Become a Patron!

Hohm Wrecker G2 and Slice first time users guide

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, everyone is simply able to update the FW on their slice using the instructions on the HT site? When I tried on my Windos 8 laptop, the computer would never recognize my Slice... :(
I followed a comment on Hohmtech's Slice & Hohmtech breakdown video, his name is "William Yang" look for his comment he has step by step instructions.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love my Lemo V1 single coil RTA on my Slice SE's (2 Silver, 1 Black), but looking for a change in tanks. Must be a single coil, rta/rdta, hold at least 5ml, and can be set up for a "Tight" MTL to a Restricted DL draw and 23mm-25mm wide. I have all the older rta's like the Fev3 & 4, Erlk, Lemo 2 and such. Don't like the Merlin much (mine seeps, both bases do) but a good concept nonetheless. All the new rta/rdta's I have not kept up on, so I'm asking here. I do like either Black or SS finish, nothing fancy. Top, Bottom, Side fill is OK with me also. I appreciate it folks.

PS: I like to run at 1Ω to 1.6Ω, and 12W to 20W, Take long pulls or chain vape. I build my own coils and wick, no pre-made coils for me.
How about the Kayfun v5 clone? Eciggity has the Tobeco one, I got it in black, airflow is smooth. I also got the SJMY clone from 3fvape there is a thread about the clones on ECF.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So, everyone is simply able to update the FW on their slice using the instructions on the HT site? When I tried on my Windos 8 laptop, the computer would never recognize my Slice... :(
I've done it on 7 and 10. I skipped 8 never had it personally. It should work. Maybe try to run as administer or run in Windows 7 capability mode?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How about the Kayfun v5 clone? Eciggity has the Tobeco one, I got it in black, airflow is smooth. I also got the SJMY clone from 3fvape there is a thread about the clones on ECF.

Thank You, I'll look into the Kayfun v5 clones. I've been looking at the "DigiFlavor Siren GT 25", do you have any experience with that one @Heartsdelight ?

Last edited:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I followed a comment on Hohmtech's Slice & Hohmtech breakdown video, his name is "William Yang" look for his comment he has step by step instructions.

Thanks for that pointer. Unfortunately I can't get either my Windows 8 or my Windows 7 laptops to recognize my Slice when I follow William's steps. Nor when I follow the steps on Hohm's video of getting the Slice to the "Link to CPU" menu before plugging it in. Stumped at this point. :(

Tried both Hohm's original updater, and Raymo's as well. :gaah:

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that pointer. Unfortunately I can't get either my Windows 8 or my Windows 7 laptops to recognize my Slice when I follow William's steps. Nor when I follow the steps on Hohm's video of getting the Slice to the "Link to CPU" menu before plugging it in. Stumped at this point. :(

You might try a different browser. I had trouble with W7 and W8 with FFox and IE on both the 3 G2"s and 2 Slices I have. The solution that ended up working seamlessly was to dust off an old Vista notebook I had in the closet and use a low resource browser (QTWeb) I had loaded onto the thing. Sounds weird but it worked for all the Hohmtech devices without a hitch.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There is a file with USB drivers that comes in the updater download. If I remember correctly there are 3 different USB drivers, try all 3 to see which one works. Also try different USB ports and USB cables to secure a connection.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a file with USB drivers that comes in the updater download. If I remember correctly there are 3 different USB drivers, try all 3 to see which one works. Also try different USB ports and USB cables to secure a connection.

Thanks! That did it. Who the hell knows how, when I was having a driver issue, I completely missed the driver folder! :crazy:

Well, got it updated, so thanks everyone for your help! :inlove:

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! That did it. Who the hell knows how, when I was having a driver issue, I completely missed the driver folder! :crazy:

Well, got it updated, so thanks everyone for your help! :inlove:

Oh yeah that too lol, slap my head reminder, been a few months but the same thing happened to me, kept missing clicking on the driver.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for a great thread. Someone on ELR linked me to it today.

I got 2 new silver g2's yesterday (vaporcube is having half off sale on g2 and slice, only a few colors left in the G2) and I had em both running last night with a bit of help from the ELR thread guys. I had been wanting one (LOL) for ages but was waiting until I paid down previous vape purchase but couldn't pass up 2 for the price of 1. After vaping one with a deep water 2x24/3x32ss staggered clapton from @Volition on ELR (he wanted me to see if it would fire on my rx2/3, it wouldn't) @ 0.08 ohm and putting my boreas (24/36ss clapton 7 wraps 0.15ohm) on the other and playing with the various AIM, SS TC, and FSK in XXX mode I was a total fan boy. Had a few too many (or just enough?) drinks last night and woke up this morning to an email that I bought a blue and orange for spares as well. :giggle:

If anyone comes across the black or LE versions on sale anywhere please let me know.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I got 2 new silver g2's yesterday (vaporcube is having half off sale on g2 and slice, only a few colors left in the G2) and I had em both running last night with a bit of help from the ELR thread guys. I had been wanting one (LOL) for ages but was waiting until I paid down previous vape purchase but couldn't pass up 2 for the price of 1. After vaping one with a deep water 2x24/3x32ss staggered clapton from @Volition on ELR (he wanted me to see if it would fire on my rx2/3, it wouldn't) @ 0.08 ohm and putting my boreas (24/36ss clapton 7 wraps 0.15ohm) on the other and playing with the various AIM, SS TC, and FSK in XXX mode I was a total fan boy. Had a few too many (or just enough?) drinks last night and woke up this morning to an email that I bought a blue and orange for spares as well. :giggle:

If anyone comes across the black or LE versions on sale anywhere please let me know.
That's great, glad your enjoying them. If I come accross another deal with the black or LE versions I will definitely post them here......after I order my orange LE...lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Welcome to the G2 Family.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only cause they didn't make a teal ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The Silver hitting the hardest is a well established fact in the G2 thread. The Teal Slice is a Slice with panties. Lmfao. Kinda like the Porsche Boxster of the HT lineup. Lol.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Silver hitting the hardest is a well established fact in the G2 thread. The Teal Slice is a Slice with panties. Lmfao. Kinda like the Porsche Boxster of the HT lineup. Lol.

-William Cowper

The teal slice is like a mclaren not often u see one but when u do your impressed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the G2 Family.

-William Cowper
only complaint for me so far is both battery doors have an issue with not sitting perfectly flush/down. if I push in on either side of the bottom of one i get a little movement/clicking, and the other has same issue at one top corner. no worries about the cover coming off but it is a bit of an annoyance

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@fozzy71 I had the same issue. On mine, it was the batteries and the ribbon touching inside the door. A little wiggling, and it went away.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On some of the G2s I own, careful placement of the batteries and folding the ribbon helps, on some it's just poor QC on seating of the magnets.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same issue. On mine, it was the batteries and the ribbon touching inside the door. A little wiggling, and it went away.
my battery ribbon is not overly long and the batteries are pushed all the way back

on some it's just poor QC on seating of the magnets.
I think this is my issue. Not a deal breaker as it doesn't appear I have to worry about the door coming off and the vape is great, just a bit annoying when I grab it sometimes and hear the click.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What are the firmware upgrades for the Slice if any at all?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On mine, it was the batteries and the ribbon touching inside the door.
u r right. I was just swapping batteries onto the charger and tried the door with no batteries installed and there is no slop/play. I am thinking I might just cut the strap as the batteries seem to come out fine after a light tap or two into my palm.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
u r right. I was just swapping batteries onto the charger and tried the door with no batteries installed and there is no slop/play. I am thinking I might just cut the strap as the batteries seem to come out fine after a light tap or two into my palm.
My ribbon on my Red G2 was quite long, it would go under the batteries and all the way back across the top again. I trimmed it so it would only reach back across to the middle of the two batteries.

When you cut it, burn the end with a lighter as it will fray and unravel if you don't.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ribbon on my Red G2 was quite long, it would go under the batteries and all the way back across the top again. I trimmed it so it would only reach back across to the middle of the two batteries.

When you cut it, burn the end with a lighter as it will fray and unravel if you don't.
thanks, mine goes behind and most of the way back across the front of the batteries. will try cutting it in half and if I still get wobble in the cover I will cut it super short so it doesnt go behind the batteries at all

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you mjag for the write up. This helped with understanding this thing.
Got my G2 this evening and have been playing with all the TC modes with my SS316L Clapton. The TC on this MOD is awesome and actually works! Loving this G2 already.

:nothingtoadd:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my G2 this evening and have been playing with all the TC modes with my SS316L Clapton. The TC on this MOD is awesome and actually works! Loving this G2 already.

Best kept secret in vaping.

-William Cowper

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am happy your enjoying the G2 and grateful to all the others who shared there knowledge so this thread could be made.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am happy your enjoying the G2 and grateful to all the others who shared there knowledge so this thread could be made.
Ooooopss .. Yes --- Everyone --- Thank you! One of the best benefits is a community that contributes and actually works together to get the knowledge out there. This is something that I have enjoyed about being a part of VU!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now to get the Aromamizer Supreme Black from caihlen and she'll be a damn good matching set.
View attachment 75031
Where did you find a black one in stock? I now have 2 silver* an orange and a blue. I had to cut the battery ribbons on all 4 to try and solve the door wobble. It worked great on 3 of them but the blue one still has a bit of wobble even with the strap removed.

*I will be shipping one of my silvers eventually to a guy on ECF that makes kydex holsters for mods so I can take one of these with me when out of the house. Right now I only have holsters for my rx2/3-200s mods to use when travelling.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did you find a black one in stock? I now have 2 silver* an orange and a blue. I had to cut the battery ribbons on all 4 to try and solve the door wobble. It worked great on 3 of them but the blue one still has a bit of wobble even with the strap removed.

*I will be shipping one of my silvers eventually to a guy on ECF that makes kydex holsters for mods so I can take one of these with me when out of the house. Right now I only have holsters for my rx2/3-200s mods to use when travelling.

SirVtHondaGuy08 sold his black one and I snatched it up quickly. I had the Silver en-route and then resold it to Mike H when I snatched the black G2

No issues with the battery ribbon on this Black one ... so he may have already trimmed it down.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my battery ribbon is not overly long and the batteries are pushed all the way back

I think this is my issue. Not a deal breaker as it doesn't appear I have to worry about the door coming off and the vape is great, just a bit annoying when I grab it sometimes and hear the click.
I had that issue on one of mine, sent it in and they fixed the issue with new magnets and a new batt door.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had that issue on one of mine, sent it in and they fixed the issue with new magnets and a new batt door.
with it being such a common issue I can't believe they dont catch it before they go out to the vendor. don't they function test the mod and fit test the door with batteries in?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hehe - my 2 silver ones I had to cut the ribbon completely out, the orange one hand to be trimmed in half but the blue one still wobbles with no ribbon and no battteries so it is obv a MFG/QC defect/failure so I decided to write their CS:

Their first reply:

Try this, take out batteries, does door wobble? If no, it is your battery wraps too thick. I’ve never heard of a wobble on a G2 without batteries installed, cause the door is milled on a flat plane, so I would definitely check batteries.

As for warranty on that, we don’t have a machine that remachines doors, so this would not be covered.

I replied telling them it wobbled with no batteries then mentioned and linked to your post here and he said:

We couldn’t warranty it, we have no machining. Perhaps someone sent one in, and tech took it as personal project and attempted to resolve. However, I know techs have no tools for anything of the sort. Perhaps you could flex it with a vise, but I’d bet this would really make it wobble. Maybe a little piece of tape will do the trick to close that micro gap.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will the g2 stay in SS mode if the coil is not SS? I decided to put a smok tf-rta g2 in rotation and apparently I had already washed it as it had a 0.43 ohm build in it. It is a clapton build and I assumed it was SS as I have 3 spools of that I got a couple months ago but it wouldnt stay in tcss mode on my rx200s so I put it on the g2 figuring it could be a kanthal build since that was the first spool of clapton wire I bought and I have no idea how long ago I built this tank up. It stays in tc ss mode on the g2 and gives a decent vape that way. I put it in xxx mode with the default 3.2% value and that too gives a nice vape.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Will the g2 stay in SS mode if the coil is not SS? I decided to put a smok tf-rta g2 in rotation and apparently I had already washed it as it had a 0.43 ohm build in it. It is a clapton build and I assumed it was SS as I have 3 spools of that I got a couple months ago but it wouldnt stay in tcss mode on my rx200s so I put it on the g2 figuring it could be a kanthal build since that was the first spool of clapton wire I bought and I have no idea how long ago I built this tank up. It stays in tc ss mode on the g2 and gives a decent vape that way. I put it in xxx mode with the default 3.2% value and that too gives a nice vape.
I've never seen a G2 kick you out of temp mode for having the wrong wire.
Not sure how the RX works but some mods kick you out of TC if it's having trouble reading the resistance steadily, so could just be the rx famous 510 pin issues acting up

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It will not kick you out of any mode. It will just vape like shit in the wrong mode. I've had the Wismec board kick me out of TC on builds I knew were SS as well. Same build ran fine in tc on the FSK board.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I am not 100% sure it is SS as I may have built it with the ka clapton before I bought the ss clapton. The ohms are higher than I normally vape so I think I will just vape this tank dry then throw a new ss build in at lower ohms so I am sure. I too have had wismec boards kick me out to vw mode on builds I knew to be ss but it was intermittent, this was insta-kicking me out every time as soon as I hit the fire button so I have feeling it is kanthal.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks guys. I am not 100% sure it is SS as I may have built it with the ka clapton before I bought the ss clapton. The ohms are higher than I normally vape so I think I will just vape this tank dry then throw a new ss build in at lower ohms so I am sure. I too have had wismec boards kick me out to vw mode on builds I knew to be ss but it was intermittent, this was insta-kicking me out every time as soon as I hit the fire button so I have feeling it is kanthal.
Leave it on that G2 in XXX mode and vape away, even if SS wire. :D
With the RX, yea, mine will kick to POWER mode if it's not SS wire ... and when it is SS wire. :crazy:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Leave it on that G2 in XXX mode and vape away, even if SS wire. :D
With the RX, yea, mine will kick to POWER mode if it's not SS wire ... and when it is SS wire. :crazy:
haha, i just had that thought. i hate building and wasting wick/wire and have a billow v3+ ready to build on next so I just went ahead and topped off the smok tank and will keep vaping on it for now. trying to get more mods/tanks in the rotation so I can vape on more flavors. I got way too much steeped juice I need to use up so I can start mixing again:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's the beauty of XXX mode. Slap her in there, adjust and vape. Who gives a shit what kind of coil it is. Lol.

-William Cowper

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A little HT love, crossposting from the Slice thread! :D

Well the Blue SE Slice arrived today from VC, nice and quick!

Upon opening it, the case screws were loose and the USB was offset. Almost makes me think this was a refurbished unit. :huh:
The short flat USB cable was just folded over in its space with no tie wrap, but it really didn't need one I guess considering the size.
Shrink wrap was all intact but it's real easy to reshrink a box...

Firmware 1.2.1 was factory installed and after tightening the case screws, I updated it to 1.2.4.
Screwed on the Crius+ with dual simple Tiger coils and popped in a Hohm Grown 26650.
Vaping excellent at 85W for the moment going to play with xXx in a bit. :bliss:

The door was rocking and wobbling around so I took it off and applied a little bend pressure to the needed areas. Now it's rock solid against the frame with no space, no wobble or tape required. That's a good thing about zinc, you can adjust it fairly easily by hand when it isn't too thick.

Sorry for the poor webcam photo, HT gear deserves better photos! :giggle:

slice-jpg.76331

VU Sponsors