Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup! that's the chain I was thinking about!
You wouldnt believe how many tools and other handy parts that are for jewelry goes great in making coils...I use a 6 piece pliers set, corrugating machine, Hammer and Anvil, diagonal cutters, hand vise and more and they were all for jewelry making....

F

fckaugust8th

I use Tronex pliers for the chain maille, the jewelry supply stores were selling them for $75 a piece four years ago. I bought mine from an electronics supply store for$35 a pair. Thinking outside the box is very useful. I will try some in SS wire, I figure that since it is woven, the wire length will be enough to use it. I'm thinking of using a core wire as well since the weave itself is tubular.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use Tronex pliers for the chain maille, the jewelry supply stores were selling them for $75 a piece four years ago. I bought mine from an electronics supply store for$35 a pair. Thinking outside the box is very useful. I will try some in SS wire, I figure that since it is woven, the wire length will be enough to use it. I'm thinking of using a core wire as well since the weave itself is tubular.
I have SS wire coming in Tuesday from 22g all the way up to 40g and everything in between....It'll be nice for the people who keep asking about SS builds

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just went to update my G2 using your link Ray. Mine came with 2.4.7 installed on it. looking in your file you have an older firmware. Guess I dont need to update just yet. :) I have a .09 SS fused clapton build in it, and I tried to use it in temp control mode. set it to SS temp mode and it says "damaged Atomizer"... Huh? it is working just fine in wattage mode though. Any thoughts?

F

fckaugust8th

The newest update version is 2.5.5 My understanding is that they are working on new algorithms to address some problems, this is why the release of the Slice was pushed back.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just went to update my G2 using your link Ray. Mine came with 2.4.7 installed on it. looking in your file you have an older firmware. Guess I dont need to update just yet. :) I have a .09 SS fused clapton build in it, and I tried to use it in temp control mode. set it to SS temp mode and it says "damaged Atomizer"... Huh? it is working just fine in wattage mode though. Any thoughts?
Im not sure, try turning down the wattage in TC mode, that could be the issue...

With the newest link of it preloaded it with the latest firmware so no one had to do anything more then download and update. ;)

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I loaded up 2.5.5 and Auto-TC mode is odd... 50% mode is really weak changing the temp does nothing for any tank or RDA I tried. Insane mode is always pushing full 151w no matter what I set the temp curve % to. Also changing the temp in Insane mode did nothing. I went back to normal xXx mode and setting changes work great as they should. So I am not using Auto TC mode anymore and just manually adjust things. Not like I am having to change setting constantly so it works just fine for me. Back to fully functional TC with Kanthal.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
ok, Im an idiot. My firmware is 4.4.7, your update contains 4.5.5.... Yea, pesky numbers. Now my comp (win 10 machine) wont recognise my device. Gonna read a bit and see what I need to di to get it to recognize my G2 and try the update again. are there drivers I need to install first?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I loaded up 2.5.5 and Auto-TC mode is odd... 50% mode is really weak changing the temp does nothing for any tank or RDA I tried. Insane mode is always pushing full 151w no matter what I set the temp curve % to. Also changing the temp in Insane mode did nothing. I went back to normal xXx mode and setting changes work great as they should. So I am not using Auto TC mode anymore and just manually adjust things. Not like I am having to change setting constantly so it works just fine for me. Back to fully functional TC with Kanthal.
Auto TC I wouldnt Recommend using for the same reasons, I usually use xXx Mode on anything and everything the other modes need more tweaking on the latest firmware...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ok, Im an idiot. My firmware is 4.4.7, your update contains 4.5.5.... Yea, pesky numbers. Now my comp (win 10 machine) wont recognise my device. Gonna read a bit and see what I need to di to get it to recognize my G2 and try the update again. are there drivers I need to install first?
You need to take out the batteries and then replace them.. Open the Software and plug in the USB, then go into USB mode on the G2. this will solve that issue.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
well... Yea... So let me tell you why you shouldnt update devices when buzzing from over-nic situations... You gotta go into the menu and turn the damn upgrade port ON!!! Oops... Just went to Hohmtechs page and watched the video on how to upgrade. Once I saw them turn the port on it kinda clicked! Upgraded now. Got 171 watts availible now even though I normally wont go that high. finally figured out the basic SS temp control, so I am now vaping my .09 SS claptons at 500F and 125 watts. Pretty nice I must say. Will keep looking at how my battery life is.

F

fckaugust8th

I made them with 30g SS wire, they are 2.0mm ID.
Next, I will try them with 28g and go for 2.5 to 3.0 mm ID

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Prepping a set of coils from @raymo2u in the tm squared for today.
bf6ad3529e6858d0bafc0d5237e72f5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
ok, can someone help me out a bit here... Updated my Firmware to 4.5.5 via Raymo's link. I hit the mode button three times to select between TC and wattage mode, right? when I do that i get a screen that has selectable ni, ti, ss and W. Im assuming W is wattage mode. I select that and the screen still looks like it is in TC mode. has temp and wattage displayed and tapping fire three times I can switch to and adjust either. I am getting a rather anemic vape now from it even with the wattage and temp maxed out. I am noticing that when i hit the fire button the watts drop to 40 and slowly rise, but nowhere near what I have it set at.

I thought that maybe my build was just to low for my battery levels, so i put new batteries and a different build in it. Build is now a .32 Kanthal build. I powered of, and back on the device since it was a new atty, and the resistance still says .09. that is the build I pulled out. If I LOCK the resistance it will lock at .32 which is what the build is, but if i unlock it the mod is still reading/showing .09.

How do I get it to reset and actually read the attys resistance? How do I get it to fire in Wattage mode at the level I select?

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, pulled the batteries and then restarted it and it is reading my atty at the right resistance while unlocked now. cant vape it in the office so i will have to wait a bit to see if it is vaping better with this build. One thing I noticed, with the .09 build I didnt get any hiss of it vaporizing the juice. i think perhaps my batteries were just getting very low. the meter read 25% when i pulled them. Dont have a meter so i cant check their voltages.

Gotta love getting new toys. there is always a learning curve.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
crap, reading on Hohmtechs page... the W that I thought was wattage mode is set up for tungsten in ceramic coils... So how so I get it to wattage mode with the new 4.5.5 update? or is this simply a TC only box now? I may downgrade to 4.4.7 if thats the case...

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
crap, reading on Hohmtechs page... the W that I thought was wattage mode is set up for tungsten in ceramic coils... So how so I get it to wattage mode with the new 4.5.5 update? or is this simply a TC only box now? I may downgrade to 4.4.7 if thats the case...
Hot the power button 3 times to go to the next. I think it's a total of 9 to get to watts.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok. Got it. Hit mode 3 times and you get to the tc mode screen. Hit mode 3 more times and you are at the advanced tc mode screen. Hit that suckered three more times and you are at digital watts screen, which is what I wanted. Thanks!

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok. Got it. Hit mode 3 times and you get to the tc mode screen. Hit mode 3 more times and you are at the advanced tc mode screen. Hit that suckered three more times and you are at digital watts screen, which is what I wanted. Thanks!
Yes even though I got all fat fingered you understood what I was trying to say lol.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
well, just went out to try it, and it is working a lot better. Now that Im actually in wat mode... lol. even tried Kanthal TC for a bit, and that worked pretty good too. But I did notice that vaping in wattage mode at 100 watts on a .32 build the batt level is dropping FAST! half a tank through my Boreas and the batt level dropped from 99% to 77%. its dropping about 1% every two puffs or so. So I may see about getting larger batteries. Im using VTC4s now and i believe they are 2000mah? I could grab my LG Poo batteries from my RX, but they are married in tripples for teh RX's and I dont want to break that up... Has anyone tried the HohmLife batts from hohmtech? Their web page had a large number for MAH... I wonder if Mooch has done anything with them?

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
ok, can someone help me out a bit here... Updated my Firmware to 4.5.5 via Raymo's link. I hit the mode button three times to select between TC and wattage mode, right? when I do that i get a screen that has selectable ni, ti, ss and W. Im assuming W is wattage mode. I select that and the screen still looks like it is in TC mode. has temp and wattage displayed and tapping fire three times I can switch to and adjust either. I am getting a rather anemic vape now from it even with the wattage and temp maxed out. I am noticing that when i hit the fire button the watts drop to 40 and slowly rise, but nowhere near what I have it set at.

I thought that maybe my build was just to low for my battery levels, so i put new batteries and a different build in it. Build is now a .32 Kanthal build. I powered of, and back on the device since it was a new atty, and the resistance still says .09. that is the build I pulled out. If I LOCK the resistance it will lock at .32 which is what the build is, but if i unlock it the mod is still reading/showing .09.

How do I get it to reset and actually read the attys resistance? How do I get it to fire in Wattage mode at the level I select?

Well it looks like others got you fixed up. Great!

Mooch tested the Hohm Work batteries I believe.

I use the pink 3000mAh Samsung 30Qs and get great battery life, but I don't vape at 100W either.

I use the LG 3000mAh in mine. I can get about 3 Boreas tank full out of those.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I'm probably changing the batteries on the last tank full when it gets down to about a quarter. I have two, but both are setup similar. One doing TC for SS and the other on TC with NiCr. I haven hem set to 100W, but I'm sure TC kicks in and limits that. It is more for quick ramp up time.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
well, just went out to try it, and it is working a lot better. Now that Im actually in wat mode... lol. even tried Kanthal TC for a bit, and that worked pretty good too. But I did notice that vaping in wattage mode at 100 watts on a .32 build the batt level is dropping FAST! half a tank through my Boreas and the batt level dropped from 99% to 77%. its dropping about 1% every two puffs or so. So I may see about getting larger batteries. Im using VTC4s now and i believe they are 2000mah? I could grab my LG Poo batteries from my RX, but they are married in tripples for teh RX's and I dont want to break that up... Has anyone tried the HohmLife batts from hohmtech? Their web page had a large number for MAH... I wonder if Mooch has done anything with them?
I have a pair that I bought with the unit. Don't notice much difference between them and LG brownies.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One purchase you will be happy you made....Actually its kind of sad how much this makes other mods seem dull and lifeless....I havent touched anything besides it and I dont plan on buying another regulated mod unless its as good
I agree. I looked long and hard at the G2 and the DNA200, took a gamble on the G2 and it paid off. The vape is on a different level vs everything else on the market, or at least everything I have tried. Especially temperature control but even wattage mode is smoother, it's like vaping a mechanical...it's that smooth.

paul.k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The hype is real. I own several dna 200 mods and the g2 I got last week is awesome. Tc with kanthal takes it to the next level. With all these great sales I had to get another one. I suspect shops are dumping inventory with the recent fda regs.

F

fckaugust8th

@paul.k, can you compare the dna200 and the g2? I have a g2 and contemplate a dotbox with dna200 in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors