Become a Patron!

Hohm Wrecker G2 and Slice first time users guide

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone notice that even with a fully charged battery on the Slice the battery meter on the mod reads 87% not 100%? Doesn't matter what battery, I have the iJoy 26650 & the Hohmtech 26650 & a 18650 with an adaptor.
Have you installed the latest firmware?

If you are checking the battery level after vaping it the battery meter reads the level in real time. A battery depletes as it gets drawn on then recovers a little. That is why if you check the battery right after you take a vape it may read 87%. If you wait a few seconds and just click the fire button to turn on the display it may then read 100%.

I would check the firmware and even if it is the latest try reflashing it. The last update they made some improvements on the battery metering.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you installed the latest firmware?

If you are checking the battery level after vaping it the battery meter reads the level in real time. A battery depletes as it gets drawn on then recovers a little. That is why if you check the battery right after you take a vape it may read 87%. If you wait a few seconds and just click the fire button to turn on the display it may then read 100%.

I would check the firmware and even if it is the latest try reflashing it. The last update they made some improvements on the battery metering.

It is the latest firmware but yes I can try reflashing it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't say, without using the same build and settings. I'm at 76 watts, 360F, 0.15ohms, in SS mode, usually. But I use a few different atties on it, with similar results. I don't think there's anything unusual about your experience.
Ok thanks! About how long does your iJoy battery last vaping at your specs?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just put it back in the charger and it's reading 4.10v
It should be reading 4.2 volts.

I don't have a nitecore charger but my efest blu6, xtar and hohmbase chargers all top my 26650's off at 4.2 volts.

The hohmbase charger is great by the way. It has a battery doctor mode which will discharge then fully recharge a battery to refresh it. I use that about every 3 to 5 months on a battery and it really improves the battery performance.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It should be reading 4.2 volts.

I don't have a nitecore charger but my efest blu6, xtar and hohmbase chargers all top my 26650's off at 4.2 volts.

The hohmbase charger is great by the way. It has a battery doctor mode which will discharge then fully recharge a battery to refresh it. I use that about every 3 to 5 months on a battery and it really improves the battery performance.

It was reading 4.1 volts because I had vaped on it.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok thanks! About how long does your iJoy battery last vaping at your specs?
I got through 15mls on a full charge, with that build I posted. Took all day lol.

And I've charged mine a few times through the mod. I'm not on-board charging phobic. My wife and I both charged our first mods(Kanger Nano) through the usb for a year without issue. She's been charging her Alien the same way every night since November, also. I just rotate her batts daily because it sounds like a good idea lol.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is weird though, definitely off the charger my battery was at 87%. But after charging via USB it did reach 100%. But if you guys think it's normal for it to read 94% after 6 hits, I guess it's ok.
I've had the same experience with my Slices. The battery meter tends to take a hit in the beginning of the cycle and last longer in the middle and end of it.

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It is weird though, definitely off the charger my battery was at 87%. But after charging via USB it did reach 100%. But if you guys think it's normal for it to read 94% after 6 hits, I guess it's ok.
Are you taking it off the charger as soon as it says it's full? It may actually need to stay on a bit longer to top up completely. Try giving another 20-30 minutes, to see if it makes any difference.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had the same experience with my Slices. The battery meter tends to take a hit in the beginning of the cycle and last longer in the middle and end of it.

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe
I chalked it up to differences in battery chemistry/construction between 18650s and 26650s. I don't have any other 26650 mods to compare the Slice to, so I'm just guessing.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you taking it off the charger as soon as it says it's full? It may actually need to stay on a bit longer to top up completely. Try giving another 20-30 minutes, to see if it makes any difference.
Yes most of the time if I happen to be in the kitchen I'll take it off when I see it's done. I'll try giving it the extra 20-30 minutes. I do notice charging via USB even though the mod reads 100% it does take the extra time for the lightning bolt to stop, indicating it's done charging.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

-Edgar Allan Poe
Same here with my Slice and a pair of Hohm Grown's, the battery will be full coming off of the Xtar SV2. It will show 100% on the slice and a half dozen pulls later at 65W, it's in the 90's. If you leave it the meter will slowly creep its way back up. I occasionally charge the battery in the Slice, but I really like the 2A speed on the Xtar for the Hohm Grown's and the LUX's iJoy's.

I have a Brillipower 26650 in my VT75, it's one of the highest rated on mooch's list and it works the same way. Starts out with the meter dropping fast then levels out. My VT75 had the Battery Analyzer run on that battery, so the meter on it is tuned to the Brillipower.

I can't give you any battery run time specs since I carry 4 or 5 rigs with me daily (flavor ADHD :giggle:) and charge them before they are even half depleted.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here with my Slice and a pair of Hohm Grown's, the battery will be full coming off of the Xtar SV2. It will show 100% on the slice and a half dozen pulls later at 65W, it's in the 90's. If you leave it the meter will slowly creep its way back up. I occasionally charge the battery in the Slice, but I really like the 2A speed on the Xtar for the Hohm Grown's and the LUX's iJoy's.

I have a Brillipower 26650 in my VT75, it's one of the highest rated on mooch's list and it works the same way. Starts out with the meter dropping fast then levels out. My VT75 had the Battery Analyzer run on that battery, so the meter on it is tuned to the Brillipower.

I can't give you any battery run time specs since I carry 4 or 5 rigs with me daily (flavor ADHD :giggle:) and charge them before they are even half depleted.
At first the problem was fresh off the charger, it was reading 84%. Then @mjag suggested I used the USB to test to see if it will charge to 100% and it did. Then, before everyone said that after 6 hits it drops to 90% I thought something was wrong with my Slice. Guess, it's normal & you & the guys are right, if I leave it alone for a few minutes the meter does jump back up.

So after a few hits I put it back in the charger then it read 4.1 volts. So I guess my,chargers ok? But after a charge in the charger it never read 100% on my mod, one of the guys suggested I leave it in the charger for another 20-30 minutes after it says it's charged to see if that might help.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
At first the problem was fresh off the charger, it was reading 84%. Then @mjag suggested I used the USB to test to see if it will charge to 100% and it did. Then, before everyone said that after 6 hits it drops to 90% I thought something was wrong with my Slice. Guess, it's normal & you & the guys are right, if I leave it alone for a few minutes the meter does jump back up.

So after a few hits I put it back in the charger then it read 4.1 volts. So I guess my,chargers ok? But after a charge in the charger it never read 100% on my mod, one of the guys suggested I leave it in the charger for another 20-30 minutes after it says it's charged to see if that might help.
I have a Nitecore D2 and after the initial 6 hours it took to charge up the iJoy's I picked up the Xtar SV2 Rocket.
Does it happen on all your 26650's? Something to try to see what happens. After they are charged in your D4, take them out for 5 minutes and then pop them back in it again until they are finished. Put one in your slice and see if it reads 100%.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Nitecore D2 and after the initial 6 hours it took to charge up the iJoy's I picked up the Xtar SV2 Rocket.
Does it happen on all your 26650's? Something to try to see what happens. After they are charged in your D4, take them out for 5 minutes and then pop them back in it again until they are finished. Put one in your slice and see if it reads 100%.
Ok I'll try tomorrow & let u know. Do you know where I can get the xtar sv2 rocket?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An inexpensive Chinese voltmeter from Harbor Freight or someplace will help greatly in such comparisons. Different sized batteries of different ages in different devices with different voltmeters and different chargers...................you have no standard (reference) to compare to.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is strange, as you suggested I put the battery back & even though the charger is reading it at 4.2v when I put it in my Slice it's saying 94%. I even left it the charger after it was done for about an hour.

So I attached the USB to top it off & with the USB it will charge to 100%.

Quite strange.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is strange, as you suggested I put the battery back & even though the charger is reading it at 4.2v when I put it in my Slice it's saying 94%. I even left it the charger after it was done for about an hour.

Quite strange.
That is odd... I'd suggest an email or a phone call to Hohm Tech or Vapor Cube, they would be able to tell in an instant if it is an issue or not.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Quite strange.

Maybe I missed it but did you try the same battery that was peaked at 4.2v in another mod? Maybe you have the slice and no other 26650 mods to try it in...

It sounds like the mod is doing the job right but the charger is terminating charge too soon.
My Liitokala charger will charge up to 4.195v or something like that so when I take it off a fresh peak charge it shows 98% or something like that.

Like said before, when you fire it even a couple times you are no longer at 100% and likely down to 97% for a minute till it recovers.

I would probably google to see what final voltage testers have measured your charger reaching. It is not a bad thing to terminate charge before a true 4.2v and going over is bad so most chargers will stop short of 4.2v.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I missed it but did you try the same battery that was peaked at 4.2v in another mod? Maybe you have the slice and no other 26650 mods to try it in...

It sounds like the mod is doing the job right but the charger is terminating charge too soon.
My Liitokala charger will charge up to 4.195v or something like that so when I take it off a fresh peak charge it shows 98% or something like that.

Like said before, when you fire it even a couple times you are no longer at 100% and likely down to 97% for a minute till it recovers.

I would probably google to see what final voltage testers have measured your charger reaching. It is not a bad thing to terminate charge before a true 4.2v and going over is bad so most chargers will stop short of 4.2v.
I don't have any other 26650 mod to try it on. But it's ok, I'm not going to stress over it. My Slice was only $30 so I think I'll just do as stated above. But thanks to everyone who tried to help. :hug:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think there is a problem with the mod.
If you know someone with a different charger, try using that and see if the battery percent is higher when you first put it in the slice.

I think your charger is just under charging the cell.

You paid $30 for the mod and $30 for the charger. Not only does the mod charge batteries better... it also vapes! :stars2::giggle:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some tanks from Horizontech and a few others don't play nice on the G2 or Slice from time to time. If this happens it can be solved by adding a mod protector (small plastic disc that sits between the tank and mod to protect from scratches) or by simply adding a drip tip oring to the tanks 510 connection.

Received my G2 today. It seems the G2 is having issues with both of my iJoy EXO rta's. Every other tank, rda, rta that I have works fine. The only way the EXO works is if I don't screw it all the way down or put a piece of paper between the EXO and G2. Otherwise I get a CONNECT ATOMIZER error. Is anyone else using the EXO and having this issue and does anybody know what the cause of this is for some atomizers?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Received my G2 today. It seems the G2 is having issues with both of my iJoy EXO rta's. Every other tank, rda, rta that I have works fine. The only way the EXO works is if I don't screw it all the way down or put a piece of paper between the EXO and G2. Otherwise I get a CONNECT ATOMIZER error. Is anyone else using the EXO and having this issue and does anybody know what the cause of this is for some atomizers?
@SirRichardRear, I believe he has the EXO.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the iJoy EXO RTA and no problem with it on my G2's. I do use Kidney Puncher mod savers under all of my attys, so I will test it out later without the saver to see if it has any connection issues.

VU Sponsors