Become a Patron!

Hohm Wrecker G2 and Slice first time users guide

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
and did you give the tank proper time to cool down? can't put it on the mod when it's hot

Yes fresh coil and tank wasn't used in a few days.

The setting in kanthal mode
3f9a8158cfad8f37799f881834c56ebe.jpg

What happens when I fire in kanthal mode
f491fe95968bf12c3b93581586f08211.jpg

Kanthal fsk%
b274be10977150600518e69a327b4fe8.jpg

In xxx mode 17.5%
61f98f25489663bb3c1809e5a19db981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes fresh coil and tank wasn't used in a few days.

The setting in kanthal mode
3f9a8158cfad8f37799f881834c56ebe.jpg

What happens when I fire in kanthal mode
f491fe95968bf12c3b93581586f08211.jpg

Kanthal fsk%
b274be10977150600518e69a327b4fe8.jpg

In xxx mode 17.5%
61f98f25489663bb3c1809e5a19db981.jpg

what tank? only thing i can think of is the coils? i've never had to go above 75% for kenthal mode and i like it warm. in XXX mode kenthal is usually less then 10%. if you have to go to 17% i wonder if it's a coil issue?

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what tank? only thing i can think of is the coils? i've never had to go above 75% for kenthal mode and i like it warm. in XXX mode kenthal is usually less then 10%. if you have to go to 17% i wonder if it's a coil issue?

original cleito tank with .2 coils
I might just try a new coil. In the tank. Yeah I thought it was off that I had to go so high. I'm hoping someone has a aspire cleito that can chime in if they have the same problems or issues.

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm starting to wonder if they are ss coils because the box says .2 but they ohm out at .24 and I know they make ss coils now.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
original cleito tank with .2 coils
I might just try a new coil. In the tank. Yeah I thought it was off that I had to go so high. I'm hoping someone has a aspire cleito that can chime in if they have the same problems or issues.

nope i usually run about 75% in my clieto in kenthal mode on both the .4 and .2 ohm coils. and SS mode on their SS coils

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't get me wrong the vape is great

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to call up hohm tech and asked them.

So I recently bought the G2 and love it. Hands down best mod I've used with the best temp control. My buddy got one too while vaporcube had that sale while supplies last.. we are both running TI builds his G2 shows the temp climbing and mine does not. Both mods have the 2.5.7 firmware. Anyone else run into this issue?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I recently bought the G2 and love it. Hands down best mod I've used with the best temp control. My buddy got one too while vaporcube had that sale while supplies last.. we are both running TI builds his G2 shows the temp climbing and mine does not. Both mods have the 2.5.7 firmware. Anyone else run into this issue?

not sure lol never paid attention to the screen. if someone doesn't answer soon I'll check later when I'm home and see what mine do. I don't use Ti wire though so i have none. Only SS wire.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

What mode are you in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

not sure lol never paid attention to the screen. if someone doesn't answer soon I'll check later when I'm home and see what mine do. I don't use Ti wire though so i have none. Only SS wire.
I've ran SS316 and it never showed the temp ramping up

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I called hohmtech before I say this I am usually pleased with their customer service. Now for the rant. Every time I did call about kanthal or xxx mode I get the excuse that it's on the coil if you have problems with either of those two modes. When I called today they basically said that there are very few tanks that work well with either xxx or kanthal mode. I really kept getting the run around about the chip is great that if it's not working correctly it's the coil. My thing is if you promote tc on any wire then it should work no matter what as long as you adjust the settings. To me really it sounded like they made a chip that is not always going to tc all wires. If you don't believe me please feel free to call them and tell them your having a problem with the device not firing kanthal you'll see what I mean. Maybe it's the guy I'm getting that doesn't know a whole lot about it. I'm hoping to request to talk to Ben tomorrow see what he can do or says about it. Please form your own opinion this was just mine from today and the other day calling them. But it was the same guy today and the other day.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I called hohmtech before I say this I am usually pleased with their customer service. Now for the rant. Every time I did call about kanthal or xxx mode I get the excuse that it's on the coil if you have problems with either of those two modes. When I called today they basically said that there are very few tanks that work well with either xxx or kanthal mode. I really kept getting the run around about the chip is great that if it's not working correctly it's the coil. My thing is if you promote tc on any wire then it should work no matter what as long as you adjust the settings. To me really it sounded like they made a chip that is not always going to tc all wires. If you don't believe me please feel free to call them and tell them your having a problem with the device not firing kanthal you'll see what I mean. Maybe it's the guy I'm getting that doesn't know a whole lot about it. I'm hoping to request to talk to Ben tomorrow see what he can do or says about it. Please form your own opinion this was just mine from today and the other day calling them. But it was the same guy today and the other day.

That's insane I'd push back a bit if I was you. I know at first with me they tried to make excuses I think it'd more of they get tired dealing with people who don't know how to use a device. Once they know you know what your doing the seem to be a bit cooler. I've temp controlled many tanks with pre-built coils no issue. What tank are you using again?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using the aspire cleito. And I can use tc xxx at 17.5% with a .2 coil but can't use the kanthal mode even max out watts, fsk, and temp. Won't fire no matter what settings I put it in.

Never had that happen. You sure you're both running the same firmware?

Whoa its working. I was cycling through the menu and came upon firmware do I held the fire button down till it brought me to exit and it started working not sure if that did it but it now shows the temp climbing.. lol. Weird. Yes we are running the same firmware haha.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I run every tank I own on the G2 with no issues in tc. I don't use Kanthal so I can't be of much assistance. Strictly SS for me.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Using the aspire cleito. And I can use tc xxx at 17.5% with a .2 coil but can't use the kanthal mode even max out watts, fsk, and temp. Won't fire no matter what settings I put it in.

I'm guessing you enabled auto tc while in xxx and thats why it won't fire, you need to get out of xxx, select kanthal, enable auto tc and adjust, it will fire after that but like I said, I'm only guessing at what's going on. Post a pic of the screen

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Using xxx mode with my clapton kanthal coil and it works awesome for me, not saying your doing anything wrong, just saying it does do TC with kanthal for me anyway.

FSK set at 5%.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just put a new .4 ohm coil in my cleito, don't have any .2. Set it in xxx mode, 450 temp 99 watts and with the FSK set to 7% it is firing fine for me.

I don't use auto temp or any of the other settings, maybe that is what's messing with it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using xxx mode with my clapton kanthal coil and it works awesome for me, not saying your doing anything wrong, just saying it does do TC with kanthal for me anyway.
I had a kanthal build it wouldnt fire with when I got my first one & it was because of something stupid I was doing, but it does work. Big stainless aliens is where it's at on the G2, steady as a rock, Kanthal claptons and such do work, but not near as well as the same build in stainless. I run my kanthal staples and aliens in power mode, much smoother for me

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a kanthal build it wouldnt fire with when I got my first one & it was because of something stupid I was doing, but it does work. Big stainless aliens is where it's at on the G2, steady as a rock, Kanthal claptons and such do work, but not near as well as the same build in stainless. I run my kanthal staples and aliens in power mode, much smoother for me

I only MTL vape, so running big builds is not for me, I run clapton coils, but they are only 1.5 ohms though, my settings are 450F at 25 watts with FSK at 5% and that is a really good vape for me :)

Have tried SS, but just normal coil and then still liked kanthal more, but maybe I should try SS clapton coil.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only MTL vape, so running big builds is not for me, I run clapton coils, but they are only 1.5 ohms though, my settings are 450F at 25 watts with FSK at 5% and that is a really good vape for me :)

Have tried SS, but just normal coil and then still liked kanthal more, but maybe I should try SS clapton coil.
Stainless claptons are great, and on a mod with good temp control they are amazing. The temp and the draw is 100 times smoother. If you don't have any ss pm me your info and IL send you a set, just let me know the spec's you want

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stainless claptons are great, and on a mod with good temp control they are amazing. The temp and the draw is 100 times smoother. If you don't have any ss pm me your info and IL send you a set, just let me know the spec's you want

Thank you, very kind of you, pm sent :)

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my Blue G2 LE this morning in the mail, but gotta wait till Christmas morning to open it. ;)
Now I have (2) Silver HΩ Slice SE's and (1) Blue G2 LE, (and counting).

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Hey Nailz, could you tell me a little more about those Claptons @ 1.5Ω, are they store bought or hand rolled ?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Nailz, could you tell me a little more about those Claptons @ 1.5Ω, are they store bought or hand rolled ?

I buy the premade clapton wire (36/28) from lightning vapes, but make the actual coil myself, normally around 6 wraps on a 2.5mm bit.

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I buy the premade clapton wire (36/28) from lightning vapes, but make the actual coil myself, normally around 6 wraps on a 2.5mm bit.

Thanks Nailz, I might get me some of that wire myself. :)

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just checked them out, and it seems that they are out of that certain wire, the closest they have is 26x2/36 wire. Not for me. I like to stay between 1Ω - 1.5Ω, in that range. I'll check back with Lightning Vapes again later to try to get me some of you're wire, the 28/36.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Myvpro.com has them in stock and they are a US seller. For 11 and change a piece

Thanks for the link! I goggled & got nothing in the USA. Google must be broken lol! I ordered one of Hohmtech 26650's to try. But I heard the IJoy were the best ones according to Mooch. So, thanks!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the link! I goggled & got nothing in the USA. Google must be broken lol! I ordered one of Hohmtech 26650's to try. But I heard the IJoy were the best ones according to Mooch. So, thanks!
No problem. It's a crapshoot finding stuff at times lol

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No problem. It's a crapshoot finding stuff at times lol

I just ordered a slice this morning. I watched your vid on YouTube on Hohmtech mods "hidden gems". How do you like the Hohmtech 26650 batteries? I already ordered one to try since Lightning Vapes are having a coupon "goodbyemc". Do you think I should order the IJoy batts or just wait until I try the Hohmtech batts?

Update: my G2 shows temp rising Sometimes.. Anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal cause my vape is incredible haha. Curious to hear from others tho

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just ordered a slice this morning. I watched your vid on YouTube on Hohmtech mods "hidden gems". How do you like the Hohmtech 26650 batteries? I already ordered one to try since Lightning Vapes are having a coupon "goodbyemc". Do you think I should order the IJoy batts or just wait until I try the Hohmtech batts?
Haven't used them but I hear good things. I've been using the basen black in my slice and the ijoys in my dual 26650 mods

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I also have a video on how to use the mod ;)

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I have both the Hohm Grown 26650 and the iJoy 26650 for my LUX. The iJoy's seem to last a little longer than the Hohm Grown's. I'd get an iJoy as well since it is always good to have spares. ;)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have both the Hohm Grown 26650 and the iJoy 26650 for my LUX. The iJoy's seem to last a little longer than the Hohm Grown's. I'd get an iJoy as well since it is always good to have spares. ;)
:wave: @TrollDragon how ya doing? Thanks! I also ordered a 26650 to 18650 battery adaptor from FT as per @Deucesjack 's suggestion as I usually stay in the 30 watt range. I'll go see how the shipping rates are for myvpro.com for the iJoy's 26650.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With shipping & tax the iJoy 26650 comes out to $16.13. $11.49 for the battery, $3.60 for shipping & they charge tax even though I'm not in their state $1.04. Think I'll wait.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trying SS clapton coil for the 1st time, using it in ss mode on the slice, vaping pretty good, but though ask, is that the best option or should I use in xxx mode?

VU Sponsors