Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Be afraid, be very afraid!

1796301-3-thumb.jpg

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10008990/1796301-congestus-style-telescoping-mechanical-mod

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the Congestus isn't new, but the clone kinda is. Now, the kids can blow their faces off with Moar Powr! o_O

I think it's a pretty terrible idea for anyone who doesn't know what they are doing. Stacked batteries in a mech is just a bad thing waiting to happen IMHO.

FWIW, I do use a couple of stacked battery mods...both are regulated mods designed for it and I use IMR's in them anyway..

Some idiot vapor or vendor is gonna shove a couple of Fandyfire 26650 "batteries" in there and vape a 0.000002 coil, then wonder why they have to eat through a tube afterwards...

Last edited:
holy crap, LMAO, yea... batteries in parallel or mods actually designed for stacking with proper safety / venting measures may be I'd mess with haha nice find.

hope no one actually gets hurt stacking that particular one. brave if they try haha.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
better hope the switch gives out before anything bad happens

Reactions: jae

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To be fair, the Congestus is a very nice mod. I'm sure the clone is not too horrible either, I wouldn't mind one.

But, sadly, you have to assume the lowest denominator will be the loudest heard....hopefully not literally. I can't imagine what stacked 26650's would do if they went wrong....because they do make loads of fake MNKE's and also have ICR versions. That, would be bad.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aw yeah! I can't wait for the media to get ahold of that in a few weeks when some dumb hillbilly blows half his face off misusing it! That's going to be SO MUCH FUN

BONUS CONTENT:

"I heard them things was a lot worser for you than these cigarettes" every single god damn day for weeks.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats nothing…. I'm planning on hooking 16 car batteries in series and hooking them up to a diesel generator so I can power the largest RDA ever made!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Still bending the copper pipe I'm gonna use for the coil!!!! IT'LL BE SWEET!!!!!

To much??? :)

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well sure looks like a lot of the folks talking about it at FT like the monstrosity.
Definitely not the mod for me.
Hope all that use that thing will be careful. And if so, I see no need for being overly concerned.

SkyLine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well sure looks like a lot of the folks talking about it at FT like the monstrosity.
Definitely not the mod for me.
Hope all that use that thing will be careful. And if so, I see no need for being overly concerned.
.02 as in youre gunna get it and build a coil at .02? ;)

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have it,, I stacked it and now I'm a big fan of the Congestus.. Great mod but def not for beginners.. Stacking is great fun for chasing big clouds.. I use mine in single battery mode 99.9% of the time and it is still a beast with very little voltage drop.. The average vaper would have little use for this mod.. Matched a set of sony vtc4's using with the black 26650 to 18650 adapters from FT and works excellent.. My favorite mod to date from FT..

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aw yeah! I can't wait for the media to get ahold of that in a few weeks when some dumb hillbilly blows half his face off misusing it! That's going to be SO MUCH FUN

BONUS CONTENT:

"I heard them things was a lot worser for you than these cigarettes" every single god damn day for weeks.
I've lived in Ky, Tn, and Arkansas.. That does sound so real.. hahaha!!

I was lucky enuff to receive a massive package of vape mail today, and along with a few other very nice (used, but in 9.5/10 condition) mods to add to my voluminous collection, we're 2 26650 mods...my first foray into this realm. One a Fat Snow Wolf, and the other a Congestus. Now, even tho I reside in TN, as a former military brat, and a retired veteran myself, I've grown up, and lived all over the world. So, thankfully, I have the wits to look at this Congestus, and not just see what could be mistaken for a big SS bong...and, after working avionics on just about every type of aircraft in the Air Force's inventory, I'm not about to put one of my_. 3 ohm builds on this thing with a pair of stacked 26650s in it. I am having a bit of trouble finding out what would be considered safe. It seems to my questionable memory, that I may have seen somewhere that you'd need something like an 8 ohm resistance, but that seems a bit excessive. Will something like over 2 ohms be safe...or do I need to break out some 20 guage wire and build something with a massive resistance? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some times I get even kind of weary with 26650 mods.. but stacked? umm Ill pass on that personally.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People gonna die… They just gonna vaporize their faces off.. Or the Kanthal… Either way I can't see this as a good idea.

Maybe it is… But I'm not sold on that idea yet.

One thing I knew before I bought these, is that they're going to be the only ones I'm going to buy. I own over 45 authentic tube mods, and all the drippers, and finally about all the good genesis and other tank type attys that I want... I'm only buying rare (which I have a very nice collection already) mods...I'm waiting on a Piccolo I just aquired(!) , or something very innovative that I wait for a trusted reviewer to give me the skinny on...I'm just being very picky now, hoping I finally start reaping the other reward of quitting smoking...saving money!

I bought a couple of 26650 clones, just to see if I'd like them...A copper Hades, and a mutant...I was very unimpressed wit them both, and was ready to forget them totally. But, when I came upon this deal, I felt that, considering that I had purchased some different attys for the 26650s, and that both mods were reviewed well, that I'd get these and be able to really experience them...so far I'd only used a Kangertech Giant, which, with the clones I bought was a miserable fail... I've only used it with the only variable 30w mod I own. It has 2.1ohm coils, which I'm trying to research if I can use 'em with the dual stacked congestus...then I plan on mastering the art of coil building for 26650 drippers and gennies. Whoo, that turned into a book...apologies!

That'sE="GargoyleK1, post: 101308, member: 4822"]People gonna die… They just gonna vaporize their faces off.. Or the Kanthal… Either way I can't see this as a good idea.

Maybe it is… But I'm not sold on that idea yet.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm trying to research this subject as much as possible before diving in...already disabled, don't need anything else to cause me more injury or pain! I saw the video of that moron sub-ohming with a dual stack that was so hot he was holding it with a towel... Wonder if he has melted half off his face off yet?!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've lived in Ky, Tn, and Arkansas.. That does sound so real.. hahaha!!
My next door neighbor is from Arkansas, he started his bbq over the 4th of July with gasoline and lost his eyebrows. He'd be the one to stack 26650's and run a .05 coil in it.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My next door neighbor is from Arkansas, he started his bbq over the 4th of July with gasoline and lost his eyebrows. He's be the one to stack 26650's and run a .05 coil in it.
My dumb as shit buddy growing up would stack with a .01 and call it good and do so with the shittiest batteries he could find.

My next door neighbor is from Arkansas, he started his bbq over the 4th of July with gasoline and lost his eyebrows. He's be the one to stack 26650's and run a .05 coil in it.
Reckon he didn't read the passage in the "Redneck Tips" that tells you to ignite, "stand 20 yds away and use flamethrower"!

VaporOwl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, assuming you have a pair of EFest 26650s rated for 32A continuous discharge and doing a little Ohm's law:
8.4V / 32A = 0.2625Ohms
Power calculations (.4Ohms used because we like to err on the side of caution, right?):
(8.4V)*(8.4V)/(.4Ohms) = 176.4Watts!!!!!

My god that's absurd. Going backwads from the 176.4 watts yields 21A, totally within the safety of those batteries.

Now I think I should get a congestus...

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
once again history repeats itself...same company that made my Revolver mod (Motor City Modz) made the Destroyer about 2 years ago, a stacked 26650 mod...

srdestroyuer2_2.jpg

Bay City Vapers has a dual 26650 mechanical... Now I recently acquired a Congestus, and I'm not trying to blow my face off doing crazy sub-ohm shit... What wou ld a marginally safe ohm range to play within? I've tried it with a 2.1 coil on a kangertech mega... Seems to work ok, with a kick-ass output. Used with a single battery, it will put out some vapor, but doesn't have the flavor. I was using it with my one vw box mod...diehard mechanical guy, at around 12mg... I'd like to get about coiling up some drippers, and even a Kraken that I have...again, don't want to blow up... But willing to walk the line a tad...any help?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You think that is big....check out this baby.
Fresh on the market, it takes two car batteries and the atty takes a Tesla coil!
m_ES800-000C.jpg
There having trouble finding a decent drip tip however....

Got mine on saturday, really not planning on stacking it, but single stack it is the bomb. Great hitter and VERY well made. Also I have used the
tubes from my 26650 panzer touse it with a single 18650. That works fine also. Got a taifun GT on it and it's an all day vape.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own two 26650 BFM's from BCV..I noticed on their website James is offering a single stacked copper tube as a option. Screw on the top cap/RDA, slip in two IMR 26650 batts, screw in the switch housing and that's it..I like the idea of it being a single tube and not two tubes screwed together.. This is something I might consider someday as my hard hitting single batt BFM blows clouds all day long (.15 build) on a single batt charge...hard to believe it could be even better with the stacked tube, and handle even lower builds safely too! Lol
c7d07edf1dc2095c256a0eb96233c284.jpg

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stacked won't handle lower builds; as the amp limit remains the same, BUT the voltage is doubled, so you will actually want to build a bit higher.

Ex. A .2 ohm build will behave like a .1 ohm build on a single battery.

http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

Learn more about ohms law before you do something stupid
.thank you sir! ..Ohms law states my .15 ohm build pulls 28A at 4.2 V so to be safe I'm using a IMR 26650 batt rated at 32A cont/64A pulse that's plenty safe, and lasts all day on one charge vaping almost nonstop.. (always safety first)
Not sure about stacking batteries but the two batts stacked in our flashlight measured same 3.7v on the voltmeter stacked or not..was told double batts extend the run time (mAh) as compared to a single batt but volts remain the same..(told that on another forum)
Amps still has to tested to see if they double or remain the same under a load using the right test equipment for ourselves, (brother owns an electronic repair shop) as the info found here can be inaccurate and confusing sometimes...no worries.. I don't plan to stack batts in my copper BFM anytime soon anyway... It hits hard enough already..thx for your concern, :cool:

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Its nothing new the Congestus has been around for years. You can tell by the old school GG style side button.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
.thank you sir! ..Ohms law states my .15 ohm build pulls 28A at 4.2 V so to be safe I'm using a IMR 26650 batt rated at 32A cont/64A pulse that's plenty safe, and lasts all day on one charge vaping almost nonstop.. (always safety first)
Not sure about stacking batteries but the two batts stacked in our flashlight measured same 3.7v on the voltmeter stacked or not..was told double batts extend the run time (mAh) as compared to a single batt but volts remain the same..(told that on another forum)
Amps still has to tested to see if they double or remain the same under a load using the right test equipment for ourselves, (brother owns an electronic repair shop) as the info found here can be inaccurate and confusing sometimes...no worries.. I don't plan to stack batts in my copper BFM anytime soon anyway... It hits hard enough already..thx for your concern, :cool:

NO

Stacked batteries DOUBLE the voltage ; FACT, so plug 8 volts into that ohm calculator, and tell me what you get..

Parallel batteries stay the same voltage 'stacked' or 'series' batteries double the voltage FACT

PARALLEL BATTERIES remain the same voltage; again, do some homework before you do something stupid

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The congestus HAS been around for years but now for the first time the typical fasttech buyer can pick one up.
Some of these vapers can't even fire a KTS Storm in a malls food court without having it vent. "the first time i hit the button it got really hot, so i tried firing it a few more times and..."

Anyone remember that guy?

He posted a youtube vid of himself venting a kts storm in a mall food court with a dead shorted iclear30 on top using the gray ICR18350 that fasttech gives you for free with the kts explod-a-mod!

Then he blamed fasttech for his stupidity!

People like that guy will now have access to this mod!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NO

Stacked batteries DOUBLE the voltage ; FACT, so plug 8 volts into that ohm calculator, and tell me what you get..

Parallel batteries stay the same voltage 'stacked' or 'series' batteries double the voltage FACT

PARALLEL BATTERIES remain the same voltage; again, do some homework before you do something stupid
With that said I will definitely NOT be stacking any batts in any of my mech mods anytime soon..I'll just wait for better 26650 batts to evolve..and they're improving all the time...these two BFM's both have the 26650 purple Efest batts rated at 32Ac/64Ap...builds in both Zenith RDA's are .15 ohms (22g in one and parallel 26g in the other) that pull 28A at 4.2v...I just have to say I do practice safety and obey ohms law by using the right battery to support these builds safely..I will always practice good common sense and safety in our vaping hobby, now and in the future..take care....
46c809813a434d89d7295a9b0154641f.jpg

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why are you so paranoid about stacking batteries?? Ohms law still applies and as long as its obeyed its all good..
I'm thinking about getting the double stack tube for my copper 26650 BFM..I wouldn't have to build super low sub ohm coils like I have been doing the last 6 mos without any problems whatsoever on the single 26650 BFM batt...recommended not to go below .7 ohms double stacked....as long as ohms law is strictly obeyed I don't see any need to be so paranoid... But that's just me...lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NO

I did just that and figured I wouldn't have to build super sub ohm coils anymore with a stacked 26650 tube..my builds with the single batt in my BFM are from .09-.2 ohms that have been great for the last 6 mos. Wouldn't have to go so low double stacked, more like about .4 or more....
I don't know for sure as my new BFM double stack tube from Bay City Vapor hasn't arrived yet...And the 26650 batts I plan to use are rated at 32Acont/64Apulse...even a .3 ohm build pulls only 28A at 8.4v so on paper it looks like a good place to start ..

Well looks like a lot of people on here don't know what they're talking about. Been using mine on 0.17 build dual parallel with 24g kanthol 8 wraps... no battery issues and no power issues in the batteries, must be i don't go and buy fake Sony considering they were dis-continued in 2014 and renamed from VTC to something else...

Oh and here is the proof

Attachments

• WP_20150704_003.jpg
    WP_20150704_003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • WP_20150701_005.jpg
    WP_20150701_005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • WP_20150704_006.jpg
    WP_20150704_006.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 59

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NO

Spot on and why vehicles and RVs with two batteries have neg cables connected to both neg posts, because otherwise you'd end up with 24V, just like two stacked 4.2V gives you 8.4V.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL. I have 15 Sony 26650's. They are no longer made, but anyone selling them now is selling you a load of bull poop.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Does this guy even realize he rolled into an 8 month old thread and told a bunch of people that don't even use the forum any longer that they don't know what they are talking about?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used an 18650 mech box that was wired in series (stacked). A .2ohm build is essentially unvapeable, and may catch your wick on fire.
Theres just too much voltage there (8.4 at max charge).
.2ohms @ 8.4volts = 42 amps and 352 watts. Bad fucking news
I found that a .6ohm build was rockin.
.6ohms @8.4volts = 14 amps and 117watts. Much better

VU Sponsors