hohm Boys (and girls(but only in lower-case )Vaping Underground. We shouldn't even call it vaping anymore, should just call it Hohming.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And now all we need is a Hohm Base thread, then we can change the name of the forum to "Hohm Boys (and girls(but only in lower-case )Vaping Underground. We shouldn't even call it vaping anymore, should just call it Hohming.
Yeah, I'm looking at the Hohm Base pretty hard. I'm torn between it and the new XTAR Dragon as my next charger. Both have a 0v recovery mode that I'd like to have.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry for my stupid question, what is a 0v recovery mode?
If you have a battery that for one reason or another gets discharged too low it will bring them back to life and charge them. Most chargers won't detect an overly depleted cell.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have a battery that for one reason or another gets discharged too low it will bring them back to life and charge them. Most chargers won't detect an overly depleted cell.
I know of one only charger that could revive a few depleted batteries.

Maha 777

I've got 5 on it!

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any word on if the coils are cross compatible with other brands?

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not so sure I would try to bring back Lithium Ion cells that were discharged below 2v. There is a reason most chargers won't charge them. The cells are most likely damaged once they have been discharged that low.

Edit: http://www.mpoweruk.com/lithium_failures.htm

Under-voltage / Over-discharge

• Rechargeable Lithium cells suffer from under-voltage as well as over-voltage. Allowing the cell voltage to fall below about 2 Volts by over-discharging or storage for extended periods results in progressive breakdown of the electrode materials.
    • Anodes
      First the anode copper current collector is dissolved into the electrolyte. This increases the self discharge rate of the cell however, as the voltage is increased again above 2 volts, the copper ions which are dispersed throughout the electrolyte are precipitated as metallic copper wherever they happen to be, not necessarily back on the current collector foil. This is a dangerous situation which can ultimately cause a short circuit between the electrodes.
    • Cathodes
      Keeping the cells for prolonged periods at voltages below 2 Volts results in the gradual breakdown of the cathode over many cycles with the release of Oxygen by the Lithium Cobalt Oxide and Lithium Manganese Oxide cathodes and a consequent permanent capacity loss. With Lithium Iron Phosphate cells this can happen over a few cycles .

Last edited:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mine arrives today. hoping it's a good little stealth kit
which one did u buy the one with symbols or solid color? I grabbed the one with symbols all over it because I didn't know they had solid color ones and after checking all that is available in solid is silver blue and some other wack color

Stuff for sale...Inquire within.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
which one did u buy the one with symbols or solid color? I grabbed the one with symbols all over it because I didn't know they had solid color ones and after checking all that is available in solid is silver blue and some other wack color

i like the one's with the symbols personally. I got a cyan and orange for myself and a cyan to give to my mom. I need to get her off smoking lol.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Skillet!:confetti: I put the 1.0 ohm coil in it and set it to charge fully. Now, I have to remind myself this ain't the G2!!!! and the tank ain't the Petri rta. It is a nice little setup. It does MTL fairly well if you close the AFC to a pin hole and a rather restricted DL with the AFC open all the way. I can't find any of the CL/CLR coils but I know I have a pack or three hereabouts. I'll keep looking for them and hopefully by the time I find them someone else, better organized than I am, will chime in and let us know if they fit or not.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got the Skillet!:confetti: I put the 1.0 ohm coil in it and set it to charge fully. Now, I have to remind myself this ain't the G2!!!! and the tank ain't the Petri rta. It is a nice little setup. It does MTL fairly well if you close the AFC to a pin hole and a rather restricted DL with the AFC open all the way. I can't find any of the CL/CLR coils but I know I have a pack or three hereabouts. I'll keep looking for them and hopefully by the time I find them someone else, better organized than I am, will chime in and let us know if they fit or not.
That was quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That was quick.

f54cbe27973e19654d6422821aed438f.jpg
a46923cf763cf5e668cd4613c354d33a.jpg

Nice little stealth vape. I started with the .5 ohm coils

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not too shabby for what it is. I'll do a review and throw it up when I can. Should be good to hide and sneak a vape

if it's a MTL should be a goodie as I have been looking for a good mtl tank!
I got an email saying my kit shipped out but tracking is still saying nor found. maybe tmrw it'll start its journey to my QTH

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if it's a MTL should be a goodie as I have been looking for a good mtl tank!
I got an email saying my kit shipped out but tracking is still saying nor found. maybe tmrw it'll start its journey to my QTH

There are a lot of great single coil mtl tanks coming out. I'm waiting on a bunch I ordered this weekend. The Serpent is at vaporworld.biz for $9. Serpent Mini is at Gearbest for like $15. Just ordered an Oumier White Bone. Looked interesting.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a lot of great single coil mtl tanks coming out. I'm waiting on a bunch I ordered this weekend. The Serpent is at vaporworld.biz for $9. Serpent Mini is at Gearbest for like $15. Just ordered an Oumier White Bone. Looked interesting.

that Oumier White Bone sounds interesting! Googling it now. I tend to stay away from gearbest because shipping is bogus and it just takes too long for me. I'll check out the serpent ASAP. I'm sold on that Oumier White Bone, now to find it cheapest place

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that Oumier White Bone sounds interesting! Googling it now. I tend to stay away from gearbest because shipping is bogus and it just takes too long for me. I'll check out the serpent ASAP. I'm sold on that Oumier White Bone, now to find it cheapest place

That original Serpent is a real nice flavor tank with a loose mtl draw when closed up and a tight dl draw when wide open. For $9 ya just can't go wrong. I bought 2. Grimm Green has a great video on how to build and wick it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This has a airy MTL or a restricted DTL like hit with the .5 ohm coils. Might be different with the .1

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That original Serpent is a real nice flavor tank with a loose mtl draw when closed up and a tight dl draw when wide open. For $9 ya just can't go wrong. I bought 2. Grimm Green has a great video on how to build and wick it.

enabler! lol
as much as that serpent looks good the description is good the reviews are good.
but with that website, they charger two fees, 4.99 for shipping and another 2.99 for handling. so it goes from a 9 rda to about 16 shipped. I'm a cheap ass sometimes especially when it comes to a 8 dollar shipping fee for something that fits in a 5 dollar usps box.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
enabler! lol
as much as that serpent looks good the description is good the reviews are good.
but with that website, they charger two fees, 4.99 for shipping and another 2.99 for handling. so it goes from a 9 rda to about 16 shipped. I'm a cheap ass sometimes especially when it comes to a 8 dollar shipping fee for something that fits in a 5 dollar usps box.

Shipping is actually cheap for 2 day express. The $2.99 is for an adult signature. People were bitching about their id system so they went with signatures.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
287a37eed36d8fa76253fe1599bec60b.jpg

Skillet in da houuuuuuuuse.

It does have the best red, my G2 looks more blood orange depending on the light.

Just got it, waiting for it to charge. Tried the tank out on another mod, not bad. Cool little stealth mod.

oh I'm excited my skillet will be here tmrw! so where is a good place to buy coils for it? as I did not order any with the skillet.

VU Sponsors