Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lmao, my apologies to anyone who feels or felt enabled. I truly never meant to be such a bad influence.

I suspect huge thanks are in order for you guys' "enabling". :)

But ya gotta admit he makes one hell of a coil.

He sent me a picture. They're beautiful. The man is a true artist!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Absolute truth, man!

I knew I wanted the G2. If I can only have one top-tier mod, that was gonna be it if at all possible. I've been scared they were gonna sellout before I could get one I haven't really thought of anything else in over a week.

Here I am, been perfectly happy for months with my little vape pens and my little "Basic" ...now, you, Raymo2u and Deucesjack are sending me head first down the rabbit hole!!! :D
Lmao welcome to shiny itis lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just got my G2 in the mail!!!

First thing I did was try to update it. I watched the video on hohmtechs G2 product page on how to update, but for some reason my mod isn't being detected by the updater. Windows shows the mod under devices as DFU FS, so windows is aware of it. I've tried putting the batteries in/out, enabling the port, then connecting the cable. I've tried keeping the cable connected the whole time. I've tried changing the version I'm updating to. I've tried the custom updater listed in the first time user thread... nothing I've tried has got the updater to recognize my mod!

I'm according to the mod I'm running 2.4.4 so I definitely want to update!

Anyone have any ideas? :(

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

First thing I did was try to update it. I watched the video on hohmtechs G2 product page on how to update, but for some reason my mod isn't being detected by the updater. Windows shows the mod under devices as DFU FS, so windows is aware of it. I've tried putting the batteries in/out, enabling the port, then connecting the cable. I've tried keeping the cable connected the whole time. I've tried changing the version I'm updating to. I've tried the custom updater listed in the first time user thread... nothing I've tried has got the updater to recognize my mod!

@SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Is this one from maine vapor room? If so I'll try and update mine tomorrow and see how it goes.

Make sure the driver gets installed, it's in the download but does not install automatically.

I had felt really stupid because I had looked up drivers for the USB DFU but couldn't find much. Then you posted that and I had a facepalm moment because I never even noticed the driver folder..... I launched the amd64 version, no installer or anything came up so I'm going to restart my pc and see if it works.

Edit: Update SUCCESS! PEBCAK strikes once again. Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
So after my FSK update adventure... I've noticed something else weird, my batteries have to be micromanaged in my mod to get it to power up. I can't just slam them in and it works every time. I have to fidget with them and watch the screen to know when to stop moving it around and any slight bump turns the mod off, assuming its because the batteries have fallen out of the "sweet spot."

And while writing this I've been messing around with the Kanthal TC mode. I've noticed the battery indictator drops to 0 when I fire. I've read keeping the wattage high increases the accuracy of the TC, so I've kept it at 151. Running claptons at .13 ohms, 420 degrees at 20% Temp curve I'm getting almost no vapor, but my batteries show <5% drop. At 40% the indicator shows a drop to <10%, sometimes 0% and I get a nice warm vape. My batteries are some admittedly old 25Rs... Anything to worry about?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine had exactly the same symptoms at one time. The problem was the battery bridge component being defective. The connections in mine were terribly loose causing the battery connection to come and go. Check with Hohmtech for a replacement.

Mine had exactly the same symptoms at one time. The problem was the battery bridge component being defective. The connections in mine were terribly loose causing the battery connection to come and go. Check with Hohmtech for a replacement.

Vaping has not been lady luck for me. This is the 3rd mod in 2 weeks to go down the shitter on me. My "ADV," a Smok Alien, died after 50 something days, my backup iStick 100W TC fire button just decided to shit the bed Saturday. I've been using my old RX200 with a busted/pushed in 510 pin for the last few days.

I feel like I'm going to need a backup for my backup... lmao

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The G2 is a good mod, save for just a few reports of various problems. But I have found the FSK setups from HT to be the best around. Personally I use the Slice most of the time. I've had mine fall from my lap in the truck down to the ground while exiting on several occasions, dropped from the workbench onto concrete, etc. Put the battery back in and snap the cover on, power it up, and away I go. Without a doubt the best bang for my buck I've found.

My G2 is also good, but I've had to replace the 510 connector and resecure the battery bridge. But it still works.

Use the 'sliceprice' code at Vaporcube and the slice is still under 30 bucks.

Now back to the G2 thread.........hope your luck with reliability improves.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DAMN! You're right. They were there last week....probably the last ones off the warehouse floor though. Looks like they've been removed completely and Hohmtech mods are soon to be a thing of the past. Sure glad I got 3 Slices and 2 G2s before they become a legend.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So after my FSK update adventure... I've noticed something else weird, my batteries have to be micromanaged in my mod to get it to power up. I can't just slam them in and it works every time. I have to fidget with them and watch the screen to know when to stop moving it around and any slight bump turns the mod off, assuming its because the batteries have fallen out of the "sweet spot."

And while writing this I've been messing around with the Kanthal TC mode. I've noticed the battery indictator drops to 0 when I fire. I've read keeping the wattage high increases the accuracy of the TC, so I've kept it at 151. Running claptons at .13 ohms, 420 degrees at 20% Temp curve I'm getting almost no vapor, but my batteries show <5% drop. At 40% the indicator shows a drop to <10%, sometimes 0% and I get a nice warm vape. My batteries are some admittedly old 25Rs... Anything to worry about?
I'm a little confused about your kanthal tc. I can't tell if your using xxx mode. This is what you need. Also, kanthal tc depends on the quality of the kanthal. I have some 28 fused clapton that will not tc no matter what the settings. I assume the temp curve is the xxx fsk variable. That is what is used to make it work. Too low and it won't fire, you get zero on the screen. Also, if your batteries are too low, say 45%, it could sag to a no fire.

I have a 24/34 clapton that works great in single or dual coil. I got it from LV.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All my g2s are upgraded to 2.4.7. I have no issues. Is doing more upgrades that important? I've purposely did not upgrade any further since they are working so well.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
DAMN! You're right. They were there last week....probably the last ones off the warehouse floor though. Looks like they've been removed completely and Hohmtech mods are soon to be a thing of the past. Sure glad I got 3 Slices and 2 G2s before they become a legend.
I've been looking around to get another Slice LE... already have 3 Slices and for some reason that doesn't seem to be enough. Finally found them on sale at Evcigarettes... Electronic Cigarette | Save Money On Your E Cigarette Needs, a shop out of Florida, for $43 plus shipping. Just had to get a red one... the rabbit hole.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My G2 came in the mail today! I just ordered it Wednesday from Maine Vapor and it's here already! :D

vapemail1.jpg

I haven't had time to check it out fully yet - got batteries in the charger, but on first glance this thing is awesome!!

The battery door fits so well, it took me minute to figure out how to get it open.:)

I'll be back with more thoughts once the batteries charge and I can get into it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My G2 came in the mail today! I just ordered it Wednesday from Maine Vapor and it's here already! :D

View attachment 81357

I haven't had time to check it out fully yet - got batteries in the charger, but on first glance this thing is awesome!!

The battery door fits so well, it took me minute to figure out how to get it open.:)

I'll be back with more thoughts once the batteries charge and I can get into it.
Whole lotta quality for that price. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is xXx mode still the thing to do with the latest update? I saw kanthal but was unable to get off it to work. I went back to old school. I also use xXx for SS. Is that still correct or should I select the wire?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is xXx mode still the thing to do with the latest update? I saw kanthal but was unable to get off it to work. I went back to old school. I also use xXx for SS. Is that still correct or should I select the wire?
I still use xxx mode a lot but mainly because it is the way I learned how to use the G2 so it is second nature for me. The presets for SS really work well though, I use them a lot but if I want something different I go into xxx mode.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
SS mode works really well. Just "set it and forget it". But if for some reason it isn't working with your particular coil/wire, xxx is fine to use. I often use kanthol/ss combo coils, and xxx works perfectly for them.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SS mode works really well. Just "set and forget it". But if for some reason it isn't working with your particular coil/wire, xxx is fine to use. I often use kanthol/ss combo coils, and xxx works perfectly for them.
Are you resetting the resistance?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you resetting the resistance?

Do you mean, if it isn't working in SS mode? If so, I think it's only happened with one build, and I think it may have just been due to a dirty coil. I switched to xxx and was able to dial it in. I cleaned and rewicked it the next day, and I believe it worked in SS afterwards, IIRC. Honestly, it's hard to remember what build I've got in what atty, until it's time for a cleaning. LOL

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you mean, if it isn't working in SS mode? If so, I think it's only happened with one build, and I think it may have just been due to a dirty coil. I switched to xxx and was able to dial it in. I cleaned and rewicked it the next day, and I believe it worked in SS afterwards, IIRC. Honestly, it's hard to remember what build I've got in what atty, until it's time for a cleaning. LOL
A dirty coil. I bet that was the issue. I have a tank ready to build. I will try it with my ss316.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, everytime you switch atty's you have to press the fire button till the screen says no atomizer. This resets the resistance.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

View attachment 81357

Congrats man. Your gonna love it

VU Sponsors