Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You are probably right Ray, the bottom line is that the mod kicks ass.
I just got the new Vaptio S150 Kit in and at 150w there a big difference between it and the Hohm Wrecker at 120w...The G2 is much hotter and seems to heat the coil instantly while the S150 I have to draw for a second to build up enough heat where its enjoyable....I thought it was wierd and I pulled out a bunch of my other mods and tried them all....its the same thing on all of them and they are all around the same level of heat at 150...while the G2 seems around the same heat at 95-100w

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got the new Vaptio S150 Kit in and at 150w there a big difference between it and the Hohm Wrecker at 120w...The G2 is much hotter and seems to heat the coil instantly while the S150 I have to draw for a second to build up enough heat where its enjoyable....I thought it was wierd and I pulled out a bunch of my other mods and tried them all....its the same thing on all of them and they are all around the same level of heat at 150...while the G2 seems around the same heat at 95-100w

Since I've noticed the same thing (As you know Ray) I've wondered if they put something like evolves preheat punch in the FSK.

F

fckaugust8th

Well, my Win 10 doesn't recognize the usb device ( the g2) so I'm unable to update it. Now what?

F

fckaugust8th

Yup! Done that first! The problem is that when I install it, I get a prompt that the program can not run because my computer is missing the STDFU.dll file! Is that a STD F#$t-Up file or what:headbang:

F

fckaugust8th

The other problem is that the win 10 tablet doesn't recognize the USB device. I booted up my old Win 7 notebook, I get the same missing STDFU.dll file prompt.
I get the same prompt with the HohmTech installer.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup! Done that first! The problem is that when I install it, I get a prompt that the program can not run because my computer is missing the STDFU.dll file! Is that a STD F#$t-Up file or what:headbang:
Do you have a malware program deleting it?
LINK for the .dll needed, drop it into the Hohm Wrecker folders...copy it to all of them!! The G2 will install the drivers when it connects finally...

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Bear, you get it to work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

Nope! one notebook (win 7) is slower than a snail on crutches and even with ray's help it didn't work. The other, a win 10 tablet doesn't recognize the usb device (mod). Sure wish there was Mac updater.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope! one notebook (win 7) is slower than a snail on crutches and even with ray's help it didn't work. The other, a win 10 tablet doesn't recognize the usb device (mod). Sure wish there was Mac updater.
Theres something wrong then, Im using WIN 7 and its working flawlessly...Ill check it all over again and reupload it when done for you!

F

fckaugust8th

Thank you Ray, I'll contact Vapor World Customer service, it seems the problem is with the mod's USB, none of the computers recognize the device. Don't spend your time with this, make more of those mind blowing coils instead.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you Ray, I'll contact Vapor World Customer service, it seems the problem is with the mod's USB, none of the computers recognize the device. Don't spend your time with this, make more of those mind blowing coils instead.
Try the new edit....Also pop your batteries out, hook up the USB run the program, then pout it in USB mod on the G2...then it should all link up..try that before sending it out or anything

F

fckaugust8th

Ray, I have no words to thank you enough for all this extra work. Unfortunately the STTubeDevice30.dll is missing this time :headbang: I'm calling it an evening, I'll spend my time watching the grass grow.

F

fckaugust8th

Ray, thank you. Out of desperation I gave a last try with my wife's Win. 8 laptop......it actually worked:stars2::confetti::hearts::stars:I have 171watts:bliss:. Again, thank you for all the help, now I have To make more juice.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ray, thank you. Out of desperation I gave a last try with my wife's Win. 8 laptop......it actually worked:stars2::confetti::hearts::stars:I have 171watts:bliss:. Again, thank you for all the help, now I have To make more juice.

Yeah! Glad it worked Bear!

Ray, you da man!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it says right in the features on the website that it starts at 151w and then drops to whatever you set the wattage to once the coils are hot (almost instantly from the sounds of it). the plain black one is hopefully going to be the next mod i acquire. they sound awesome...

F

fckaugust8th

:bliss::confetti:They are awesome! Now that my head stopped spinning from trying to update the blasted thing, it is even better. ...or at least so I think. I bought mine from worldvapor.biz

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
:bliss::confetti:They are awesome! Now that my head stopped spinning from trying to update the blasted thing, it is even better. ...or at least so I think. I bought mine from worldvapor.biz
I never got a notification that anyone replied to the thread but I saw it in "new posts", glad it worked!! Which version did you use so I know which to keep up?

F

fckaugust8th

I downloaded both, but I'm pretty sure I used the second one. It may have been the first version, I just got all confused. The problem was not with the installer, it was with the tablet not recognizing the mod. When I used my wife's laptop, I connected the mod first and once it actually recognized the mod, I went ahead with the downloads. It took all of 5 minutes to get it all done....after the first 3 hours of frustration. Again, Ray, thank you very much.
I made some dragon skin wire, now I have to either wait for the Merlin, or get another Alleria.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I downloaded both, but I'm pretty sure I used the second one. It may have been the first version, I just got all confused. The problem was not with the installer, it was with the tablet not recognizing the mod. When I used my wife's laptop, I connected the mod first and once it actually recognized the mod, I went ahead with the downloads. It took all of 5 minutes to get it all done....after the first 3 hours of frustration. Again, Ray, thank you very much.
I made some dragon skin wire, now I have to either wait for the Merlin, or get another Alleria.
Make sure to take some pics of it!!! Ive only have a small modest build in my Alleria :D

F

fckaugust8th

@raymo2u , why do I have a hard time believing you have a small, modest built in the Alleria? Your 'small, modest built' is something most of us can only dream of doing.

F

fckaugust8th

I started with 30g core and 36g outer SS clapton for the dragon skin but I don't think I did the last step enough times, it looks sort of like yours, but not quite:confused:. Dual coils, 6 wraps 2.5mm ID at 0.29,-ish ohms. Now I have to get a clip-on lens for my phone camera.

F

fckaugust8th

Like I said, you're just pulling our chain. That looks great! I have some of them coils, they just look so nice, I don't want to get them messy.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Like I said, you're just pulling our chain. That looks great! I have some of them coils, they just look so nice, I don't want to get them messy.
I know exactly what your saying....sometimes I dont even mount them because I think they look too good...like the build I have in my Goon, I dont even want to wick it...try 3 x 28g and 34g for outer wrap next time, I think thats what I used myself....After a few tries you'll know how much toi twist them all together and when to smooth out the scales...it just takes some time...I didnt learn to build over night and I was pretty proud the first time I made a clapton 28g/28g (as it was all the wire I had)...

Ill include a set of those with your next order free of charge for whatever RDA/RTA you want. Just so you understand why I think they are the best in performance...not just because they look nice....thats why I take all the pics...preserve what they look like but then try them for their performance! Some are more for aesthetics and those are the ones I dont use...

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant even download the newest firmware. When I go to the site and try it just redirects to a page full of wingdings and shit.

F

fckaugust8th

Sounds good to me! I think I will order another Alleria, just waiting for the Merlin to see how I like it first. I think my Alleria has a big leak somewhere, I don't see any juice dripping, but the tank gets empty really fast:gaah:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds good to me! I think I will order another Alleria, just waiting for the Merlin to see how I like it first. I think my Alleria has a big leak somewhere, I don't see any juice dripping, but the tank gets empty really fast:gaah:
If you dont see it dripping its not...its really goes through juice quickly as its less then 3ml's...but you cannot beat the flavor density on this RTA!!

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I see where all the G2 love is, had mine since February and it's an awesome device. It redefines what true RMS power is.

I trolled all the review videos arguing with the naysayers for a while and now just enjoy it quietly while I await the Hohm Slice release.

People just don't know what they are missing. I think a big part of why this device hasn't done better is Ben from Hohmtech, he is a terrible spokesman that simply does not exude confidence.

No offense Ben, I'm sure you are a great guy.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never got a notification that anyone replied to the thread but I saw it in "new posts", glad it worked!! Which version did you use so I know which to keep up?
Mine did the same. I have the alarm set so I should be getting alerts. Not getting any though

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

This is my current build on the Alleria. 24g square SS wrapped in 38g SS. 8 wraps 2.5 mm ID at 0.13 ohms. No, I didn't use the Raymo coils yet, they are too nice.14632413406381279430831.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fckaugust8th

I took out the coils pictured above and replaced them with fused claptons, 26gx2 KA1 wrapped in 34gKA1. 6 wraps with 3.0 mm ID at0.29 ohms in xXx mode at 430 deg.F, it is really nice. FSK curve is at 17.2% and I'm a happy camper!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I took out the coils pictured above and replaced them with fused claptons, 26gx2 KA1 wrapped in 34gKA1. 6 wraps with 3.0 mm ID at0.29 ohms in xXx mode at 430 deg.F, it is really nice. FSK curve is at 17.2% and I'm a happy camper!
You need to try out one of my sets....lol Why not use what you paid for?

F

fckaugust8th

I think I have to buy another Alleria, install one of the coil sets you made and keep it to show off!

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I have to buy another Alleria, install one of the coil sets you made and keep it to show off!
Brewbear you gotta use the Raymos brother! Although they are a work of art IMHO they actually work as good If not better than they look! I've been rocking a set of aliens for almost 2 weeks and between them, Roxy's Boreas, & the G2 I've quite possibly found vaping nirvana! Please at least try them cuz Ray can always make you more!:headbang::shades:

F

fckaugust8th

Brewbear you gotta use the Raymos brother! Although they are a work of art IMHO they actually work as good If not better than they look! I've been rocking a set of aliens for almost 2 weeks and between them, Roxy's Boreas, & the G2 I've quite possibly found vaping nirvana! Please at least try them cuz Ray can always make you more!
LOL. OK, I'll buy the"show off" Alleria and put a set in. Now I have to choose which set! ? Will decisions never end?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Brewbear you gotta use the Raymos brother! Although they are a work of art IMHO they actually work as good If not better than they look! I've been rocking a set of aliens for almost 2 weeks and between them, Roxy's Boreas, & the G2 I've quite possibly found vaping nirvana! Please at least try them cuz Ray can always make you more!:headbang::shades:
LOL. OK, I'll buy the"show off" Alleria and put a set in. Now I have to choose which set! ? Will decisions never end?

If you think those are works of art...check what Im vaping on :p

20160515_181242.jpg 20160515_182626.jpg

F

fckaugust8th

Next time you grab some Ill include a few extras so you can use some
Thank you Ray, I'll probably end up encasing them in glass and saving them that way. I really appreciate the offer, I will order more coils once the DotBox Co-op buy is over and I know how my vaping funds settle. I don't have any DNA200 mods and I figured if I'm buying one, it might as well be a really good one. I'm tempted by another G2 and the Hohm Slice as well. Any thoughts on the Slice?

F

fckaugust8th

I am tempted to use a viking weave, but I'm not sure if it will work. This is what viking chain looks likeviking weave.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am tempted to use a viking weave, but I'm not sure if it will work. This is what viking chain looks likeView attachment 51128
viking-knit-chain-diagram.jpg
ssdouble1.jpg

The Slice is nice but its too limited for my tastes...it would do nicely for many though!

VU Sponsors