Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

Dpetes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did you get the stand for the g2?
It's actually for the the sigelei fuchia 200W. I bought it on Amazon and used a unibit to slightly drill it out. It fits my slices too. Just go to Amazon and search fuchia 200W and it'll poop up. It fits perfectly in the cupholder

brittany741

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had G2's exclusively for a few months now (but the first six weeks were with a broken one which I just got back from warranty) and I'm trying to dial in my higher ohm builds now.

The Wotofo Mini is absolutely perfect at .88ohm @40w and 450F and 15.4%. But when I load up any of my higher ohm atomizers (Kayfun, Erlkonigan, Ubertoot, etc.) it seems I go from making vapor to burnt hits instead of simply getting warmer.

Of course my starting point is FSK once I get my temp dialed in, and I usually set wattage somewhere in the 35-45 range, anything lower is just too cold of a vape.

The sweet spot eludes me.

That's what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had G2's exclusively for a few months now (but the first six weeks were with a broken one which I just got back from warranty) and I'm trying to dial in my higher ohm builds now.

The Wotofo Mini is absolutely perfect at .88ohm @40w and 450F and 15.4%. But when I load up any of my higher ohm atomizers (Kayfun, Erlkonigan, Ubertoot, etc.) it seems I go from making vapor to burnt hits instead of simply getting warmer.

Of course my starting point is FSK once I get my temp dialed in, and I usually set wattage somewhere in the 35-45 range, anything lower is just too cold of a vape.

The sweet spot eludes me.

That's what she said.

I find it quite difficult to get consistant TC regulation with the low wattage settings. I think Ben from HT mentioned that in one of his videos, that there is a better chance for proper function when the wattage is higher.

The high ohm atty's might have a difficult time since the G2 has a 7V limit. For example, a 1.5 ohm coil in the Kayfun or Erl will only allow the G2 to put out 32W max regardless of what you set the wattage too.

brittany741

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find it quite difficult to get consistant TC regulation with the low wattage settings. I think Ben from HT mentioned that in one of his videos, that there is a better chance for proper function when the wattage is higher.

The high ohm atty's might have a difficult time since the G2 has a 7V limit. For example, a 1.5 ohm coil in the Kayfun or Erl will only allow the G2 to put out 32W max regardless of what you set the wattage too.

I hadn't rewatched the videos since I started down the rabbit hole of higher ohm single coil builds. That makes sense. I'll probably just stick to Digital Wattage Mode for those then. Thanks

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just finished installing two extra CPU in my silver G2, now I need to find an atomizer that can take all this extra horsepower. :)

DL42AEw.jpg

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, I pulled them from a couple of old life support machines today.

Got an ATI Rage and a bunch of 16Mb sticks of RAM also, the rest of them had PIII's but they aren't as good looking. The Pro is really nice looking.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL, I pulled them from a couple of old life support machines today.

Got an ATI Rage and a bunch of 16Mb sticks of RAM also, the rest of them had PIII's but they aren't as good looking. The Pro is really nice looking.
Bonus haul of ancient history! Yeah the PPro's were a big heavy core.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe I can help get back on track a little bit. If I manage to get a G2 on Wednesday, do I need to get LG HE2 or HE4? I've read so many folks using so many batteries, it's all a blur to me now. They both apppear to be 20A so what's the difference? Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I did it. I just ordered ANOTHER g2. This will go in the closet after it is vaped for a while and checked. Of course, I said that about the others I continually use.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I can help get back on track a little bit. If I manage to get a G2 on Wednesday, do I need to get LG HE2 or HE4? I've read so many folks using so many batteries, it's all a blur to me now. They both apppear to be 20A so what's the difference? Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael
I use LG he2 without issue and Samsung 25r batteries without issue. I just make sure they are married and mark them so I can rotate them. I don't have any he4 batteries yet. I've been buying the 25r when I have to buy new for my dual battery mods. There are probably better but they work fine for me.

I'm sure somebody has a better opinion.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use Home Work's in both of mine and they are starting to get a little long in the tooth, so I'l be replacing them with VTC6's when the time comes. My G2's rarely go over 120W so they will be fine and I like the extra run time of the 3000 mAh batteries. Too many HG2 fakes out there and there are no 30Q's available locally.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use Home Work's in both of mine and they are starting to get a little long in the tooth, so I'l be replacing them with VTC6's when the time comes. My G2's rarely go over 120W so they will be fine and I like the extra run time of the 3000 mAh batteries. Too many HG2 fakes out there and there are no 30Q's available locally.
I use liion for all my batteries. I don't think they have fakes. I could not remember the vtc6. Too many tanks on my mind.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just found a post where mooch tested the he4 directly against the 25r. Even though the he4 will work fine for me, I'll go ahead and get the Samsungs for a little longer life expectancy. I seriously doubt I'll be pushing them at a constant 20A, but the 25R's run a little coler according to Mooch.

I had thought of getting them from IMR Batteries since I wanted to get the XTAR SV2 2 Channel Rapid Battery Charger at the same time to save a buck or two on shipping.

Michael

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I looked at them too. I decided the trade-off between CDR and mah was acceptable for what I expect to be vaping. I'm at about 20 watts or so now and don't expect to go over 50-60 in the begining. Later on I may need more continuous current but that'll give me time to get another paycheck. :)

Edit: I just hope there's a G2 left I can order on Wednesday. :huh:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I looked at them too. I decided the trade-off between CDR and mah was acceptable for what I expect to be vaping. I'm at about 20 watts or so now and don't expect to go over 50-60 in the begining. Later on I may need more continuous current but that'll give me time to get another paycheck. :)

Edit: I just hope there's a G2 left I can order on Wednesday. :huh:
once you get kanthal tc figured out, hard to not use it. That's a little more battery intensive. I use it almost religiously.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not certain, but it looks like the G2 is a series battery mod and if that't truly the case then figuring 7 volts ( as an average) and 20 amps output, that would be a .36 ohm coil at 140 watts just as an example. I definitely won't be vaping that high for a little while at least. It'll take me some time to work my way up to that - if ever.

Right now on 20 watts I have to take a few little "sippy" draws when I first get up before I can take a full hit so I'm kind of a lightweight. :D

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not certain, but it looks like the G2 is a series battery mod and if that't truly the case then figuring 7 volts ( as an average) and 20 amps output, that would be a .36 ohm coil at 140 watts just as an example. I definitely won't be vaping that high for a little while at least. It'll take me some time to work my way up to that - if ever.

Right now on 20 watts I have to take a few little "sippy" draws when I first get up before I can take a full hit so I'm kind of a lightweight. :D
Why don't you cut your nic down so you can enjoy it.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not a series mod. You set it.

Ok, then if it's parallel, figuring 3.7 volts, 30 amps and a .2 ohm coil, that's 111 watts - well within sane vaping limits for me. :)

Why don't you cut your nic down so you can enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm gradually cutting down. The last batch of juice I mixed came out at a hair over 10mg. I've also cut down on the menthol as well. When I can get an rda I'll start experimenting with some other flavors.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

The batteries are in series in the G2.

Maximum current required for a regulated mod batteries are not calculated that way, the coil has nothing to do with it.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...attery-current-draw-for-a-regulated-mod.7532/

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for this.
You are most welcome.

When batteries get low, the regulator will draw the most power from them trying to provide the requested output. Up to the maximum current limit set by the mod maker.

Does anyone know the current limit on the G2?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool! Ok, using mooch's formula, 120 watts, figuring low battery cutoff at 3.2 volts, will draw about 19.7 amps. So according to that, the Samsung 25r which he has tested to be a true 20A CDR battery will be fine for me to start with as I don't forsee vaping that high for a week or so at least.

Now, later on, I'm sure I'll need to get bigger batteries.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You are most welcome.

When batteries get low, the regulator will draw the most power from them trying to provide the requested output. Up to the maximum current limit set by the mod maker.

Does anyone know the current limit on the G2?

I think I read 50 amps but I'm not sure. I'll go lok and see if I can find it.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool! Ok, using mooch's formula, 120 watts, figuring low battery cutoff at 3.2 volts, will draw about 19.7 amps. So according to that, the Samsung 25r which he has tested to be a true 20A CDR battery will be fine for me to start with as I don't forsee vaping that high for a week or so at least.

Now, later on, I'm sure I'll need to get bigger batteries.
The 25R is a solid performer as well as the VTC5A. I have those in my Minikin 2 and at 85W there is power for days. ;)

That maximum current is when the batteries get quite low. My meters never drop below half on any of my mods and they are on charge.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 25R is a solid performer as well as the VTC5A. I have those in my Minikin 2 and at 85W there is power for days. ;)

That maximum current is when the batteries get quite low. My meters never drop below half on any of my mods and they are on charge.
I'm normally at 410 temp and 45ish watts on the g2. Not too much. Not like 130 power. They last pretty good, even the h2 batteries.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I got my black and silver G2 LE headed this way along with 4 Samsung 25Rs and some Raymo's coils to go in my Innokin Eurus rda. Oh yeah, I ordered a Nitecore D2 to keep the batteries nice and comfy.

I wanted to get the Xstar, but I got my batteries from llion so got a charger there as well to save some shipping.

Christmas is coming next week folks! :bliss:

Michael

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LMAO it's hard man. so many decisions to make and so many good items. at least being a member here means you won't waste money on shit items lol

Absolute truth, man!

I knew I wanted the G2. If I can only have one top-tier mod, that was gonna be it if at all possible. I've been scared they were gonna sellout before I could get one I haven't really thought of anything else in over a week.

Here I am, been perfectly happy for months with my little vape pens and my little "Basic" ...now, you, Raymo2u and Deucesjack are sending me head first down the rabbit hole!!! :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Absolute truth, man!

I knew I wanted the G2. If I can only have one top-tier mod, that was gonna be it if at all possible. I've been scared they were gonna sellout before I could get one I haven't really thought of anything else in over a week.

Here I am, been perfectly happy for months with my little vape pens and my little "Basic" ...now, you, Raymo2u and Deucesjack are sending me head first down the rabbit hole!!! :D
Lmfao, that rabbit hole leads to a vape lifestyle. No coming back brother, you hooked. Lol.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lmfao, that rabbit hole leads to a vape lifestyle. No coming back brother, you hooked. Lol.

That's for doggone real! :D I just spent the grocery money for a new mod, batts, charger, and rda and I'm already trying to figure out how I can justify the battlestar and charon.. :)

You guys need to be registered as enablers!! :D

VU Sponsors