Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wan waaaaa... sliceprice not valid is the message I get this morning. Thanks anyway guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It only works on the SE Standard Edition without the graphics or the 3a USB charging. I just checked, and it was properly applied.

EDIT: too slow sorry - failed to refresh

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
Wan waaaaa... sliceprice not valid is the message I get this morning. Thanks anyway guys!

Midwest, you might want to try it again. I just revisited vaporcube a few moments ago and use the code Slice price and it worked... I don't think the case of letters matter. I ended up buying a third last night after reading your post.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Midwest, you might want to try it again. I just revisited vaporcube a few moments ago and use the code Slice price and it worked... I don't think the case of letters matter. I ended up buying a third last night after reading your post.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Yup! I have one in the cart right now at $29!

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
image.jpeg So I was catching up on this thread. When I saw the slice price I thought well it would be foolish not to pick up another slice. Went to my stash and realized I have a blue slice back up I forgot about... Oh well a black slice would be nice

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice collection!

Yeah, at $29 it is hard to not buy another Slice but dammit I already have 5 and 2 are black, they need to come out with more colors that are NOT tiffany blue....lol

I am still missing the Orange G2 from my collection, wish I would have gotten one when they were $45.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, quick question on temp control use with g2.

When using a .25 ni200 coil in ni mode I get a weak vape when first firing (50w at 480). Then if I unscrew Atty and fire/reattach (reading goes to .29) I end up getting a perfect vape.

Is this something ok to do? I realize that it's not a "cold Atty" by doing this, but the vape is far better?

Thanks for any insight.

B

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

When using a .25 ni200 coil in ni mode I get a weak vape when first firing (50w at 480). Then if I unscrew Atty and fire/reattach (reading goes to .29) I end up getting a perfect vape.

Is this something ok to do? I realize that it's not a "cold Atty" by doing this, but the vape is far better?

Thanks for any insight.

B
Just make sure u always reset resistance before putting on a new coil. Maybe the coil was too cold when you 1st put it on? I'm not great with ni200 personally I never liked it so I never used it much

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks for any insight.

B
Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, latest firmware installed.

Put Atty on and first reading is .25, fire it once or twice, unscrew it and fire getting connect Atty msg, reattach it and fire, now reading.29 and getting nice (much warmer and denser) vape.

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up a G2 a couple of days ago and I keep getting a battery check message at 75% battery life. Is this the mod or is it my cells?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up a G2 a couple of days ago and I keep getting a battery check message at 75% battery life. Is this the mod or is it my cells?

The latest update has a new algorithm for batteries, make sure you have it updated.

That said it sounds like your batteries are the culprit. What cells are you using and are you sure there not fakes?

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The latest update has a new algorithm for batteries, make sure you have it updated.

That said it sounds like your batteries are the culprit. What cells are you using and are you sure there not fakes?

LG HG2s, LG HE4s, and Samsung 25Rs. All authentic, but all at least a year old or more. And, I just updated to 2.5.7 today. Gonna order some new batteries here in a bit.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Yeah sounds like bad batteries and high wattage. Board is stopping them from venting. Let me guess efest and your vaping at high wattages?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LG HG2s, LG HE4s, and Samsung 25Rs. All authentic, but all at least a year old or more. And, I just updated to 2.5.7 today. Gonna order some new batteries here in a bit.

That's odd for sure then. Maybe they are dead cells?

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If you are getting an error with 3 different sets of batteries then its the mod, you would need to be the most unlucky person ever to have 3 bad sets of batteries at the same time.

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are getting an error with 3 different sets of batteries then its the mod, you would need to be the most unlucky person ever to have 3 bad sets of batteries at the same time.
Hmm, I'll email Hohmtech and see what they say.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's odd then. What mode are you in, FSK % and what wire?

I can't recall anyone else having this problem.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, digital watts mode, I thought you were referring to wire or something

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what do you guys think of the chances of seeing an FSK chip in another mod? With the FDA's deeming regs it's unlikely we'll see another mod from HohmTech, but do you think it's possible that they'll license the FSK to Chinese companies to use in their mods?

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
About a dozen pages and a month or so back Tim from Hohmtech seemed to indicate the part of the business they want to focus on is fine electronics and battery chemistry and not mod building, so yeah, probably a decent chance the chip will show up somewhere.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So what do you guys think of the chances of seeing an FSK chip in another mod? With the FDA's deeming regs it's unlikely we'll see another mod from HohmTech, but do you think it's possible that they'll license the FSK to Chinese companies to use in their mods?

it's possible. according to hohmtech the DNA mod makers (lost vape, think vape, Hcigar, etc) have exclusive contracts and therefore can only use the DNA boards. I doubt Ijoy or Smok would as they have their own boards and not much of a need to (although smok made a limited run DNA200 mod recently) It's possible P4U could since they use YiHi boards. Hohmtech said they also make boards for other mods but can't say which ones due to their contract. They are switching from a mod maker to a chip maker basically and just focusing on selling their chips and batteries and chargers. They would have to find the right company for sure. I don't see why we couldn't get a Boxer, P4U, or other custom mod with the FSK chip I think hohmtech just needs to push it a bit more, they just don't seem very interested though TBH.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it's possible. according to hohmtech the DNA mod makers (lost vape, think vape, Hcigar, etc) have exclusive contracts and therefore can only use the DNA boards. I doubt Ijoy or Smok would as they have their own boards and not much of a need to (although smok made a limited run DNA200 mod recently) It's possible P4U could since they use YiHi boards. Hohmtech said they also make boards for other mods but can't say which ones due to their contract. They are switching from a mod maker to a chip maker basically and just focusing on selling their chips and batteries and chargers. They would have to find the right company for sure. I don't see why we couldn't get a Boxer, P4U, or other custom mod with the FSK chip I think hohmtech just needs to push it a bit more, they just don't seem very interested though TBH.
Yeah it definitely looks like they're concentration is going to be on their batteries. I would love to know what mods they're supplying the chip for. They should leak it out so the people that do like their board can use a different form factor. Unfortunately, I think they are a victim of their own poor marketing. It always shocks me how they are just never in the main stream conversation when it comes to TC. I have seen that start to change a bit especially here but for the most part no one really gives them the respect they deserve in the tc arena. They should look to work with a relatively smaller or unknown, up and coming mod manufacturer. Someone like Ehpro, Wotofo, Augavape, or Bombertech. These companies are just starting to get into making mods and to pair them up with HT would probably be a good fit. I would love to see a matchy matchy collaboration between Twisted Messes and HT innvolving the G2 and TM Cubed. Match the color of the atty up to the color of the G2 and sell it as a kit and you would have a huge win.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah it definitely looks like they're concentration is going to be on their batteries. I would love to know what mods they're supplying the chip for. They should leak it out so the people that do like their board can use a different form factor. Unfortunately, I think they are a victim of their own poor marketing. It always shocks me how they are just never in the main stream conversation when it comes to TC. I have seen that start to change a bit especially here but for the most part no one really gives them the respect they deserve in the tc arena. They should look to work with a relatively smaller or unknown, up and coming mod manufacturer. Someone like Ehpro, Wotofo, Augavape, or Bombertech. These companies are just starting to get into making mods and to pair them up with HT would probably be a good fit. I would love to see a matchy matchy collaboration between Twisted Messes and HT innvolving the G2 and TM Cubed. Match the color of the atty up to the color of the G2 and sell it as a kit and you would have a huge win.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
that would be great. Also i want to throw in geekvape now i think of it. they could launch the GBOX150 with an FSK chip and call it the GBOX171 (or even up it to 200 watts with the dual 26650 config since hohmtech said the board is capable of 260 watts and can handle 26650 batts w/o changing anything) and that would be a winner in my book

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
About a dozen pages and a month or so back Tim from Hohmtech seemed to indicate the part of the business they want to focus on is fine electronics and battery chemistry and not mod building, so yeah, probably a decent chance the chip will show up somewhere.
What's so great about this chip? I got a G2

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the best battery saving cloud build? What do u guys build on your G2 ?

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's so great about this chip? I got a G2
The smooth power delivery, the performance in temp control, kanthal and nichrome temp control. Good battery life

What CD said. TC is what I like about the chip and the ability to adjust that on the fly. What I like about the mod is durability and bang for the buck, the 3 G2's I have came to me for less than $150 shipped.

Last edited:

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm hoping the new battery bridge and new batteries will solve my battery check issue

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm hoping the new battery bridge and new batteries will solve my battery check issue

Yeah, would really suck to have to wait for parts to try to fix your brand new mod yourself and then have it not work, then have to send the mod in for a fix they should have done themselves initially for free anyways. Hope it works out for you

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Definitely let us know if you need any help. Quite a few people in here have taken their mods apart. Some are even in the middle of designing their own. I'm not one of those people that have, but there are people that are here that can and will help.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
trying out the charging feature on the g2. didn't bring spare batteries with me so need to charge em up a bit.
cda7db0425d7a71cdace64a4bc92d55f.jpg

VU Sponsors